Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

Unfortunately, Michael's image is more famous than his music. I don't think we'll see any of Michael's close friends, family or whoever writing books or making documentaries about Michael's music. That sort of stuff just doesn't interest the general public.

This is so sad and so true.

I guess we had to expect this when a murdoch company gave him a deal. i guess we were stupid to think this book would be positive and wouldnt be full of sell out stories.he would be better off kerping his mouth shut about the alkegations cause theres nothing stopping the arvizos from coming out and talking. chandler is a coward. hes had two years to come out but hasnt.

Frank Cascio had a choice, to sell my friend Michael Jackson out or not?......he saw the $$$ signs and chose to sell Michael Jackson out. Plain and simple. He's just joining the long list that already exists.

Doctor Murray said Michael told him that he was his only friend, Frank said he was Michael's friend....seem to me NONE of these people truly fit the description of the word friend. Michael Jackson means $$$$ to people and friendship be damned, they are gonna get theirs.

I'm just tired of the foolishness, just damn tired! The darn bed he died in will be sold, his pyjamas and other personal stuff up to the highest bidder, why are people hell bent on taking any bit of privacy this man had? why do people feel the need to let the whole darn world know every striking bit of detail about this mans personal life? while at the same time claim they are just doing it for him, so the world can understand him some more?
Exactly

Don't forget Macaulay Culkin & Chris Tucker! They've been very loyal friends since the beginning and still are!
Tbh, for quiet some time I'm scared to call anyone ''loyal'' anymore, cuz the odds of even those who haven't trashed him yet (under the disguise of ''setting the record straight'), doing so in the coming months/weeks/ years are extremely high.
My heart is bleeding for Michael, he was surrounded by sharks and vultures only, even folks who he probably thought were his good friends were into the friendship for their own benefit. Something I've notices is that so many ''friends'' and ''family members'' were all good as long as Michael didn't shut them out, once he shut them out their egos were hurt and they exploded.
Now that Michael's dead, the benefits of selling Michael out are way higher than keeping his private business private. Michael is not here anymore to buy people stuff, get them into the industry, take them around the world, introduce them to the rich and famous, all that's left for them to do in order to profit is to sell him out. I believe that's the case with Frank as well.

Well said.

Does anyone mind telling me who Joanna is?

A fan. Who went with frank to try to get close to mj. dirty diana type then sold stories to the press about her relationship with mj.

I guess we had to expect this when a murdoch company gave him a deal. i guess we were stupid to think this book would be positive and wouldnt be full of sell out stories.he would be better off kerping his mouth shut about the alkegations cause theres nothing stopping the arvizos from coming out and talking. chandler is a coward. hes had two years to come out but hasnt.

Yeah. Murdoch was a bit of a HINT? You know, I went back to the beginning of this thread, and a lot more people were positive, and hopeful. LONG thread, so this must be an issue for a LOT of fans? I think back then, "wait and see" was very appropriate, but I no longer think it applies -- given the advance promotion for the book. "Getting stoned on a mountain" was ENTIRELY inappropriate, IMHO. I don't need to read more than we already know, now, given the interview, and quotes, and articles about the book. Been there, done that. I think the general public is sick-to-death of the trial coverage, and given the trend of this long, looong thread, I doubt there will be many fans buying the book now. It will take its place on dusty shelves next to LaToya and Jermaine's books, and that will be the end of it. Pretty sure.

So there's this long, looong thread, and you know what I think is going on? We are TIRED. Just sick, and tired. The horrors of the trial were unavoidable. Many of us watched a LOT, or all, of that. Yeah, Murray was convicted, but there was a high cost. Michael was such a private man, and especially about his medical issues (INCLUDING "medications") In the trial Michael was talked about as if he were a collection of body-parts and chemical compounds, and his "medication-use" was turned inside out for ALL to see. So, I think a lot of folks were hoping that Frank's book would not discuss this, at ALL, but instead would be a collection of personal and basically "harmless" anecdotes. But, that was clearly not to be.

