Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

Thanks moonwalker.

Let me be more clear. What I want to say is that I don't see the implication that Frank Cascio decided to write a book to give us more color on the songs becasue he's provoked by the controversy as suggested by Ivy based on that sentence alone.

I thought there may be some more details on the book deal somewhere.

Actually, in my opinon, most people (non fans, casual fans) are more interested in personal private moments that Michael shared with the family than the questionable songs. The book is not going to be marketable if Frank concentrates on music, particularly thoses songs on the album.

Of course Frank is going to talk about the songs, but I highly doubt he will go into detail.

Thanks moonwalker.

Let me be more clear. What I want to say is that I don't see the implication that Frank Cascio decided to write a book to give us more color on the songs becasue he's provoked by the controversy as suggested by Ivy based on that sentence alone.

I thought there may be some more details on the book deal somewhere.

Actually, in my opinon, most people (non fans, casual fans) are more interested in personal private moments that Michael shared with the family than the questionable songs. The book is not going to be marketable if Frank concentrates on music, particularly thoses songs on the album.

Of course Frank is going to talk about the songs, but I highly doubt he will go into detail.

yeah i get you. of course the main focus is going to be the last 25 yers. but im sure the songs will be brought up aswell as thats the reason the family are now more known in the mainstream media/public

yeah i get you. of course the main focus is going to be the last 25 yers. but im sure the songs will be brought up aswell as thats the reason the family are now more known in the mainstream media/public

those controversial songs did help increase the profile of the cascio family drastically.

not suggesting the family is cashing-in their friendship, but it's a fact that they gain financially from their association, personal or "professional", with michael.

Re: Michael Jackson' Manager Planning Tell-All Book [Threads Merged]

Stacey I believe you have made a mistake...One thread was for Frank Dileo writing a book, this new one was created for the book Frank Cascio is writing :yes:

oh well... the nature of all these tell-all books is the same... it's just the author is different. to me, it doesn't matter whether it's frank dileo or frank cascio.

Re: Frank Casio to write tell all book about Michael Jackson

So sorry about that guys, long day! :ninja:

Carry on. :)

But the thing is, many of us are dead set in our opinion that it isnt Michael on these tracks...and the tracks came from the Cascio's.

Let's not generalize please. there are many of us that has different opinions

So we are only going to see it in one of two ways.

1. They are trying to make money.

see the info that says proceedings will go to charity

2. They are just going even further in trying to convince us of a lie.

you don't have to buy it, read it or believe it.

The idea that they are just trying to clear their name is foreign to us because we would have to believe they are innocent in all of this in order to believe that.

again let's not generalize this to everyone.

To be clear - I don't know whether he'll talk about the songs/vocals or not. But my personal opinion this has became bigger than the songs / vocals debate.

see my previous post that I quoted

I think they already tried the "free press release/statements" route and it didn't work out. With the latest Taryll tweets it also became a bigger issue than "the vocals debate", it became an issue of "betraying Michael before".

Taryll said that Frank betrayed Michael before the songs/vocals, he hinted that betrayal from the rest of the family didn't /wouldn't surprise him either. Fans ran with this, we have seen them called liars, betrayers and even compared to Arvizo's and Chandlers.

This is what I personally call provocation. Cascio's didn't just say "okay we'll write a book about our relationship with Michael" out of the blue one day - if they did I would have been the first person to say "why? why now?". by looking to the events I believe that there's a legit reason for them to say "let me tell you our relationship with Michael so that you wouldn't judge us without knowing our side". so I'm not finding anything suspicious about why they are thinking about writing a book now. For me "why? why now?" questions is answered. As far as the contents go that will be a discussion for the future, after the book gets released.

hmmm....How convenient...

OT: I'm confused by the recent picture of Frank Cascio with Shmuley

at the Rabbi's website.

Personally agree and ok I'm gonna be judged as naive when I say the following but you know something? I don't actually give a darned hoot! - I've seen a picture of Michael from January 2009 where he's sitting with Frank Cascio and there's something which I noticed - from Michael's body language alone I would go by the instinct my heart is telling me and that he looked relaxed and happy, that Michael felt comfortable in this guy and the family's presence, that he was able to have slept naturally and comfortably at their house.

Sometime within the next 5 months something happened, I'm not sure exactly what and there's enough controversy about Michael's final months, THIS IS IT etc about what happened, whether between SONY, AEG or other factors brought in, I don't know but its heartbreaking to know that Michael was so tired and exhausted but wasn't able to sleep.

The Cascios offered him friendship and support when he most needed it and so, yes there's a book deal and the Oprah appearance but maybe with so many accusations levelled at them by all and sundry, including Michael's own family members, perhaps they felt they did need to respond to a certain level of provocation. The charity aspect is not overlooked either it has to be said.

Thank you Sue for this post. It is exactly how I feel I just didn't know how to word it.
I think I will enjoy reading this book. I bought some books off of Amazon after Michael left us that were wriiten by fans who loved Michael and wanted to share their experiences with Michael and I loved the stories they had to tell!

