Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Roger Friedman keeps supporting Cascios and fighting againts Jacksons & McClain. Now we know where all his insiders news came from and also we now know why he promotes the Cascios at the end of 2010.

By the way, "Cascios are Michael’s true heirs"? what the hell are you thinking Roger?.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

I do hope that when this book is released that my criticism if the yet to be released book has been proven wrong. But at present I am concerned about the content of the book. With Frank "allegedly" saying Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe were "contractual", and all this smoking weed crap. I have cancelled my order for the book, and will wait until I read fan reviews of the book before I consider buying it.

According to one LSA member, who got the book today, he said MJ adored LMP and her kids. He said they both loved and respected each other.

Excerpt sent from Harper Collins

1zzp7oy.jpg

PROLOGUE

As I drove my car through the dark cobblestone streets of Castelbuono, Italy, I turned my phone on. Text messages started rolling in, one on top of another, so fast that I couldn’t read them. Flashes of phrases like “Is it true?” and “Are you okay?” piled on top of one another on the screen, layers of questions and concern. I had no idea what news they were talking about, but I knew it wasn’t good.

In Castelbuono, my family’s hometown, many people have two homes, one in the town, where they work, and a summer retreat up in the mountains, where they plant vegetable gardens and tend fig trees. I had spent the evening at the summer home of the man who had rented me a house down in the town. He had invited me to a dinner party with six or seven other people, and I was the guest of honor, because in Castelbuono, having flown in from New York is reason enough to be warmly and widely welcomed.

It was June 25, 2009. There weren’t many of us at the table, but as at any good Italian dinner party, there was more than enough food, wine, and grappa. During the dinner, I turned off my phone. Having spent years of my life tethered to a cell phone, I’ve grown to love those moments when good manners force me to shut it down. The other guests and I lingered in the balmy night, then finally said our good-byes to our host, and around midnight I headed with a few friends back to the house I’d rented, following my cousin Dario’s car down the dirt mountain roads into the city.

Now, as the stream of text messages flooded my phone, my cousin Dario’s car swerved suddenly to the side of the road and came to an abrupt stop. As soon as I saw him pull over, I knew that what I was starting to glean from the texts had to be true. I rolled to a stop behind Dario. He ran toward my car, shouting, “Michael’s dead! Michael’s dead!”

I got out of my car and started walking down the road, with no plan or destination. I was numb. Shocked.

I don’t know how much time passed before I finally dialed one of Michael’s most loyal employees, a woman I’ll call Karen Smith. Was this one of Michael’s schemes? A prank on the press or an ill-conceived attempt to get out of a concert? Sadly, Karen confirmed that what I had heard was true. We cried on the phone together. We didn’t say much. We just cried.

After I hung up the phone, I just kept walking. My friends were still waiting back in my car. My cousin was following behind me saying, “Frank, get in the car. Come on, Frank.” But I didn’t want to be around anyone.

“I’ll meet you at home,” I called out as I walked away from them. “I just want everyone to get away from me.”

And then I was alone. I walked up and down the cobblestone streets, under the streetlights, late into the summer night. Michael, who was a father, a mentor, a brother, a friend. Michael, who was the center of my world for so long. Michael Jackson was gone.

I’d first met Michael when I was four years old, and it hadn’t taken long for him to become a close friend of my family’s, visiting our home in New Jersey, spending Christmases with us. As a child, I’d spent many vacations at Neverland, both with the rest of my family and alone. As teenagers, my brother, Eddie, and I had joined Michael to keep him company on the Dangerous tour. When I was eighteen, having grown up with Michael as a mentor and friend, I went to work for him, first as his personal assistant, then as his personal manager. To be honest, I didn’t ever have a clear title for my position, but it was always personal. I helped to conceive the idea for a network television special honoring his thirty years in show business. I was alongside him as he made the Invincible album. And when Michael was falsely accused of child molestation for the second time, I was named as an unindicted co-conspirator. The pressure of that trial was more than any friendship should be expected to bear. For nearly all of my life, until Michael’s death—over twenty years in all—I was with him in one capacity or another, through ups and downs, struggles and celebrations, always as a close friend and confidant.

Knowing Michael was both an ordinary and an extraordinary experience. From the very beginning (almost—after all, I was only four), I knew that Michael was special, different, a visionary. When he walked into a room, he was captivating. There are plenty of special people in the world, but Michael had a magic about him, as if he were chosen, touched by God. Wherever he went, Michael created experiences. His concerts. His Neverland estate. His midnight adventures in far-flung cities. He entertained stadiums full of people, and he enthralled me.

But at the same time, he was a regular, expected presence. I always appreciated the moments we shared. But I never looked at him as a superstar. He was my friend, my family. I knew I wasn’t living a traditional life. Not compared to what my friends were doing. I knew this was not normal. But it was my normal.

It was no accident that when I heard the news of Michael’s death, I walked away from my friends and family. From the very beginning, I kept my relationship with Michael to myself; his fame required that his friends be discreet. When I was a kid, it was easy enough to just compartmentalize. I had one life at home in New Jersey, going to school and playing soccer, occasionally bussing tables and cooking at my family’s restaurants, and another with Michael, having adventures and hanging around. The two never intersected. I did my best to keep them separate.

When I started working for Michael, I moved into a completely confidential world and the rest of my life took second place. I didn’t talk about what happened at work, not the everyday details of what had to get done, not the darkest moments of false accusations and insane media spectacle, not the joyful moments helping children and making music.

