Dr. Fripro Carr: What Really Happened to Michael Jackson?

I believe Firpo Carr's article was trying to warn the GENERAL PUBLIC, THE MASSES, and certainly not the majority of the fans (most of us already knew on day1, it was murder)that our Michael was murdered by multiple people in his own camp, that is was a planned and well thought out murder with its own scapegoat. His article indicates this was not an accident and Michael could not have done this to himself, in other words, it was done to him.

The general public has had these two things thrown at them through the media since June 25th: Michael is a druggie,& Michael begged for the propofol. This is embedded in their subconscious about who Michael was and how he died.

Think, what would be the opposite of that???? This is what Firpo Carr's article is trying to get across, He is trying to tell the world, it did not happen they way the media has been telling us it happened nor did it happen the way Murray say either.

I believe Firpo Carr knows alot about what happened the night Michael Jackson was murdered.

If we want to uncover the truths and all of its players, completely dismissing what he says would probably be a mistake.( imo)

Originally I was frustrated about this article. What does it mean "some things better be left unanswered?"
But then I read your post and I think I agree. The target group for this was not the fans, it was rather the wider public.
Very good perspective!!

Originally I was frustrated about this article. What does it mean "some things better be left unanswered?"
But then I read your post and I think I agree. The target group for this was not the fans, it was rather the wider public.
Very good perspective!!

Thank you Maria MJ for your compliment! I am glad I could help you understand more of what I feel the article is trying to convey to the general mass public. He was clearly speaking to them.

What does it mean to say, " some things are better left unanswered"? With the contents of his article, I think he is trying to say, he is not going to be the one to answer all the questions of who and why Michael was killed but he is at the same time giving the public a tease and almost admitting to saying he does have the answer but want the reader to come away with this question: "Can I really handle knowing what the truth is".

He's teasing. He knows something.

Dr Firpo Carr KNOWS who did it.

Please, Dr. Carr - I beg you to tell the police.

And I've always had the gut feeling that Murray was not alone in that mansion. Either he was framed or told to do what he did - and NOTHING can shake that feeling from me.

And nothing should shake that feeling from you! You may be right. Alot of fans feel this way as well.

I believe Firpo Carr and others who know the family and some of the players surrounding Michael's murder HAVE already gone to the police, I think they did this before the TII movie release, which is why I think its taking so long.

I think there are people being Investigated in the Murder who are NOT doctors. I have no proof of this, this is just an observation and strong feeling I have.

Here's another good article he wrote about Michael.
Neverland, Wonderland, & Foreverland

Why Michael Jackson envisioned paradise

By Dr. Firpo Carr

Los Angeles Sentinel Newspaper

December 2 - 9, 2009

Once upon a time there was a wonderful man named Mr. Michael Jackson who built a dream world called Neverland. The original Neverland was the fictional home of Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, and others, and was a place where certain people defied the aging process. In the mind of J. M. Barrie, whose vivid imagination conjured up this first Neverland (also spelled Never Land or referenced as Never Never Land), the place was a metaphor for perpetual youth or endless life, as well as escapism from the harsh realities of a cruel world. Neverland Ranch, nestled near the picturesque coastline city of Santa Barbara, California, was Mr. Michael's attempted grasp at fanciful childhood years--as he envisioned them--long obscured by the relentless passing of Father Time. He so badly wanted to share his world with children of all ages and races who were sick or in some other way disadvantaged or underprivileged. He even invited the rich little boy and girl to play in his world. But all too soon, there was trouble in paradise.

Some people who weren't nice like Mr. Michael devised elaborate schemes to get money from him. They said he did bad, unthinkable things to little boys. Eventually, seventy law enforcement agents stormed Paradise City in search of evidence against Mr. Michael. Though they found nothing incriminating, a few of these otherwise good agents even stole some of Mr. Michael's valuable things. They violated the sanctity of Neverland. Even though he knew he was innocent, and that this fact would be later proven in a court of law, local government authorities humiliated Mr. Michael in an unspeakable way by photographing his genitalia. Most people are embarrassed when they are caught naked. Can you imagine government representatives, and others, taking a photograph of your private parts and then announcing it to the world?

Mr. Michael Jackson was devastated. All he wanted to do was help people--especially little children all over the world. Now his dream world was at Neverland was shattered. His heartbreak was unbearable. But Mr. Michael survived the entire ordeal, though there was no more Neverland, and he was never the same. Encouragingly, paradise was lost, but not forever. Later, Mr. Michael made plans to replicate or regain paradise. His restored Garden of Eden would be an oasis in the middle of the desert. According to the August 13, 2009, copy of The Las Vegas Sun, the realtor who showed Michael Jackson a $16 million dollar property, Zar Zanganeh, said that Michael "got so excited, the minute we drove through the gates here" at the property. Zanganeh said that Mr. Michael "got that feeling of Neverland. As soon as he stepped out of the car, he said, ‘Zar, I love this place. I'm calling it Wonderland.'"

