Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: New Interview with 25 Year MJ Colleague/Friend Frank Cascio

I dont get the simpleton things either....maybe he meant girls that are simple...easy to please...and not to fancy/glamorous?

I have asked Frank via twitter. I'm sure it's probably just lost in translation, he probably means a girl who likes the simple things in life.

@moodyblue97 I would have been so surprised if she had of been. Obviously I don't know the details but I hope she is doing ok.

I have asked Frank via twitter. I'm sure it's probably just lost in translation, he probably means a girl who likes the simple things in life.

@moodyblue97 I would have been so surprised if she had of been. Obviously I don't know the details but I hope she is doing ok.

I'm a bit confused here, are you guys talking about someone in particular? It seems like I missed something..

Well Frank was talking about the kind of girls Michael liked, and also in the interview talked about a girlfriend Michael had, I'm guessing still was dating when he passed, and @moodyblue97 must have known her.

I wonder why Frank didn´t tell his story before,that Michael wasn´t alone with Arvizos and actually had an alibi?
Michael was vindicated at the trial but many still had doubts that it was true.
I guess it was hard to find media for a good story about Michael but I think there were fans too who weren´t convinced about Michael´s innocence and he could for example have written about it on fanforums and fans could have spread the words.

respect77;3573348 said:
Yes, I find that strange too. I think Michael valued intelligence a lot, so I doubt he wanted a dumb girl. So I hope Frank used it in another meaning.

This is how he wrote it:

“It was downplayed. And I’ll tell you, Michael was private about that part of his life. Michael was attracted to women. He had a very particular type and it’s funny because people wouldn’t think it, but it’s a simpleton. He was dating this girl who he really cared about and you know and she cared about him and it was great to see, but it was also kept very private because Michael did not want to, you know, expose this girl and have the media from the outside ruin a relationship that he really was enjoying and you know, he likes slender, tall, simpletons, sweet, humble, soft-spoken girls. And I’m really happy that Michael actually found that in his life later on.”

jrsfan;3573575 said:
This is how he wrote it:

“It was downplayed. And I’ll tell you, Michael was private about that part of his life. Michael was attracted to women. He had a very particular type and it’s funny because people wouldn’t think it, but it’s a simpleton. He was dating this girl who he really cared about and you know and she cared about him and it was great to see, but it was also kept very private because Michael did not want to, you know, expose this girl and have the media from the outside ruin a relationship that he really was enjoying and you know, he likes slender, tall, simpletons, sweet, humble, soft-spoken girls. And I’m really happy that Michael actually found that in his life later on.”

I know that. But "simpleton" means "dumb" as far as I know.

@jrsfan I see you are from the USA, what does the phrase simpleton mean to you?

^I'm also from the U.S. and yes simpleton does mean dumb. But I don't think that's what Frank meant; he probably used the wrong word.

She is no airhead, trust me on that.
Well God bless her for staying private and not doing the talk show circuit or something. Can you imagine if she came forward? They would desend on her like vultures.
Thanks moodyblue97

Well God bless her for staying private and not doing the talk show circuit or something. Can you imagine if she came forward? They would desend on her like vultures.
Thanks moodyblue97

Very, very true.

So it means the same on both sides of the Atlantic, I am sure that Frank meant the kind of girl that liked the simple things in life.

MIST;3573569 said:
I wonder why Frank didn´t tell his story before,that Michael wasn´t alone with Arvizos and actually had an alibi?
Michael was vindicated at the trial but many still had doubts that it was true.
I guess it was hard to find media for a good story about Michael but I think there were fans too who weren´t convinced about Michael´s innocence and he could for example have written about it on fanforums and fans could have spread the words.

he did tell it before. Watch around 3:40

[video=youtube_share;yPwPNGKX-B8]http://youtu.be/yPwPNGKX-B8[/video]

And where was this gf while Michael was getting Propofol every night for weeks? Not buying it.

And where was this gf while Michael was getting Propofol every night for weeks? Not buying it.

