Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

I saw the doc last night - thanks to the link in 2000 Watts section. :)

I quite liked it. BUT - it focuses a lot on the money problems and it makes MJ look like he had no control over his own life. - Maybe it's the truth.

But the scene in the toy store where MJ is eating candy and buys a lot of stuff for his children - knowing the bodyguards did not get paid - portrayed him very badly and selfish. - Then again it might be the truth. He lived in his own fantasy world IMO. No one said no and he did what he wanted.

The shopping scene in LWMJ always made me feel bad too. - It really portrayed him in a bad light IMO.

BUT overall I liked the doc - it was sympathetic and positive (mostly) - the scene where MJ goes crazy when the children are swimming - becuase he sees a camera could be true. - I think he was pretty terrified people was filming his children - and him - but the scene makes him look a little crazy. - BUT that's also when the bodyguard says he first felt MJ was on to something. - So maybe it was the purpose with the scene.

It it pretty obvious that this is from the bodyguards view. - It makes them look like heroes. Sacrifies there own money, family, everything really for MJ. If it's the truth, then god bless them - but it looks like they made them selves look better than reality. - Don't know though. Could be intresting to hear Prince and Paris side of the story. - I guess they might have been old enough to understand.

^ There was a few times on film that Michael sempt off to me, of course drugs came into my head but I told myself a different story..

* This is a side of Michael I simply never seen before
* He's nervous, he's acting different because of pressure

That type of stuff, specific moments for me were.. The first was heading into 30'th anniversary with his zipper down, looking disheveled saying something along the lines "all my love, Michael Jackson" .. Than in LWMJ when being interviewed holding Blanket, than footage of Michael arriving at the Bambi Awards, and the hotel footage of him receiving that MJ book, yes I could tell he was shy and felt odd but there's a change there.. In all these footage (aside from 30th anniversary) it's a jitteryness that is very uncomfortable, voice is slightly altered somewhat like when people are in an altered state - speaking more from the throat.

These are the pieces of footage that I remember most when it comes to me thinking, "Something is going on" and wrote it off because I figured I knew better to think that.

You know that scene where after Randy smashes MJ's gate and Michael says " YOU DONT KNOW HIM! HE WILL FOLLOW US!" I think that confirms what happened with Tina and Bernadette is true.

Jermaine and Randall followed Joe's steps to the letter yet, some fans refuse to accept the Jacksons especially those 2, made Michael's final years more difficult and causing him more problems than what they helped him.

somewhere between a young man to the later years - I've always seen Randy as someone with aggression.. his look in his eye, his presentation, his visual look changed.. It's almost like he looks like he has high blood pressure and you can see it in his face

From the 1998 book The Real T: My 22 years with Tina Turner written by an assistant called Eddy Hampton Armani. It happened around 1983 and Randy was dating a certain Bernadette Swann.

Randy confirmed in 2011 that Tina shot him.

0702-randy-jackson-tweet-credit.jpg

You don't mess with Tina.

tina_turner_pistol2011-med-big-ver.jpg

And this is from 1991.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1991/R...e-Beating/id-717b6ab83eabf219dd3dcf9623466f42

He is lucky Tina did not blow his head off

Taunya Zilkie isn't profiting from a book and a Lifetime movie. This is not a biography at all. This is a perspective seen through a couple of former employee's of Michael Jackson.

Taunya Zilkie has stated they came to Michael's home in Las Vegas to get their money. They did not crash the gates.

Michael had a lot of people working for him in 2007. I still can't figure out how these bodyguard's can say differently by their statements of how an important role they were in Michael's life. Michael was known to keep money in his home, cash, and could have easily paid the bodyguard's.

Michael was being sued by one particular attorney, who worked with Tom Mesereau, in 2005. Tom was paid nearly $3 million and was to pay the other attorney's, which he didn't. Thus a lawsuit ensued. This attorney was trying to prove through his lawsuit a pattern of Michael N O T paying his bills, which included Taunya Zilkie and Randy Jackson.

^ maybe it was more so they were the ones that stayed full time through it all? I really wonder myself.. I know Alberto was around for some of that at least.. Not just the week leading his passing

Maybe the people working for MJ was not around MJ. - He could have many people working for him - but only the nanny and bodyguards travelling with him and being around him.

His life seemes quite sad in the movie.

A question. - After the scene where MJ and a girl kisses in the car - the girl gets MJ talked into leaving the car and going to a club - MJ reluctantly agrees to do so and they get out of the car. - Then a person walks into MJ and says something. - Now I have only seen the movie once, and most of it with my 5 months son hanging on my arm - trying to get him to sleep. So I missed something about the scene I think.

Did the person walk into MJ because it was MJ - or was it just to show that MJ was not used to be out in the normal world. - People often walk into one another and sometimes even saying something harsh afterwards - and the walks away. - OR was it to show that some people don't like MJ and walked into him on purpose to hurt/scare him? - Sorry if my post is a little confusing. Hope you understand the question... :)

These are the pieces of footage that I remember most when it comes to me thinking, "Something is going on" and wrote it off because I figured I knew better to think that.