Living in Michael’s world was a rare and special opportunity, of course, and that was why I stayed there. But, without my realizing it, the discretion affected me. From a very young age, I trained myself not to talk freely. I kept everything inside and suppressed most of my reactions and emotions. I was never one hundred percent open or free. That’s not to say I lied—except, I’ll admit, when I was working for Michael and told people I’d just met that I was a door-to-door Tupperware salesman and that I was very proud of the plastic we manufactured. Or that my family was from Switzerland and was in the chocolate business. With my close friends and family, I never lied, but when it came to my experiences with Michael, I chose every word I said carefully. Michael was a private person, and so am I. I didn’t want to call attention to myself or to have people look at me differently because of my connection to Michael, and I certainly didn’t want to be the source of any gossip about him. There was plenty of that already. Speaking is revealing. It’s still hard for me to talk freely: I always think, and think again, before speaking.

Over the course of our relationship, Michael played many roles. He was a second father, a teacher, a brother, a friend, a child. I look at myself, and I see the way my experiences with Michael have shaped and molded who I am, for better and for worse. Michael was the greatest teacher in the world—to me personally and to many of his fans. At first I was a sponge. I agreed with all of his thoughts and beliefs and signed on to them. From him I learned the values of tolerance, loyalty, truthfulness.

As I got older, our relationship evolved, and I began to see more clearly that he wasn’t perfect. I became a protector of sorts, helping him through the hardest times. I was there for him when he needed a friend—to talk, to brainstorm and conceptualize ideas, to just hang out. Michael knew he could trust me.

When Michael and I had free time at Neverland Ranch, his 2,700-acre fantastical home/amusement park/zoo/retreat near Santa Barbara, we liked to kick back and relax. Sometimes he would ask me if we should just get some movies, stay in, and “stink.” (Michael had a particular affinity for juvenile jokes about body odor.) On one of those days, when the sun was just about to set, Michael said, “Come on, Frank. Let’s go up to the mountain.” Neverland was nestled in the Santa Ynez Valley, and mountains surrounded the property. He named the tallest one Mount Katherine, after his mother. The property had numerous paths that led up to the peaks, where the sunsets were extraordinary. We drove up one of those paths on a golf cart, sat down, and watched the sun flame out behind the mountains, shadowing them in purple. It was there that I finally understood the “purple mountain majesties” of “America the Beautiful.”

Sometimes helicopters flew over the property, trying to take pictures. Once or twice they saw us up in the mountains, and we sprinted away from them, trying to hide behind trees. But this time all was still. Michael was in a reflective mood, and he started talking about the rumors and accusations that plagued him. He found it all both funny and sad. At first he said he didn’t think he should have to explain himself to anyone. But then his tone changed.

“If people only knew how I really am, they would understand,” he said, his voice tinged with equal parts hope and frustration. We sat there in silence for a bit, both of us wishing there were a way for him to reveal himself, to have people truly understand who he was and how he lived.

I think about that night often as I mull over the roots of Michael’s predicament. People fear or are intimidated by what they don’t understand. Most of us lead familiar lives. We do what our parents or the other role models around us have done. We follow a safe, comfortable, easily categorized path. It’s not hard to find other people who lead lives similar to those we chose. This was not the case with Michael. From the very first, alongside his family and later on his own, he forged a completely original path. Innocent and childlike as he was, he was also a complicated man. It was hard for people to know him because they hadn’t seen anyone like him before, and, in all likelihood, never would again.

Michael’s life ended abruptly and unexpectedly. And when it did, he was still misunderstood. Michael Jackson the superstar—the King of Pop—will be remembered for a long, long time. His work endures—a testament to his deep and powerful connection with millions of people—but somehow the man became obscured and lost behind the legend.

This book is about Michael Jackson the man. The mentor who taught me how to make a “mind map.” The friend who loved to feed candy to animals. The prankster who donned a disguise and pretended to be a wheelchair-bound priest. The humanitarian who tried to be as great and generous in his private life as he was in public. The human being. I want Michael to be seen as I saw him, to be understood with all the silly, loving, challenging, imperfect beauty that I loved.

My greatest hope is that, as you read this book, you can put aside all the scandals, all the rumors, all the cruel jokes that surrounded him later in his life, and come to know him through my eyes. This is our story. It’s the story of growing up with a guy who happened to have one of the most recognizable faces in the world. It’s the story of an ordinary friendship with an extraordinary man. It started simply; it shifted and evolved as we both grew and changed; it struggled for a footing when people and circumstances came between us . . . and most of all, it endured. Michael was a rare being. He wanted to give greatness to the world. I want to share him with you.

To collect them all together

missred07;3538094 said:
lol Went back home and found out my mom ordered this book for me for thanksgiving. I already got the book sent from amazon when I got home 10 minutes ago and I will read it tonight and see if I am going to return it.

Here are the Chapters in the book

Part One applehead club
1 a new freind
2 the ranch
3 good bye normal life
4 extraordinary world
5 the toll
6 2 worlds
7 making HIStory
8 mind maps
9 new father

Part two Frank Tyson and Mr. Jackson
10 stepping up
11 new shoes
12 life at neverland
13 100 songs
14 helpless
15 the unexpected
16 hitting bottom
17 the show goes on
18 interlude

part 3 Michael and me
19 method to my madness
20 misunderstood
21 false charges
22 justice
23 reconciliation
24 the unthinkable

missred07;3538171 said:
First chapter talking about how he met MJ. I think we all know the story. MJ stayed in the hotel where Frank's father was the manager. MJ likes Frank's father and wanted to know him more. Frank's father took Frank to see MJ when Frank was 5. MJ would came to Cascios' home in the midnight. Most of the thing is in the Oprah interview. MJ likes to help Frank's mother to vacuum the house etc. MJ invited them to see the victory tour. During that time visited them a lot. When Frank was in first or second grade, all the student were asked to bring in something meaningful to class for show and tell. He brought the picture of he and MJ (the original cover of the book). The picture was taken the first time he met MJ. The teacher were amazed and told the class that this is MJ and he felt a surge of pride although he didn't fully understand why.

