Does anyone else on here listen exclusively to Michael (excluding classical music here) ?

I listen almost only to Michael.
They have been sending some concerts on tv, Madonna, Robbie williams and Tina Turner.
They sent only one hour from Madonnas and Robbie Williams concerts but that was enough for me.
Afterwards I had to see history tour, on youtube , or dangerous in Bucharest.

Not exclusively, but it's the first thing I turn on in the car. After all his songs play, then I go to the radio, but in the back of my mind I still hear Michael. My husband always asks me if I ever get tired of it, the answer is always NO!

Nah.I'm a musician & come from a musical family so I couldn't just listen to MJ.I love him,he's the best but I love a few great artists & tons of great music.

^
I don't feel at all like I'm missing out.

Exactly. How can you be missing somethin youve never really tried?
A few years ago around me being 15 y.o, I had, what I believe to be an imature view about only Michael being good. Which yeah fair enough I was 15. But now I listen to so much more music. I feel sad that I had that imature view. I think it was because I had such a high opinion of Michael that I would have a barrier up to anythin new. My opinion has in no way lowered. Just me growing out of that view.

But now I'll try listening to anythin. From Hip Hop to Indie to Rock to Drum & Bass to Jungle to RnB. I think everyone should open up to more genre's of music. People will think like oh Hip Hop & rap all they talk about is money n bitches. Yeah thats because your listenin to mainstream radio! So much more to it.

I truly believe people should open up and try new genre's. To benefit music but equally to benefit themselves.

I like other music, but Michael's is just better...Period...I can't get tired of his music...And, it's true what another poster said, i feel like i have a spiritual connection to his music...That's not just something I can ignore and listen to other stuff...Other stuff is really just background music for me and I essentially forget about what I just listened to....He'll always be my favourite...It's something I can't help

Exactly. How can you be missing somethin youve never really tried?
A few years ago around me being 15 y.o, I had, what I believe to be an imature view about only Michael being good. Which yeah fair enough I was 15. But now I listen to so much more music. I feel sad that I had that imature view. I think it was because I had such a high opinion of Michael that I would have a barrier up to anythin new. My opinion has in no way lowered. Just me growing out of that view.

But now I'll try listening to anythin. From Hip Hop to Indie to Rock to Drum & Bass to Jungle to RnB. I think everyone should open up to more genre's of music. People will think like oh Hip Hop & rap all they talk about is money n bitches. Yeah thats because your listenin to mainstream radio! So much more to it.

I truly believe people should open up and try new genre's. To benefit music but equally to benefit themselves.

Uhmm...

not all people are alike...

SOME people...

like myself...

feel a more spiritual connect to Mr. Jackson and his music.

I, talking for myself, feel like I've heard God when I listen to him. Every desire in me is complete.
I don't expect you to understand because I know you haven't felt that and that's okay... maybe you've felt other amazing things I'll never feel.

But at the end of the day, YES I have heard many different genres and whatever...

and I respect many artists like Lennon, McCartney, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Barry Gibb, etc, etc...

but...when I try and listen to them...I don't feel the same visceral thrill I experience when I listen to Michael.

He is my everything.

I don't need any other voice, any other face....but his.

I listen to mostly Michael's music. I also like his nephew's group 3T, and a couple of others but that's it.

Lol... can't/don't be sayin you "know" what Ive felt about Michael's music.

& I do understand how other people just like Michael's music.

Basically only my first line was aimed at you. If you notice I dont say "you" again after that line. I say "people", "themselves" and "they". Only say "you" afterwards because I explained an example of how easily people block out hip hop.

I listen to Michael the most out of everyone, but without the beatles, temptations, even alot of old school rap, id feel incomplete.

I don't only listen to Michael, but his music can convey my every mood.
lately the weather has been cloudy but peaceful and relaxing....that's when I listen to "Human Nature".

When I need to be uplifted I listen to "Smile" and "Keep The Faith" and when I need to feel excited I listen to some off the wall/thriller stuff.

Well, I am very picky in what I like. MJ is my only favorite artist, apart from two Arab artists. I listen to other songs and compositions, but I do not follow the artists. I have different playlists on my Itunes, "MJ" which contains around a hundred songs of his and "Other Faves" which contain a little over forty songs. I think that Michael not only was an otherworldly talent, but he also valued both his name and his fans very very much. The man only put out 6 or 7 studio albums in 30 years! That tells you volumes about Michael.

Back