I saw my mother in far crazier states and she never took any drug whatsoever. Plenty of things can make
people act like MJ acted it's not right to blame drugs when we don't have proof. And even if it's drugs that doesn't mean
someone took drugs when he had no good medical reason to. When you put someone on a morphine drip for example
do you think they will act normally?

A question. - After the scene where MJ and a girl kisses in the car - the girl gets MJ talked into leaving the car and going to a club - MJ reluctantly agrees to do so and they get out of the car. - Then a person walks into MJ and says something. - Now I have only seen the movie once, and most of it with my 5 months son hanging on my arm - trying to get him to sleep. So I missed something about the scene I think.

Did the person walk into MJ because it was MJ - or was it just to show that MJ was not used to be out in the normal world. - People often walk into one another and sometimes even saying something harsh afterwards - and the walks away. - OR was it to show that some people don't like MJ and walked into him on purpose to hurt/scare him? - Sorry if my post is a little confusing. Hope you understand the question... :)

It was an adaptation of this scene in the book, where someone yelled out child molester at Michael and upset him:

FqSygMG.png

t56FK7s.png

However to answer your question, re-watch the scene carefully. The other person walks into MJ very aggressively and deliberately, essentially confirming that he was intentionally hitting Michael to hurt/scare him. Just like the heckler in the above excerpt, many of the people who believe Michael is a molester hate him as a result (and he's walking freely of all things) and I'm sure a good few wouldn't mind approaching him about it if they walked past him in the street.

Using your question to frame the answer, yes, it was showing he was walked into solely because he was MJ, and because that man believed MJ was a freak/pedophilem walking freely.

I saw my mother in far crazier states and she never took any drug whatsoever. Plenty of things can make
people act like MJ acted it's not right to blame drugs when we don't have proof. And even if it's drugs that doesn't mean
someone took drugs when he had no good medical reason to. When you put someone on a morphine drip for example
do you think they will act normally?

And that is why I told myself 'other' reasons. I gave examples of what I told myself to not think that..

It was an adaptation of this scene in the book, where someone yelled out child molester at Michael and upset him:

FqSygMG.png

t56FK7s.png

However to answer your question, re-watch the scene carefully. The other person walks into MJ very aggressively and deliberately, essentially confirming that he was intentionally hitting Michael to hurt/scare him. Just like the heckler in the above excerpt, many of the people who believe Michael is a molester hate him as a result (and he's walking freely of all things) and I'm sure a good few wouldn't mind approaching him about it if they walked past him in the street.

Using your question to frame the answer, yes, it was showing he was walked into solely because he was MJ, and because that man believed MJ was a freak/pedophilem walking freely.

I really hate thos b@$^@#%$ calling Michael that.:throwingstones: If I were with them and I heard that coming from that MJ hating moron calling Michael crap like that I'd kick his sorry @$$ and POW!

giphy.gif

Some people have no shame, and are very entitled...

Taunya Zilkie isn't profiting from a book and a Lifetime movie. This is not a biography at all. This is a perspective seen through a couple of former employee's of Michael Jackson.

Taunya Zilkie has stated they came to Michael's home in Las Vegas to get their money.

And exactly what were Randy and Zilkie doing for MJ? He should have paid them for what?
Screwing up MJSource?

Saw it earlier this week and thought it was decent, better than expected. It looked to me like there was a genuine intent here to portray a side of Michael that people have not seen and to get across that he just wanted to live a normal life with his kids. The narrative device of the bodyguards telling their story during a deposition and the focus on MJ the father worked quite well, and the sets and costumes really looked good. The actors - particularly those playing the bodyguards - were well cast. Of course this film is based on their version of events, so we have no idea how accurate that really is. I see it simply as the story from their perspective, rather than the truth per se.

I think Navi gave it a good shot and for a non-actor he did a decent job (certainly much better than Flex Alexander). But this film did reinforce my belief that it is very difficult for anyone to portray Michael accurately. Part of what made Michael so interesting to people was not just his talent, but his unique charisma. MJ was soft-spoken and had a certain tenderness about him that made him very endearing to people. You cannot easily emulate that. There were several lines in the movie that I could imagine Michael himself saying, but in such a way that it would come across differently, whereas Navi's portrayal came across as whiny, rude or bossy. If I was not really familiar with Michael and watched this movie, I would seriously wonder why these bodyguards were so drawn to him. Based on the movie, I'd think it was just because they used to be fans of his music and felt sorry that the guy was not doing so well now. But we know, from watching MJ ourselves and seeing the effect he had on so many people that met him, that there was more that made him have such a magnetizing effect on people.

So, a pretty decent attempt at covering an interesting, hidden (from the public) part of Michael's life, that I think will help humanize him to some people. But really, I think documentaries are the way to go.

In 2006, Michael met with fashion icon, Roberto Cavalli, to give him a new look. "'Roberto, I need you to give me a new look. I'm tired of the moccasins, I'm tired of the white socks,'".

mic.jpg

Michael says he got carried away, tossing his Cavalli jacket, that was custom made for Michael at this event, the World Music Awards, where Michael accepted two award's that night. Cavalli was so mad, he did not want to make Michael another jacket. It's at 14:23 in the video.