Edit: BTW, he also mentioned that MJ visited them and they would play piano for him. Eddie is the one with gift that he can played when he was 3.

missred07;3538201 said:
Chapter 2 93 MJ invited them to Neverland. First time to California. Described details about Neverland. He said there's one time that MJ told him when they were in golf cart driving around that he wanted neverland to be like Graceland. He also said MJ is mimic the tour guild's voice and say some thing like if you look here MJ played waterblloon fight and won many times. He said MJ planed it to be graceland long long time ago when MJ built neverland. MJ said it won't open until he died.

Talked about the dream works film studio logo. MJ designed it long time ago and Frank thinks Spielberg got inspired when visit neverland. How MJ build and design every details in neverland and neverland is MJ's heart and soul.

After visiting Neverland, they wanted to go back again. They went back to CA during summer vacation. MJ was busy accepting award from AMA so the bodyguards took he and Eddie to the apartment MJ had in LA. MJ didn't want them to be alone so asked a cousin to come to keep them company. It's Jordy Chandler. He said Jordy looked like a nice kid. He also mentioned that the "applehead" came from one of the episode of three stooges they watched. Frank said MJ asked him to pick the outfit of the award show and that's what MJ wore that night. That night, they played with Jordy. The next day MJ took them, Jordy and Jordy's family to Disney. He said he never saw anything weird between MJ and Jordy.

After they were back to Neverland, Eddie and Frank asked to stay with MJ in his room. MJ let them. MJ told them entertainment gossip. Talked about having dinner with Eddie Murphay and Madonna trying to get to MJ. Said MJ told them the stories about the groupies and his brothers and MJ was exposed to sex too young and that scarred him. As a result, even though MJ was for sure interested in women but was inhibited. MJ told them the marriage of his brother drove the family apart. MJ feared intimacy and didn't want anything distract him from music. He said MJ was so bad in sports that he never understood since MJ had the best sense of rhythm. Frank asked about Jordy not joining them and MJ said "I don't know Jordy never stays in my room, I like it to be just us so we can catch up". Frank said they almost spent whole night talking. He said in the future, MJ would always offered his bed and slept on the floor, but in the end they would all slept on the floor. He said MJ was truly just a kid at heart.

Next night MJ drove them and the Chandlers to Toy stores and let them bought whatever they wanted. He said MJ loved buy all kinds of toys. MJ would pay attention to the new products and know which one is popular. MJ also pay attention to all the things that's popular including songs, books etc and studied them. MJ told him to pursue knowledge to study and be humble. MJ warned him about drugs, cigarette and partying. MJ told him "Have a drink, enjoy yourself but if you can't walk out of a place on your own two feet, you're bum." MJ also taught him that school is not the only place to learn that he can taught himself. They went back to NJ after the summer vacation.

missred07;3538219 said:
Chapter 3 Frank's mom read the news about jordy asked Frank about it. Frank didn't know what molestation mean. Frank's mom cried and said she felt so sorry about MJ. Frank didn't understand how this happened. He said he spent quite a long time with MJ and Jordy and didn't see anything. Jordy won't even sleep in MJ's room. He can't believe MJ being a molester and Jordy to do such thing. He said Jordy is open and honest kid and jordy told him Evan was jealous of MJ. Evan had bad temper and angry that MJ was close to the Chandler family. Frank's parent called MJ to support him. MJ started to exchange fax with them (when fax was quite expensive tech). They will send note and drawing to MJ. MJ told them don't worry about him. MJ suddenly asked them to join in the tour at Israel. They were in school and parent were busy. Frank's father took Frank and Eddie to see MJ. MJ told Frank's father later that he was so grateful that they came. They watched movie with MJ. MJ said he worshiped Bruce Lee and told them all the details about each shots.

They went to Turkey and Michael suddenly decided to trash the hotel room so they did it. Bill Bray got very angry. Bill told them they shouldn't do this and it would leave bad reputation on MJ. Frank said that's the turning point that he think he need to protect Michael and his reputation even from his own actions.

When they talked about the Chandler. He said MJ forgave jordy and think it's all Evan doing this. When he grow up, MJ told him about the play Even wrote. Frank's father need to go back to work. MJ accepted that but when they need to go he broke down crying and asked Dominic letting Frank and Eddie to stay with him. Explain why his parents let them stay with MJ. Said lots of words to praise MJ. He said his parent were very protective of them and his parents knew MJ was innocent. Said MJ's love for children is innocent and misunderstood by people. He said the misunderstanding was the greatest sorrow of MJ's life that he carried it to the end. He said their parents trusted MJ. Frank's father talked to Bill and Bill said MJ's been down and kids keep him going. Frank's parent think they could be the source to comfort MJ so they stayed with MJ.

Edit: MJ's nickname for Eddie is angel.

missred07;3538232 said:
Chapter 4
Eddie and Frank stayed with MJ. Their parents visited them from time to time. Before go to south America, they had a break in Switzerland and Liz offer MJ to use her chalet. It's small village so MJ can walk free anywhere. Frank decide to collect pocketknives so all three of them start to do that. He said MJ had an employee and the sole job is to collect weeks top songs around the worlds. MJ introduced lots music to them. MJ also wrote song when he traveled. Frank quote MJ said to Brad Buxer "play the piano like a 5 year old, if u can play it like a child, it will last forever." The second night at chalet, some unexpected people approach the house and no one but them stayed in the house. MJ jumped up to protect them. It turned out to be a worker checking the house. The fans found out MJ staying there and gathered around. Talked about MJ's relationship with fans. Describe all the craziness when MJ arrive each cities. Dressed in disguise with MJ to shop.

