Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

Ash, your post is really the cutest!

Don't stop with the smilies. I love your style. :punk:

:wild:

kermit.gif
?(Frank's book is really a moment Kermit! :fear:)

Thanks! :blushing: ;)

@missred07

you do the summary. I'll read and write a review once I finish it. ok?

@missred07

you do the summary. I'll read and write a review once I finish it. ok?

lol The problem would be I am not native speak and read quite slow lol. It might took quite some time and I am afraid that my English is not good enough to put down the summary lol. I'll tried. If anyone want to go ahead and do the summary when they get the book, feel free to do so.

lol They problem would be I am not native speak and read quite slow lol. It might took quite some time and I am afraid that my English is not good enough to put down the summary lol. I'll tried. If anyone want to go ahead and do the summary when they get the book, feel free to do so.
Please go on, your writing is good and you're doing fine.:D

lol The problem would be I am not native speak and read quite slow lol. It might took quite some time and I am afraid that my English is not good enough to put down the summary lol. I'll tried. If anyone want to go ahead and do the summary when they get the book, feel free to do so.

I'll help if I catch up with where you are.

Thanks for posting the quotes and reviews.

I've been wondering if Frank addresses in his book the mess and drama the Jacksons created regarding the MSG shows. Since they are talking about him getting drugged up on that show, I feel it's only fair to address the crap he had to deal with surrounding this show (aside from his health issues), brought by his own family, which only gave him a headache and bad publicity.

They love to paint themselves as these saviors, but always fail to mention all the stress they gave him, which has always been a part of the problem that contributed to his severe insomnia and drug use IMO. So, it will be interesting to see if Frank addresses this, since it's supposed to be a truthful account.

I think you are doing a great job. Thank you.

Chapter 3 Frank's mom read the news about jordy asked Frank about it. Frank didn't know what molestation mean. Frank's mom cried and said she felt so sorry about MJ. Frank didn't understand how this happened. He said he spent quite a long time with MJ and Jordy and didn't see anything. Jordy won't even sleep in MJ's room. He can't believe MJ being a molester and Jordy to do such thing. He said Jordy is open and honest kid and jordy told him Evan was jealous of MJ. Evan had bad temper and angry that MJ was close to the Chandler family. Frank's parent called MJ to support him. MJ started to exchange fax with them (when fax was quite expensive tech). They will send note and drawing to MJ. MJ told them don't worry about him. MJ suddenly asked them to join in the tour at Israel. They were in school and parent were busy. Frank's father took Frank and Eddie to see MJ. MJ told Frank's father later that he was so grateful that they came. They watched movie with MJ. MJ said he worshiped Bruce Lee and told them all the details about each shots.

They went to Turkey and Michael suddenly decided to trash the hotel room so they did it. Bill Bray got very angry. Bill told them they shouldn't do this and it would leave bad reputation on MJ. Frank said that's the turning point that he think he need to protect Michael and his reputation even from his own actions.

When they talked about the Chandler. He said MJ forgave jordy and think it's all Evan doing this. When he grow up, MJ told him about the play Even wrote. Frank's father need to go back to work. MJ accepted that but when they need to go he broke down crying and asked Dominic letting Frank and Eddie to stay with him. Explain why his parents let them stay with MJ. Said lots of words to praise MJ. He said his parent were very protective of them and his parents knew MJ was innocent. Said MJ's love for children is innocent and misunderstood by people. He said the misunderstanding was the greatest sorrow of MJ's life that he carried it to the end. He said their parents trusted MJ. Frank's father talked to Bill and Bill said MJ's been down and kids keep him going. Frank's parent think they could be the source to comfort MJ so they stayed with MJ.

Edit: MJ's nickname for Eddie is angel.

Last edited:

I wonder at what age is Michael telling them about his exposure to sex and being inhibited. Is this Frank's or Michael's word.

I wonder at what age is Michael telling them about his exposure to sex and being inhibited. Is this Frank's or Michael's word.

He kind of said it's throughout the years MJ told him all these stories about this brother. MJ think it's funny to talk about it but now he doesn't think so. The inhibited comment was from Frank. He did said that MJ told them he saw lots of those thing when he was young (Those of the things we already knew in the American dream TV serious) .

