friends and their f***king stupidy!!! (michael related)

mjlovergurl003

Proud Member
Lastnight i was at a friends house and we were watching some movies. They were Johnny Depp/Tim Burton flims. while watching one of them the subject of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory came up and my friend Amanda mentioned how Johnny's version of Willy Wonka was creepy and reminded of her of well you get the picture and just happened to slip Michael's name in. she whispered it to another friend and they both laughed. i tried to talk over them bc i did NOT want to fucking hear their B.S. about Michael but i herd what she said and i was wanted to slap her! Ive held my ground and ive stuck it out for years and this past year has been VERY hard for me to deal with their fucking smart ass comments about MIchael when they dont know a damn thing about him. I can go on and on till im blue in the face about how all the bs about him is complete garbage but it does no good which i know you guys know alot about. im so sick of it!!! I dont know if i should let it all slide like i have for years or finally snap and tell them all to go fuck off! believe i want to sooo bad!!! sorry Im really aggravted. doesnt help that june 25th is comming up eather. what do you guys think??

My friends dont understand my feelings towards Michael either. :(

my advice... ditch them

real genuine friends dont treat each other like that. Real genuine friends respect your love of Michael even though they might not share your views. You dont have to just be friends with Michael fans, mature friends, no matter what their age, listen and care about you, even if they are not fans.

Over the last year, Ive had alot of support from non fans. These friends dont understand my love of Michael but because they care about me, they listen and have helped me soo much. Thats what real friends do.

You dont negativity like this in your life, if they care anyway about you, they would not say those types of things. It dosnt matter that they are not fans like you, they should respect you enough to know that you would be hurt by those types of words.

Get rid of these immature stupid people and you will find people who are really friends, in every sense of the word

my advice... ditch them

real genuine friends dont treat each other like that. Real genuine friends respect your love of Michael even though they might not share your views. You dont have to just be friends with Michael fans, mature friends, no matter what their age, listen and care about you, even if they are not fans.

Over the last year, Ive had alot of support from non fans. These friends dont understand my love of Michael but because they care about me, they listen and have helped me soo much. Thats what real friends do.

You dont negativity like this in your life, if they care anyway about you, they would not say those types of things. It dosnt matter that they are not fans like you, they should respect you enough to know that you would be hurt by those types of words.

Get rid of these immature stupid people and you will find people who are really friends, in every sense of the word

Well, I'm sure it wasn't that malevolent. Sometimes my friends also play light jokes on Michael, but it's just their opinion and I don't pay attention to that. Why would I?! I am completely confident of my love for MJ. :)

I can go on and on till im blue in the face about how all the bs about him is complete garbage but it does no good which i know you guys know alot about. im so sick of it!!! I dont know if i should let it all slide like i have for years or finally snap and tell them all to go fuck off! believe i want to sooo bad!!! sorry Im really aggravted. doesnt help that june 25th is comming up eather. what do you guys think??

What you've got to ask yourself is, how important are these 'friends' in your life? The only options you have, is telling them where to go in an angry outburst....OR you could speak to them about it calmly, and explain, that even though they may not understand or accept your love of Michael, they should not say things that they know will upset you. If they are friends, why would they continue to do something that really upsets you? Do they know how much it bothers you? Maybe they just think it's a bit of fun. Well it probably is, to them! But to you it's an attack which is painful. And yes, this time of the year it's particularly hard to deal with ignorant hurtful comments. Hang in there, and be strong, stand your ground. Either they will back off, or they will continue, in which case you have to tell them that it's not on. As a last case scenario, it may be better to have them out of your life completely..? Your call, you'll know what's right. :hug:

real genuine friends dont treat each other like that. Real genuine friends respect your love of Michael even though they might not share your views.
These friends dont understand my love of Michael but because they care about me, they listen and have helped me soo much. Thats what real friends do.

This is the truth. A 'friend' just wouldn't set out to hurt you. If they are doing this to you, they aren't friends. Yeah I know that mates can pull each others legs and all, but there is a limit. A clear limit. If my friends continuously poked fun at my mother or father, we wouldn't be friends for very long! It's no different with Michael. I wouldn't accept any negatitivity towards him in my life.

