George Michael

George was amazing on Red Nose Night as always. So funny. But yes the song is dreadful.

New George Tour!!!!!

George Michael announces orchestral tour

Singer George Michael is to return to live performance with a 47-date tour of Europe that will see him accompanied by a symphony orchestra.

"I felt it was really what I want to do as an artist," he told reporters at the Royal Opera House in central London.

"I am really not interested or excited by repeating former successes."

Symphonica: The Orchestral Tour will begin in Prague in the Czech Republic on 22 August and include 12 dates in the UK at the end of October.

The show returns to the UK in the run-up to Christmas, with one further date scheduled for Paris next April.

At a press launch on Wednesday, the 47-year-old said a special charity performance would be held at the Royal Opera House on 6 November in aid of the late Dame Elizabeth Taylor's Aids foundation.

The announcement follows the short jail term the singer served last year after crashing his Range Rover while under the influence of cannabis.

"I felt very re-energised after my recent troubles," said the former Wham star, who had previously claimed his 2008 concerts would be his last live shows.

"I think musically this tour and album will be surprising because I'm being far more true to myself."

According to organisers, the tour will see Michael perform "a carefully chosen selection of his songs", as well as "some of his favourite songs from other artists".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13360664

I haven't listened to George Michael is awhile...nice thread. I use to listen to him all the time when he was with WHAM....:)

His tour is simply the best news in such a long, long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy, so thrilled!!! If I manage to get a ticket, it would be my first GM concert EVER!!! He never visited my country, and I was alway so far away, but now I am in the UK... OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so excited about this!!!!

Just 10 more hours to get to the presale... this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His tour is simply the best news in such a long, long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy, so thrilled!!! If I manage to get a ticket, it would be my first GM concert EVER!!! He never visited my country, and I was alway so far away, but now I am in the UK... OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so excited about this!!!!

Just 10 more hours to get to the presale... this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow ..how exciting!!!...:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqmoBYkQfc

this song right here is a classic all by its self i love me some george michael regardless of his status....the media did him so dirty but his fans had his back
thank you for posting that video..that is one of my favorites. Yes the did do him dirty...not surprised...they are idiots.
Yes! Got me two tickets at the front.
Congratulations...:)...have a great time.

wow ..how exciting!!!...:)

thank you for posting that video..that is one of my favorites. Yes the did do him dirty...not surprised...they are idiots.

Congratulations...:)...have a great time.

Cheers. Will do.

And in all fairness as much as I love George, he has been his own worst enemy. The media didn't make him get high numerous times & drive his car.

I love his music, I can't believe I haven't seen him before.. hmm. Maybe this time I will :D

Cheers. Will do.

And in all fairness as much as I love George, he has been his own worst enemy. The media didn't make him get high numerous times & drive his car.
This is true it is all about Life choices..however,,you know the media..they grab on and run with the negative.

Oh my!!! YOu got tickets?????
I was from 11 am to 3 pm and I couldn't get anything!!! I am so angry and frustrated!! the presale was but a horrible experience. There is no point in being part of his "club" when you really had almost no choice to get a ticke. I am quite dissappointed :(
I hope I will get one of the general tickets next Monday.
It will be horrible to miss the chance to see him live once in my life. It's the first opportunity I have ever had!!!!

So unfair :(

Yes! Got me two tickets at the front.

really??? :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

How did you do it?? I was waiting from 11 am till the presale (at 2 pm) and I was until 3:30 pm and couldn't get any single tickets for London!! It was horrible. They just sent to us all this "very special" invitations to take part in the pre sale, but thing is there was really no chance to get a ticket. Most members of the fan club couldn't get a ticket at all. It was quite frustrating, I must say :no:

I hope I will get one on Monday. It's so unfair.... it is the first time I have the chance to attend one of his shows.... mannnnn... I so want to go!!!! :cry:

PCR;3383885 said:
Oh my!!! YOu got tickets?????
I was from 11 am to 3 pm and I couldn't get anything!!! I am so angry and frustrated!! the presale was but a horrible experience. There is no point in being part of his "club" when you really had almost no choice to get a ticke. I am quite dissappointed :(
I hope I will get one of the general tickets next Monday.
It will be horrible to miss the chance to see him live once in my life. It's the first opportunity I have ever had!!!!

So unfair :(

It was dead easy. I was invited to the pre-sale, got ready and as soon as I clicked refresh at 4pm I got two tickets for Block A. Literally within 2 minutes I had tickets.

Mind you it cost me £103 each.

It will be my second time seeing George so I know he's worth it.

I hope you get some tickets on Monday - fingers crossed for you.

^ That whole Unplugged performance is the best live vocal concert I have ever seen. 'Praying For Time', 'Fastlove', 'Everything She Wants', 'Star People' and 'Freedom' in particular are all stunning renditions.

Yes yes yes ...I am so glad I found this thread !!
I am a huge fan of GM and I know I am not the only one :)

481068_10151823899241340_1308556876_n.jpg

I'm glad I had a chance to see both of my love in my lifetime, they are great Michael and George. :) :)

I've seen George Michael last year ...he was great...his voice and performing was still great ....still I wish I had seen Michael :(

Glad you entered this thread ...

Back