In fairness this is not the first time a girlfriend has been mentioned. We don't know and will probably never know the details but it could be a simple answer ie she may not be from the USA

personally I dont buy the girlfriend thing, I know Michael hooked up with someone in 08(no relationship just hook up-according to rumors), but yeah not buying this private queen thing.

Last edited:

In fairness this is not the first time a girlfriend has been mentioned. We don't know and will probably never know the details but it could be a simple answer ie she may not be from the USA

Oh, I know it has but just because it's been mentioned doesn't mean it's true by any means. Whether she is not from the United States is irrevelant, the question would be would a girlfriend or significant other, truly not know what is going on with their partner? If she were a "serious" girlfriend, I fail to grasp how she's not either around or hadn't spoken to him in weeks leading up to his death to not suspect something, and if you suspect, you fly your butt to your man's side.

It's all too convuluted and convienent excuses for me to believe it at this point. And if she were ever to come out, that would be my first question, where the hell were you? And considering how people were so willing to sell Michael out after his death, this would have come out by now, IMO.

Oh, I know it has but just because it's been mentioned doesn't mean it's true by any means. Whether she is not from the United States is irrevelant, the question would be would a girlfriend or significant other, truly not know what is going on with their partner? If she were a "serious" girlfriend, I fail to grasp how she's not either around or hadn't spoken to him in weeks leading up to his death to not suspect something, and if you suspect, you fly your butt to your man's side.

It's all too convuluted and convienent excuses for me to believe it at this point. And if she were ever to come out, that would be my first question, where the hell were you? And considering how people were so willing to sell Michael out after his death, this would have come out by now, IMO.

My point is that we just don't know those answers. But in theory I think a partner can hide many things and find excuses if they so wish.

It doesn't surprise me that we know nothing of this girl, but if we take it that Michael had only ever dated girls that we knew about then he didn't date many.

You are correct, we don't know the answers but you're speaking as if you do, or believe it anyhow which is your preference, and I'm not here to debate that. For ME, I'm too logical and when things don't make sense, they're likely not true, but that's just based on personal life experiences, not based on what someone said. There was a huge police investigation going on into MJ's death, the police and DA spoke with people that were close to the source within those final days; weeks and months even, and it was a homicide investigation at that, this info would have surfaced a long time ago.

And I don't take it that Michael never dated someone else, I'm sure he probably has, but that's not the issue really.

Last edited:

Well Frank was talking about the kind of girls Michael liked, and also in the interview talked about a girlfriend Michael had, I'm guessing still was dating when he passed,
I must have missed something Frank was NOT speaking of MJ having a special girlfriend in 2008- 2009. Or even stating only one girlfriend. He was stating he knew of girls and didnt give any time frame.

You are correct, we don't know the answers but you're speaking as if you do, or believe it anyhow which is your preference, and I'm not here to debate that. For ME, I'm too logical and when things don't make sense, they're likely not true, but that's just based on personal life experiences, not based on what someone said. There was a huge police investigation going on into MJ's death, the police and DA spoke with people that were close to the source within those final days; weeks and months even, and it was a homicide investigation at that, this info would have surfaced a long time ago.

And I don't take it that Michael never dated someone else, I'm sure he probably has, but that's not the issue really.

Um, I can't see how I'm speak like I know, I have simply put out possibilities, using words like 'think', 'theory' & 'may' is not stating it as fact. And also I said 'we don't know' I never said 'you don't know'. I feel you were unfair on that.

They way I see it not knowing about other girls Michael has dated is relevant to the comment about people selling him out.

Um, I can't see how I'm speak like I know, I have simply put out possibilities, using words like 'think', 'theory' & 'may' is not stating it as fact. And also I said 'we don't know' I never said 'you don't know'. I feel you were unfair on that.

They way I see it not knowing about other girls Michael has dated is relevant to the comment about people selling him out.

This:

It doesn't surprise me that we know nothing of this girl...