Mr. Michael still sought escape from a cruel world that hounded him. Because he suffered a horrible accident when his hair caught on fire he had to take pain pills. Over the years his indescribably physical pain coupled with his heart wrenching emotional pain caused him to become dependant on these pain killers. However, he was still the same wonderful, beautiful person that he always was. He NEVER caused anyone any harm.

So, though he was growing tired and weary, Mr. Michael forever south paradise. In fact, he heard about paradise and the Garden of Eden when his mother read the Bible to all her children. Here's what she told them:

Man & Animals at Peace: "The wolf will romp with the lamb, the leopard sleep with the kid. Calf and lion will eat from the same trough, and a little child will tend them. Cow and bear will graze the same pasture, their calves and cubs grow up together, and the lion eat straw like the ox. The nursing child will crawl over rattlesnake dens, the toddler stick his hand down the hole of a serpent. Neither animal nor human will hurt or kill on my holy mountain. The whole earth will be brimming with knowing God-Alive, a living knowledge of God ocean-deep, ocean-wide." (Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25 The Message Bible) This is why Mr. Michael populated Neverland with peaceful animals.

Humanity at Peace: "In the last days, the mountain of the Lord's house will be the highest of all--the most important place on earth. It will be raised above the other hills, and people from all over the world will stream there to worship. People from many nations will come and say, ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of Jacob's God. There he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths.' For the Lord's teaching will go out from Zion; his word will go out from Jerusalem. The Lord will mediate between nations and will settle international disputes. They will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation, nor train for war anymore. (Isaiah. 2:2-4, New Living Translation) Mr. Michael wanted all nations to be at peace. He knew that God would eventually make this happen.

Housing Problem Forever Gone: "They'll build houses and move in. They'll plant fields and eat what they grow. No more building a house that some outsider takes over. No more planting fields that some enemy confiscates. For my people will be as long-lived as trees, my chosen ones will have satisfaction in their work. They won't work and have nothing come of it, they won't have children snatched out from under them. For they themselves are plantings blessed by God, with their children and grandchildren likewise God-blessed. Before they call out, I'll answer." (Isaiah 65:21-24, The Message Bible) Though housing and employment are serious concerns today, Mr. Michael knew they wouldn't be for long.

Advantages of Right-Hearted People: "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed: Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit." (Isaiah. 65:13, 14, King James Version) "And Jehovah of armies will certainly make for all the peoples, in this mountain, a banquet of well-oiled dishes, a banquet of wine kept on the dregs, of well-oiled dishes filled with marrow, of wine kept on the dregs, filtered. .... He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken it." (Isaiah 25:6-8, New World Translation) "No more sounds of weeping in the city, no cries of anguish; No more babies dying in the cradle, or old people who don't enjoy a full lifetime; One-hundredth birthdays will be considered normal--anything less will seem like a cheat. (Isaiah 65:18-20, The Message Bible) Mr. Michael was happy that old age and death would soon be eradicated.

"But here on this mountain, God-of-the-Angel-Armies will throw a feast for all the people of the world; a feast of the finest foods, a feast with vintage wines, a feast of seven courses, a feast lavish with gourmet desserts. And here on this mountain, God will banish the pall of doom hanging over all peoples, the shadow of doom darkening all nations. Yes, he'll banish death forever. And God will wipe the tears from every face. (Isaiah 25:6-9, The Message Bible) The dread, fear, and frustrating enveloping the globe right now will be things of the past. Mr. Michael even went to people's homes to share this good news with them.

Bad Memories Erased: Finally, Mr. Michael realized that even if you're in the new system of things here in paradise on earth, but still retained bad memories, you really wouldn't be happy. So, he was very pleased with this particular promise of God: "For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart." (Isaiah 65:17, New World Translation) People will be so happy they'll forget about the bad times in the past!

So boys and girls, Mr. Michael knew for a certainty that those fond childhood visions of complete happiness will soon reach fruition in an earthly paradise--a Foreverland--where everyone will live happily ever after. The Beginning.

http://firpocarr.com/id5.html

In retrospect, Michael skipped his Wonderland and now he's in Foreverland which is the only idea that brings me comfort about his departure from this messed up world we live in. CAN't wait to join him.

ht_jackson_painting_2_090822_mn.jpg

^^^^ Thank you Mr. Carr, that article is nice, but I'd rather hear some REAL news on how the investigation is going.

Please Firpo, tell us something we DON'T know.

but there's one thing i wish he didn't do...

Mr. Michael still sought escape from a cruel world that hounded him. Because he suffered a horrible accident when his hair caught on fire he had to take pain pills. Over the years his indescribably physical pain coupled with his heart wrenching emotional pain caused him to become dependant on these pain killers. However, he was still the same wonderful, beautiful person that he always was. He NEVER caused anyone any harm.

why stop there in explaining his life?