I don't think this book is "needed" to "clear things up." We KNOW, ok? We GET IT. There isn't anyone here who doesn't know, now, about Michael's "medication use," and that he was innocent of ever hurting children. I just don't think Frank is needed, to clear ANYTHING up. We are simply weary -- that's probably the bottom-line. Just very, VERY tired of that particular discussion, that "Michael wasn't a bad person." We KNOW, ok?

I don't have any particular problem with a Q & A (or with Ivy summarizing the book). But, I've read some of the questions and it looks like Frank will have a rough go of it? His readership was going to be primarily fans (and maybe some haters), and that interview ripped it -- for MANY. Damage-control is best if it happens BEFORE there is any damage, at all. . . . .

Right. Chandler and the Arvizos ain't talkin'. Doubt they ever will.

Macaulay Culkin and Chris Tucker (and Liz Taylor) are good examples of friends. As far as I know they don't add fuel to the fire (even when they could do with the money), and were there when MJ really needed them.

I'm all for giving people a chance - hell, I only just made my mind up about Murray about 3 days ago. Up to that point I was willing to cut him some slack. But there is a line, and it is so sickeningly obvious that the Cascio family has crossed it. It was bad enough they tried to cash in on those songs in such a deceitful, fraudulent way (which to this day, I still have no idea how people could manage to accept), but now a single book excerpt is basically giving the media fuel for their headlines. Imagine what the whole book will do.

I can understand (the principle of) reserving judgement until the book comes out. I don't understand why one wouldn't also reserve promotion (and yes, I see it as promotion) until the book comes out.

Agree. i was sat on the fence about this book in the begining as theres the issue of writing the book but u tried to think that if its gonna help mj then maybe its worth it. but from what we have seen its just another person selling mj out. and at the end of the day only mj fans were gonna by this book so hes just alignated a large number of potential buyers
by pandering to the publishes. i guess i was stupid to expect anything better. and to think that there were some ppl in mjs life other than us who actually cared and would never
say anything that could hurt mj or be twisted.

Haven't followed the entire 125 pages just the last few. My thoughts, for what they are worth, are that anyone can say/write anything about Michael now that he is not here to defend himself; that he is not here to put situations into their proper context so we are left solely at the mercy of the person writing about it; that the word "friend" is beginning to sound like a four letter word when used by someone in relation to michael; that once again here is something that will cause disharmony among Michael's fans; the idea that we should wait and see just what is written in by FC before jumping on him, while in theory a nice idea, in practice is flawed because of the publicity and the track record of those who have gone before.
I, for one, am tired and jaded by the so-called 'friends' talking about things which should remain private.
Perhaps someday someone will do them a similar favor.

One more thing I don't like in these tell-all books is the hypocrisy of the authors. They dissect every aspect of Michael's life but how happy would they (or any of the journalists or their readers) would be if someone did the same to them? Would Frank be happy if someone published a book about his flaws? About how he behaved in Neverland when Michael wasn't there? About the fact he used his association with Michael to sleep with fan girls? And dissect every little detail about his personal life and past behavior? Would he be happy if someone wrote a preachy book about it pretending to be on a higher moral ground in which that person would write about how he tried to correct Frank's flaws but he didn't want to change?

One more thing I don't like in these tell-all books is the hypocrisy of the authors. They dissect every aspect of Michael's life but how happy would they (or any of the journalists or their readers) would be if someone did the same to them? Would Frank be happy if someone published a book about his flaws? About how he behaved in Neverland when Michael wasn't there? About the fact he used his association with Michael to sleep with fan girls? And dissect every little detail about his personal life and past behavior? Would he be happy if someone wrote a preachy book about it pretending to be on a higher moral ground in which that person would write about how he tried to correct Frank's flaws but he didn't want to change?

I am sure these questions won't get asked / be allowed

Ivy, can you please transfer the poll to the discussion section? i did not get a chance to vote and i am really curious to know how many people on MJJC will support the book.

