Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Resa;3537829 said:
11/14/11 12:40am Roger Friedman

Cascio has no love lost for John McClain, Jackson’s sometime manager and now, by fluke of a 2002 will, the co-executor of his estate. According to Cascio’s account, which I reported at the time, McClain was a constant thorn in his side, undermining their friendship. Years later, in 2010, it would be McClain who would make a mess of the posthumous “Michael” album by encouraging fans to doubt the veracity of tracks produced by Cascio’s brother, Eddie.
“My Friend Michael” is a must read for any Michael Jackson fan. I’ll have some more bits from it as the day goes on.

Friedman & Cascios, Cascios & Friedman, Cascios vs McClain, Roger Friedman vs McClain.

Roger, the promotion of "Michael" album stopped many months ago, shut up your mouth.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

And I do think there are people who never met Michael and know him better than his so called "friends".

and I call it unrealistic and fan's feeling of entitlement.

Frank did one interview - 20/20 interview on ABC. They showed the cover of his book and he's sitting there flipping through it. The interviewer picked the drug addiction part, unfortunately he went along with it.

Ha ha ha...I could have sworn he was on ABC's 20/20 showing off his book while calling MJ a situational addict. I might have been stoned and imagined things. lol

that wasn't a program about his book , was it now? it was what 5-8 minutes bit showed that also included Chopra and that didn't have a single question about his book. Let's visit this topic when he does promotional tour for his book, okay?

Ivy, come on now. Please don't insult our intelligence. Positive headline from whom? You are grasping at straws if you are using Friedman to support your positive headline argument.

One positive article versus many negative ones! I'm so impressed...
NOT.

media haven't received any material about his book and they won't till tomorrow. so again we'll see the positive versus negative count later.

Friedman's is a PR stunt orchastrated by cascio and his publisher to calm MJ's fans after yesterday's sh!t storm.

funny I'm in contact with the publisher and they aren't moved to provide me excerpts earlier regardless the arguments here. Wouldn't they supply it to me , if they aimed to calm us?

Watch my words? Towards you or Frank? There's nothing disrespectful in my words. I have the impression that you find excuses for everything.

Me. Calling it lame and excuses is disrespectful. You don't agree with it and that's fine. You don't have to resort to such adjectives. Did use similar things towards your posts? No. So even though you disagree you can respectful.

I have no issues with a non-sugar coated account of MJ - I know of many who will, whether it gets reported in the media or not.

I have a major issue with a non-sugar coated account of MJ, if it's not reported fairly (i.e. not all bad), and for selfish reasons (i.e. $$$), at completely the wrong time (i.e. trial).

If he'd released the book after the trial was long over, and given all the profits to a children's charity, I could find it easier to accept.

that wasn't a program about his book , was it now? it was what 5-8 minutes bit showed that also included Chopra and that didn't have a single question about his book. Let's visit this topic when he does promotional tour for his book, okay?
You can't say his 20/20 interview was not related to his book, while they showed the book cover and filmed Frank flipping through it. Sure, let's see how he defends his book during his book tour. But, I honestly don't expect Frank be invited to serious programs like, 60 Minutes. Although I would live to be surprised. If he's going to be on HLN and the likes, I hope he get ready to explain the drug issues clearly, coz that's what the media is only interested in.

Oh my goodness I have to read literally 100 posts to catch up where I left off. I got Joe Vogel's book and i am taking my time. It's very detailed and I wish it would get more publicity for Michael's work.

I am just tired of the drug talk. It's been there before Michael died and even the day he died people went on tv and said he was an addict. I think we have heard enough the last 2 years and especially in the trial. Give Michael peace already. I had different expectations from this book. I thought there wasn't going to be drug talk because nothing was seen as was told to Oprah of all people. Obviously Frank either lied a year ago or he is lying now. It was before the trial but at that point Janet and others had already talked about Michael's issues. It would have not been shocking if he and his family told Oprah yes and explained. But now I am left wondering where did this come from when I thought differently.I can't be okay with that. Too many people have betrayed Michael. It's only natural to be cautious now.

lol Went back home and found out my mom ordered this book for me for thanksgiving. I already got the book sent from amazon when I got home 10 minutes ago and I will read it tonight and see if I am going to return it.