They need to finish their homework and assignment of school by tutor. MJ was their tutor and committed to the job. MJ would went through the assignment with them. Read the book with them and taught them how to think differently. Open their minds and asked them to take it seriously. Besides the assignment, MJ also asked them to keep journals and document the trip. MJ told them they would love it when they look back one day. Each cities they went, Mj would had them take pictures and do research about customs. Asked them to put down the experience.

They watched every shows of Michael when they were with him. MJ would warm up voice for 2 hours and they will play near MJ. They would also chatted with Karen Faye and Michael Bush. Frank said the show never go old. Frank was amazed that some fans can follow MJ show after show. They would go on stage in heal the world. They would do a funny dance named "the house" because it's inspired by MJ's gofer. MJ would also go to do "the house" with them. Explain the dynamics of MJ's performance and said you can see it's most obvious when MJ performed Billie Jean.

Talked about vittiligo. MJ explained to him before and showed him photos of the advanced case. Frank said MJ hated the disease but feel really fortunate that he can afford the treatment to even out the color. MJ told him Klein was the best in the business. Debbie and Klein came to visited MJ at Chile and treated him. Frank like them both. He said Debbie was straight shooter. Eddie and he saw MJ working on the song Stranger in Moscow. Talked about how MJ worked with Brad Buxer. MJ also would start singing and dancing around the hotel. Praise a lot about what MJ taught him about many things. How he started to appeciate the "making". Talked about Eddie's gifts again and how MJ guide him to write music.

missred07;3538251 said:
Chapter 5
asked people to put their feet in MJ's shoes to think how he went through during 93. He said MJ tried to remained strong and kept saying he had rhinoceros skin but they can see the truth. MJ would sometimes vent to them. MJ would complained that "I had to get up on stage and perform and pretend everything is perfect" I give everything I have, I give the performance that everyone wants to see. Meanwhile my character and reputation are under constant attck. When I step off that stage, people look at me as if I were a criminal." Frank said he and Eddie helped him continue the tour because MJ felt responsible for them and he can't fall apart in front of children. MJ need to be strong for them and this kept him going.

Talked about Maxico city, they didn't expect it's the last stop. MJ was in extreme pain every night said MJ dehydrated and need doctors to help him recover. Give nutrient through IV and drank protein supplement drink. He said doctors would give MJ medicine to help him sleep. He said he didn't know at time but learned later it's demerol. Said MJ was introduced to prescription medicine because pepsi accident. The doctor gave him painkiller because of the horrible pain. He said maybe it's doctor's instruction but he said it may have been MJ's idea because he need to escape the pressure. Talked about how hard for MJ to perform every night physically. On top of that is the mental pressure from the accusation. He said he can't tell MJ was upset or overwhelmed but his father saw MJ was under lots pressure when visiting them.

Frank said MJ only had two options. One is give up but MJ won't want to show weakness. He wanted to prove he was innocent. He had to go to endure it. He said the "medicine" MJ used to fall asleep didn't affect his experience of MJ. The doctor came and MJ went to bed. Frank didn't know much and say the doctors was there to make sure he was healthy. He was young and believe the doctors are always good to cure patient.

Mentioned one incident. MJ helping them doing homework and suddenly in the middle of conversation said "mommy I want to go to disneyland and see mickey mouse. He was confused and asked applehead are you ok? He said MJ snapped back to reality and didn't realize what he said. When Frank told him MJ said it must be the medicine. Frank was worried and asked doctor and the doctor said it's side effect. He was 13 so he trusted the doctors. He said MJ revealing the deepest truth that he wanted to be a kid and his parents can take him to disneyland.

Mentioned another incident. in Santiago hotel hot tub. They were playing around with MJ in hot tub. MJ said I am going to hold my breath and slipped under water and never got up. He scared and pulled MJ up and asked applehead are u ok? MJ was conscious but a little out of it and said yeah I don't know what happened I must have fallen asleep. He said it might sound strange but he believe MJ was sober that time. Later throughout the years, he said he can tell whether MJ was on something and he really believe MJ was sober that day. He said it's like MJ can't believe what happened and kept apologizing that he didn't want to scare them.

Frank said he though MJ was fine until Liz showed up in Mexico city. Frank said his dad is the one who arranged the first meet of MJ and Liz. (talked about the story how Frank's dad deliver the message for MJ to Liz) Said Liz told them before the show that MJ didn't feel good and need to get some help. They watched the last show and was sad that the tour got cancelled. They went with MJ to airport and all cried like babies. They went back to hotel with one of the security pretending to be MJ. They slept on MJ's bed and talked almost all night.

Frank claimed in later years, MJ explained to him that the cancellation of the tour had nothing to do with drug addiction. It's because the next city was Puerto Rico and it's on American soil. If MJ entered US at that time, he might got arrested. MJ's team came up with a way to get him out and the only way to guarantee the cancellation be covered by insurance would be MJ opted out. ???!!!

So Frank claimed what the news reported that MJ tried to flee to UK was true???? hum? or it's just MJ's explanation about the drug use?

BTW, Going to sleep, 1am now.

ivy;3538247 said:
To the fans of Michael Jackson—I wrote this book to show you a personal side of Michael that you may or may not know. I hope you can appreciate the human being that he was behind his enormous gifts and talents. For over twenty-five years, my family and I were blessed to experience the world from his perspective. Through Michael’s eyes, the world was a very different place. He was the innocent.