The only thing Frank gave quote is about Madona. I believe his said MJ said this story when they visited MJ in 93. Because Frank said although he was young but already girl crazy.
The story went like this:
Madonna invite MJ to accompany her to her hotel room.
She asked me to join her in her bedroom and I was so shy. I didn't know what to do.
Frank told MJ you should have gone for it. I would have done anything for one night with Madonna.

Last edited:

The only thing Frank gave quote is about Madona. I believe his said MJ said this story when they visited MJ in 93. Because Frank said although he was young but already girl crazy.
The story went like this:
Madonna invite MJ to accompany her to her hotel room.
She asked me to join her in her bedroom and I was so shy. I didn't know what to do.

this reminded me of this

--Madonna visited MJ in the studio exactly one time. They spent a little while in his "private" room in the back, and then she left. When I asked Micheal later about her visit, he said that she "scared" him.

http://axecollectorblog.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

Chapter 4
Eddie and Frank stayed with MJ. Their parents visited them from time to time. Before go to south America, they had a break in Switzerland and Liz offer MJ to use her chalet. It's small village so MJ can walk free anywhere. Frank decide to collect pocketknives so all three of them start to do that. He said MJ had an employee and the sole job is to collect weeks top songs around the worlds. MJ introduced lots music to them. MJ also wrote song when he traveled. Frank quote MJ said to Brad Buxer "play the piano like a 5 year old, if u can play it like a child, it will last forever." The second night at chalet, some unexpected people approach the house and no one but them stayed in the house. MJ jumped up to protect them. It turned out to be a worker checking the house. The fans found out MJ staying there and gathered around. Talked about MJ's relationship with fans. Describe all the craziness when MJ arrive each cities. Dressed in disguise with MJ to shop.

They need to finish their homework and assignment of school by tutor. MJ was their tutor and committed to the job. MJ would went through the assignment with them. Read the book with them and taught them how to think differently. Open their minds and asked them to take it seriously. Besides the assignment, MJ also asked them to keep journals and document the trip. MJ told them they would love it when they look back one day. Each cities they went, Mj would had them take pictures and do research about customs. Asked them to put down the experience.

They watched every shows of Michael when they were with him. MJ would warm up voice for 2 hours and they will play near MJ. They would also chatted with Karen Faye and Michael Bush. Frank said the show never go old. Frank was amazed that some fans can follow MJ show after show. They would go on stage in heal the world. They would do a funny dance named "the house" because it's inspired by MJ's gofer. MJ would also go to do "the house" with them. Explain the dynamics of MJ's performance and said you can see it's most obvious when MJ performed Billie Jean.

Talked about vittiligo. MJ explained to him before and showed him photos of the advanced case. Frank said MJ hated the disease but feel really fortunate that he can afford the treatment to even out the color. MJ told him Klein was the best in the business. Debbie and Klein came to visited MJ at Chile and treated him. Frank like them both. He said Debbie was straight shooter. Eddie and he saw MJ working on the song Stranger in Moscow. Talked about how MJ worked with Brad Buxer. MJ also would start singing and dancing around the hotel. Praise a lot about what MJ taught him about many things. How he started to appeciate the "making". Talked about Eddie's gifts again and how MJ guide him to write music.

Last edited:

^^ Thanks missred
Now this is something very interesting and sweet that MJ was their tutor when they traveled with him and was very commited :)
They need to finish their homework and assignment of school by tutor. MJ was their tutor and committed to the job. MJ would went through the assignment with them. Read the book with them and taught them how to think differently. Open their minds and asked them to take it seriously. Besides the assignment, MJ also asked them to keep journals and document the trip. MJ told them they would love it when they look back one day. Each cities they went, Mj would had them take pictures and do research about customs. Asked them to put down the experience.

^^ Thanks missred
Now this is something very interesting and sweet that MJ was their tutor when they traveled with him and was very commited :)

Yes, I loved this story. It kind of remind me about Jermaine's ex's book Jackson family value. She also talked about how MJ taught her sons how to do homework.