Maybe you should tell them that you won't hang out with them anymore if they make rude comments like that. Even if they don't like Michael, they should still be respectful of your feelings.

Tell your friends you are uncomfortable with it and it needs to stop. My best friends all know about my love for Michael and how I felt after he passed and they were always there. They may not have understood it but they still supported me as that's what friends do. Talk to them and get them to stop before you cut off your friendship. If they still do it after you have spoken to them then obviously they dont care much about how you feel.

Thanks. i really dont know how to eveb some about it all. its been a tough year and its hard to deal with all this negative backlash about michael from them. back in high school they made some rude comments about him which i dont really remmeber but one that stands out was they wished he would just go way and die. that hurt me so bad. we got in a big fight about that and other things mostly high school drama but still. the michael comments hurt. they never ever appologised for them and i dont know why. amanda never even felt the slightest bit guilty about hurting my feelings. i still hold that grudge till this day. granted ive stuck it out all these years and remained friends with them its still hard to deal with. I've been told many times that i shouldnt be freinds with them anymore but its hard to brake off friendships ive had since middle school. its not like i can just say its over and be done with it. too much history really. Talking to them about this is just beyond pointless bc they dont even listen to me. it will just go in one ear and out the other bc they dont seem to care at all about how i feel about michael. after he died i got 0 sympathy from them. what i got was chewed out by one friend and then the other a email stating how "unhealthy" it was to be as upset about michael as i was. i posted a thread about it as soon as it happened. i dont know what eles to do bc it just doesnt seem like they care about how much it hurts when it comes michael bc its not them getting hurt. its me. they say they care about me but they have one hell of a way of showing it.

i know getting all angry wont help bc i see myself as the better person bc im not the one attacking peoples feelings and making them feel like crap. ive dealt with this for so long that enough is enough. im only human and i can only take so much.its hard. really hard. yelling at them and telling them where they stick their ingorant comments is the one thing i most likely shouldnt do. its really hard.

sometimes people can be inconsiderate of our feelings...if you have already told them that it makes you feel bad when they make fun of your feelings for Michael..then maybe you shouldn't be their friend. These girls sound a little immature anyway...maybe you need to go and make some new friends...the kind that except you for you and who it is you like . I am sorry that they made you feel bad...some people just dont get it....and obviously,,,,those girls.....dont get it....:hug:

If they can't respect your feelings for Michael and keep their snide remarks and giggled malice to themselves, these people are no friends of yours. Friendship is built upon respect. No one is asking them to respect or like Michael (they'd be mad not to, but people are strange). They should, however, keep their mouths shut if they know this is a sensitive topic for you. Otherwise, it is clear that they do not respect you enough to control themselves. If they keep it up, I would seriously reconsider the friendship. It's better to have no friends than false friends.

Ive been considering my freindships to my "friends" for a long time. I want to confront them about it but its truly a waste of time. they always make me the bad guy bc i guess they cant do no wrong and make me feel like crap. we had a fight years ago in highschool over this and it nearly tore us apart. maybe it should have if i still have to put up with it.

my advice... ditch them

nice advice. i have been lucky to have very supportive friends this past year. after june happened, i didn't talk to anyone for months. but the good friends kept calling to check in, even though i didn't pick up for so long. they aren't even mj fans, but they supported me and get excited about michael because they know how much joy he brings me.

at the same time, i've had friends who i've known for almost my whole life (who saw me during the trial and knew how much i loved him), who didn't even say a word all last year. its hard to really maintain those 'friendships' because its like the true colors have been shown.

we have the 'reputable' media to thank for this prevailing attitude.

You can't blame it all on the media. Yes, there is largely biased reporting regarding Michael in the media. Yes, there are people of questionable qualifications claiming to be "Jackson experts", etc. However, there are also people like Aphrodite Jones out there who actually give a damn about journalism.

You and I are as expsoed to the media as anyone else, yet neither you nor I have fallen victim to their half-truths or blatant lies. The reporters in the media give their take on things (legitimate or not). They don't force the public to adopt their viewpoints. The public makes these decisions for themselves.