Thank you

Last edited:

I am sure these questions won't get asked / be allowed

Yeah, and that's the point. If someone asked him such questions that would be deemed inappropriate. But somehow it's OK if it's about MJ.

I invite you all to bear in mind that Michael himself said that he admired Jesus and that he wanted to be like him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not dragging any religious subject into this thread, but I was referring more to the historical Jesus who simply spread love without necessarily implying anything on the spiritual level although Michael believed he was inspired by God or by a superior force.

Now, Michael insisted also that he didn't want the media to twist his words and say that he was Jesus, but that simply he wanted to be like him, to follow his example of philantropy.

Now, let's step for a moment from Frank's book and briefly take a look at who Jesus was and why Michael admired him so much. When reading the Gospels about Jesus, purely out of curiosity for that historical figure's life, we can't help but be moved, regardless if we're Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jew, Muslim, ...

Mahatma Gandhi, who was a Hindu by the way, once said: "Jesus occupies in my heart the place of one of the greatest teachers who have had a considerable influence on my life. I shall say to the Hindus that your life will be incomplete unless you reverentially study the teachings of Jesus... Make this world the kingdom of God and his righteousness and everything will be added unto you. I tell you that if you will understand, appreciate, and act up to the spirit of this passage, you won't need to know what place Jesus or any other teacher occupies in your heart."

Clearly, Jesus that Gandhi was talking about was the same person Michael was talking about. They both read the same Gospels.

Now, there are some other Gospels out there called Apocrypha. As a matter of fact there were/are many Gospels around, but only four canonical were kept and accepted as the true ones by different Christian branches as to the Christian scholars the four Gospels were the only ones that spoused the idea of the true Jesus.

In the apocryphas, there are some elements that do not match with the Christian dogma regarding Jesus. So let's take a look for example at one of those elements that are commonly rejected by most probably all Chistian scholars:

according to the (Apocrypha) Gospel of Thomas, 3:2-3, when Jesus was a child another boy accidentally bumped against him and this is how Jesus the child reacted:
Jesus was provoked and said unto him, "Thou shalt not finish thy course." And immediately he fell down and died.

This very element, among others, is considered as a big stain by the scholars, so of course it has been rejected by the Church, even though it is absolutely impossible to verify if this report of Jesus early life was true or not, simply because Jesus was not there to tell if that account was true or not when it was written. Consequently anyone can write anything they want. It is also a kind of sensationalism. Some will buy it others not. The fact being -- impossible to objectively verify it.

Obviously, neither Gandhi nor Michael did believe in that Jesus the child killer. Gandhi, as Michael, believed in Jesus the one who spreads love and resurrects people thanks to the reports they read in the four Gospels, not thanks to the Apocrypha.

Now, when we come back to some of Frank's quotes from the book and see how he portrays Michael, i.e. a Michael who is stoned, who is drugged, who sleeps around with his female fans, who is addicted, who was crying because of his physical concerns, who is asking friends to prescribe drugs in their names, who was frequently seeing doctors due to his addictions, and so on, what does Frank do there? Frank's book is certainly not a Gospel about Michael's life, but it certainly seems like a friend confirming the apocrypa's elements in Michael's life! Imagine one of Jesus's discipiles confirming the story of Jesus killing a child! That's Frank! Impossible to verify whether it is true or not, the mainly concerned ones are not there to corroborate any of the elements!

Michael, on the other hand, who expressed his wish to be like Jesus and to follow his example, has just been portrayed by his "friend" as a stoned drug addicted sleeping around with fans and depending on pills.

If I could say anything to Michael after reading those highlights in Frank's book is: "Michael, the only stain in all those stories is Frank."

I'm going to tell you all something. You think 'friends' showed their true colors during the 2005 trial. Now since Michael is gone, you will REALLY see some true colors coming out. Some of the very ones the fans have held in such high esteem are going to jolt you to reality. Frank Casio is among them. He sold Michael out plain and simple. No hem and haw about it.