^^ Thanks missred
who was the other Dr ? that came to visit with Klien that Frank liked?
Wow Klien has been trashing Frank over the excerpts. Wonder if he knows the nice thing Frank wrote about him ?
Frank said MJ hated the disease but feel really fortunate that he can afford the treatment to even out the color. MJ told him Klein was the best in the business. DR and Klein came to visited MJ at Chile and treated him. Frank like them both

^^ Thanks missred
who was the other Dr ? that came to visit with Klien that Frank liked?
Wow Klien has been trashing Frank over the excerpts. Wonder is he knows the nice thing Frank wrote about him ?

Where did I mentioned the other doctor??? Did I wrote something not clear enough so people would misunderstand? Debbie Rowe is the one who came with Klein to visit MJ and Frank like them both.

Where did I mentioned the other doctor??? Did I wrote something not clear enough so people would misunderstand? Debbie Rowe is the one who came with Klein to visit MJ and Frank like them both.

You said DR and klien thought you meant doctor and klien. can you edit and put Debbie Rowe please :)

DR = Debbie Rowe :p

You're doing a great job. Thank you.

So far so good. Nice stories about Michael tutoring Frank and Eddie.

Sigh... These are the details never discussed outside of fan community.

Thanks missred07.

Why the girls at LSA say the book is depressing?

To the fans of Michael Jackson—I wrote this book to show you a personal side of Michael that you may or may not know. I hope you can appreciate the human being that he was behind his enormous gifts and talents. For over twenty-five years, my family and I were blessed to experience the world from his perspective. Through Michael’s eyes, the world was a very different place. He was the innocent.

Michael Jackson the superstar—the King of Pop—will be remembered for a long, long time. His work endures—a testament to his deep and powerful connection with millions of people—but somehow the man became obscured and lost behind the legend. This book is about Michael Jackson the man. The mentor who taught me how to make a “mind map.” The friend who loved to feed candy to animals. The prankster who donned a disguise and pretended to be a wheelchair-bound priest. The humanitarian who tried to be as great and generous in his private life as he was in public. The human being. I want Michael to be seen as I saw him, to be understood with all the silly, loving, challenging, imperfect beauty that I loved.

"Next time he came over I bestowed upon him what I considered to be a great gift, one of my most valued possessions: my Garbage Pail Kids card collection. At first he refused to accept them, saying, “No, I can’t take your cards!” But I saw how delighted he was with the collection and insisted: “No, no. I want you to have them.” That was the first present I gave to Michael, and he kept it for the rest of his life (in his mess of a closet at Neverland)."

:wub:

I hate to spoil things for myself, but I'm too curious to wait :lol: and considering that I will not have much time to read in the next couple of weeks... missred07 thank you very much! :thankyou:
For now it seems a good read. :)

Chapter 5
asked people to put their feet in MJ's shoes to think how he went through during 93. He said MJ tried to remained strong and kept saying he had rhinoceros skin but they can see the truth. MJ would sometimes vent to them. MJ would complained that "I had to get up on stage and perform and pretend everything is perfect" I give everything I have, I give the performance that everyone wants to see. Meanwhile my character and reputation are under constant attck. When I step off that stage, people look at me as if I were a criminal." Frank said he and Eddie helped him continue the tour because MJ felt responsible for them and he can't fall apart in front of children. MJ need to be strong for them and this kept him going.

Talked about Maxico city, they didn't expect it's the last stop. MJ was in extreme pain every night said MJ dehydrated and need doctors to help him recover. Give nutrient through IV and drank protein supplement drink. He said doctors would give MJ medicine to help him sleep. He said he didn't know at time but learned later it's demerol. Said MJ was introduced to prescription medicine because pepsi accident. The doctor gave him painkiller because of the horrible pain. He said maybe it's doctor's instruction but he said it may have been MJ's idea because he need to escape the pressure. Talked about how hard for MJ to perform every night physically. On top of that is the mental pressure from the accusation. He said he can't tell MJ was upset or overwhelmed but his father saw MJ was under lots pressure when visiting them.