Michael Jackson the superstar—the King of Pop—will be remembered for a long, long time. His work endures—a testament to his deep and powerful connection with millions of people—but somehow the man became obscured and lost behind the legend. This book is about Michael Jackson the man. The mentor who taught me how to make a “mind map.” The friend who loved to feed candy to animals. The prankster who donned a disguise and pretended to be a wheelchair-bound priest. The humanitarian who tried to be as great and generous in his private life as he was in public. The human being. I want Michael to be seen as I saw him, to be understood with all the silly, loving, challenging, imperfect beauty that I loved.

"Next time he came over I bestowed upon him what I considered to be a great gift, one of my most valued possessions: my Garbage Pail Kids card collection. At first he refused to accept them, saying, “No, I can’t take your cards!” But I saw how delighted he was with the collection and insisted: “No, no. I want you to have them.” That was the first present I gave to Michael, and he kept it for the rest of his life (in his mess of a closet at Neverland)."

:wub:

ivy;3538260 said:
a quick scan.. and food for thought

"my parents obviously weren’t with Michael round the clock as I was and didn’t have the same exposure to his behavior."

"I don’t live with chronic pain, but as I dealt with my leg, which took a month to heal, I had a taste of what it was like to be hurting all the time. It was hard to sleep.All I wanted was for the pain to go away, and I could see how someone in this situation might become increasingly desperate for relief. I also saw that relief from physical pain came with a seductive side effect. If you were unhappy with your life, the drug had the power to make you forget your unhappiness."

"After that night (Christmas 2000) , Michael never took medicine in New Jersey again"

Michael was calm. “Well, I was told you didn’t want to testify. You weren’t going to testify in my time of need. That hurt me, after all I’ve done for you,” he replied.
“Who told you that?” I asked angrily. “It’s not true. Your attorney, Tom, told my attorney, Joe, that they did not need me to testify.”
“I don’t remember who told me. That’s what I was told.”

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Chapter 6
Eddie and Frank got back home and draw lot of media attention. Media camp outside of their school and home. Parents told them to watch out their mouth. Draw lots of media attention in school too. Girls wants to date him. He became careful about who he be friend with. MJ sent someone to help them get through the chaos.MJ was in rehab and called them everyday. They have to put a line special for MJ. MJ complain about the hospital said it's like psychiatric ward and he wasn't crazy. Elton John step in an transfer MJ to another place. MJ asked them to visit. They went because of thanksgiving vacation. MJ was happy there, showing them around like kids, proud of the arts he made. MJ was talking with lawyer about the settlement. The lawyer and insurance company talked to him to settle. MJ didn't want to but gave in the end. Frank said MJ didn't have much choice because he was the money machine and the insurance company didn't want to afford the lost. The settlement was made during their time visiting and MJ went back to neverland with them. Neverland was searched by policed and MJ felt his privacy been invaded. MJ didn't want them to deal with all these adult issue but they can saw the unhappiness of MJ. MJ got them their own golfcarts in neverland. They still slept in MJ's bedroom. Talked about he loved to stay in MJ's bathroom when he can't fall asleep. MJ install sound system in bathroom so he can listen to music when he dress up. Frank said MJ also kept lots of unfinished songs in there. Mentioned few song he loved. Said scared of the moon is inspired by Brooke Sheilds. MJ went out with Brooke to have dinner and Brooke told MJ that one of her half sister is scared of the moon. MJ found it unbelievable. Frank would play those songs on piano and MJ didn't want him to play to anyone else. MJ was paranoid that people would steal his idea. Frank said this paranoia expand far beyond later in MJ's life. Joking about MJ using one of the melody he played in the way you love me and he and MJ would joke about who is ripping who.

Said Chandler case changed MJ forever. MJ used to see only the good in human and trust people easily. MJ lost his faith in the fundamental decency of humans. He started to doubt people approaching him for reasons. MJ built a wall between himself and others. MJ still close to them because there were kids and he still trusted the cascios. Said MJ love his family and J family support him in public but MJ kept distance with his own family, never explain why. MJ forgave what LaToya did later on but never want much to do with her after that. Said the one thing he never imagined was the one day MJ would add his name to the list.

Whole family went to neverland to spend Christmas with MJ. MJ loved Christmas but can't celebrate it before because Johovah's witness. MJ played jokes with him by giving him 10 box of gifts. When he opened them, there were all identical pocketknives. He also wrap garbage in box to give MJ as gifts. MJ always spent Christmas with them either in NJ or neverland. Said MJ loved chewing gum and his favorite is Bazooka. However, MJ hates him chewing gum said it sounds like a cow.

Last edited:

What did Friedman mean by "it was Frank Cascio's minute record keeping in 2003 during the Gavin Arvizo that exonerated Jackson?" I'm scratching my head now...

In a 2005 article, Friedman claimed that Cascio found a Sneddon's business card in the Arvizo's appartment and he took it.

Although it's hard to forget the past and a damn shame he couldn't before Michael died, this ^^^ is a good thing, isn't it?

Even though he wrote bad articles about MJ, he always defended him during the 2005 trial. His positive articles didn't started when MJ died.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Chapter 7
MJ went to NY to made HIStory stayed in Trump Tower. They would go to NY to visit him or MJ would come to their home. Said MJ had camera to record when he practice dancing because he followed the music and can't remember it. MJ would review the tape and find the one he like and memorized it. MJ open his love for book. Frank don't like to read. MJ told him the knowledge is the most important thing. said without it you will be dumb and ignornat for the rest of ur life. said if I gavu a million dollars right now would u take it or would u want to have knowledge of how to make the million dollars. The knowledge can help u make first one million to second. Met 3T. Likes them a lot. They always joked about Frank joining the group become 3TF. Talked about 3T loved books too. MJ would take all of them to bookstore and bought tons of books back to trump tower. They all just sit there and reading. MJ told them to cherish the books. They will kiss every corner of a book when they got a new one. If MJ read something incredible, he would start clapping his hands, laughing and kissing the book.

