Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
It's not just fans asking ...Randy is doing a darn job pushing the issue, to gain fans' trust & admiration.

Actually, many fans have tweeted to Tito & Jackie asking him to stop Randy from opening Forest Lawn.

It's sad when strangers care more for a man's privacy than his own sibling.

"randyjackson8: We met with Forest Lawn - its true they agreed to let the fans go up 2 Holly Terrace on the 25th & I'm working on something even better..."

"randyjackson8: I can't promise but there's a possibility that fans will b able 2 go inside. I have 2 discuss this w/my family as well, I'm fighting for u."

Wtf to be honest! :doh: Last year, after Michael's death it seemed to be all about Jermaine and his desire to be in the spotlight whenever and wherever Michael's name was mentioned. Now it looks like he has stepped down, at least for now and Randy wants/is taking the place. To me it's kinda obvious he is just craving for fans admiration... Well nothing wrong with that I guess, but the way he's trying to get it is just wrong, wrong and wrong! :no:

I don't see the need for the mausoleum to be opened either, let his family have something private and I'm firmly against any move for him. He's not a travelling circus and should be left to rest where he is. Its his body there, his spirit is everywhere you look around.

MJ priorities are his kids not fans with all the respect being one,so if I know that his kids/mother want to spend alone time with him whenever the hell they want without anyone around I respect that.
MJ is not merch or a touristic attraction or a public property and its not up to random ppl to decide where the body of a dead man should REST IN PEACE....
I celebrate his life with his music and art not trolling around his grave while his kids might be there.Can you imagine having an impersonator outside while his kids are there to pay their father respect?fuck that....some MJ fans are just ridiculous..

He is fine where he is. This is not about the fans. None of us have any say what so ever in this and to be frank it is galling that some of you act this way

Personally I don't see the need to go inside and see his actual resting place. Is it that much to ask that Michael and his kids and family have something private for a change. Not sure what difference it makes to actually go inside and see it. Let him rest in peace, just because it's Michael Jackson doesn't mean mayhem must follow him until the end of time.
He's not a tourist attraction, it's about time some people realised that.

I'm totally agree with you - Michael has been so disturbed in his life, he really deserves rest and peace where he is - Why absolutely to go on his grave as if it was the ultimate respect, just think and pray for him to pay our respect - a cemetery is not a place for fun - Seeing all this, I'm really, really happy with Katherine's choice - Forest Lawn is, and must stay, a place of peace and prays, and FL staff do not have to change the rules to satisfy fans instead of the family, it's a shame.

don't see the need for the mausoleum to be opened either, let his family have something private
tell randy that. it seems to me randys .b.S has led to fans accusing other fans of wanting to get in there and the nthe arguments start. when all of this has come about from him and his games and nothing more.

tell randy that. it seems to me randys .b.S has led to fans accusing other fans of wanting to get in there and the nthe arguments start. when all of this has come about from him and his games and nothing more.

Steven should be ashamed of himself on the anniversary of his brothers death, he's pulling these stunts as he ain't got nothing better to do but do this tweet on twitter and sit around tryin to figure out how much money's being made .. money that he ain't entitled to. glad there is a proper judiciary system in the US that makes it impossible for the likes of steven and joseph to get their hands on anything. dont even wanna imagine what would have happened by now if this had happened in one of the third world countries..
I know that the big head of his is going to explode thinking of all this and I hope it does,

how many people are working on dividing the fans?
Randy need areal job that's all i can say for now.

how many people are working on dividing the fans?
Randy need areal job that's all i can say for now.

He doesn't know how to work.

The only thing he knows, it's sell privates pictures and videos of his nephews, the bankable Prince Paris and Blanket.

Statement from the cops

Fans of pop singer Michael Jackson are expected to receive limited access to Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale later this month on the first anniversary of his death, authorities said Tuesday.

Under the arrangement expected to be finalized this week, fans of the King of Pop will be allowed to pay their respects on the cemetery grounds but not at the Great Mausoleum, where Jackson's body was interred in September, said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.