Frank said MJ only had two options. One is give up but MJ won't want to show weakness. He wanted to prove he was innocent. He had to go to endure it. He said the "medicine" MJ used to fall asleep didn't affect his experience of MJ. The doctor came and MJ went to bed. Frank didn't know much and say the doctors was there to make sure he was healthy. He was young and believe the doctors are always good to cure patient.

Mentioned one incident. MJ helping them doing homework and suddenly in the middle of conversation said "mommy I want to go to disneyland and see mickey mouse. He was confused and asked applehead are you ok? He said MJ snapped back to reality and didn't realize what he said. When Frank told him MJ said it must be the medicine. Frank was worried and asked doctor and the doctor said it's side effect. He was 13 so he trusted the doctors. He said MJ revealing the deepest truth that he wanted to be a kid and his parents can take him to disneyland.

Mentioned another incident. in Santiago hotel hot tub. They were playing around with MJ in hot tub. MJ said I am going to hold my breath and slipped under water and never got up. He scared and pulled MJ up and asked applehead are u ok? MJ was conscious but a little out of it and said yeah I don't know what happened I must have fallen asleep. He said it might sound strange but he believe MJ was sober that time. Later throughout the years, he said he can tell whether MJ was on something and he really believe MJ was sober that day. He said it's like MJ can't believe what happened and kept apologizing that he didn't want to scare them.

Frank said he though MJ was fine until Liz showed up in Mexico city. Frank said his dad is the one who arranged the first meet of MJ and Liz. (talked about the story how Frank's dad deliver the message for MJ to Liz) Said Liz told them before the show that MJ didn't feel good and need to get some help. They watched the last show and was sad that the tour got cancelled. They went with MJ to airport and all cried like babies. They went back to hotel with one of the security pretending to be MJ. They slept on MJ's bed and talked almost all night.

Frank claimed in later years, MJ explained to him that the cancellation of the tour had nothing to do with drug addiction. It's because the next city was Puerto Rico and it's on American soil. If MJ entered US at that time, he might got arrested. MJ's team came up with a way to get him out and the only way to guarantee the cancellation be covered by insurance would be MJ opted out. ???!!!

So Frank claimed what the news reported that MJ tried to flee to UK was true???? hum? or it's just MJ's explanation about the drug use?

BTW, Going to sleep, 1am now.

Last edited:

It looks like the book will have not only to many details not heard of before but also alot of contradictions too....smh

a quick scan.. and food for thought

"my parents obviously weren’t with Michael round the clock as I was and didn’t have the same exposure to his behavior."

"I don’t live with chronic pain, but as I dealt with my leg, which took a month to heal, I had a taste of what it was like to be hurting all the time. It was hard to sleep.All I wanted was for the pain to go away, and I could see how someone in this situation might become increasingly desperate for relief. I also saw that relief from physical pain came with a seductive side effect. If you were unhappy with your life, the drug had the power to make you forget your unhappiness."

"After that night (Christmas 2000) , Michael never took medicine in New Jersey again"

Michael was calm. “Well, I was told you didn’t want to testify. You weren’t going to testify in my time of need. That hurt me, after all I’ve done for you,” he replied.
“Who told you that?” I asked angrily. “It’s not true. Your attorney, Tom, told my attorney, Joe, that they did not need me to testify.”
“I don’t remember who told me. That’s what I was told.”

you're doing a great job !!! Thank you really very very much

Exclusive Audio: Frank Cascio Reads the Prologue to “My Friend Michael”

Today Frank Cascio publishes his extraordinary book, “My Friend Michael,” about his life with Michael Jackson, from Harper Collins. The publisher has shared with this site exclusively Cascio reading the prologue of the book. (Official publication date is today.) Michael Jackson fans have almost as much trouble with the Cascio family as the Jacksons and co-executor John McClain. Dominic Cascio, his wife Connie, and their kids became Jackson’s second family some twenty years ago. Michael loved the Cascios. As far as I can tell, the family never took advantage of him. They housed him when he was homeless. They accepted him. When Jackson needed people around him who didn’t want anything, he went to the Cascios. Jackson fans are making a mistake, I think, when they don’t appreciate that the Cascios are Michael’s true heirs. He spent vastly more time than with anyone else starting in the
early 90s.

