Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

Well after the controversy over 'Michael' I can understand why a publisher would be interested now and not before. And if you write a book you can 'choose' what 'questions' you want to answer ( write about what you want to) unlike an interview, where if you choose not to answer something (as a friend) viewers will assume that is because of something negative that you want to hide.

If I had been a friend of Michael's, I would have wanted to send out a positive message about him..if you have been friends for a long time, and writing a book can also do some good charitably, then that sounds like a positive outcome. However, I'm worried about the 'rumour' above re the story about Liz's borrowed jewellery, as that doesn't sound like a very positive story...but if this book is coming out anyway, all we can do is hope.

'Close friend'..........

Just like Uri Gellar is a 'close friend' of Michael's. It's all becoming apparent to me now unfortunately....

Why cant I?

On Oprah they made it out as if the family dont like talking in public about Michael, because what they had with Michael was special etc etc.

Now one of them is releasing a book revealing private stuff about Michael? How contradictory is that?

One of the reasons this Cascio track mess was so confusing is because it did appear like the family were close to Michael, when they mentioned on Oprah that they didnt like talking about Michael in public it just made it all the more confusing. But now one of them is releasing a book about MJ.....come on.

Why are you forgetting all that happened in between? I mean you are on this forum as well and have been active in the album threads.

Cascio's have been called everything under the sun - even by the Jacksons. Some fans even took it further and compared them to Arvizo's etc with no basis.

So now probably they want to protect, clean up their names. and to me that's just normal.

Plus as we the fans who said "show us proof or you are liars and shady people", how can we blame them making their relationship public when we are the ones that asked for it and questioned it?

( clarification note: If randomly they came up with a book I would question it to the full extent but in this case they have a legit reason - a provocation - that would prompt and justify such action)

Anything for money

If this family considered Michael as real friend of yours ,they would write a book and publish it for free

In my case l would do the same.

Another friend and another book...

I wonder WHO and WHEN should write the fair and true biography of Michael?

What do you think?

This...

As a fan, of course I like hearing cute stories about Michael. But, you know what. The man was a force of nature. The man was a creative powerhouse. The man was a genius. The man was way more than just a friend who hung around the house and ate candies.

We don't need another book from so-called friends for his legacy. I'm waiting for a legitimate credible biography. I'm waiting for an in-depth analysis of the man's works. I'm waiting for an anatomy of the man's creative process. I'm waiting for detailed studies of the man's messages.

When will Michael's talents and genius be fully acknowleged and appreciated? When? Will I see it in my lifetime?

However, I'm worried about the 'rumour' above re the story about Liz's borrowed jewellery, as that doesn't sound like a very positive story...but if this book is coming out anyway, all we can do is hope.

It sounds like just a misunderstanding. It's common practice that the jewelers to loan out stars jewelery for big events (such as Oscars, Golden Globe awards). It seems like Michael arranged such thing for the 30th anniversary concerts and Elizabeth thought that she was going to keep the jewelry.

AIf this family considered Michael as real friend of yours ,they would write a book and publish it for free

The story says that the (some?) proceedings will go to charity in Haiti. I think "helping people in need" is even better than "doing it for free".

Thanks for the head up QBEE...:hug:. I just wish Michael would of wrote his OWN memoirs or atleast something before he passed. I guess we shall to wait and see what happens with this.

im probably mistaken here, but are we talking about the cascios everyone hates because of the cascio tracks on "michael"? :scratch:

im probably mistaken here, but are we talking about the cascios everyone hates because of the cascio tracks on "michael"? :scratch:

That's right, those Cascios

Why are you forgetting all that happened in between? I mean you are on this forum as well and have been active in the album threads.

Cascio's have been called everything under the sun - even by the Jacksons. Some fans even took it further and compared them to Arvizo's etc with no basis.

So now probably they want to protect, clean up their names. and to me that's just normal.

Plus as we the fans who said "show us proof or you are liars and shady people", how can we blame them making their relationship public when we are the ones that asked for it and questioned it?