Last edited:
Thanks for the article!

I had to read it twice:

With this new article, he is using BIBLE verses and mentions to metaphorically drop clues about the Murder of Michael Jackson, The ongoing Investigation and how he feels it will all end.

Go back and read his article and think of what I told you before about one of his more complicated articles having clues in it about what he knows of the Murder. Keep it in min, Firpo Carr believes like many of us do, that our Michael was murdered. Someone who wants the truth out must have told him certain and specific things.

Thanks for the article!

I had to read it twice:

With this new article, he is using BIBLE verses and mentions to metaphorically drop clues about the Murder of Michael Jackson, The ongoing Investigation and how he feels it will all end.

Go back and read his article and think of what I told you before about one of his more complicated articles having clues in it about what he knows of the Murder. Keep it in min, Firpo Carr believes like many of us do, that our Michael was murdered. Someone who wants the truth out must have told him certain and specific things.

can you please tell me what clues you see?? i can't find any clues on the investigation when reading it.

Last edited:
can you please tell me what clues you see?? i can't find any clues on the investigation when reading it.

No, I can't either.

I don't take anything this person says too much to heart because this is a Jehovas Witness and I think from that stand point of course they would love to have the children join the kingdom.

I guess I see things here in black and white.

No, I can't either.

I don't take anything this person says too much to heart because this is a Jehovas Witness and I think from that stand point of course they would love to have the children join the kingdom.

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

I mean that I don't trust or distrust. I just read it and see a lot of religious overtones saying what Michael believed.

I don't know what he really believed. He was no longer a Witness to my understanding because he celebrated holidays.

Firpo is saying a lot of......nothing.

Agree 100%.

Just tell us what you know and stop beating around the bush. He should be brave like MJ and put his neck on the line.

I guess he's just writing for the sake of writing something. I think some of it is speculation. He certainly loved Michael too.

Last edited:
No, I can't either.

To the investigation , spiritual talk maybe a bit off track; but I believe the purpose of the author doing this is to have you understand Michael Jackson, the man and why he did certain things as he was strongly influenced by the fundamental beliefs and still was till the end
(Ebony 2007 interview).
Simply because he left doesn't mean that he rejected everything altogether.

What this author is doing is simply putting a part of the puzzle together.Nothing is ever too irrelevant or insignificant, especially when it comes to MJ.

Let's not dwell on this because this isn't a religion thread but I did feel a need to clarify.

11th of March 2004
http://www.mjfriendship.de/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=210
Press conference doesn’t have Michael’s blessing
"The following press release comes from Michael’s spokeswoman, Raymone Bain:

We have heard that the Jackson Family spokesperson, Dr. Firpo Carr, will be holding a press conference today on behalf of the Jackson family regarding a book written about Michael Jackson.

Should this press conference take place, it is being conducted without Michael Jackson’s prior knowledge or approval.

Mr. Jackson sent a letter to Dr. Carr, dated February 12, 2004, which states in part, “I am respectfully requesting that you please refrain from discussing me, or participating in any discussions regarding me in the media. It does not matter to me whether it is on behalf of my family, if the subject matter is Michael Jackson, you should refrain from making any statements. He continues, “My family has the right to select anyone they so choose to speak on their behalf, and I am sure that they feel you are an effective and loyal spokesperson, who has articulated very clearly their feelings and concerns. However, these interviews are being conducted without my prior approval, and I want them to stop.”

Agree 100%.

Just tell us what you know and stop beating around the bush. He should be brave like MJ and put your neck on the line.

I guess he's just writing for the sake of writing something. I think some of it is speculation. He certainly loved Michael too.

Yeah, Michael was so brave. Especially with his song, "They Don't Really Care About Us". He even made a video for that song!! That's beast.

Artists today wouldn't even think about making a song like that.

But back to topic, Firpo did say he had knowledge of the investigation (which he cannot share). I wish Gaaz can give him an interview too.

New article from Firpo? http://firpocarr.com/id5.html

December 17 - 23, 2009

The "Will" That Won't
[When historians speak in terms of where we are in the stream of time they occasionally use the letters "AD" after a specified year. For example, the current disaster film 2012, loosely based on the premise that according to the Mayan calendar the world as we know it will end in 2012, could have easily been entitled, 2012 AD. The current year is, of course, 2009 AD. For many who profess Christianity, the letters AD stand for "After Death," that is, the period of time after the death of Jesus Christ. In reality, AD are the Latin initials for Anno Domini, which mean, "The Year of Our Lord [Jesus]." Anno is related to the English word "annual," and Dominus means "lord" or "master" in Latin. A couple of days ago, one avid fan on my Facebook page affirmed that death elevated Michael Jackson from the King of Pop to the "God of Pop." While some fan wouldn't make this claim, for them he certainly is the undisputed master of their musical tastes. But what disputes continue to rage after the death of this Dynasty of One?