Here are the Chapters in the book

Part One applehead club
1 a new freind
2 the ranch
3 good bye normal life
4 extraordinary world
5 the toll
6 2 worlds
7 making HIStory
8 mind maps
9 new father

Part two Frank Tyson and Mr. Jackson
10 stepping up
11 new shoes
12 life at neverland
13 100 songs
14 helpless
15 the unexpected
16 hitting bottom
17 the show goes on
18 interlude

part 3 Michael and me
19 method to my madness
20 misunderstood
21 false charges
22 justice
23 reconciliation
24 the unthinkable

lol Went back home and found out my mom ordered this book for me for thanksgiving. I already got the book sent from amazon when I got home 10 minutes ago and I will read it tonight and see if I am going to return it.

Here are the Chapters in the book

Part One applehead club
1 a new freind
2 the ranch
3 good bye normal life
4 extraordinary world
5 the toll
6 2 worlds
7 making HIStory
8 mind maps
9 new father

Part two Frank Tyson and Mr. Jackson
10 stepping up
11 new shoes
12 life at neverland
13 100 songs
14 helpless
15 the unexpected
16 hitting bottom
17 the show goes on
18 interlude

part 3 Michael and me
19 method to my madness
20 misunderstood
21 false charges
22 justice
23 reconciliation
24 the unthinkable

My book just shipped. Amazon apparently doesn't like me :p

Just finished the prologue. It's actually pretty good and touching. Although to the end, He wrote people and circumstance came between them. I don't know what he implied here since I just started lol.

Edit: I just flipped to the end of part II, it seemed like Frank got fired by MJ through the way we all familiar with a letter from MJ's attorney Brain Wolf with MJ, John McClain, Trudy Green, John Branca, and Barry Siegel signed. It seemed like it's because he and MJ's other surrounding people have different opinions about the 2002 MTV awards and all those anti-SONY acts.

He said it's bully letter that all the other people think he was a threat to all the others' position. They wanted to cut him off from MJ.

Last edited:

Not buying.

Friedman's article, and the one 'positive' story has not been picked up by any media sites, while yesterday we saw an overkill of the drug use stories. This is proof that the media will mostly report negative stories only when it concerns Michael.

And because of that it doesn't matter, Frank failed Michael.

Just finished the prologue. It's actually pretty good and touching. Although to the end, He wrote people and circumstance came between them. I don't know what he implied here since I just started lol.

Edit: I just flipped to the end of part II, it seemed like Frank got fired by MJ through the way we all familiar with a letter from MJ's attorney Brain Wolf copied MJ, John McClain, Trudy Green, John Branca, and Barry Siegel. It seemed like it's because the difference between him and MJ's other surrounding people about the 2002 MTV awards and anti-SONY acts.

I am sorry I don't understand.

emoticons_487_0484.gif

Memefan;3537750 said:
Liz Taylor was closer and friends with him for far longer than these Cascios. She never sold him out...all those justifying this book are doing so because it will help satisfy their own thirst for gossips & hearsays.

And Diana Ross. She really knows a lot about Michael, fact! The woman is silent and will remain silent forever. She is also a GREAT example for remaining loyal to Michael.

ivy;3537838 said:
another quote

Cascio tells the story in minute detail of Jackson’s financial situation and the machinations of various people around him during a key period–from 1994 and the Jordy Chandler scandal through 2000, the “Invincible” album, and the arrest in 2003.

:fear:

Soundmind;3537900 said:
I don't want to defend anyone who benefits of MJ's privacy but I have a feeling Grace and others r planning to write books on MJ and I believe if Frank gives details on when and why MJ used specific meds it would be appreciated.

:fear:

Last edited:

^Exactly Ash, and I think it has something to do with them being rich and famous celebrities themselves.

From LSA:
Okay, I've got the book

He does say he married Lisa Marie because he wanted to please the Arabs, he says that was what Mike told him as a kid. They hadn't even known they were dating.

But Frank says his father Dominic thought Mike had married her because he wanted to have kids with her.

Frank says Michael adored her and her kids.

Talks about meeting them together, blah blah, Frank says he thought Lisa was sexy

Says Michael would say Lisa would fight and Mike would just change the subject, he hated confrontation

Says Michael and Lisa loved and respected each other, Michael wasn't emotionally available to Lisa, says Mike wasn't cut out for compromise of marriage.

Six months after Lisa's divorce Mike told him Debbie was gonna make him a father, it was a gift, blah blah.