Cavalli did go on to make Michael another jacket, as we see here in March of 2007, Michael's trip to Japan, for more than a week. Michael landed in Japan on March 4, 2007. Which was shortly after the alleged incident that the bodyguards claim about Michael and his brother, Randy, on Feb. 28, 2007!

ent%20-%20van%20alexander.jpg

Jamie Foster Brown, Founder and Owner, Sister-2-Sister Magazine, traveled with Michael on his Japan trip. Pictured also, were Raymone K. Bain, MJ Spokesperson/General Manager; Adean Wells King, Consultant, The Michael Jackson Company; and, Van Alexander, Consultant, The Michael Jackson Company.

Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother and 3 children accompanied Michael. These two event's were very successful for Michael, his popularity has never waned before.

Did Cavalli design that horrendous suit (above) that Michael wore in Japan. Hands down, the ugliest (and maybe the only ugly) thing he ever wore.

That lion suit would look hideous in any other person but Michael had such a strong presence and charisma as an adult that most of that he wore made it look fabulous. What he wore in his adolescence in the 70s was tackier, IMO.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

michael+jackson+japan+jap%C3%A3o+%281%29.jpg

Just a heads up for y'all, Reelz is at it again....
[video=youtube_share;6mx5eywTC2k]http://youtu.be/6mx5eywTC2k[/video]
Here's Reelz' description of the biopic/documentary.
"Michael Jackson was lit up with talent. He captivated the world with his music and performance, and is one of the top selling artists ever. ‘Thriller’ still tops the charts as the world’s best-selling album to date. Offstage though, Michael’s life was an enigma. The allegations of child abuse, the plastic surgery and his strange childlike personality gave rise to the press image of Michael as ‘***** *****’. And yet, Michael was not ‘*****’, he was damaged by his showbiz upbringing – emotionally, he remained a child. In a timely re-assessment of his life, this feature-length, partly dramatized biopic examines how Michael went from cute child star to the pop mega-artist who never grew up. With interviews from those who knew him well, the film examines Michael’s astonishing talent and career as he battled his family and tried to shake off his brutal childhood."

It premieres next Sunday (June 25th :().

Isn't the Reelz show the one with E Valentino that they just showed in the UK? I remember that synopsis and bristling at the "emotionally stayed a child" bit.

Reelz has SO many Michael Jackson shows it's hard to keep track.

That lion suit would look hideous in any other person but Michael had such a strong presence and charisma as an adult that most of that he wore made it look fabulous. What he wore in his adolescence in the 70s was tackier, IMO.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

michael+jackson+japan+jap%C3%A3o+%281%29.jpg

I didnt like it either to me it looked like mj was wearing pjs

Isn't the Reelz show the one with E Valentino that they just showed in the UK? I remember that synopsis and bristling at the "emotionally stayed a child" bit.

Reelz has SO many Michael Jackson shows it's hard to keep track.

Yes, its the same one.

I caught the e valentino thing on youtube. Of course it was super corny etc but some of the interviews I found interesting.. people that worked with Michael in the studio etc. I just took what I liked from it and ignored the rest. Sometimes you can find some decent stuff dumpster diving! ;) but it's not for everyone.

I'm not sure if that that Valentino version to be pleasing for me I don't know.

Anyways. I found out that "Searching For Neverland" is playing again on LifeTime Canada in the morning. My mom is recording it upstairs while I'm recording it downstair in my brother's pad, but I'll be heading home shortly after that and be ready for the "Michael Jackson Marathon" which I'll start at noon. And the film will be played again the next few days. My family got LifeTime Canada as a free preview by Bell until the end of the month.

I finally saw the movie last week while vacationing with my friend. I enjoyed it, although I was puzzled as to why they said he never saw Elizabeth again even though we know he did. Probably had to spice it up a little for drama's sake.

Navi did good. His accent was pretty noticeable at times but you can tell he was really trying to portray Michael in a respectful manner. The casting was outstanding; really liked the actor who played Bill. And that scene with Michael and his "lady friend" in the car was just :wub:.

People that pick on this movie is overlooking all the positivity that came from this movie.. it addressed many negative rumors on Michaels life which I don't think is being appreciated.. From his humanity, to showing a 'black side' to him, him being a good father, showing the normalcy/explaining the masks the children wore, and showing him with a woman.. These are things that show normalcy to him that are not often showcased if at all... These are the things people should be appreciating.

People that pick on this movie is overlooking all the positivity that came from this movie.. it addressed many negative rumors on Michaels life which I don't think is being appreciated.. From his humanity, to showing a 'black side' to him, him being a good father, showing the normalcy/explaining the masks the children wore, and showing him with a woman.. These are things that show normalcy to him that are not often showcased if at all... These are the things people should be appreciating.

Yeah, just seen it & agree. Taking it as face value, it's heartbreaking though. My stomach lurched when they showed the footage of Jermaine on June 25th.

"Maybe Neverland is just a normal life" - that line hit me.

Back