I just thought about Aphrodite Jones, the one who wrote about that 2005 trial. Now she had books published before that made it on the best seller list; but she was faced with a challenge with "Conspiracy": "Either write dirt about Michael Jackson, OR you won't get your book published." She was willing to self-publish the book to tell THE TRUTH about the 2005 trial INSTEAD of manipulating the facts to make Michael look like the freaky, pedophile the media wanted to portray. Now she was a person who was totally against Michael but when she looked at the facts, she changed her views and refused to go along with the Michael-bashing party line.

Anytime a former hater reporter was willing to do that, you mean to tell me there's a legitimate excuse for Frank Casio to put that mess in his book KNOWING how the media treated and still treats his FRIEND? Case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said months ago, alot of fans on here are going to learn the hard way that the way they were 'trained' to think about certain things regarding Michael's death, certain people in Michael's life---let's just say alot of fans will find out they have been hoodwinked BIG TIME. Michael was hoodwinked and now his fans are being played.

@Ivy, Having read all this thread and participated in it, if I were you I would NOT bother writing a review here, every time you have tried to offer another perspective you have been accused of bias. Clearly people have already made up their mind some even finding the mere mention of the name offensive and nothing is going to change that, because negative can always be found. I wouldn't put yourslef in the firing line, those who are undecided can read reviews on amazon or can pm you.

I generally do a summary and a review. Honestly I might not do a summary in this instance. there's no sense in me spending my hours to summarize when dealing with a lynch mob mentality or if there's a group that would attack to anything simply because his name is "Cascio". I might only do a review.

and I do not care about being accused of a bias especially when the accusers are biased themselves as well + it's not my problem if people are delusional to think some talks to organize a Q&A makes me BFF's with him. I personally know that I'm able to read and give a fair review - such as giving Jermaine's book above average review when I had public fights with him before.

It's NOT FAIR if Frank doesn't address ALL the RUMORS and CONTROVERSY surroundings his life & be TRUTHFUL about it! Point blank. But, will he? Hmmm....doubt it? How is MJ only fair game?

I generally do a summary and a review. Honestly I might not do a summary in this instance. there's no sense in me spending my hours to summarize when dealing with a lynch mob mentality or if there's a group that would attack to anything simply because his name is "Cascio". I might only do a review.

and I do not care about being accused of a bias especially when the accusers are biased themselves as well + it's not my problem if people are delusional to think some talks to organize a Q&A makes me BFF's with him. I personally know that I'm able to read and give a fair review - such as giving Jermaine's book above average review when I had public fights with him before.

It's not because you don't agree with people that their mentality is a lynch mob one. Frank simply must be ready to the "as you sow, so shall you reap" mentality.

It's not because you don't agree with people that their mentality is a lynch mob one. Frank simply must be ready to the "as you sow, so shall you reap" mentality.

It's got nothing to do with disagreeing with the opinions. It's about the content of the opinions and how this thread on MJJC has turned into a hate fest when similar threads on other MJ forums haven't. Also for the millionth time - I would have no issues if people read the book and hated it, my issue is hanging a person without even giving him his day in court.

forget about me- what about for example after the release date the reviews about the book is all positive on Amazon. What are you (generally speaking) do then?

It's NOT FAIR if Frank doesn't address ALL the RUMORS and CONTROVERSY surroundings his life & be TRUTHFUL about it! Point blank. But, will he? Hmmm....doubt it? How is MJ only fair game?

I will say this: the Q&A is done with his publishers about his book. Generally when you do a Q&A like that they limit your questions to the matter at hand. For example when we did the Q&A with Vogel -we had the limit of "Most questions about Earth Song and a few general songs about the upcoming book" guideline. This is no different. I did not arrange a chat with my BFF, I went through a publisher for permission.