Frank said they all didn't know MJ was falling in love. One spring night 1994, MJ's people came in and said the news was going to break. MJ married LMP. Frank was shock and asked what you got married? Talked about J5 and Elvis bring LMP seeing the show story. MJ married LMP before he came to MJ. All of them didn't know it. Frank's parents asked why and MJ can't answer it. Said MJ kept various parts of life separate from one another. MJ told them he made decision for business reason because of Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. The Prince believe that it can restore MJ's image. This is what MJ told him. Frank's father think MJ want to be father and have kids with LMP. Frank gave multiple reason why LMP was best choice for MJ. MJ told him he saw lots of bad thing happened in his brothers' marriage. Eddie and him were sent back home before the news broke. In August, whole family met LMP. LMP tried to find a place in the situation. They saw her again during Christmas 1994. MJ and LMP gave him great Christmas gift. Said LMP was more comfortable around them. He no longer stay in MJ's room because of LMP. Said LMP didn't understand all different sides of MJ. Said MJ didn't like confrontation. MJ told him that LMP like to fight. Quote: when she complains, I start clapping my hands and smiling. it would makes her stop and I ask her if she done arguing. Frank felt thing didn't go well. Said both MJ and LMP were the center of the world and it's hard for them to take care of each other. He think LMP tried hard enough but it's hard for her to find her role in MJ's complicated world. MJ and LMP finally fall apart. MJ claimed one of the reason is LMP was jealous of the Cascios because MJ prefer to spend more time with the Cascios than her. Frank said he didn't see the evidence and don't believe his family was the reason. He said they were part of the routine of MJ's life that MJ unwilling to change. On the other hand, MJ wanted to be father. He wanted to adopt kid from Romania but LMP didn't like it. He wanted to have kids with LMP but LMP was not ready. MJ didn't want to change his life because of LMP and wasn't willing to learn to be in a relationship. Frank said when MJ and LMP split, MJ seemed sad but not heartbroken. Said MJ and LMP loved and respected each other. He was a little relieved when MJ divorced LMP because he had his friend back.

HIStory album, MJ didn't want to do 2 disc because he wanted his fans can afford the price. SONY made that decision.

The prologue is really nice, makes me want to read it.

I actually did something I hate and I skimmed through the book.

Lisa Marie - Frank says no one knew they were dating yet alone planned to marry. The quick marriage is explained to be due Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who formed Kingdom Entertainment with Michael, believed by marrying Michael restore his image (after 1993 allegations). There's nothing fake about the relationship or their love. Multiple times being a good fit, how much they loved and respected each other, how much Michael loved Lisa's children, how they tried to make it work, how they were intimate is mentioned.

LaC on LSA wrote it seemed like Frank blamed Michael for the marriage ending but I disagree. He mentions many elements such as
- Michael seeing his brothers marriages and divorces and the issues that come with it
- Michael wanted to be a father (suggested adoption to LMP and having a child) , Lisa Marie was not ready
- Michael was set in his ways and perhaps not emotionally ready
- Lisa Marie had problems with the people / families that were already in Michael's life (yes even the Cascios)

It seems like they rushed into marriage without having the strong emotional connection to sustain it long term.

Debbie - Frank says he knew how much Michael wanted to have kids and he wasn't surprised when he told him about Debbie being pregnant. He says Michael was the happiest he has seen. He says Debbie's intentions were true - that she wanted to give Michael the kids he wanted and he was grateful to her for making him a father. Frank says there was no romance between them but they were friends that talked and hanged with each other and got a long just fine. Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal saying "perhaps you should marry her" is mentioned and also Frank mentions Michael didn't act like the marriage was a big deal and also said "she wants nothing from me. all she cares about his her horses and besides she's Prince's mother."

Omer - Frank is introduced to "Little Michael" (Omer) and they all have dinner together. He says that night Michael told him that Omer was his son and tells this story : he had an affair with a Norwegian fan, she got pregnant, overwhelmed by having "Michael Jackson's kid", went into a mental institution, Pia Bhatti who was a nurse in that mental hospital adopted the baby with her husband and raised the boy. In Tunisia Michael hears about MJ dance contest winner, he asks to meet the kid, he realizes the similarities and thinks to himself if this could be the kid he had from his affair and it turns out he was. According to Frank the story was implausible and Michael wanted him to believe his story but they both know there wasn't any truth to it and Frank simply said "ok he's your son".

Soon after Michael tells him Omer isn't his son. Frank also says that Michael mentored and treated Omer like his son. and Omer looked up to him as a father.

Drugs - There's one chapter that details this issue. Frank says he first saw Propofol (didn't know what it was at that time) in Munich 1999 - and it was given for sleep not pain. He says Michael had chronic back pain since his fall and he had painful treatments for vitiligo (50 needles stuck to his face) and these needed pain medications. He was given Demerol. He gets concerned that Michael is getting too much Demerol. Michael tells him he doesn't understand his level of pain and Klein assures him that it was normal. Frank says he couldn't argue with that as he didn't know what he was talking about (meaning he's not qualified enough to make a determination) and took Klein's and other doctor's word that it was safe and appropriate.

"Michael wasn’t a junkie. He never acted crazy or chased a high."

He mentions - like I quoted before- his family hasn't experienced this. His mother once on tour seeing he took medicine for sleep and his father in 2000 saw him take medicine for sleep in their house.