Press the play button to hear Frank, exclusively.
http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/11/1...ascio-reads-the-prologue-to-my-friend-michael
MJ.AND_.FRANK_.30TH.2-300x218.jpg

From the book:

“When Michael and I had free time at Neverland Ranch, his 2,700-acre fantastical home/amusement park/zoo/retreat near Santa Barbara, we liked to kick back and relax. Sometimes he would ask me if we should just get some movies, stay in, and “stink.” (Michael had a particular affinity for juvenile jokes about body odor.) On one of those days, when the sun was just about to set, Michael said, “Come on, Frank. Let’s go up to the mountain.” Neverland was nestled in the Santa Ynez Valley, and mountains surrounded the property. He named the tallest one Mount Katherine, after his mother. The property had numerous paths that led up to the peaks, where the sunsets were extraordinary. We drove up one of those paths on a golf cart, sat down, and watched the sun flame out behind the mountains, shadowing them in purple. It was there that I finally understood the “purple mountain majesties” of “America the Beautiful.”

Sometimes helicopters flew over the property, trying to take pictures. Once or twice they saw us up in the mountains, and we sprinted away from them, trying to hide behind trees. But this time all was still. Michael was in a reflective mood, and he started talking about the rumors and accusations that plagued him. He found it all both funny and sad. At first he said he didn’t think he should have to explain himself to anyone. But then his tone changed.

“If people only knew how I really am, they would understand,” he said, his voice tinged with equal parts hope and frustration. We sat there in silence for a bit, both of us wishing there were a way for him to reveal himself, to have people truly understand who he was and how he lived.”

Audio and text c2011 Frank Cascio courtesy of HarperCollins

Michael was calm. “Well, I was told you didn’t want to testify. You weren’t going to testify in my time of need. That hurt me, after all I’ve done for you,” he replied.
“Who told you that?” I asked angrily. “It’s not true. Your attorney, Tom, told my attorney, Joe, that they did not need me to testify.”
“I don’t remember who told me. That’s what I was told.”

I find this odd and hard to believe. Why wouldn't T-Mez tell MJ this if it was true and why would MJ not ask T-mez if he was wondering about Frank? MJ Talk to T-Mez all the time including early hrs of the morning when he couldn't sleep & would call him. MJ was hands on in his own defense so I find this hard to believe. Also why don't Frank remember who told him that but, can remember who told his lawyer? o_O I wanna know who told MJ this since it's clear T-Mez didn't? So MJ had to wait until he was exonerated to find out about this? Huh?!

They housed him when he was homeless. They accepted him. When Jackson needed people around him who didn’t want anything, he went to the Cascios. Jackson fans are making a mistake, I think, when they don’t appreciate that the Cascios are Michael’s true heirs. He spent vastly more time than with anyone else starting in the
early 90s.
When was MJ homeless? He could have bought a house whenever he wanted to after he left Neverland and the only TRUE HEIRS ARE MJ KIDS!

"my parents obviously weren’t with Michael round the clock as I was and didn’t have the same exposure to his behavior."

So I guess the book will come to a shock for them too, how nice.

And isn't Roger Friedman suppose to be banned? Are we now doing what La Toya said forgiving and forgetting? SMH

Last edited:

I have no issues with a non-sugar coated account of MJ - I know of many who will, whether it gets reported in the media or not.

I have a major issue with a non-sugar coated account of MJ, if it's not reported fairly (i.e. not all bad), and for selfish reasons (i.e. $$$), at completely the wrong time (i.e. trial).

If he'd released the book after the trial was long over, and given all the profits to a children's charity, I could find it easier to accept.

The book IS released after the trial? The original report states that the proceeds (don't know what %) were going to help build schools in Hati, I don't know if it's still the case, it is one question I asked in the Q & A.

emoticons_487_0484.gif

And Diana Ross. She really knows a lot about Michael, fact! The woman is silent and will remain silent forever. She is also a GREAT example for remaining loyal to Michael.