So unless these friends happen to live in a Nazi Germany-like fascist state where the only information available on Michael is the lies dispensed by the likes of Diane Dimond, I ain't having it. The public has the responsibility to inform themselves like we have before having a strong opinion on any given topic. Yes, the media is biased when it comes to MJ, but the majority of those who obsess over him are really the worst of the worst that television has to offer. You don't see Anderson Cooper covering his news topics in the ignorant, pathetic manner Diane Dimond or Nancy Grace cover theirs.

The internet is a great thing.

my advice... ditch them

I agree. :yes:

You can't blame it all on the media. Yes, there is largely biased reporting regarding Michael in the media. Yes, there are people of questionable qualifications claiming to be "Jackson experts", etc. However, there are also people like Aphrodite Jones out there who actually give a damn about journalism.

You and I are as expsoed to the media as anyone else, yet neither you nor I have fallen victim to their half-truths or blatant lies. The reporters in the media give their take on things (legitimate or not). They don't force the public to adopt their viewpoints. The public makes these decisions for themselves.

So unless these friends happen to live in a Nazi Germany-like fascist state where the only information available on Michael is the lies dispensed by the likes of Diane Dimond, I ain't having it. The public has the responsibility to inform themselves like we have before having a strong opinion on any given topic. Yes, the media is biased when it comes to MJ, but the majority of those who obsess over him are really the worst of the worst that television has to offer. You don't see Anderson Cooper covering his news topics in the ignorant, pathetic manner Diane Dimond or Nancy Grace cover theirs.

The internet is a great thing.

Aphrodite Jones is someone WE looked up with effort. you don't see her on Andersen Cooper's show. the easily accessible mainstream media is anti Michael. the Aphrodite Joneses of the world, are looked up by DIE HARD MJ fans. these people that are the so called friends of the OP, i am sure they never heard of Aphrodite Jones. so, the mainstream media, to which you even have alluded, is anti Michael. we're in a free country, and so we think it can't be all that bad. but it's even worse, here, because we don't know where everybody stands. there's no incentive to rebel, because of the freedom, mixed with the clever insidious ways of mainstream media. so, i don't give our freedom a pass.

Aphrodite Jones is someone WE looked up with effort. you don't see her on Andersen Cooper's show. the easily accessible mainstream media is anti Michael. the Aphrodite Joneses of the world, are looked up by DIE HARD MJ fans. these people that are the so called friends of the OP, i am sure they never heard of Aphrodite Jones. so, the mainstream media, to which you even have alluded, is anti Michael. we're in a free country, and so we think it can't be all that bad. but it's even worse, here, because we don't know where everybody stands. there's no incentive to rebel, because of the freedom, mixed with the clever insidious ways of mainstream media. so, i don't give our freedom a pass.

Anderson Cooper doesn't have to have Aphrodite on his show. It would be nice, sure... but he doesn't really do much when it comes to celebrity news to begin with. I just mentioned him as a general example of an excellet journalist. In any case, I wasn't giving the media a free pass. What you said about the OP's "friends" is exactly my point. Yes, some of the fault lies within the media's generally uber-biased reporting...but I will not let that serve as a reason or excuse why these "friends" act the way they do.

If they're going to choose to have such strong opinions on MJ, the least they can do is look up actual information on the topic. Otherwise, they're just making themselves look idiotic. They have the responsibility to inform themselves well if they want their opinions to stand.

I will not sit here and hear all about how the media turned these people that way. It takes two to tango, as they say. Part of the blame CERTAINLY belongs to the mostly awful reporting done on Michael, but the other part belongs to these people for believing everything they hear and having strong opinions on something they know nothing about.

To make a long story short, OP's "friends" are not too bright at all.

Last edited:
i agree. I know the media is one the main things to blame when it comes to all the b.s. written and reported about michael but it is the responsiblity if the person who is reading or watching news reports to believe it all or not. I really dont know why my friends think this way. Even i try to inform of them of the facts they will come up with reasons why Iam wrong and they are right and continue to make me feel stupid.