A road trip in 1996... making a "mind map" (collage of things they wanted to achieve) on Mike's list at the top for girls he wanted to date was Princess Diana...

I don't like the tone of this book. He does write about Mike like JRT or Roger Friedman. My opinion so far is not worth the money...

I prefer someone talking about demerol used to ease crucifying pain and medically was justified instead of people saying demerol just for the sake of getting high.

Frank says his father Dominic thought Mike had married her because he wanted to have kids with her.

Says Michael would say Lisa would fight and Mike would just change the subject, he hated confrontation

Says Michael and Lisa loved and respected each other

He makes it sound like a real relationship though

so "marrying to please the Arabs" didn't make the relationship / love fake.. and a kid and a adult had different perspectives.. see the magic of reading the whole thing?

who is LSA and how did they get a copy of the book?

Lipstick alley

book is out tomorrow. apparently some people got their copies early today from Amazon - probably they live close to Amazon's distribution centers. Kindle will have it at 12:00AM.

Frank's gonna promote his book this week on 'TV'!

laurieeconnors Laurie Connors
Taped a great segment with the insider this morning for my friend michael...it airs on wed, be sure to check it out!!
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Taping "The Insider" with Frank Cascio (@ Ed Sullivan Theatre) 4sq.com/toWa51
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

so "marrying to please the Arabs" didn't make the relationship / love fake.. and a kid and a adult had different perspectives.. see the magic of reading the whole thing?

Lipstick alley

book is out tomorrow. apparently some people got their copies early today from Amazon - probably they live close to Amazon's distribution centers. Kindle will have it at 12:00AM.

Oh ok thank you Ivy..I had NO clue what LSA was...lol....I dont belong to that forum..lol. :)

So the reviews are coming in. I remain unimpressed.

So the reviews are coming in. I remain unimpressed.

It's not a review. She's just flipping the pages and writing juicy and / or interesting parts. If you don't know LSA is a lot more interested in Michael's love and sex life. So she's providing the "tea".

A book review is a form of literary criticism in which a book is analyzed based on content, style, and merit.

Well Ivy I will call them mini reviews then.

Well Ivy I will call them mini reviews then.

I will call it quotes / excerpts :p

review cannot be done without reading the whole book/ article etc..

It's not a review. She's just flipping the pages and writing juicy and / or interesting parts. If you don't know LSA is a lot more interested in Michael's love and sex life. So she's providing the "tea".

A book review is a form of literary criticism in which a book is analyzed based on content, style, and merit.

OH Lord..:blush:,,and that is why I dont belong to LSA...ok...maybe I should learn to lurk...:ninja: :D

First chapter talking about how he met MJ. I think we all know the story. MJ stayed in the hotel where Frank's father was the manager. MJ likes Frank's father and wanted to know him more. Frank's father took Frank to see MJ when Frank was 5. MJ would came to Cascios' home in the midnight. Most of the thing is in the Oprah interview. MJ likes to help Frank's mother to vacuum the house etc. MJ invited them to see the victory tour. During that time visited them a lot. When Frank was in first or second grade, all the student were asked to bring in something meaningful to class for show and tell. He brought the picture of he and MJ (the original cover of the book). The picture was taken the first time he met MJ. The teacher were amazed and told the class that this is MJ and he felt a surge of pride although he didn't fully understand why.

Edit: BTW, he also mentioned that MJ visited them and they would play piano for him. Eddie is the one with gift that he can played when he was 3.

First chapter talking about how he met MJ. I think we all know the story. MJ stayed in the hotel where Frank's father was the manager. MJ likes Frank's father and wanted to know him more. Frank's father took Frank to see MJ when Frank was 5. MJ would came to Cascios' home in the midnight. Most of the thing is in the Oprah interview. MJ likes to help Frank's mother to vacuum the house etc. MJ invited them to see the victory tour. During that time visited them a lot. When Frank was in first or second grade, all the student were asked to bring in something meaningful to class for show and tell. He brought the picture of he and MJ (the original cover of the book). The picture was taken the first time he met MJ. The teacher were amazed and told the class that this is MJ and he felt a surge of pride although he didn't fully understand why.

Edit: BTW, he also mentioned that MJ visited them and they would play piano for him. Eddie is the one with gift that he can played when he was 3.
Cute story so far lol

I will call it quotes / excerpts :p

review cannot be done without reading the whole book/ article etc..
OK Ivy you win again.

