Do you think the Cascio tracks are strong enough to be on "Michael"?

kottur13

Proud Member
Let's cast aside any doubts over the legitimacy of them and vote on whether or not you think Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Breaking News are strong enough, musically, to be on the album.

I can't see any option to add a poll for some reason...so I guess we should just discuss instead.

My vote: no.

Yes,
And I think this will become another discussion topic, to be honest.

Another Cascio thread!
We haven't heard the final version of the songs so I will wait till I listen to the album itself!
But another thread like this is gonna end up in an argument...
Apart from that I like the songs, yes!

Yes. The songs are amazing.

You don't get songs like Keep Your Head up anymore, that's a fact.

Monster is an instant hit too. Brilliant song.

I must admit I do like Breaking News.

Not really a fan of Keep Your Head Up and Monster though.

NO to Breaking News..

A definate YES to KYHU & Monster.

Yes to Breaking news...

I haven't heard Keep your Head up nor Monster.

Yes on all 3, though I can't remember much of "Keep Your Head Up". I do remember liking it, though. I love the other tracks, they're so danceable! I especially love "Monster"!

Not really sure yet, great songs, but production wise they are not among my MJ faves, might change my opinion about that when I hear the album versions of them though....

What we have of the tracks may not be what is final. We have not heard the album yet. I think this is a good topic, but for now, I think it needs to be closed until we at least get tracks to be able to make an educated response. I will reopen this later. :)

Considering that the album has leaked, I think this can be reopened. And remember, this is not about real vs fake. It is about the strength of the songs themselves.

Last edited:
Monster is OK, the other two are the weakest points of the album IMO.

Yes.

Monster is a fantastic song, very very great. A true killer.
KYHU is also amazing. So beautiful. Great song.
BN - the weakest of the Cascio tracks. - But yes, it fits in good. A fine personal song from MJ.

NO!

I'm really sad that it's going to taint Mike's almost flawless catalogue.

Good thing Much too soon and some songs in the album are deserving,,...

I will respect the thread's author and focus on the songs.

They are not strong compositions, so it's a no from me

BUT it is possible that an MJ performance of them would make them sound SO MUCH BETTER, that we probably wouldn't be concerned about them.

What I am trying to say is that, the vocals are those that cause awkardness and not the fact that the songs aren't strong tunes, that's what I think

Also it's not impossible to me that Michael could have participated, co-penned some of those songs, or even all who knows

after hearing the actual tracks, all 3 are more than strong enough. Monster is a killer.

Breaking News would have been better if they never previewed it on mj.com.

Breaking News is really the only downside to this album for me. IMO, if it really is Michael it is his worst song to date, there is no way he would want this song released.

monster and keep you head up is good. actually Monster is the killer song, but Breaking news is not good to be released in Michael Genius Jackson's album, I still don't think it's a Michael Jackson Song, even though Michael singing it. It's just had the strange feeling for me to hear Michael singing his song in third person.

l hate all his three tracks

Breaking news ,keep your head up Monster

l would not like to have the album till l heard Another day and Hollywood tonight.

This is my opinion

Considering in the USA Urban radio is where MJ gets majority of his love

Keep your Head up is a must. Like i said 2 weeks ago, this track will be hotter on r&b and hip hop radio than Butterflies was. Watch

Back