It's got nothing to do with disagreeing with the opinions. It's about the content of the opinions and how this thread on MJJC has turned into a hate fest when similar threads on other MJ forums haven't. Also for the millionth time - I would have no issues if people read the book and hated it, my issue is hanging a person without even giving him his day in court.

forget about me- what about for example after the release date the reviews about the book is all positive on Amazon. What are you (generally speaking) do then?

As far as I am concerned, so far I have been commenting about the highlights I read, not about the book that I did not read. I am not giving my opinion on a book here, but on the things that have been written so far.

As many people stated here, even if the book is positive, and I am sure it will be, well I hope it will be, the things I have read so far are on the one hand useless, tabloidish, personal, and on the other, serves as food for the bad press. People will buy what's in the press and will remain completely ignorant about positive things in the book.

[youtube]EbjPDZQ6-Zw&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

I will say this: the Q&A is done with his publishers about his book. Generally when you do a Q&A like that they limit your questions to the matter at hand. For example when we did the Q&A with Vogel -we had the limit of "Most questions about Earth Song and a few general songs about the upcoming book" guideline. This is no different. I did not arrange a chat with my BFF, I went through a publisher for permission.
Will Frank's publisher pick the questions that he will answer?

To me, this feels like a case of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". I already know my own feelings on the Cascios, it doesn't matter who was involved or whether it's just a family thing to support and defend one another, regardless of truth. The fact that the Cascios disregarded Michael's perfectionist view of his music and sold those over-processed songs (at least, according to Teddy Riley, they were already processed when he got them) to Sony for 5 million, told me how much they cared for Michael's art. But nevermind that, that's what happens in posthumous releases, right? Besides, they did an Oprah interview and had positive things to say about Michael, so they're forgiven.

Then the fanbase split (or was already split before the Oprah interview). Sometime ago, one of the Cascios said on his facebook that they were going to release work tapes or some hard evidence that will blow all the doubting fans out of the water. There was even a rumour at one time that the Monster music video was going to contain evidence of Michael singing it. But by now, a year or so has passed and nothing has happened. The fans are still split, some don't want to hear anything about it, some just won't let it go. But nevermind that, they're forgiven because those that won't let it go are just a bunch of crazies. Michael's surrogate family rules over crazies. They would never betray him and what not.

Then Frank wants to write a book. Some feel it's good, it will balance out the rest of the negative books out there. Some think it's invasive to Michael's privacy, and besides, only greedy people write books, right? Then there are those that still want to bring in controversy. Nevermind, Frank is a good friend of Michael, he plans to vindicate Michael's name and blow all negative hate out of the water or something, and crazies will be crazies, back to the controversy section where they belong.

Sorry I'm not understanding your comments. Are you literally saying the doubters are crazies or are you implying this as a general perception?

Oh, and there isn't any processing on the tracks.

And who's idea was the interview? MJJC or Frank?

Sorry I'm not understanding your comments. Are you literally saying the doubters are crazies or are you implying this as a general perception?

Oh, and there isn't any processing on the tracks.

And who's idea was the interview? MJJC or Frank?

I think, if I understood correctly, Wolfrevenant talked about doubters as being portrayed by others as crazies.

And honestly I don't mind being portrayed as crazy. Actually, for my part as a doubter, I don't give a damn what people think of me After all, maybe I am crazy. So what? :D

Last edited:

I'm going to tell you all something. You think 'friends' showed their true colors during the 2005 trial. Now since Michael is gone, you will REALLY see some true colors coming out. Some of the very ones the fans have held in such high esteem are going to jolt you to reality. Frank Casio is among them. He sold Michael out plain and simple. No hem and haw about it.

I just thought about Aphrodite Jones, the one who wrote about that 2005 trial. Now she had books published before that made it on the best seller list; but she was faced with a challenge with "Conspiracy": "Either write dirt about Michael Jackson, OR you won't get your book published." She was willing to self-publish the book to tell THE TRUTH about the 2005 trial INSTEAD of manipulating the facts to make Michael look like the freaky, pedophile the media wanted to portray. Now she was a person who was totally against Michael but when she looked at the facts, she changed her views and refused to go along with the Michael-bashing party line.