As you read on he blames doctors for giving him too much medicine and there are also attempts by Michael to stop medicine.

little notes:
- there's information about Blanket's mother. Michael choose an anonymous egg donor (her description is nice) and a surrogate carried the baby.
- Jacksons are portrayed okay. Frank only mentions Michael had complicated relationships with Latoya (due to 1993 press conference) and Jermaine (due to making contracts in Michael's name and Word to the Badd).

there's so much in the book that deserves to be read.. I'll go back to my proper reading format... oh and the stories about his fatherhood is priceless.

MJ forgave what LaToya did later on but never want much to do with her after that. Said the one thing he never imagined was the one day MJ would add his name to the list.

Can u please explain this a bit more? Who's name on what list and why? :)

MJ told him the knowledge is the most important thing. said without it you will be dumb and ignornat for the rest of ur life. said if I gavu a million dollars right now would u take it or would u want to have knowledge of how to make the million dollars. The knowledge can help u make first one million to second.

The Michael we all know... :)

Well I caved in and purchased the book to read on my smart phone Kindle app this morning. I'm just curious about what will be said and I just want to make up my own mind about it.

Last edited:

From LSA:
Talks about how it's too easy to blame Mike, he had a lot of pain, nobody knows what he had to live with. Talks about how Mike would've wanted to see his kids grow up, would say, "Can you imagine when Prince is old enough and we can have a glass of wine and just talk?" Or about meeting Paris' future husband and making sure he was the right man for her. And how he'd jokingly tell them they all had to give him 10 grandkids each.

:cry:

Can u please explain this a bit more? Who's name on what list and why? :)

Sorry. It's not the exact words in the book and I don't have the book with me when I am at work. It's something like: Frank mentioned after 93 case, MJ became suspicious about lot of things and people. MJ would think people approach him with purpose. MJ would shut people off if he think people having bad intention. Sometime, people with good intend would be shut off because MJ would be paranoid with something and have his own scenario made up in his mind and think those people have bad intend. Frank said he can't believe that later on MJ would put him on the list to shut him away.

Last edited:

I actually did something I hate and I skimmed through the book.

Lisa Marie - Frank says no one knew they were dating yet alone planned to marry. The quick marriage is explained to be due Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal who formed Kingdom Entertainment with Michael, believed by marrying Michael restore his image (after 1993 allegations). There's nothing fake about the relationship or their love. Multiple times being a good fit, how much they loved and respected each other, how much Michael loved Lisa's children, how they tried to make it work, how they were intimate is mentioned.

LaC on LSA wrote it seemed like Frank blamed Michael for the marriage ending but I disagree. He mentions many elements such as
- Michael seeing his brothers marriages and divorces and the issues that come with it
- Michael wanted to be a father (suggested adoption to LMP and having a child) , Lisa Marie was not ready
- Michael was set in his ways and perhaps not emotionally ready
- Lisa Marie had problems with the people / families that were already in Michael's life (yes even the Cascios)

It seems like they rushed into marriage without having the strong emotional connection to sustain it long term.

The LMP part, I also have to say I kind of agree with LSA's that Frank blame more to MJ than Lisa. He kept saying MJ didn't want to change. Lisa tried very hard to be in MJ's life. MJ just avoid their issue and didn't want to solve or discussed their problems it with Lisa.

Regardless of my sentiments about the appropriateness of this book, MAJOR thanks to Ivy and MissRed for summaries and organization (i.e. excerpts, and posting summaries all together). Much appreciated.

I can believe that I have to wait until December :(

I'm tempted to get this now, judging by what has been posted so far it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

MJ didn't know who was bad and who was good. There were times where some of those "blood-suckers" around him made him fire people that were actually on the good side, e.g. that happened to Dieter Wiesner who like Cascio thus became a favorite target of many fans who think MJ always knew what he was doing (the truth behind the anti-Sony campaign is sth fans don't want to hear because they simply love and adore their idol and support everything he did and said and never dig deeper than the surface that doesn't show you what went on inside).

i want to read this book now. i've been reading the summarize (thanx guys) and am weeping like a baby........
Ivy do you know if there will be an audiobook

edit: never mind found the audiobook

Last edited:

Just wondering, will you be writing a review ivy? I tend not to read the summaries because I like to read the funny stories and things in the book for the first tiem.

Just wondering, will you be writing a review ivy? I tend not to read the summaries because I like to read the funny stories and things in the book for the first tiem.

She said she would in the previous post. BTW, I think I will keep the book. Although I still think Frank fail big time to clear MJ's name and fuel the media with all those negative articles of MJ. But for now, bookwise, I think this is the best one among the books written by family/friends about MJ. I really hope the public won't just have the impression about all the things the media picked out of from his book. This is my current review, and I might comment later after I really finish the book.

Edit: and I didn't agree this one is like JRT. JRT tend to write all the stories and make u believe it's all real. Frank actually wrote MJ told him this and that. He will told u what he thought at that point and what he thought now. He would tell u this this this are his interpretation. I think it's better that you can read all these and judge whether the story is true or whether story MJ told him is true.

Last edited:
"Knowing Michael was both an ordinary and an extraordinary experience. From the very beginning (almost—after all, I was only four), I knew that Michael was special, different, a visionary. When he walked into a room, he was captivating. There are plenty of special people in the world, but Michael had a magic about him, as if he were chosen, touched by God. Wherever he went, Michael created experiences. His concerts. His Neverland estate. His midnight adventures in far-flung cities. He entertained stadiums full of people, and he enthralled me."

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up...

Frank said he can't believe that later on MJ would put him on the list to shut him away.

Thank you! Did this happen after the trial in 2005 when they had a falling out?

Thank you! Did this happen after the trial in 2005 when they had a falling out?