its happened again guys. yesterday (june 25th) of all days TWO friends decided to gang up on me again on Facebook and basically jump down my throat about Michael. again. i didnt even do a damn thing. all i did was post a couple things on MY PAGE about michael like how i hate when ppl say bad thinsg about him and then sometime yesterday i posted a video i found on youtube that was a tribute to him and i posted "FOR MJ FANS ONLY" i also offered to talk to anyone who needed to talk bc it was hard day on us all. so just hours after that i get a wall post from one of my friends and im going to post what she said about michael.
Amanda's post:
Shawn your my friend and I love you like a sister but you have got to let this Michael Jackson thing go. Its okay to be sad but the way you talk about him on youe blogs and online, you make him sound like a god. He was just a man. This is not healthy for you. You need to focus on your own life.

she went on to rag on me about personal things that are NONE Of her businesses so i wont post those. in the last verse she said i needed to not worry about michael. whatever. >;(

now heres Sarah's post (she also did this to me last year DAYS after Michael died!)
Shawn, you need to get over this and get on with your real life. Michael Jackson was a great singer to you, but a lot of people didn't like him and didn't think he was great. So don't get mad when people say that and don't get mad at us for telling you to move on and GET OVER HIM!

Can you believe this crap????? I cant even say a word about him w/o these two bitches jumping down my back!!! I cant take it anymore. Im thinking ofr just deleting my facebook page. im sick of being bullied. im only human. i can only take so much. tell me what you guys think of this. thanks.

Johnny said his character was partly inspired by Mike. :yes:

He denied that, because he respected him. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not, because I do remember hearing something like when he was working on the movie.

Can you believe this crap????? I cant even say a word about him w/o these two bitches jumping down my back!!! I cant take it anymore. Im thinking ofr just deleting my facebook page. im sick of being bullied. im only human. i can only take so much. tell me what you guys think of this. thanks.

While people will have their differing opinions, always, it's important for real friends to be able to support you and they really shouldn't berate you. It's really up to you whether or not you want to continue being friends with them. I don't know how close you are with them, but if you feel that they aren't being supportive of you, as a human & friend, then you know what you gotta do. I mean, of course some of us will disagree with what they say about MJ, but this is more about you and whether or not you want to continue your relationship with them. What they did to you, initially, was really mean and not something real friends would do. I mean what if someone really special to them passed away and you were making jokes about them? That wouldn't be nice and you would be accused of being insensitive.

That's all you can do right now. I would also strongly suggest not deleting your page, but rather unfriend offensive parties. Why should you have to suffer for a few causing you grief? Then again, it's really up to you in the end. (In reality I can't stand facebook and I believe no one should have a page there. The only reason I have, a very inactive profile, is b/c I was begged to have one.)

Example, when I was younger my friend LOVED the Backstreet Boys and I hated the crap out of them. She gave me an evil eye when I told her that N'Sync was the way superior group in terms of actual talent even though I only hated them 1/10th less than I did the BSB. Even so, when there was something Backstreet Boy related she wanted to do I would join in with her, because she was my friend first and that was way more important to me than my opinion about them. (I'm still friends with her now.)

Thanks. I dont know what im going to yet. I have been deciding if i really should delete my facebook. I mean its just a stupid page anyways. but i have had it for awhile but i cant stand the fact that i cant say anything about anything w/o being attacked. which i cant. my friends make me feel so stupid and worthless. they dont even seem to care. i was attacked about Michael last year just days after he died. thats a long story but i was emailed by sarah a very nasty email about michael. she left with a very cruel joke that im sure you guys have herd before but i wont even repeat it bc its just down right wrong, cruel, and disrespectful.

I know my "friends" would be sad if anyone they looked up to died like anyone from Harry Potter or Star Wars but when it comes to Michael i need to "move on" "get over it" because its "unhealthy" to mourn him. it makes me angry, hurt, and sad that they keep doing this to me. its like im being bullied by a bunch of kids and theres nothing i can do about it.

I havent decided what im going to do but i have decided im not speaking to them for awhile. course its not going to make them feel guilty or appologise but its something to get my point across i guess. its like high school all over again. i wish they would just stop it. Ive gone to harry potter movies with them twice and i dont even like harry potter but i went bc thats what friends do. i dont understand why they cant respect me or my feelings about Michael. they act like im crazy or something. im tired of it.