( clarification note: If randomly they came up with a book I would question it to the full extent but in this case they have a legit reason - a provocation - that would prompt and justify such action)

So instead of posting a press release - for free - they've signed a book deal to tell us?

Since when was friendship 'sellable'?

The Chandlers and the Arvizos considered themselves 'friends' once upon a time. So forgive me for having my reservations.

Actually, I plan to buy Frank Cascio's book; because, at least we know Michael Jackson really considered him as his friend. :yes:

That's right, those Cascios

and why do people call them "friends" then and actually want them to publish a book? :mello:
or are the cascios not responsible for the three tracks that MAYBE r not michael?
im confused :unsure:

Why cant I?
becasue their relationship with mj is well documented since the early 80's geller was someone who was "friends" with mj for all of a couple of years. ppl can say what they think about the family.heck alot of fans didnt even know who they were till the album mess but no one can denie the close relationship he had with them.

No. Please speak for yourself only or those who want to be included in that statement. "WE" don't hate. I don't hate. Not the Cascios, nor anyone else for that matter.

I don't ever want to be referred to as someone who 'hates'.

Actually, I plan to buy Frank Cascio's book; because, at least we know Michael Jackson really considered him as his friend. :yes:

Actually, Michael considered many eventual back-stabbers as his friends. The problem is whether his "friends" consider Michael a true friend of theirs.

I'm not suggesting Frank Cascio is a back stabber. Just want to point out the fact.

lol no this is going to be a book about the time he worked with michael only it was Jason Malachi he was working with. one more book about lies lol. gotta love it.

you have some serious conflicts and double standards samhabib.

So instead of posting a press release - for free - they've signed a book deal to tell us?

The problem with your logic is that they did make a statement - on Oprah -, they posted twitter updates, facebook messages all of which you didn't believe and find satisfactory. so my questions will be
- will you find a press release from them satisfactory or would you demand more details ?
- how can you put 25 years of relationship in a press release?

so they already tried that route of "free statements" first, it didn't work out. It didn't stop you calling them liars, shady people and what else. As I said before weren't us the ones that demanded pictures, videos, audios from them, didn't us the ones who questioned their loyalty, personality etc? So why now this is so shocking to hear that they are responding to these requests by telling their side of the story?

Since when was friendship 'sellable'?

with that logic then we must say that by releasing a book Katherine Jackson is also selling her "motherhood" and La Toya is selling her "sisterhood" etc. The thing about books is 1) no one would offer anyone a book deal if there wasn't a demand - a demand which is created by us fans with all the controversy talk 2) you don't have to buy it even it's being sold.

The Chandlers and the Arvizos considered themselves 'friends' once upon a time. So forgive me for having my reservations.

Those families also made baseless accusations about Michael. Where's the equivalent undebatable bad behavior from Cascio's?

Could they not do that in the form of a press release? They already attempted to clear their names on Oprah which is a much bigger platform to do so than a book.

lol no this is going to be a book about the time he worked with michael only it was Jason Malachi he was working with. one more book about lies lol. gotta love it.

This is off topic, but you've changed your tune? When this all started you layed into me for talking about the songs being fake. Have you changed your opinon now?

No. Please speak for yourself only or those who want to be included in that statement. "WE" don't hate. I don't hate. Not the Cascios, nor anyone else for that matter.

I don't ever want to be referred to as someone who 'hates'.

lol i dont even hate anybody. it was just for me to clear this up who exactly we.re talking about.
i have still no idea, so i will leave this discussion now :scratch:

Ivy, do you have more information on Frank Cascio's book deal? Based on your earlier posts, it seems you believe that Frank Cascio decided to write a book partially because he would like to clear up the controversy of songs on the album and tell his side of the story. Where did you get that from?

As of now, based on what I have read, I just know that Frank Cascio entered into a book deal to write about his 25-year friendship with Michael. I have no idea whether he's going to talk about the songs at all.

How do we know the proof that we are asking for will be included in the book? Proof of frienship, which they showed on the Oprah show, is not the same as proof of Michael's inputs in the songs.

Could they not do that in the form of a press release? They already attempted to clear their names on Oprah which is a much bigger platform to do so than a book.

see my post above yours.