Anytime a former hater reporter was willing to do that, you mean to tell me there's a legitimate excuse for Frank Casio to put that mess in his book KNOWING how the media treated and still treats his FRIEND? Case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said months ago, alot of fans on here are going to learn the hard way that the way they were 'trained' to think about certain things regarding Michael's death, certain people in Michael's life---let's just say alot of fans will find out they have been hoodwinked BIG TIME. Michael was hoodwinked and now his fans are being played.

Truth!

I respect your opinion, but i am EMPHATICALLY against putting money in Rupert Murdoch's & Frank Cascio's pockets.

Sorry, they will have to take a lost on this one.

2 great news: Cascio's book isn't listed under MJ's name on amazon AND there is a kindle version... so i am hoping someone will upload it the very same day it comes out.

This guy has profited all his life from MJ's friendship... ENOUGH already.

ETA. How many are willing to bet Frank Cascio won't write about the Randy Jackson episode? Easier to trash the dead...

Last edited:

I can't belive that you keep saying that we should wait to read the rest maybe who knows ..

Only these two quotes are enough for me
"My naive belief that Michael wouldn't let his medicine interfere with the show blew up in my face," Cascio writes. "I can't begin to describe my disappointment and panic at this moment."
"But in the end, physical and mental anguish prevailed, and Michael died in his endless quest to attain some inner peace,"

Portraying Michael as being an irresponsable in his work and as a father too.Like nothing would matter for Michael only taking drugs.Shame on you Frank!

I can't belive that you keep saying that we should wait to read the rest maybe who knows ..

well I have a problem with hanging people from 2 lines when they have written 335 pages.. I think it's a reasonable thing to ask and we have seen this from Jermaine's book. Although the escape plan angered many - including me- , his overall book was above average. Evaluating that book solely on that story would have been a mistake.

and for the last quote. how do you think Michael died? He wasn't able to sleep, by all accounts he tried everything but nothing worked, he turned into unconventional Propofol for help and that caused his death. He only wanted to get some sleep..

That last quote is actually pretty sad and does not signal "nothing would matter for Michael only taking drugs". on the contrary it shows how sad his death is when you consider all he wanted was a little sleep

well I have a problem with hanging people from 2 lines when they have written 335 pages.. I kinda think it's a reasonable thing to ask and we have seen this from Jermaine's book. Although the escape plan angered many - including me- , his overall book was above average. Evaluating that book solely on that story would have been a mistake.

and for the last quote. how do you think Michael died? He wasn't able to sleep, by all accounts he tried everything but nothing worked, he turned into unconventional Propofol for help and that caused his death. He only wanted to get some sleep..

That last quote is actually pretty sad and does not signal "nothing would matter for Michael only taking drugs". on the contrary it shows how sad his death is when you consider all he wanted was a little sleep

Only these two quotes are enough for me

Portraying Michael as being an irresponsable in his work and as a father too.Like nothing would matter for Michael only taking drugs.Shame on you Frank!

Ivy, although I might sound harsh in my comments, I am all against hanging people based on "two lines" and sentences taken out of context. And I completely join you there 1000%.

However, you seem to turn blind eye on the impact that those "two lines" are already making in the general press. I am talking about the press like Wall Street Journal, not about some tabloids like The Sun.

People are already reading it Ivy, and they will not wait to buy the book. It's out there.

"Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel." ~ Michael Jackson
^ It's the same with Frank's book. Only him writing that Michael married Lisa Marie for business says a lot about the accuracy and truth in his book.

And seriously the damage is already done. The media has had their favorite headlines. They could write about MJ the addict again. Even if everything else in the book, that we have not read yet, is positive, it will be pointless. Non-fans will not buy this book and the media will not pick up good stories about Michael. The book will NOT contribute to improve Michael's image.
Thanks for NOTHING, Frank, you opportunist and backstabber.

Back