Thanks. I dont know what im going to yet. I have been deciding if i really should delete my facebook. I mean its just a stupid page anyways. but i have had it for awhile but i cant stand the fact that i cant say anything about anything w/o being attacked. which i cant. my friends make me feel so stupid and worthless. they dont even seem to care. i was attacked about Michael last year just days after he died. thats a long story but i was emailed by sarah a very nasty email about michael. she left with a very cruel joke that im sure you guys have herd before but i wont even repeat it bc its just down right wrong, cruel, and disrespectful.

I know my "friends" would be sad if anyone they looked up to died like anyone from Harry Potter or Star Wars but when it comes to Michael i need to "move on" "get over it" because its "unhealthy" to mourn him. it makes me angry, hurt, and sad that they keep doing this to me. its like im being bullied by a bunch of kids and theres nothing i can do about it.

I havent decided what im going to do but i have decided im not speaking to them for awhile. course its not going to make them feel guilty or appologise but its something to get my point across i guess. its like high school all over again. i wish they would just stop it. Ive gone to harry potter movies with them twice and i dont even like harry potter but i went bc thats what friends do. i dont understand why they cant respect me or my feelings about Michael. they act like im crazy or something. im tired of it.

OK...first off...these 'girls' are NOT your friends!!

They say they love you...BUT..they bully and make you feel stupid? I don't care how long you have been friends. Somewhere from middle school to wherever you are now they lost you.

Which is very sad, it can happen to any relationship. They just grow apart and the actual separation can get ugly and hurt. My advice to you is to give it one more go, really sit down with them. Explain why you love Michael and what he means to you. Dont let them interrupt.

If after you tell them how THEY HURT you..if they still are cold and degrading toward you. Give em' a hug, tell em' thanks for listening. Walk out...and let those relationships burn. Block them from facebook, twitter, myspace, block the phone numbers. And move on.

There is so much good in the world, so many more friendships you could be forming with all that energy you waist on feeling bad from your so-called friends...don't let those few negative seeds burn you out. There are far MORE who love Michael than those who dislike. Be strong, we're out there. :cheeky:

Thanks. Ive been really considering just ending it and also explaining why i love michael so much and just how badly it hurts when they say these disrespecful things. Ive been through so much these past few years that i dont wanna deal with this all over again. its just too much for me to handle. I know Iam a good person and i have flaws we all do im not perfect but i know how to be a good friend and if you ask me ive been way too good friend to these people then they deserve. i dont know when i'll finally let it all out but i know that when i do im going to do it the best way i can. i dont even care how i saw it anymore bc they dont even care about my feelings in how they say things so why in the hell should i care about theirs?? they havent been through what ive been through at all. they have no idea what its like and how much michael ment to me. thanks again.

Last edited:
This is not joking about on the part of your so-called friends. It's bullying. I agree with those who have said that you should seriously consider leaving them and finding new friends, ones who care about your feelings and support you whether they understand your love for Mike or not, as Sloride said.

In short, get out there and make some new friends! All my love xxx

All I want to say is that these girls are not your friends..not real friends..

You talked about thinking about closing your facebook.. I would just delete people who are talking trash about Michael there off my friendslist (if thats the only reason you want to close your account).

anyways, sending you a hug :hug:

thanks. i was thinking us just closing my facebook bc i just cant stand how my "friends" just ganged up on me like that and how i cant even speak Michael's name there w/o getting the 3rd degree from them. I never talk about him when im around them. They bring him up and make jokes right in front of me. I never want to talk about Michael in front of them bc they dont deserve to know anything about him. He's too good for them to even say his name if you ask me. I havent spoken to my friends since and i dont plan to. My mom however who i showed the messages to is pissed off at them prob, more them me and just wants to lay in to them. i dout that will happen anytime soon but she's just as mad as iam. I havent decided what to do. I went on my mirosoft word and just typed up what to say to them about this and i felt better after i did. i saved it but havent sent it or anything. i dont know if i will or not bc honestly they are not worth the engery or breath just explaining to them how much they have hurt me and how sick to death iam of them looking down on me and treating me like a kid.

I hate it when people say that Michael was a complete weirdo. What makes them so normal? We are all different and it's sad when people can't except someone for who they are.

i know. we are all different and our own way. so to call someone weird is just uncalled for. some people take it as a complament but in michael's case its a insult. i havent spoken to my friends in a week now. i dont plan on speaking a word to them in awhile. i want them to know this time i mean business and im not going take their crap.

Back