From CNN: Family service for MJ will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery

News vans having been lining up there for almost a week, I live close to there and drove by it. It's really strange. I really hope there's not going to be a mass of people going there, there's really no space for it.

The family is starting to show up so I dont know. They just said Latoya arrived

omg...I can hear the very choppers that are filming the live feed....theres like 5 of them outside

X17 is saying it's happening now not sure how reliable it is.

HELL no! Neverland or bust!! I'd rather they bury him in Gary before having his final resting place be Burbank of all places. Burbank is where game show hosts live.

And if those stories about Colony Capital selling Neverland are true, it's time to do something about those boys. Neverland will never die!!!

It's one thing to temporarily bury him there & transport later but at the end of the day Michael needs to be in the land of his own shaping. And that place is Neverland.
The neighbors (most of 'em anyway) liked Michael. It was already a tourist attraction when he was alive.

If anything it'll probably bring some jobs and economy to that area. Neverland must become a museum & playground for the underprivileged just as it was in life.

If only I had the money. I'd buy it up JUST to give over power to the Jackson family so that they can set it up right.
Neverland will never be the same without Michael but it must remain as part of his legacy.

I always felt it was a sad day when Michael left Neverland. I don't think he would have been right until he returned to his HOME. Not those HOUSES he was hanging out in. This is why he didn't outright sell it. He was gonna return home someday. Maybe after the concerts.

DAMN I hate those persecutors now. They made all of this happen!! It wouldn't even be an issue if not for them!!
John Lucas

I'm reading they're having like an open casket vigil or something to that effect.

TMZ is saying his body will be there at the Staples Centre. I'm sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong place, but I just posted it cause we were assuming whether or not they will bury him before the memorial.

From TMZ:

"Michael Jackson's Grand Farewell

Posted Jul 7th 2009 12:28AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson will create even more pandemonium in death than he did in life -- his body will take center stage at Tuesday's public memorial at the Staples Center in downtown L.A.

The family will hold a private memorial early in the morning at Forest Lawn -- where the body is now. The coffin will then be transported to Staples for what promises to be one of the biggest spectacles in L.A. history.

We will be live streaming everything as it happens beginning early in the AM."

oh no...i think it was his body that they lifted out :(( you couldnt see much cause the end of the car was inside the building

but now the car left

From TMZ:

"Michael Jackson's Grand Farewell

Posted Jul 7th 2009 12:28AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson will create even more pandemonium in death than he did in life -- his body will take center stage at Tuesday's public memorial at the Staples Center in downtown L.A.

The family will hold a private memorial early in the morning at Forest Lawn -- where the body is now. The coffin will then be transported to Staples for what promises to be one of the biggest spectacles in L.A. history.

We will be live streaming everything as it happens beginning early in the AM."

I'll believe that when I see it.

Back