The "Will" That Won't: To Joseph Jackson, the father of the Jackson 5, the dispute over the alleged "Will" won't go away. In fact, he would have it no other way. The court document Mr. Jackson filed on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 (Case No. BP 117321) contesting the appointment of John Branca--Michael's former attorney who was terminated--and John McClain as the Executors and Special Administrators of the Estate of Michael Jackson is indicative of this reality. Here's what Joseph Jackson asserts through his attorney:

"Branca Used His Own Attorney to ‘Dupe' Michael Jackson to Sign the Leibler-Stoler Conflicts Waiver. On August 27, 2002, Branca sent a letter to Michael Jackson's Attorney Martin Singer of the law firm of Lavely & Singer asking Mr. Singer to review the August 14, 2002, Conflicts of Interest disclosures as independent counsel and to have Michael Jackson sign them. (Exhibit ‘I'). On September 10, 2002, Martin Singer sent a letter to John Branca dated September 10, 2002, where he transmitted the signed conflicts waiver dated August 14, 2002, which he advised Michael Jackson to sign...

"However, Martin Singer and Lavely and Singer were Branca's ‘personal' attorneys, and they were not independent counsel for Michael Jackson. They represented Branca and his wife Linda Hoffman Branca in the case of John G. Branca v. American Airlines, Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. SC 063321, which was filed on September 9, 2000, and removed to the federal court on March 7, 2001, as case number 00-11640 GHK (Rz). (Exhibit ‘K'). Martin Singer was lead attorney in that case, and the case remained pending in federal court until April 1, 2002, only three (3) months prior to the purported July 7, 2009 [sic], Will, and only four (4) months prior to the conflicts waiver of August 14, 2002.

"Branca used his own attorney to assure his ‘patsy' client, Michael Jackson, that his conflict with Michael Jackson should be waived. The conduct was a violation of fiduciary duties and fraud. It affects not only this Court, but also the real victims in this matter, Katherine Jackson, Joseph Jackson, Michael Jackson's children, Prince, Paris, and Prince Michael II, and all of the members of the Jackson Family. This ‘sordid' transaction should have been disclosed to this Court before Branca asked this Court to appoint him Executor. What might be ok for the client should not be ok for this Court or the parties to this Estate because this Court must pass independent judgment on conflicts of interest. Branca concealed the conflicts of interest from this Court when he filed the July 1, 2009, Probate Petition, and that concealment disqualifies him from being Executor." Stunning. Joe Jackson is mad as hell, and he isn't going to take it anymore! But, what about wife Katherine?

Many are asking, "Why isn't Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother, contesting the infamous ‘Will' of dubious origin?" Family members and observers close to the family retort that her hands are tied due to some rather dark, unhealthy, external influences. For example, family supports say the very clever (some say diabolical) parties who crafted the "Will" installed a clause that states if Katherine Jackson challenges the legitimacy of said "Will," she faces the disturbing probability of being excluded from it completely, effectively losing all her inheritance. "Would Michael have placed such a clause in his Will?" doubters ask. Again, this is seen as a deliberate strategy to remove any possibility of a challenge to what family members are alleging is a bogus "Will." Since Joseph Jackson is not mentioned in the "phony" Will, he stands to lose nothing by exposing what he considers to be its glaring deficiencies. More to come.]

Why is it so hard to prove the will is fake?

We all know Michael was in NY that week. He must have had his entourage with him. His agent with his itinirary must have records of what he did that day. Where's the appointment book? Surely a person the status of Michael had to have one o'those???

Last edited:
^ Thanks for the post :)

I wish Firpo can write more about the murder investigation...than about the will, and biblical stories and such.

But then maybe he might not have more info to give. Or he probably already said everything he had to say.

I don't know, but I can't wait till investigation is over and truth is revealed.

God sees all. Any wrong done will be righted in God's own inimitable way. And as for Michael's magnanimous actions, well, he can now rest from all his labors of love. And we can rest assured that he will be rewarded for all the wonderful works he has done. (Rev. 14:13) Peace and blessings. Amen.

This is the only part I understand and believe is true...The other parts of the article my have relieved something that we've been wondering about, that This has more to do with ppl. wanting Mike gone than it has to do a doctor not knowing how to do CPR or giving him lots of sedatives...

This is not something that one person or 2 or 3 ppl. can do and get away with it. It has to do with something that is gonna be hard for us to take! and as the author said, GOD Sees everything. We only last in this world until we die and what we do to change the world is more appreciated by God. But what these ppl. who want power in the world who want $$$ and who want to kill someone to get it dont have a clue when their time will come, and when it does, its gonna be a Hell of a ride.