"We understand that Forest Lawn is working with the Jackson family for some kind of commemoration," Lorenz said. "We will be working closely with Forest Lawn to ensure the safety of those who want to pay their respects to Michael Jackson while ensuring the safety of others who are coming to the cemetery to pay respects to their loved ones."

Lorenz said fans will not be allowed to enter the Great Mausoleum, although discussions are continuing about how close fans will be able to get to the structure.

"Basically, they will be viewing it from a distance," Lorenz said.

The city has no plans for now to issue special permits for the event, which means streets would not be closed and street vendors would not be allowed to sell memorabilia.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...metary-on-first-anniversary-of-his-death.html

The city has no plans for now to issue special permits for the event, which means streets would not be closed and street vendors would not be allowed to sell memorabilia

Finally some official information... for this is official, isn't it?
I am sorry for people who will be traveling from so far away.
But yes, MJ's privacy is first place. No question.

It says all the details will be finalized this week. We'll see if anything changes.

I am glad there seems to be a soultion w/this.

I am hoping to find a group to add flowers for Michael on that day. I want to add flowers & my name.

i do understand that this is a quiet place of rest for people who have passed but i still think this is so unfair to all us fans. Michael loved us too just as much as we loved him. Its painful to think we may never get a chance to pay our respects at hes graveside
Are we not family aswell?
I know fans going inside holly terrace is not an option as it would cause huge disruption as alot of fans would be really upset and become histerical (only to be expected) but something has to be done.
I just feel for a man we all loved so much who was taken suddenly from us aswell as the jackson family we cant do this is heartbreaking, michael loved all of us, cant help thinking where he is now seems like such a lonely place

Its painful to think we may never get a chance to pay our respects at hes graveside
Are we not family aswell?

Ahh, my friend, for the better or the worst, no, we are not his family. We love him very, very much, but there are certain limits we must accept too. The same way Michael had no problems with fans standing outside his house, he didn't want people at his garden or inside his very own house. He gave us as much as he could, all out of love, and he always asked from us to try to understand and accept the limits he would set. Unfortunately, over the years, that turned into a difficult thing to do accept too (and no, I am not talking about the followers here. Real followers DID know about the limits and they DID respect them).

I would be more than grateful if I ever have the chance to be near the mausoleum. That was my place as a fan, I think. Near, but never inside his own world. And now... to be honest, we just couldn't be more any further :(

I hear what you say :hug:

Here's another update, this time from Glandale News-Press

Cemetery prepares for Jackson visitors

By Jason Wells
June 9, 2010

Fans wishing to mark the first anniversary of Michael Jackson's death will be able to do so at his final resting place in Glendale, cemetery officials said.

A spokesman for Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Tuesday said the plan, expected to be released this week, would set guidelines and restrictions for fans hoping to pay homage to the pop icon.

Access to the Great Mausoleum, where Jackson is interred, would remain prohibited.

The plan was being drafted in conjunction with the Jackson family and an independent fan-based entity, said William Martin, the cemetery's communications director.
[Which independent fan-based entity?? :scratch:]

While nothing has been finalized, Martin said the rules would minimize fans' impact on others visiting loved ones buried at the cemetery.

No special-event permits had been pulled with the city, meaning there were no plans to provide traffic control, said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.

When Jackson was interred at the cemetery Sept. 3, no fans were allowed inside, but permits were pulled to set up staging areas for a media horde.

The cemetery has been able to contain major events before on the massive property that has an expansive network of roadways, Lorenz said. If no permits are pulled, police would monitor the traffic situation and respond to security calls as needed, he added.

"It's too early for us to assume anything until we see what their plans are," Lorenz said.

Any street vendors trying to capitalize on the event would be arrested and have their merchandise seized, he said.
[my comment about this --> :clapping:]

[... ]

Source: http://www.glendalenewspress.com/news/gnp-jackson060910,0,3179932.story

Ahh, my friend, for the better or the worst, no, we are not his family. We love him very, very much, but there are certain limits we must accept too. The same way Michael had no problems with fans standing outside his house, he didn't want people at his garden or inside his very own house. He gave us as much as he could, all out of love, and he always asked from us to try to understand and accept the limits he would set. Unfortunately, over the years, that turned into a difficult thing to do accept too (and no, I am not talking about the followers here. Real followers DID know about the limits and they DID respect them).