I haven't got to that part yet. I just flipped to the end of the chapter 2. I think it's because of the 2002 MTV music award and all the anti-sony acts. I think he believed that MJ was given some really bad advice and he tried to warn MJ about it. I believed he heard rumor that the 2002 MTV award is kind of set up and went to tell MJ. MJ didn't listen to him and still went. Later on MJ agreed that Frank was so right but couple days later Frank got letter from the lawyer to fire him. He said it's bully letter and it's not about MJ and him. I didn't go through the whole story so some part might be wrong.

The LMP part, I also have to say I kind of agree with LSA's that Frank blame more to MJ than Lisa. He kept saying MJ didn't want to change. Lisa tried very hard to be in MJ's life. MJ just avoid their issue and didn't want to solve or discussed their problems it with Lisa.

First, thank you so much for posting the summaries. I particularly enjoy the part when Frank described how Michael would helped with his homework assignments. Michael was a great teacher. I wish I had a teacher who encouraged me to think out-of-the-box when I was younger. Truly inspiring.

About Michael's marriage with LMP, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Frank said. In my opinon, he simply offered his views or reflections of what he observed. It may not necessarily be the true account. Like he said, Michael kept his relationship with LMP separate. The Cascio family didn't even know Michael's relationship with LMP until after the marriage. It seems to me that Michael didn't tell Frank exactly what's going on. So, how would Frank knew the issues in the marriage? Also, he was just a teenager back in the mid-90's.

MJ didn't know who was bad and who was good. There were times where some of those "blood-suckers" around him made him fire people that were actually on the good side, e.g. that happened to Dieter Wiesner who like Cascio thus became a favorite target of many fans who think MJ always knew what he was doing (the truth behind the anti-Sony campaign is sth fans don't want to hear because they simply love and adore their idol and support everything he did and said and never dig deeper than the surface that doesn't show you what went on inside).

Michael didn't know who's bad and who's good? Or, it's simply too much and too complicated for one man to handle? It's always easy for people to say Michael should have done this or Michael should not have done that. Too much should have, could have, blah blah blah...

I'm not finding excuses for Michael here. I, for one, didn't like his protest against Sony in the early 2000's. But, no one here would understand how he could deal with all the "blood suckers" surrounding him. When one has expereince of being betrayed by one's own family and friends, one will definately have trust issues. Did he trust the wrong people? Of course, he did. Did he make many bad decisions, of course he did. Was he badly managed in the 2000's, of course. However, Rev. Al Sharpton got it right. Michael dealt with all the strange things surrounding him to the best of his ability. There is only so much a man can handle.

About Michael's marriage with LMP, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Frank said. In my opinon, he simply offered his views or reflections of what he observed. It may not necessarily be the true account. Like he said, Michael kept his relationship with LMP separate. The Cascio family didn't even know Michael's relationship with LMP until after the marriage. It seems to me that Michael didn't tell Frank exactly what's going on. So, how would Frank knew the issues in the marriage? Also, he was just a teenager back in the mid-90's.

I agree. This is just Frank's view of it and admittedly he didn't see the whole picture of that relationship. One because he was a child, two because Michael kept it separately, apparently it wasn't a thing he confided in the Cascios about (he didn't even tell them he would marry). This basically just confirms my feeling that perhaps there wasn't a single person on this Earth for whom Michael let see the whole picture about himself and with whom he shared everything.

Also, if Michael really told Frank he married LMP because the Arab prince advised him to improve his image that way, it can be significant WHEN he told that. If after the marriage, he could have said it because he was hurt by LMP (not giving him kids, filing for divorce etc) and wanted to play down the whole relationship in the hindsight. It happens all the time when you get disillusioned in a person you previously loved.

First, thank you so much for posting the summaries. I particularly enjoy the part when Frank described how Michael would helped with his homework assignments. Michael was a great teacher. I wish I had a teacher who encouraged me to think out-of-the-box when I was younger. Truly inspiring.

Michael didn't know who's bad and who's good? Or, it's simply too much and too complicated for one man to handle? It's always easy for people to say Michael should have done this or Michael should not have done that. Too much should have, could have, blah blah blah...

I'm not finding excuses for Michael here. I, for one, didn't like his protest against Sony in the early 2000's. But, no one here would understand how he could deal with all the "blood suckers" surrounding him. When one has expereince of being betrayed by one's own family and friends, one will definately have trust issues. Did he trust the wrong people? Of course, he did. Did he make many bad decisions, of course he did. Was he badly managed in the 2000's, of course. However, Rev. Al Sharpton got it right. Michael dealt with all the strange things surrounding him to the best of his ability. There is only so much a man can handle.

Yes, For the LMP part, Frank did stated that it's his opinion and from his aspect. I think we all agreed that people would have different opinions about the same things. I am just stating that in Frank's point of view, I felt in his book, he think LMP tried harder than MJ.

As for the Prince part, I think he also stated that the story was told to him by MJ and he didn't know whether it's true. Frank's dad have different opinion about the whole thing.

Like I said in previous post. Frank did write out which part is his opinion. Which part is what MJ told him. Sometime he also stated that he didn't know whether MJ told him is true or not. That's why I said it's not like many other books that they will write like everything is what really happened. Frank did tell you from different aspect and people can make their own decision.

As for the not able to tell good and bad part. I think it's easy to comment after we know the end results. However, it would be hard for MJ to judge who had his best interest in mind. People are selfish and have their own agenda. I think MJ tried his best to make the right decision. Something turned out to be good but some to be bad. I think Frank also said the similar comments in his book that kept reminding people to put themselves to MJ's position. It's really hard to be Micahel Jackson.

Last edited:
Back