From LSA:

Okay, I've got the book

He does say he married Lisa Marie because he wanted to please the Arabs, he says that was what Mike told him as a kid. They hadn't even known they were dating.

But Frank says his father Dominic thought Mike had married her because he wanted to have kids with her.

Talks about meeting them together, blah blah, Frank says he thought Lisa was sexy

Says Michael and Lisa loved and respected each other, Michael wasn't emotionally available to Lisa, says Mike wasn't cut out for compromise of marriage.

Six months after Lisa's divorce Mike told him Debbie was gonna make him a father, it was a gift, blah blah.

A road trip in 1996... making a "mind map" (collage of things they wanted to achieve) on Mike's list at the top for girls he wanted to date was Princess Diana...

I don't like the tone of this book. He does write about Mike like JRT or Roger Friedman. My opinion so far is not worth the money...

:eek:

:wtf:

The rest of the book should be simply WOW. :blink: :fear:

apparently some people got their copies early today from Amazon - probably they live close to Amazon's distribution centers. Kindle will have it at 12:00AM.

I can imagine... There must be huge rows at distribution centers, after all, many fans should be very anxious to read this book. :fear:

Frank's gonna promote his book this week on 'TV'!

Taped a great segment with the insider this morning for my friend michael...it airs on wed, be sure to check it out!!
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Taping "The Insider" with Frank Cascio (@ Ed Sullivan Theatre) 4sq.com/toWa51
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
:horror

Cute story so far lol

:p

Well, the beginning of a book is always interesting :woohoo: :reading: :smilerolleyes:, but then :eek: :swoon: :fear: ... may get worse. :ph34r: Do not praise the book a lot. :nono: :fear:

Ash, your post is really the cutest!

Don't stop with the smilies. I love your style. :punk:

Chapter 2 93 MJ invited them to Neverland. First time to California. Described details about Neverland. He said there's one time that MJ told him when they were in golf cart driving around that he wanted neverland to be like Graceland. He also said MJ is mimic the tour guild's voice and say some thing like if you look here MJ played waterblloon fight and won many times. He said MJ planed it to be graceland long long time ago when MJ built neverland. MJ said it won't open until he died.

Talked about the dream works film studio logo. MJ designed it long time ago and Frank thinks Spielberg got inspired when visit neverland. How MJ build and design every details in neverland and neverland is MJ's heart and soul.

After visiting Neverland, they wanted to go back again. They went back to CA during summer vacation. MJ was busy accepting award from AMA so the bodyguards took he and Eddie to the apartment MJ had in LA. MJ didn't want them to be alone so asked a cousin to come to keep them company. It's Jordy Chandler. He said Jordy looked like a nice kid. He also mentioned that the "applehead" came from one of the episode of three stooges they watched. Frank said MJ asked him to pick the outfit of the award show and that's what MJ wore that night. That night, they played with Jordy. The next day MJ took them, Jordy and Jordy's family to Disney. He said he never saw anything weird between MJ and Jordy.

After they were back to Neverland, Eddie and Frank asked to stay with MJ in his room. MJ let them. MJ told them entertainment gossip. Talked about having dinner with Eddie Murphay and Madonna trying to get to MJ. Said MJ told them the stories about the groupies and his brothers and MJ was exposed to sex too young and that scarred him. As a result, even though MJ was for sure interested in women but was inhibited. MJ told them the marriage of his brother drove the family apart. MJ feared intimacy and didn't want anything distract him from music. He said MJ was so bad in sports that he never understood since MJ had the best sense of rhythm. Frank asked about Jordy not joining them and MJ said "I don't know Jordy never stays in my room, I like it to be just us so we can catch up". Frank said they almost spent whole night talking. He said in the future, MJ would always offered his bed and slept on the floor, but in the end they would all slept on the floor. He said MJ was truly just a kid at heart.

Next night MJ drove them and the Chandlers to Toy stores and let them bought whatever they wanted. He said MJ loved buy all kinds of toys. MJ would pay attention to the new products and know which one is popular. MJ also pay attention to all the things that's popular including songs, books etc and studied them. MJ told him to pursue knowledge to study and be humble. MJ warned him about drugs, cigarette and partying. MJ told him "Have a drink, enjoy yourself but if you can't walk out of a place on your own two feet, you're bum." MJ also taught him that school is not the only place to learn that he can taught himself. They went back to NJ after the summer vacation.

Last edited:
Back