First Look: Life with La Toya - Oprah Winfrey Network

OMG LaToya..you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now..!! Celeb Apprentice.no problem, you looked pretty good on that..but this..gee havent you figured out Reality shows are bad?? They make you look silly and dumb..and it's contrived..and scripted..ahhh what a mistake!
All I can think of is the interview Michael gave at Hayvenhurst (after Thriller) and LaToya was in part of it..and Michael said in a funny kinda "groucho" accent
"I've got an idiot for a sister Folks" ! and he was right..this show is gonna bomb..Sorry!

OMG LaToya.
"I've got an idiot for a sister Folks" ! and he was right..this show is gonna bomb..Sorry!

I also remember when she said she wanted to be like him & talked about all the things he had done, & he reminded her that he had just started. That interview really showed that she wanted the fame, & I guess she is still trying.

I am watching celebrity apprentice and they call Latoya an entertainment icon in the intros. Oh what?

All I can think of is the interview Michael gave at Hayvenhurst (after Thriller) and LaToya was in part of it..and Michael said in a funny kinda "groucho" accent

I love when he also says to her: "Your voice is very irritating"...

I totally agree with him lol

LoL I had no idea of this until my MJJC wifey Wendijane :wub: sent me an e-mail letting me know about this. To be honest this doesn't surprise me though. I think the Jacksons get together once in a while and converse on whose going to be the next person to do something crazy and what it is that they are going to do. Like when Jermaine changed his last name.

La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson 10h

Had a WONDERFUL time at the upfronts 4 @OWNTV @Oprah what you're doing with the network is TRULY AMAZING!!! U WILL CONQUER THE WORLD AGAIN!!
Öffnen

^ you guys are fun :lol: Im glad we know its scripted so dont worry about the baby now

Bubs;3801385 said:
http://tbivision.com/news/2013/04/discovery-2013-upfront-report/60061/
"Michael Jackson’s sister La Toya was also on hand to present her new OWN reality series Life with La Toya, which follows her attempts to get a man and adopt a baby.

:bugeyed:

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
:wtf2

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:blink:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Annita;3801464 said:
La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson 10h

Had a WONDERFUL time at the upfronts 4 @OWNTV @Oprah what you're doing with the network is TRULY AMAZING!!! U WILL CONQUER THE WORLD AGAIN!!
Öffnen
:rollin:#1 @$$ Kisser!

which follows her attempts to get a man and adopt a baby.
:ph34r: GOD NO!

^Maybe in Oprah's head she is still conquering the world. Has this silly show started yet. I forgot when it was supposed to begin. I hope LaToya does well because she has already been kicked off that other show, right? YOu know what happens when the money starts to get smaller.

^Maybe in Oprah's head she is still conquering the world. Has this silly show started yet. I forgot when it was supposed to begin. I hope LaToya does well because she has already been kicked off that other show, right? YOu know what happens when the money starts to get smaller.

Oh yes we do. Another dodgy promotion with some dodgy name nobody ever heard of is on its way. of course with the kids doing all the dirty work, while latoya is collecting checks all the way to the bank.

Funny^^

I have to say that I love the way she is always groomed. I admire that aspect of her where she takes care of herself. At least I found something positive to say. I agree that the room looked horrible with that cheap looking furniture. Michael said that LaToya room had a lot of white and you couldn't sit on the sofa--he was right because here we see LaToya using the white covers.

By the way, how many versions of this "Paris" story do we have? First the name involved a conversation between Kathy & Michael. Now LaToya said she was involved in it. First she said she named the dog after her niece, & now she says she did so because of the decision she & Kathy made. LaToya is being true to form here--you can't believe a word she says.

Oh Oh I didn't know she had this psychological problem with cleaning. After this show, everyone will know all her mental issues!!!!

If Oprah is depending on this show to help her decaying network, I am sorry for her. This preview is weak & Latoya's voice is not engaging. Hopefully if she focuses on her psychological quirks they can push the show as a study in mental disorder. That should interest people to watch.

I see the guy who stole Michael's videos from his home, while Michael was in the morgue is there. Hopefully someone will ask him about that in the near future.

Last edited:
Hopefully if she focuses on her psychological quirks they can push the show as a study in mental disorder. That should interest people to watch.

I see the guy who stole Michael's videos from his home, while Michael was in the morgue is there. Hopefully someone will ask him about that in the near future.

:D for the bolded part.

I couldn't watch the video as it wasn't made available in my country.
I saw LaToya's interview with Hello magazine about a year ago, and there were picture of her home. Did they show statues etc from her home in this clip? I think the ones I saw in Hello magazine, were taken from Michael's home.

So Jeffry was around LaToya while they were filming her. I wonder if he is next Jack Gordon in her life?

Here's an early review from a Tampa Bay critic. The article was about the best and worst of some upcoming shows.

THE WORST

Life with LaToya, debuts at 10:30 p.m. Saturday, OWN.

This is the sad result of a celebrity freak cashing in the last card she has left to play: reality TV.

If that sounds harsh, I apologize. But an hour of watching LaToya Jackson refuse to take responsibility for the insane choices in her life, starring in a so-called "reality" series which tells you so little about her supremely damaged family, will do that to you.

The show follows Jackson as she moves into a hotel, festooning it with jewel-encrusted knick knacks and demanding her assistant wipe down every surface she might touch. ("I'm not a gemaphobe," LaToya chirps, displaying that grasp on reality for which the Jackson family is known.)

She starts the show blaming a controlling father and mob-connected ex-husband for most of her awful career and life decisions, hanging out with celebrity mom Kathy Hilton (Paris' mom) and a "business partner"/professional friend who pronounces his name Jeffrey but spells it Jeffre'.

Yeah. It's that kind of party.

She only briefly refers to the scandal when some family members spirited off mother Katherine Jackson, who now controls her dead superstar brother's estate, leading to suspicion she had been kidnapped. But we also learn Michael, Kathy Hilton and LaToya promised as childhood buddies to each name their first children Paris. One mystery explained.

I was just glad she hasn't yet hornswoggled her brother's surviving children to come on camera, too.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/me...-debut-soars-life-with-latoya-crashes/2113635

He doesn't apparently know that MJ's kids are suppose to appear on an episode.

She's really nutty.

She must be dissapointed; her arrival to the hotel in a Rolls didn't match the decor of the hotel room. something else, she says she named her dog paris but she calls him/her prince, did she have another dog?

That story about Paris having her name because of Kathy Hilton's daughter is absolutely ridiculous. If I'm not mistaken, Michael himself told he chose that name because her parents conceived her in Paris precisely.

Katherine doesn't control Michael's estate.

Thanks I was going to comment on the same thing. God help those who rely on the media for their knowledge. They will be screwed. Don't these people check anything. Obviously this reporter did not check to see how many different stories Latoya gave for the "Paris" naming too. Also, it seems he wanted her to tell more about her damaged family, but why should she if this stupid show is about her? I think she should leave her family dramas out of this, even though it would make more jokes for me. The show seems already messy as it is.

Anyone knows why she moved to a hotel for the reality show? Why didn't she use her sexy home? Maybe she wanted to keep her privacy. She left her expensive home and moved into a cheesy hotel with tacky furniture. Why?

I was just glad she hasn't yet hornswoggled her brother's surviving children to come on camera, too.

How sad and embarrassing that they do indeed make an appearance on this crap.

But thankfully this reality show is going to tank super hard. This show is the definition of throwaway tv programming.

Back