Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie Coming from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Yes, other races play other than they are very often.. Hispanics playing arabs when they are terrorists and whites playing arabs when they are 'Gods'. Dwayne Johnson playing whatever race he wants because he's The freakin' Rock lol!

I think with Michael there is more sensitivity because 1. his skin did change and there has been a big fight about the attack on 'not wanting to be black' stripping him from his race etc. and 2. People may not think of him as a black artist because he got so big and was more a figure than a human to many but it's important to NEVER forget that he was a BLACK artist. it stands for a lot..

It's different when a big part of someone's life was surrounding race..

I hope it ends up good.. we'll see

Yes, other races play other than they are very often.. Hispanics playing arabs when they are terrorists and whites playing arabs when they are 'Gods'. Dwayne Johnson playing whatever race he wants because he's The freakin' Rock lol!

I think with Michael there is more sensitivity because 1. his skin did change and there has been a big fight about the attack on 'not wanting to be black' stripping him from his race etc. and 2. People may not think of him as a black artist because he got so big and was more a figure than a human to many but it's important to NEVER forget that he was a BLACK artist. it stands for a lot..

It's different when a big part of someone's life was surrounding race..

Your post say it all. This is what Michael had to deal with. Like he mention in the OW interview why would i want a white kid to play me i am black i am proud to be black.

Last edited:

LaurenBraddockHavey ?@LaurenBraddock_ Jan 29th

Congrats to my "nephew" Aidan Smith getting cast as Prince Jackson, Michael Jackson's so,n in the Lifetime story of MJ's life!

Literally almost everywhere I've read about Lifetime biopics just about everyone agrees and says that they're cringeworthy at best (people that think they're good are heavily in the minority).
I'm sure this will be no different.:mello:
I won't be watching, and I'm not looking forward to its release.:no:

Shoot they should have let BET do it. BET did an amazing job with the New Edition story.

Shoot they should have let BET do it. BET did an amazing job with the New Edition story.
Got to watch that a bit yesterday-it ran all day on BET. I only watched it with half an eye, because I wasn't that interested in New Edition-I was an adult when they were a kids group-BUT I noticed the production values were top notch. Reminded me of 'An American Dream.'

Suzanne needs to break the contract with Lifetime and go over to BET-stat.

Got to watch that a bit yesterday-it ran all day on BET. I only watched it with half an eye, because I wasn't that interested in New Edition-I was an adult when they were a kids group-BUT I noticed the production values were top notch. Reminded me of 'An American Dream.'

Suzanne needs to break the contract with Lifetime and go over to BET-stat.
. It was top notch. BET did a great job. It was worth watching from begining to end. At least IMO it was. All the actors involved did a wonderful job. Kudos to them all. Story very well told.

I have Dish Network.... agh! I really wanted to see the New Edition movie... They stopped having BET

Lol. @respect, that was my favorite Jackson reference. It was to funny, poor randy.

I found a way to watch the first episode of New Edition.. But yeah Dish in some areas I guess do not carry BET anymore there was some beef for a while as to costs for the channel and Dish not wanting to pay. Episode 1 was good, they could have edited out a lil' here and there but they definitely put work on the project.

I found a way to watch the first episode of New Edition.. But yeah Dish in some areas I guess do not carry BET anymore there was some beef for a while as to costs for the channel and Dish not wanting to pay. Episode 1 was good, they could have edited out a lil' here and there but they definitely put work on the project.
. You're going to love the rest of the parts. It really is a good story. I'm crushing on mike, or should I say the actor who plays mike?lol. Either way I'm crushing.lol. I'm not talking about when they were 12 in the story though. Just to make that clear.

^ Thank you need to start watching Empire, he plays Hakeem Lyon! There is a couple seasons out, I believe we are mid 3rd season right now..

^ Thank you need to start watching Empire, he plays Hakeem Lyon! There is a couple seasons out, I believe we are mid 3rd season right now..
. Right and Empire returns in March I believe.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/michael...ast-sam-adegoke-jackson-bodyguard-1201897722/

‘Michael Jackson: Searching For Neverland’: Sam Adegoke Cast As Lead Of Lifetime Biopic

Lifetime has cast the remaining lead role in its upcoming biopic Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland. Sam Adegoke (Switched At Birth) will play Jackson bodyguard Javon Beard, joining previously announced Chad L. Coleman as Jackson’s other bodyguard Bill Whitfield and Jackson tribute artist Navi in his acting debut as the King of Pop. Shooting begins Monday in Los Angeles.