I think they already tried the "free press release/statements" route and it didn't work out. With the latest Taryll tweets it also became a bigger issue than "the vocals debate", it became an issue of "betraying Michael before". I think it became bigger than "we didn't betray him and the vocals are his" kind of press release.

see my post above yours.

I think they already tried the "free press release/statements" route and it didn't work out. With the latest Taryll tweets it also became a bigger issue than "the vocals debate", it became an issue of "betraying Michael before". I think it became bigger than "we didn't betray him and the vocals are his" kind of press release.

But the thing is, many of us are dead set in our opinion that it isnt Michael on these tracks...and the tracks came from the Cascio's. So we are only going to see it in one of two ways.

1. They are trying to make money.
2. They are just going even further in trying to convince us of a lie.

The idea that they are just trying to clear their name is foreign to us because we would have to believe they are innocent in all of this in order to believe that.

I'm open to hearing what they have to say, but for now this is just how a lot of us are going to see it.

Why don't they try a Q&A with fans? :)

Ivy, do you have more information on Frank Cascio's book deal? Based on your earlier posts, it seems you believe that Frank Cascio decided to write a book partially because he would like to clear up the controversy of songs on the album and tell his side of the story. Where did you get that from?
its in the original article by friedman

its posted on here. begining of thread i think

elusive moonwalker;3211521 said:
its posted on here. begining of thread i think

Well... this is the article quoted on the first post:

Exclusive: Frank Cascio, Michael Jackson’s closest friend and longtime associate, has
signed a book deal with HarperCollins’s William Morrow division.

Cascio, who sometimes has been known as Frank Tyson, is the eldest son of the Cascio
family of New Jersey, Jackson’s surrogate family.

It was Cascio to whom Michael turned in 2003 when he needed someone to oversee the
Arvizo family.It was Cascio’s record keeping that helped exonerate Jackson on the counts
of conspiracy in 2005. Frank Cascio’s brother, Eddie, is the author and producer of several
tracks on Michael’s new album, called “Michael.”But it was Frank who originally worked on
that music with another singer.

Now Frank Cascio will explain his and his family’s long relationship with Michael and with his kids.
Frank is also setting up a charitable venture into which he will contribute proceeds from the book.
I hear that the charity will build schools and help children in Haiti. Details are forthcoming. And
many big name celebs are said to be signing on. (I can’t say the names, but they’re the real deal.)

If anyone in the Jackson saga was to write a memoir — besides manager Frank DiLeo–it would have
to be Frank Cascio. His 25 year relationship with the pop star was a constant, whether Jackson was
experiencing highs or lows.

It didn't say Frank is going to talk about the songs.

Frank Cascio’s brother, Eddie, is the author and producer of several
tracks on Michael’s new album, called “Michael.”But it was Frank who originally worked on

that to me implies he will be talking about the songs.

”But it was Frank who originally worked on
that to me says he will talk about the songs just like he will talk about 03. otherwise frank wouldnt have mentioned it to roger. and tbh aint it pretty obvious he will talk about the songs? thats what most newbies/media are intrested about at this time

Personally agree and ok I'm gonna be judged as naive when I say the following but you know something? I don't actually give a darned hoot! - I've seen a picture of Michael from January 2009 where he's sitting with Frank Cascio and there's something which I noticed - from Michael's body language alone I would go by the instinct my heart is telling me and that he looked relaxed and happy, that Michael felt comfortable in this guy and the family's presence, that he was able to have slept naturally and comfortably at their house.

Sometime within the next 5 months something happened, I'm not sure exactly what and there's enough controversy about Michael's final months, THIS IS IT etc about what happened, whether between SONY, AEG or other factors brought in, I don't know but its heartbreaking to know that Michael was so tired and exhausted but wasn't able to sleep.

The Cascios offered him friendship and support when he most needed it and so, yes there's a book deal and the Oprah appearance but maybe with so many accusations levelled at them by all and sundry, including Michael's own family members, perhaps they felt they did need to respond to a certain level of provocation. The charity aspect is not overlooked either it has to be said.

Back