Does anyone else go back in time?

dam2040

Proud Member
I often use the Internet Archive to read Michael's old wikipedia, or even the This is It tour page because I remember checking it daily out of so much excitement I could burst. Checking old Google search results for a set time period, anything.

Just wondering if anyone does the same in that sad trip down memory lane.

I just did recently. I checked out the forum archives and read stuff from 2007. I accidentally came to a blog that was dated in 2008 and the author was so excited for a new album.

I used to but can’t anymore. It’s just too depressing reading comments before 25th June from fans about their excitement for This Is It, a new album, the future etc. I can’t bring myself to do it anymore. It makes me incredibly sad, knowing that all the dreams fans had regarding MJ, they all never came to fruition :cry:

Once in a great while I do.. i go into the this is it section.. it's very strange for me.

dam2040;4230759 said:
I often use the Internet Archive to read Michael's old wikipedia, or even the This is It tour page because I remember checking it daily out of so much excitement I could burst. Checking old Google search results for a set time period, anything.

Just wondering if anyone does the same in that sad trip down memory lane.

Nite Line;4230792 said:
I used to but can’t anymore. It’s just too depressing reading comments before 25th June from fans about their excitement for This Is It, a new album, the future etc. I can’t bring myself to do it anymore. It makes me incredibly sad, knowing that all the dreams fans had regarding MJ, they all never came to fruition :cry:

Could you guys post some links for what your talking about please? Would be cool to see

Nice thread dude! I often wonder if anyone thinks like this

I've been back and checked out the This Is It section, which is a tough read to be honest. It was such an exciting time to be a fan

A weird one as well, I went back and checked out the BAD 25 section, with the demos, the concert, and the documentary it was so exciting. The only thing that could top it was Mike still being around

It is strange to read about Michael when he was still with us.

sometimes i do...i remember when we most of us made the jump from MJNO to MJJC back in 2007 and we had the photo/introduction thread....or that thread we all stayed camped out in waiting for Michael to land in Japan lol i miss those days when the excitement was through the roof...just a glimpse of him or his whereabouts sent us into a frenzy...but NOTHING beats the Ebony/Thriller 25 rollout and the 'This Is It' press conference. MAN!!!

I used to some years ago. But then it just got to be too much for me. And just stop going in to section. Why be reminded of what could have been. My depression is still bad enough as is. Why go in to that section to remind me why I suffer from depression in the first place. When I think back to how h word and e word I was for him. And I couldn't wait to hear about these concerts on here. And what it was like from the fans that got to go see him.

How about going back and reading peoples comments about what this is it tickets they got and when they are going etc... than litterally the day of - it changed.. the whole feeling of the board changed!

That trips me out stillll

I used to read the old threads when mike was still here but like someone else said its too depressing and sad to look at

I do sometimes. I did recently, and felt down for about a week. It's a depressing and interesting road.

I try it very rarely - and have always to accept that it is still impossible.

In opposite to it I love! to see pictures of Michael:heart:, to listen to his music - I forced myself to do it from day 1 after June 25:cry:. But it lasted years to watch his shortfilms. And to read old articles/fanzines/trialreports/...? - no, I can´t.

So do I and I just watched a video of Mike singing with boyz 2 men, nearly made me tear up.

I've done some research and gathered together links to around 200 fan websites (primarily from 1996-1999 but contain years after that too). It's nice to look through them, they offer a nice insight into what it was like to be a fan back then.

Recently I read more by accidently in an Elvis-Presly forum and I saw the thread of Michael's death in 2009. It was heartbreaking to read how the Elvis fans were shooked from Michael's death and they followed the daily news over weeks/month. There is sadness to be felt. Over time, one or the other troll came into the thread, but the other members said to them they shell go away.

For awhile it was pretty tough but then I slowly got back into watching videos and listening to my fave tracks. MJJC is the only forum I keep up with concerning Michael. I guess I had my phases if you can call them like that where I only watched This is it and then for months on end couldn’t and now I can watch it again with a gratitude in my heart and I still talk a lot about Michael when a memory pops up.

Going back in time is a way to preserve your cherished memories and do they ache, yes they do but I feel if you don’t remember the memories they are like gone. I don’t want them gone really.

I don’t read the discussions though prior to and of 2009 as then I miss Michael too much as our joy was so brutally broken.

Yeh i dont look at old posts from 2009 and brfore that cuz it just too heartbreaking. but what i miss most is the old mjjc chatroom. There always the same ppl come into the chatrrom (including myself) and we would have a blast. I do wish we had a chatroom like that again

Back