The biopic is based on the best-selling book, Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days, and told the eyes through the eyes of Jackson’s trusted bodyguards, Whitfield and Beard. The movie will reveal firsthand the devotion Michael had to his children, and the hidden drama that took place during the last two years of his life.

Suzanne de Passe (The Jacksons: An American Dream), Madison Jones and Robert Teitel (Barbershop franchise, Notorious) are executive producing. Searching for Neverland is produced by Silver Screen (The Craigslist Killer) and Dianne Houston (Take the Lead, Surviving Compton) is directing from a script written by Elizabeth Hunter (Beauty Shop).

The two-hour original Lifetime movie is slated for premiere later this year.

Adegoke also recurred on Murder in the First and recently had guest spots on Code Black and NCIS: Los Angeles. He’s repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Untitled Entertainment.

"later this year"... it's nice to put a semi time on it at least

Paris78;4182742 said:
http://deadline.com/2017/01/michael...ast-sam-adegoke-jackson-bodyguard-1201897722/

‘Michael Jackson: Searching For Neverland’: Sam Adegoke Cast As Lead Of Lifetime Biopic

Lifetime has cast the remaining lead role in its upcoming biopic Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland. Sam Adegoke (Switched At Birth) will play Jackson bodyguard Javon Beard, joining previously announced Chad L. Coleman as Jackson’s other bodyguard Bill Whitfield and Jackson tribute artist Navi in his acting debut as the King of Pop. Shooting begins Monday in Los Angeles.

The biopic is based on the best-selling book, Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days, and told the eyes through the eyes of Jackson’s trusted bodyguards, Whitfield and Beard. The movie will reveal firsthand the devotion Michael had to his children, and the hidden drama that took place during the last two years of his life.

Suzanne de Passe (The Jacksons: An American Dream), Madison Jones and Robert Teitel (Barbershop franchise, Notorious) are executive producing. Searching for Neverland is produced by Silver Screen (The Craigslist Killer) and Dianne Houston (Take the Lead, Surviving Compton) is directing from a script written by Elizabeth Hunter (Beauty Shop).

The two-hour original Lifetime movie is slated for premiere later this year.

Adegoke also recurred on Murder in the First and recently had guest spots on Code Black and NCIS: Los Angeles. He’s repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Untitled Entertainment.
I hope I'm very, very wrong but I still worry about Navi and the fact that he is NOT an actor. And also worried that they'll cover him in the wierd makeup that Flex used.
I'm not totally against the movie if it's well written and directed and serves as a sort of "bookend" to "American Dream", but I think they just need to cast a real actor that captures the essence of Michael and doesn't try to look like him the way so many tribute artists do.

^ Flex and that whole movie was a joke... I highly would doubt that navi (an impersonator) would look less like Michael in the movie than he does on stage.. He honestly would not have been my first choice, but I guess it's not up to me.. lol! I will say in the terms of bringing Michael to life, there is a better shot that an impersonator can bring a littttttle realism to it over a real actor that did not spend much of there life studying Michael.

I personally do not think MJ needs any biopics. With NE it was interesting because it's a story that wasn't told as many times but I feel like the Jacksons-MJ story is well known to the world. He isn't someone who fell off or anything - his whole life played out in public. Also his story is so complicated that I feel it takes a genius production to portray it well and I don't think Lifetime has those genius qualities.

This hits the nail on the head as to why I'm not interested in an MJ biopic, I reckon. Good points.

New Edition didn't fall off as much as they were phased out and replaced by their own manager Maurice Starr by the New Kids On The Block

They're gonna need an excellent group of writers and actors to make this work...and not just for Michael. Whoever plays Prince, Paris, and Prince II will have to truly nail it...and if they're willing, I think all of Michael's kids would make good consultants. After all, they knew him better than almost anyone.

Michaels kids being part or giving blessing would always be the 'for sure OK' for me on a project representing who he was at home..

It would be welcomed to tell the true story for once

I cannot wait to see it! I hope it comes on where I live. I'll keep in touch with this because I would like to know when and what time and what channel. :)

Bill Whitfield ?@MJBODYGUARDS 15. Jan.

Actors are playing a part, they can never replace. Judge the content and the way they portray someone. Dignity will remain a priority!

Bill Whitfield ?@MJBODYGUARDS 15. Jan.

We don't expect all fans to agree with the film project. Please know the film is to honor Mr.Jackson from a first hand account.

I'm not gonna watch it.....it sounds exploitative to me. At least with The New Edition Story all the members of the group had input.

Says the man who disrespected his industry and wrote a tell all when he was a hired hand for all of two minutes. you aint no wayne nagin

Ill be watching this film, all we know is 'later this year" right?

Back