Do you consider Michael to be an official Michael Jackson album?

analogue

Proud Member
I don't. Any albums that are released now are just posthumous albums to me. Don't get me wrong i'm interested in hearing new MJ music but for me the last official album will always be Invincible

I don't. Any albums that are released now are just posthumous albums to me. Don't get me wrong i'm interested in hearing new MJ music but for me the last official album will always be Invincible

I agree, Invincible will always be Michael's last officially released work. Now it's just people releasing his music that that think would be in the best interest of Michael's Legacy.

JUst like the 2PAC posthumous releases i don't consider them official ALBUMS simply because they don't represent Michael's continued vision or that he would've necessarily used all of the tracks. i can only hope that the rest of the posthumous releases don't take the same path the PAC albums have taken.

I don't either. Whenever I talk about his albums I end at Invincible. It's great that we get to hear some songs that we might never have been able to but Invincible was the last album with MJ's seal of approval.

Since MJ did not finish the album himself no. - It's an official MJ product of course, but not an album finalized by the master himself.

I love Michael though.

No, I don't, but I still love it and am appreciative of it. "Best of Joy" is still the most gorgeous song in the world and the perfect ode to his legacy of endless love. Gosh, I miss him.

No, I don't consider it official. Michael didn't choose to release it himself, he didn't pick the tracks, artwork, etc.

Yeah, I'm the same. It's more of a collection of songs for me, rather than an MJ ALBUM. Fave track for me is Best Of Joy... it's just VERY MJ. And yeah .. that and Much Too Soon (minus the stuff McClain added) are beautiful codas

Yeah, I'm the same. It's more of a collection of songs for me, rather than an MJ ALBUM. Fave track for me is Best Of Joy... it's just VERY MJ. And yeah .. that and Much Too Soon (minus the stuff McClain added) are beautiful codas

I can't get enough of "Best of Joy". I hear magic in that song every time I play it. :wub:

It's an official product, but I'm considering it more of a compilation.

yes, I do. Michael didn't finish it, but his soul is still in this album and it was an official release. so for me, it is an official Michael Jackson album.

Hearing Michael's voice it's always a privileage and a great joy:)and i'm really happy to have a new album...and "Michael" was pretty good, I had a lot of fun listening to the songs;-)

I consider it his only real album, the rest are crap.

:D I'm just kidding.

I'm obviously with the rest of you, and I highly doubt you'll get much of a different response in this thread... The answer is sort of obvious...

It doesn't flow like a normal Michael Jackson album at all so that's probably another big reason.

Honestly - I don't. As much as I love songs like Much too soon, Best of joy or Behind the mask I just can't convince myself. I mean, for me the Invincible was the last Michael Jackons's studio album, period.

I don't. I consider it a sort of compilation. A various artists thing even, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I agree with almost everyone else - no, I don't consider it to be an official Michael Jackson album, because he wasn't involved in the final production and mixing of the songs, selecting the songs for the album, selecting the artwork, etc.

However, I am glad that it was released. I love Hold My Hand and Best of Joy.

Nope, it's an official product of Sony but not MJ. It never received his approval, therefore, it's not Michael's official album.

Nope.

Just a collection of unreleased songs for me really.

Non MJ fans would think it is though.

No. First and foremost because he never gave it his approval. Secondly, and this is another important factor for me, because of the Cascio tracks.

No, it's a collection of songs he didn't want to release.

I don't think it's that he didn't want them released, because every artist knows how the industry works and that things will be released when all is said and done. It's just that he was never able to put his final touches on them. I'm sure all of these songs, he wanted released at some point, but because he was such a perfectionist, they were still a work-in-progress at the time he passed.

With that said, it's hard to say, because these songs are all Michael's hard work and effort, even if they've been tinkered. But by the same token, they're not his final vision of each song. I just look at it as a glimpse of what Michael had in store for us in the future, and with him debuting "Best of Joy" on the final This Is It show, you know he was getting close to putting out an album. Or at least that's what it seems like to me.

I don't. First of all Michael didn't finish this album. And the quality of some songs is (imo) lower than that Michael's works ought to have.
Btw, I don't recognize Let It Be as The Beatles' official album either.

I look at MICHAEL as a collection of unreleased demos. Similar to what I viewed The Ultimate Collection as. It's not an official MJ album because the songs were not finished, Michael would not have chosen 80% of them to be on an album, and it lacks MJ's epic vision. I still enjoy the material because it gives us a glimpse of what he was working on. I will treat any other posthumous album with the same respect.

I look at MICHAEL as a collection of unreleased demos. Similar to what I viewed The Ultimate Collection as. It's not an official MJ album because the songs were not finished, Michael would not have chosen 80% of them to be on an album, and it lacks MJ's epic vision. I still enjoy the material because it gives us a glimpse of what he was working on. I will treat any other posthumous album with the same respect.

Well said.

Back