:fear:

For the reasons I stated earlier I don't agree.

I prefer someone talking about demerol used to ease crucifying pain and medically was justified instead of people saying demerol just for the sake of getting high.

Absolutely, and with so many labelling him simply as a drug addict, Michael deserves this to be clarified and put into perspective.

Chapter 5
asked people to put their feet in MJ's shoes to think how he went through during 93. He said MJ tried to remained strong and kept saying he had rhinoceros skin but they can see the truth. MJ would sometimes vent to them. MJ would complained that "I had to get up on stage and perform and pretend everything is perfect" I give everything I have, I give the performance that everyone wants to see. Meanwhile my character and reputation are under constant attck. When I step off that stage, people look at me as if I were a criminal." Frank said he and Eddie helped him continue the tour because MJ felt responsible for them and he can't fall apart in front of children. MJ need to be strong for them and this kept him going.

Talked about Maxico city, they didn't expect it's the last stop. MJ was in extreme pain every night said MJ dehydrated and need doctors to help him recover. Give nutrient through IV and drank protein supplement drink. He said doctors would give MJ medicine to help him sleep. He said he didn't know at time but learned later it's demerol. Said MJ was introduced to prescription medicine because pepsi accident. The doctor gave him painkiller because of the horrible pain. He said maybe it's doctor's instruction but he said it may have been MJ's idea because he need to escape the pressure. Talked about how hard for MJ to perform every night physically. On top of that is the mental pressure from the accusation. He said he can't tell MJ was upset or overwhelmed but his father saw MJ was under lots pressure when visiting them.

Frank said MJ only had two options. One is give up but MJ won't want to show weakness. He wanted to prove he was innocent. He had to go to endure it. He said the "medicine" MJ used to fall asleep didn't affect his experience of MJ. The doctor came and MJ went to bed. Frank didn't know much and say the doctors was there to make sure he was healthy. He was young and believe the doctors are always good to cure patient.

Mentioned one incident. MJ helping them doing homework and suddenly in the middle of conversation said "mommy I want to go to disneyland and see mickey mouse. He was confused and asked applehead are you ok? He said MJ snapped back to reality and didn't realize what he said. When Frank told him MJ said it must be the medicine. Frank was worried and asked doctor and the doctor said it's side effect. He was 13 so he trusted the doctors. He said MJ revealing the deepest truth that he wanted to be a kid and his parents can take him to disneyland.

Mentioned another incident. in Santiago hotel hot tub. They were playing around with MJ in hot tub. MJ said I am going to hold my breath and slipped under water and never got up. He scared and pulled MJ up and asked applehead are u ok? MJ was conscious but a little out of it and said yeah I don't know what happened I must have fallen asleep. He said it might sound strange but he believe MJ was sober that time. Later throughout the years, he said he can tell whether MJ was on something and he really believe MJ was sober that day. He said it's like MJ can't believe what happened and kept apologizing that he didn't want to scare them.

Frank said he though MJ was fine until Liz showed up in Mexico city. Frank said his dad is the one who arranged the first meet of MJ and Liz. (talked about the story how Frank's dad deliver the message for MJ to Liz) Said Liz told them before the show that MJ didn't feel good and need to get some help. They watched the last show and was sad that the tour got cancelled. They went with MJ to airport and all cried like babies. They went back to hotel with one of the security pretending to be MJ. They slept on MJ's bed and talked almost all night.

Frank claimed in later years, MJ explained to him that the cancellation of the tour had nothing to do with drug addiction. It's because the next city was Puerto Rico and it's on American soil. If MJ entered US at that time, he might got arrested. MJ's team came up with a way to get him out and the only way to guarantee the cancellation be covered by insurance would be MJ opted out. ???!!!

So Frank claimed what the news reported that MJ tried to flee to UK was true???? hum? or it's just MJ's explanation about the drug use?

BTW, Going to sleep, 1am now.

Thank you missred07, I have created a FB article with your summary I hope you are OK https://www.facebook.com/notes/lid-...nks-to-misssred07-from-mjjc/10150370468777333

Back