Comes across as if you're stating that you believe this girl is real, and my post was based upon that.

And when you say 'we don't know' that does include 'me', so I refer to myself when speaking as ME, and I never said that you said 'you (in reference to me) know know'. Where did you read that?

And when I speak of people selling MJ out, I'm referring to this particular subject of the secret gf, or whatever, when he died. If he had one, the information would have surfaced based on what I said about the homicide investigation, etc... this info would have come out any number or ways, that being the main one, and it doesn't have to be someone in particular from MJ's inner circle, it could be anybody who would have access to this information, and given how many docs were released within that year and a half of the investigation, this would have been one of them.

Last edited:

I must have missed something Frank was NOT speaking of MJ having a special girlfriend in 2008- 2009. Or even stating only one girlfriend. He was stating he knew of girls and didnt give any time frame.

And you're correct qbee, I was just commenting on the conversation that was going on which jumped to the assumption that moodyblue was referring to a current gf

@Ginger

Comes across as if you're stating that you believe this girl is real, and my post was based upon that.

My response was based on this:
You are correct, we don't know the answers but you're speaking as if you do

And I'm sorry maybe it's just late here, but I just don't understand this part, so don't know how to answer it.

And when you say 'we don't know' that does include 'me', so I refer to myself when speaking as ME, and I never said that you said 'you (in reference to me) know know'. Where did you read that?

The one thing that we both agree on is that we (you, me and others) just don't know, so maybe we should simply leave it there.

Thats true. It wasn't clear thats why I said 'I'm guessing', and the reason I was guessing that was how Frank put it that he was dating this girl.

@Ginger

My response was based on this:

And I'm sorry maybe it's just late here, but I just don't understand this part, so don't know how to answer it.

The one thing that we both agree on is that we (you, me and others) just don't know, so maybe we should simply leave it there.

It was based upon what you said:

It doesn't surprise me that we know nothing of this girl...

And you're right, we don't know, so we can agree to move on. :)

"and you know, he likes slender, tall, simpletons, sweet, humble, soft-spoken girls".

LOL simpletons. I think Frank meant someone who is not high maintenance and is down to earth which makes sense to me. Although Lisa Marie doesn't seem to fit the description above. Maybe he learned his lesson with age...

Hehe I always love to hear the Madonna/MJ stories. They make me smile. Talk about your complete personality opposites. I just knew she tried to seduce him. Glad he was probably the one guy she couldn't have.

I'm glad Frank confirmed in this audio interview that the story about 9/11 and MJ, Elizabeth Taylor and Brando leaving NYC together on 9/11 was inaccurate. It did seem like a crazy story.

I'm glad Frank confirmed in this audio interview that the story about 9/11 and MJ, Elizabeth Taylor and Brando leaving NYC together on 9/11 was inaccurate. It did seem like a crazy story.

On a different note... and I know how that is gonna be received: I'm partway through Dieter Wiesner's book (in German) and he actually commented on that story in his book as well- which interestingly makes 2 people who were shaking their heads about this story of those three driving cross-country by themselves.

On a different note... and I know how that is gonna be received: I'm partway through Dieter Wiesner's book (in German) and he actually commented on that story in his book as well- which interestingly makes 2 people who were shaking their heads about this story of those three driving cross-country by themselves.

Ha! It's a comfort to know that Brando was not demanding to stop at every fast food place during this supposed escape from Dodge hehehe.

“I also became attuned to Michael’s more difficult traits. He could be paranoid and overly sensitive, prone to extreme emotions and jumping to conclusions. To counter that, I was careful to listen. To observe everything. To think before I spoke. He didn’t like to be told what to do, so if I had an opinion, I drew him toward it, so he might think (or pretend) that he had come up with it on his own.”

o_O...okay?! That was harsh IMO. I doubt MJ was that damn difficult to talk too?! SMH O_O

Anywho, the recent interview Frank did was well done, I too think he meant MJ liked simple women? But...who knows?

Last edited:
Back