Thanks Trish for this article...it got me thinking more...as always, The media dont know sh!t about whats going on so its gonna be the last time that i listen to what they're sayin'

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:
Ok, a new article without all the bible allegories.

Michael Jackson & the Beatles

Coveting the killer catalogue

By Dr. Firpo Carr

December 24 - 30, 2009

Sometime in the mid-1980s Michael Joseph Jackson found himself at the home of Paul and Linda McCartney. As the story goes, while the three enjoyed dinner together Sir Paul McCartney introduced Michael to the idea of owning publishing rights to certain songs. Paul left the dinner table to retrieve a booklet of all the songs he owned the publishing rights to. Seeing them fired the imagination of the razor-sharp business mind that was Michael Jackson's. That Michael had such a mind is verified by Ivan Thornton, a financial expert who was the Jacksons' own private wealth adviser. He is quoted as saying: "His business mind was fascinating." Thornton didn't stop there. "We'd go to meetings with bankers and Wall Street people and once I explained the language to him, he totally got it. There was no formal education there, but his natural knack was off the charts."

McCartney explained to Dr. M. Joseph Jackson that music publishing was the way to make BIG money. The Gloved One reportedly responded by saying that someday he himself would own the publishing rights to the songs made by that super mega institution called The Beatles. "Great," Paul laughed. "Good joke." Alas, it was no joke. Michael Joseph Jackson was deadly serious. But what are the details that lead to the King of Pop owning the killer ATV catalogue of Beatle tunes?

What is ATV?: Associated TeleVision (ATV) is the British company that at one time completely owned the Beatles' catalogue of songs. It was started in 1955, several years before Michael Jackson was born, by Lew Grade. In 1957 the company acquired Pye Records, which was at the time one of three prominent record companies in the United Kingdom. During the 1960s British music explosion here in the United States ATV Music Publishing and its wholly-owned subsidiary Pye Records were at the forefront. In 1968, ATV pulled off a coup by acquiring the rights to the Lennon-McCartney song catalogue which was entitled Northern Songs. The value of this acquisition can be seen in the fact that virtually every song that John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote, right up until the Beatles split in 1971, was in the catalogue. The two Beatles, however, were not about to go down without a fight to keep the catalogue. As one source recounts:

"Northern Songs had been co-owned and administered by Brian Epstein and Dick James. Upon Epstein's death in 1967, James, who was approaching retirement, put the company up for sale. Lennon and McCartney, upset that the songs they had written were not theirs legally, attempted to gain ownership of the publishing rights. Their bid to gain control, part of a long and acrimonious fight, failed. The financial clout of Grade, their adversary in the bidding war, ensured that the music written by the two Beatles passed into the control of ATV."

By the time the 1980s rolled around Lew Grade's financial empire apparently began to crumble. As a result, both ATV Music Publishing and Pye Records were up for sale. Reports indicate that in 1985 an Australian businessman--not Rupert Murdock, but rather, Robert Holmes á Court--bought the companies, fired a lot of people, and then sold ATV and Pye for a hefty profit.

Prophecy Fulfilled: So, just who did Robert Holmes á Court sell the companies to? You guessed it. Michael Joseph Jackson. It was just as he told Paul McCartney over dinner not too long ago. But was this a ruthless, treacherous, underhanded business deal on Michael's part? Was he in fact sneakily stabbing his teacher in the back? Not according to one account of what transpired. Here's what one source says: "John Branca, Jackson's attorney, advised the singer that the Northern Songs catalogue was up for sale. Warned of the competition he would face in buying such popular songs, Jackson remained resolute in his decision to purchase them. Branca approached McCartney's attorney to query whether the Beatle was planning to bid. The attorney stated he wasn't; it was ‘too pricey.' McCartney had previously attempted to purchase Northern Songs alongside John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono in 1981 for $20 million; the pair would each pay $10 million. Ono refused as she thought it was too high a price. Not wanting to spend the $20 million himself, McCartney let the sale fall through. After months of negotiating, Branca closed the deal and purchased Northern Songs on Jackson's behalf for $47.5 million."

Sony, the One and Only: But how did it come to be called "Sony/ATV Music Publishing"? Indeed, how exactly did Sony enter the picture? Actually, insofar as the details are concerned there's more than one version as to what happened. One source writes: "After Jackson's acquisition of ATV Music Publishing, his record label, CBS, were negotiating the sale of their record division in an unrelated deal. Following hurriedly arranged meetings and disagreements over the selling price, a deal was sealed by Jackson during a concert in Tokyo. Upon seeing the success of this sale, Japanese corporation Sony sought to break away from its core business of hardware manufacturing and diversify into music, films and games. Looking for further opportunities, the company aimed to expand its music publishing interests. The Japanese corporation offered Jackson $90 million for 50% of ATV Music Publishing in 1995."