I would be more than grateful if I ever have the chance to be near the mausoleum. That was my place as a fan, I think. Near, but never inside his own world. And now... to be honest, we just couldn't be more any further :(

I hear what you say :hug:

:clapping:I can't be more agree - Nothing else to say, here how all fans should think :wub: and :angel:

Lorenz said fans will not be allowed to enter the Great Mausoleum, although discussions are continuing about how close fans will be able to get to the structure.

In my opinion, this was ALWAYS going to be the plan.

And I feel it was wrong of Randy to play with folks emotions at a time like this. He KNEW Forest Lawn would never allow a bunch of fans to just walk through the INSIDE of Holly Terrace, knowing full well that there are other people resting in Holly Terrace and their families would also have to be considered.

I just hope that the plan is laid up CLEARLY, in advance, so that no fan goes there thinking that they will be up close and personal with Michael's final resting place. Shame on Randy for leading some folks to think there may have been a possibility!

well said. btw something thats been bugging me. i asjed b4 but cant see if anyone answered it. is holly holy? is the us spelling different to the uk one?

well said. btw something thats been bugging me. i asjed b4 but cant see if anyone answered it. is holly holy? is the us spelling different to the uk one?

Holy...as in Holy Mary...is spelled with 1 "L" in America.

But like Stacy J...the name of the mausoleum is Holly Terrace.

"Holly" = a tree

41.jpg

randy randy :doh:
thank u ivy and pcr for update but i guess we knew this all along .
i hope his kids will get their time to pay respect without any drama ,they have been through enough already.

thanks guys. for some reason i thought it was holy terrace as in being relgious even though it was spelt with 2 L's cause holly terrace as in the plant doesnt really seem right for such a place.

so its called holly terrace as in the bush. thanks

:clapping:I can't be more agree - Nothing else to say, here how all fans should think :wub: and :angel:

i disagree with you here
All fans are different in their own right and it doesnt make anyone any less of a fan if they THINK differently
I'll admit id much prefer to pay my respects inside Holly Terrace than outside, to personally place a flower instead have a security guard do it for me and im sure if any other fan had that opportunity they wouldnt say no

i disagree with you here
All fans are different in their own right and it doesnt make anyone any less of a fan if they THINK differently
I'll admit id much prefer to pay my respects inside Holly Terrace than outside, to personally place a flower instead have a security guard do it for me and im sure if any other fan had that opportunity they wouldnt say no

Of course everyone of us thinks differently, but where I was mainly agree with the fact that we are not the family and we don't have the same right than the family to go on FL just because MJ loved his fans. I always said that I don't need to go on MJ grave but I understand those who wants to go there, but I also think that it must be limits to what everyone wants. It's just a question of state of mind.:rollingpeace:

randy randy :doh:
thank u ivy and pcr for update but i guess we knew this all along .
i hope his kids will get their time to pay respect without any drama ,they have been through enough already.

I remember his first twitt about it was about allowing fans getting into Forest Lawn, NEVER into the mausoleum, so I maybe it all also started with some of us assuming things that were never said. I remember this because my very first question was "WHAT?????" :bugeyed for I thought he had said the mausoleum, but you just had to read his first twitt to know it was just about Forest Lawn.

but I don't follow all his twitts... did he ever actually say "let fans inside Holly Terrace"? :unsure:

But yes, the best thing might have been not twitting about this, especially not giving info about the plans of the family for that day. What's the idea on doing so? :doh:

Of course everyone of us thinks differently, but where I was mainly agree with the fact that we are not the family and we don't have the same right than the family to go on FL just because MJ loved his fans. I always said that I don't need to go on MJ grave but I understand those who wants to go there, but I also think that it must be limits to what everyone wants. It's just a question of state of mind.:rollingpeace:

I know we dont have the same right as the actual family themselves just to visit inside whenever we want, but i do think we should be allowed in at some stage, if it was keep under control by security,why not?

Back