I believe the Cascios truly loved Michael. Not everybody has ulterior motives. It is a sad world we live in where we think so many people can't be trusted.

That is why I miss Michael so much. He was my Pollyanna who saw the best in everybody and thought we all had the ability to become our best.

Be good everybody Love,Susan

This betrayal Taryll talks about has to do with some comments Frand did about Michael´s children.

moodyblue97;3211945 said:
This betrayal Taryll talks about has to do with some comments Frand did about Michael´s children.
Are you able to say what he said and when he said it? Thanks:)

When a news source posts a story about a book about Michael or any celebrity they usually
post the most salcious damaging and sensational info they can about the contents to peak
the readers interest.

If the funny story about Elizabeths necklace is the best they can do. It is assuring to me that
there isnt anything damaging to MJ in Franks book about growing up with Michael in his life.
I REALLY look forward to his book

Last edited:

Sooner or later everyone writes a book about life with Michael. This is obviously been in contention for a while, why now?

at the Rabbi's website.

:fear:

Sooner or later everyone writes a book about life with Michael. This is obviously been in contention for a while, why now?

Why now... that is the question. In my opinion, people have had enough time to write a positive book about Michael in the past, before June 25. Now, I do not care. -_-

:fear:

ilmjj;3211968 said:
Are you able to say what he said and when he said it? Thanks:)

Not exactly when, but he talked about the children and about them being Michael´s bio or not, he later claimed it was an misunderstanding.

Nothing against the Cascio's but I'm against another book. It still seems like a selling out of Michael in a way.

The more I hear from friends of Michael the less I believe they were. Macaulay Culkin, Elizabeth Taylor, and Chris Tucker have said very little before and since his death and were very close to him. It's those that remain quiet, especially after 2009 that I have more respect for…

moodyblue97;3212054 said:
Not exactly when, but he talked about the children and about them being Michael´s bio or not, he later claimed it was an misunderstanding.
well tarryl should look to his own family on that issue

Originally Posted by rainny

at the Rabbi's website.
:scratch::doh::mello: is it defo an new pic and not from 01?

Last edited:
Adibobea9;3212124 said:
The more I hear from friends of Michael the less I believe they were. Macaulay Culkin, Elizabeth Taylor, and Chris Tucker have said very little before and since his death and were very close to him. It's those that remain quiet, especially after 2009 that I have more respect for…

Well said...And VERY true...

Getting really tired of everyone and their brother wanting to publish a book about Michael. At least the money is going to charity, but let me just say this: Harper Collins is a big publishing house, and most major publishing houses won't publish pro-Jackson material unless there is some controversial content. So, naturally I'm skeptical of this book. :ph34r:

at the Rabbi's website.
because Frank was with Michael and Shmuley, when all these tapes were recorded in 1999 - 2001
Shumey said in his book: "Francesto Cascio, Michael's former manager and close friend, was instrumental in making sure that Micheal and I got together regularly to record these sessions for the publication of these books. I thank Frank for more than a decade of continued and living friendship".

was it a recent pic though?

I can't find the pic. Can someone post it here, please?

This is so obvious... so transparent. All these people writing books about Michael, when they were supposed to have been friends with him - isn't that what they all say? - are writing books to defend their own backs, for some caught on their shadiness regarding the "Michael" album and 'unfairly' attacked them. They go to Oprah, now write a book, Knowing full well Many Jackson fans are gonna buy it for they say it's about Michael Jackson, and for they were his 'best friend'. All they need to utter is those two sonorous words.

Everybody and their mother are writing books about Jackson, when the focus is So on them and their bruised ego. They're gonna blab about how it was MJ on their tracks, thus lie and all that. Nobody would be interested in any of these people if they didn't write about their famous 'friend'. Just cuz they say positive positive things, their 'efforts' are selfish, for which they know they'll win big, both monetarily and reputation-wise. Jackson was a most private person and his friendship with these people, as well as others, was a private one and he relied on them big apparently when he'd tell them they're the only friends he trusts. ...

Last edited:

This is so blatant... so transparent. All these people writing books about Michael, when they were supposed to have been friends with him - isn't that what they all say? - are writing books to defend their own backs, for some caught on their shadiness regarding the "Michael" album and 'unfairly' attacked them. They go to Oprah, now write a book, Knowing full well Many are gonna buy it for they say it's about Michael Jackson, and for they were his 'best friend'.

Everybody and their mother are writing books about Jackson, when the focus is So on them and their bruised ego. They're gonna blab about how it was MJ on their tracks, thus lie and all that. Nobody would be interested in any of these people if they didn't write about their famous 'friend'. Just cuz they say positive positive things, their 'efforts' are selfish, for which they know they'll win big, both monetarily and reputation-wise. Jackson was a most private person and his friendship with these people, as well as others, was a private one and he relied on them big apparently when he'd tell them their the only friends he trusts. ...

:agree:

Sad, isn't it? :no:

If anyone can post the said picture in here..? Thanks.

Yes... it's sad, that it actually gets infuriating. Then you start to swallow it and it hurts so much. ..

Back