Time Magazine cites a figure of more than $90 million: "In 1995, Jackson agreed to merge ATV with Sony's music-publishing business. The Japanese corporation paid Jackson $150 million to complete the deal and split ownership of the new company with the performer 50-50. In March 2007 an audit of Jackson's finances valued his half of Sony/ATV at $390 million." Either way, everyone seems to agree on the fact that Michael Jackson was rather pleased with the deal. In 1995 he is reportedly quoted in Jet Magazine as saying: "The merging of ATV with Sony establishes our commitment to create one of the largest music publishing ventures in the world. We have been working on this for over a year and, now, with the two of us together, the sky is our only limit." To be sure, Michael thought the merger of ATV Music Publishing and Sony was a match made in heaven. But would all parties involved end up there? Stay tuned for the revealing answer.

Thank you, Riviera1992.

LOL.

He reminds me of Taraborelli writing things he has heard

through the media as if he were the only one who knows

them.

Yeah, that's what I thought. When I read what you quoted, I thought "I hope he tells me something I don't already know" Hee hee.

Ok, a new article without all the bible allegories.

Michael Jackson & the Beatles

Coveting the killer catalogue

By Dr. Firpo Carr

December 24 - 30, 2009

Sometime in the mid-1980s Michael Joseph Jackson found himself at the home of Paul and Linda McCartney. As the story goes, while the three enjoyed dinner together Sir Paul McCartney introduced Michael to the idea of owning publishing rights to certain songs. Paul left the dinner table to retrieve a booklet of all the songs he owned the publishing rights to. Seeing them fired the imagination of the razor-sharp business mind that was Michael Jackson's. That Michael had such a mind is verified by Ivan Thornton, a financial expert who was the Jacksons' own private wealth adviser. He is quoted as saying: "His business mind was fascinating." Thornton didn't stop there. "We'd go to meetings with bankers and Wall Street people and once I explained the language to him, he totally got it. There was no formal education there, but his natural knack was off the charts."

McCartney explained to Dr. M. Joseph Jackson that music publishing was the way to make BIG money. The Gloved One reportedly responded by saying that someday he himself would own the publishing rights to the songs made by that super mega institution called The Beatles. "Great," Paul laughed. "Good joke." Alas, it was no joke. Michael Joseph Jackson was deadly serious. But what are the details that lead to the King of Pop owning the killer ATV catalogue of Beatle tunes?

What is ATV?: Associated TeleVision (ATV) is the British company that at one time completely owned the Beatles' catalogue of songs. It was started in 1955, several years before Michael Jackson was born, by Lew Grade. In 1957 the company acquired Pye Records, which was at the time one of three prominent record companies in the United Kingdom. During the 1960s British music explosion here in the United States ATV Music Publishing and its wholly-owned subsidiary Pye Records were at the forefront. In 1968, ATV pulled off a coup by acquiring the rights to the Lennon-McCartney song catalogue which was entitled Northern Songs. The value of this acquisition can be seen in the fact that virtually every song that John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote, right up until the Beatles split in 1971, was in the catalogue. The two Beatles, however, were not about to go down without a fight to keep the catalogue. As one source recounts:

"Northern Songs had been co-owned and administered by Brian Epstein and Dick James. Upon Epstein's death in 1967, James, who was approaching retirement, put the company up for sale. Lennon and McCartney, upset that the songs they had written were not theirs legally, attempted to gain ownership of the publishing rights. Their bid to gain control, part of a long and acrimonious fight, failed. The financial clout of Grade, their adversary in the bidding war, ensured that the music written by the two Beatles passed into the control of ATV."

By the time the 1980s rolled around Lew Grade's financial empire apparently began to crumble. As a result, both ATV Music Publishing and Pye Records were up for sale. Reports indicate that in 1985 an Australian businessman--not Rupert Murdock, but rather, Robert Holmes á Court--bought the companies, fired a lot of people, and then sold ATV and Pye for a hefty profit.

Prophecy Fulfilled: So, just who did Robert Holmes á Court sell the companies to? You guessed it. Michael Joseph Jackson. It was just as he told Paul McCartney over dinner not too long ago. But was this a ruthless, treacherous, underhanded business deal on Michael's part? Was he in fact sneakily stabbing his teacher in the back? Not according to one account of what transpired. Here's what one source says: "John Branca, Jackson's attorney, advised the singer that the Northern Songs catalogue was up for sale. Warned of the competition he would face in buying such popular songs, Jackson remained resolute in his decision to purchase them. Branca approached McCartney's attorney to query whether the Beatle was planning to bid. The attorney stated he wasn't; it was ‘too pricey.' McCartney had previously attempted to purchase Northern Songs alongside John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono in 1981 for $20 million; the pair would each pay $10 million. Ono refused as she thought it was too high a price. Not wanting to spend the $20 million himself, McCartney let the sale fall through. After months of negotiating, Branca closed the deal and purchased Northern Songs on Jackson's behalf for $47.5 million."

Sony, the One and Only: But how did it come to be called "Sony/ATV Music Publishing"? Indeed, how exactly did Sony enter the picture? Actually, insofar as the details are concerned there's more than one version as to what happened. One source writes: "After Jackson's acquisition of ATV Music Publishing, his record label, CBS, were negotiating the sale of their record division in an unrelated deal. Following hurriedly arranged meetings and disagreements over the selling price, a deal was sealed by Jackson during a concert in Tokyo. Upon seeing the success of this sale, Japanese corporation Sony sought to break away from its core business of hardware manufacturing and diversify into music, films and games. Looking for further opportunities, the company aimed to expand its music publishing interests. The Japanese corporation offered Jackson $90 million for 50% of ATV Music Publishing in 1995."

Time Magazine cites a figure of more than $90 million: "In 1995, Jackson agreed to merge ATV with Sony's music-publishing business. The Japanese corporation paid Jackson $150 million to complete the deal and split ownership of the new company with the performer 50-50. In March 2007 an audit of Jackson's finances valued his half of Sony/ATV at $390 million." Either way, everyone seems to agree on the fact that Michael Jackson was rather pleased with the deal. In 1995 he is reportedly quoted in Jet Magazine as saying: "The merging of ATV with Sony establishes our commitment to create one of the largest music publishing ventures in the world. We have been working on this for over a year and, now, with the two of us together, the sky is our only limit." To be sure, Michael thought the merger of ATV Music Publishing and Sony was a match made in heaven. But would all parties involved end up there? Stay tuned for the revealing answer.

This figure $390 million is wrong. Why do they "forget" Acuff Rose, Famous, and the Leiber-Stroller catalog acquisitions that are part of 750,000 + Sony/Atv? This is worth far more than stated. Think $4-8 billion. Also with all of this(not including mijac) how could Jackson ever not have money; he was 50% owner.

Still a good read though; and yes I believe his murder was because of this. He was in the drivers seat with Sony/Atv.

This figure $390 million is wrong. Why do they "forget" Acuff Rose, Famous, and the Leiber-Stroller catalog acquisitions that are part of 750,000 + Sony/Atv? This is worth far more than stated. Think $4-8 billion. Also with all of this(not including mijac) how could Jackson ever not have money; he was 50% owner.

Still a good read though; and yes I believe his murder was because of this. He was in the drivers seat with Sony/Atv.

Didn't the catalog also contain some famous country singers the likes of Garth Brooks?

It also boggles my mind that Michael was broke. How can this be with all the royalty money? His money people must've been embeselling lots of money. TMez, brought this up in the trial about MJ having his whole staff investigated. He knew something wasn't kosher.

Last edited:
Mj wasn't broke, per se. He had assets worth well over a billion. But he was cash poor according to others. He would have to sell of some of his property in order to have actual; cash he could work with.

He sounds like he really knows something. I wish he would give at least some of his info.

Isn't Firpo Carr giving hints by writing these articles. He is pointing in a certain direction for sure.

Isn't Firpo Carr giving hints by writing these articles. He is pointing in a certain direction for sure.

I have to admit, he's got me a wee bit intrigued.

I'm posting the article in case the link stops working.

[ The King of Pop vs. the Fab Four

Clash of the Titans

By Dr. Firpo Carr

December 31, 2009 - January 6, 2010

Let me state from the outset that who goes to heaven or hell--including those who believe are Michael’s murderers--is not my call. I’m trying to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling! (Philippians 2:12) Still, the bottom line is, countless people believe he was killed over the extensive catalogue he partly owned. How extensive was it? Well, it included music from Mungo Jerry to Chuck Berry.

The King of Pop & His Court: When Michael Jackson agreed to merge his ATV Music Publishing with Sony in 1995 Sony/ATV Music Publishing became the third largest music publisher in the world. Aside from owning a substantial portion of the Beatles catalogue, the Gloved One now owned an interest in the rights to songs by music legends like Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan. He even owned the rights to newer younger acts like Eminem, Akon, Linda Perry, Bjork, Shakira, and Los Angeles-born Beck. And to top it all off, the King of Pop became the proud owner of rights to songs sung by The King himself, Elvis Presley. When in 1957 ATV purchased Pye Records the former inherited the rights to songs by major acts that were part of the British music invasion of the 1960s. Who were some of these mega acts?

The Kinks: "The Kinks are recognized as one of the most important and influential rock acts of the era." Their song You Really Got Me was an international hit. The Moody Blues: "The band has had numerous hit albums in the UK, U.S., and worldwide. They remain active as of 2009. The Moody Blues have sold in excess of 50 million albums worldwide and have been awarded 14 platinum and gold discs." Mungo Jerry: This was a very popular music group, particularly during the early 1970s. Perhaps their most recognizable song is In the Summertime. It was an international mega-hit. The well respected and highly regarded British music magazine Melody Maker reportedly christened Mungo Jerry the ‘best new band’ in 1970, "and as one of the five best live bands in the world in 1971."

The Searchers: This band from Liverpool, England had a string of monster hits during the 1960s. You may have heard of the "other" band from Liverpool; four guys who called themselves The Beatles. Petula Clark: This British Lady is an international star who not only has popular songs under her belt, but is an actress and composer whose career spans 70 years. Donovan: The Scott born as Donovan Phillips Leitch grew to become an accomplished guitarist-singer-songwriter. As a British recording artist he produced a string of hit singles and albums between 1965 and 1970. Furthermore, even after it was acquired by ATV, Pye Records continued to distribute songs by the likes of Carl Douglas and that inimitable crooner, Barry White.

The Jamaican-born Douglas kicked butt with his song Kung Fu Fighting as it topped the charts in 1974. It’s a cult classic to this very day. And hardly anyone needs to be told who the five-time Grammy-award winning "Sultan of Smooth Soul" is. Indeed, Barry White, whose melodic voice resonates in our hearts till this day, will forever be remembered--especially here in Los Angeles where he died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after suffering from renal failure as America celebrated its birthday on July 4, 2003. Not long thereafter the KJLH family, along with LA’s inner city community, met at a park as we all celebrated the Sultan’s music.

Then there’s the ultra-talented singer-songwriter-musician Hank Williams, best known today for the theme song for Monday Night Football. According to one music source his incredible "repertoire of skills include guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, Dobro, piano, keyboards, harmonica, fiddle, and drums." I’d need another column to list his awards! And, because of their astounding music, the Everly Brothers have been called "the most successful U.S. rock and roll duo on the Hot 100." Songs by the famed Roy Orbison were included in the 55,000 country songs that came into Michael’s possession along with the 125,000 plus songs (including orbital hits like Footloose and Moon River) he inherited when ATV bought Famous Music. The purpose of this stroll through what has become the former "killer catalogue" that belonged--at least in part--to one Michael Joseph Jackson? To demonstrate that he was the real "King," and that these acts constituted a part of his royal court.

Michael vs. McCartney: But, without a doubt, the most famous of the music Michael Jackson owned--at least in part--was the Beatles’ catalogue. Reportedly, songs like Yesterday, Drive My Car, Magical Mystery Tour, The Long and Winding Road, Blackbird, And I Love Her, Paperback Writer, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, and, Let It Be, are included. Michael Jackson was publisher! What does this mean? "The publisher would…control the use of the song in films, commercials and stage productions." That means that whenever the songs were played, Michael got paid. "Jackson," the source continues, "went on to use the Beatles’ songs in numerous commercials, feeling that it would enable a new generation of fans to enjoy the music."

But, McCartney took exception to the King of Pop’s use of Beatles songs in commercials. Many thought that Paul spoke representatively for the Fab Four in voicing his objection, and Beatles fans the world over thought commercial use of Fab Four songs sacrilege! How would Michael respond to Paul’s umbrage? "If he didn’t want to invest $47.5 million in his own songs," The King of Pop is reported to have said, "then he shouldn’t come crying to me now." Say, say, say! And just think, I was told by a "reputable" source that Michael had willed the Beatles’ catalogue back Paul, and boldly printed this erroneous information right here in this column. But, as if to scold me from the grave, my friend and brother, Michael Jackson, is quoted as saying way back in 2001: "I want to clarify a silly rumor: The Beatles catalogue is not for sale, has not been for sale and will never be for sale." In other words, he had no intentions of letting it go, go, go!

John Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, weighed in and called the Jackson purchase a "blessing." She’s quoted as saying: "Businessmen who aren’t artists themselves wouldn’t have the consideration Michael has. He loves the songs. He’s very caring." She reportedly lamented: "If Paul got the songs, people would have said, ‘Paul finally got John.’ And if I got them, they’d say, ‘Oh, the dragon lady strikes again.’" Ono is alleged to have said that if she and Paul owned the songs, there would invariably be arguments between them. She then confessed that neither party needed that. Additionally, given the fact that Paul is said to have used the Buddy Holly song catalogue in commercials himself, some see his objection to Michael’s use of the Beatles’ song(s) in such as quintessential hypocrisy.

Either way, the Titans are clashing no more. Michael Jackson is dead, and he was unable to take his riches (valued at two billion dollars per his attorney) with him. Indeed, it is as Scripture states: "For at his death he cannot take along anything at all." (Psalm 49:17) "Just as one has come forth from his mother’s belly, naked will one go away again, just as one came; and nothing at all can one carry away for his hard work." (Ecclesiastes 5:15) Will there be justice for Jackson? Why has God allowed this? What will be the ultimate outcome? Stay tuned! ]

Last edited:
Back