Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

Hello everyone. I have only been a member here for a very short time and I'm so glad to have found you all. My 'Michael journey' began when I first heard J5 - ABC, but when Michael started to record solo that is when I should say I became a fan of his. It was interesting watching and hearing him 'evolve' with his music and dancing, there was something so magical about him - and it's never left me:). I make jewellery, am an artist and photographer, I am married but choose to live on my own with my 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Muffin and Leo, in Devon, England.

I don't think I have a favourite Michael era, and I have lived through them all! I just about love everything he has done, and simply love to watch him dance, especially on the Blood on the Dancefloor video, and of course the Black or White video..wow.lol. But the icing on the cake was when I sent him a small spiritual/fairy painting, which would have been about a year before Blanket was born. I wrote a nice letter and enclosed one of my business cards and, about a month later received a phone call in the middle of the night, about 3 or 4am here!....it was Michael thanking me for the painting! At first I thought it was someone playing a game but it wasn't. We talked about art mainly - for a good 2 hrs! I will never forget that as long as I live. Just writing this makes me feel all warm and cosy. He was a really nice, well mannered man, God rest his soul.

wow Beshlie, what a great story.
that you had a phone call with him, must have been such a great experience. just wow! if i had him on the phone, i would went crazy or so lol

Hello everyone. I have only been a member here for a very short time and I'm so glad to have found you all. My 'Michael journey' began when I first heard J5 - ABC, but when Michael started to record solo that is when I should say I became a fan of his. It was interesting watching and hearing him 'evolve' with his music and dancing, there was something so magical about him - and it's never left me:). I make jewellery, am an artist and photographer, I am married but choose to live on my own with my 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Muffin and Leo, in Devon, England.

I don't think I have a favourite Michael era, and I have lived through them all! I just about love everything he has done, and simply love to watch him dance, especially on the Blood on the Dancefloor video, and of course the Black or White video..wow.lol. But the icing on the cake was when I sent him a small spiritual/fairy painting, which would have been about a year before Blanket was born. I wrote a nice letter and enclosed one of my business cards and, about a month later received a phone call in the middle of the night, about 3 or 4am here!....it was Michael thanking me for the painting! At first I thought it was someone playing a game but it wasn't. We talked about art mainly - for a good 2 hrs! I will never forget that as long as I live. Just writing this makes me feel all warm and cosy. He was a really nice, well mannered man, God rest his soul.

WOW!! this makes me feel warm inside as well...Good to know people like you thought about him and let him know, he was loved

Oh what a lovely story. You are so lucky!!

:swoon: You are really blessed to have experienced that. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Hello, I am new (sort of) to MJJC. I have been a member before, years ago, and I don't even remember my username back then :p . Well I am back and it's been a long time. It's nice to see a few familiar names here.
Well my birthday is in less than 2 weeks (I'll be 30-something, lol), and have no idea what is going to happen. I have lots of hobbies, mostly having to do with needle arts (i.e. cross stitch, embroidery, sewing, jewelry, knitting, etc.) and singing/making music. I have been going to college but took this semester off. I plan to become a social worker and child advocate. I spend a lot of time with God through church, prayer, praise, etc. God is the only One who has been able to keep me sane these past insane years. To God I give all glory and honor.
Well I hope to get to know some of you. Nice being here!

Oh my goodness Beshlie, that was wonderful and i'm beyond envious! :wub: I defiantly can't top that haha.
So I'm sixteen years old and from Canada. I've been an MJ fan for almost all my life and my love for him has only grown over time. I'm fairly new to this site but I believe I had an account on here in the past. I'm so happy to have found MJJC and I really do feel like we're all a big family, even if we've never talked.
I'm in year 11 in high school and I'm thinking about going to college and study to become a vet technician. My main passions are animals, music, and art. And yeah, that's basically me summed up. :) Lots of love and I look forward to getting to know more of you!

Hi, Guys.

Hmm, I'm fairly new here, I decided to start here.
My name is Daiane actually, I'm 18, I'm a student, I love to dance and of course love Michael very much ..
Yes, I love to read, is a passion for me.
Well, for me Michael is a great source of inspiration, he taught me many things, he taught me the gift of love, pure and simple.
To me he is a hero, I feel it ..
I could talk and talk here, but it summarizes everything is simply "love" I feel for him.

Oh yes, I love new friends, would be very cool.
Much love to all.

Hello everyone!

My name is M.C. (for short) and I am 50 years old (since January).

P.S.: I don't know for how long I will have the courage to leave this vid uploaded on Youtube, Laughing Out Loud: catch it while you can :)

Aw I love to see the thread I started all those years ago still continuing with more and more MJ fans. All united in love by one man! Bless you all. :wub:

Hi everyone! Figured I should make my first post in this thread. My name is Amaya, and I've been a full-fledged Michael fan for about four years now.I enjoyed some of his music before that but it wasn't until later when I really got into him, and I'm glad I did. He's been a very positive influence on my life, and helped me make new friends.

As far as other aspects of my life go, I work as an administrative assistant. I enjoy video games, anime, and just hanging about on the internet. Pretty much anything nerdy, really. I'm not married to or dating anyone right now, and don't plan on it anytime soon. I love cats and would like to have one of my own soon, but until then I have my parents' kitties that I can play and cuddle with. ^.^

I look forward to interacting with you all on here! :ciao:

Just thought I'd stop in give my first post- "Hi, I'm new!", haha.

Anyway, my name is Jenn and I live the US (Vermont). I currently work as a prep cook at a local private prep school. I started working there in 2012 as I had developed an interest in developing my cooking skills, and being a real kitchen, I figured it would be a great way to get my start. I would love to attend culinary school some day to get some formal training, but that's down the road for another time. I simply cannot afford to go to school right now.

Anyway, it didn't take long for me to figure out my favorite aspect of my job: interacting with the students. It doesn't matter what my mood is, they always make me happy :) We have students who live on campus who come from all over the state, the country and the world to get a truly world-class education. I love talking to the kids about themselves- their name, where they're from, how their weekend was, how the school dance was... things that are important to them. I see so much hope for them. These kids are extremely intelligent and gifted. We used to have a piano in the cafeteria and I loved listening to the students sit down in front of it and play. More often than not, I would be shocked to see who was playing what. The star of the basketball team playing My Heart Will Go On? It was purely magical. I wish they hadn't taken the piano away... but I digress. I think I'm getting off-topic here!

Anything else about me? I'm not really an exciting person, so I'll just go with the basics. I have a cat who is my whole world. I would do anything for her, as if she were my own child. I love travelling, I am a self-taught web and graphic designer, and I am an amateur photographer. Mainly nature photography.

Not sure what else to say, so I guess I'll just leave it at that. If there's ever anything more you want to know, feel free to ask. I'm an open book! :)

Aw I love to see the thread I started all those years ago still continuing with more and more MJ fans. All united in love by one man! Bless you all. :wub:

lol Stacey you're still the sweetest!!!
Reason enough for me to join this thread...

Oki I'm Mechi, that's a short form of the name my parents gave me, which is Mechthild.
I'm 47 and hopefully will grow much older also cuz I do love life! I'm German and live pretty much in the west of Germany which is nice cuz I need only a few minutes by car and can go to Belgium or the Netherlands or Luxemburg... I love visiting other countries and learn about ppl there.
I'm a fan since... I don't know when it really actually started... I think it was during elementary school... rrrrrrrreally long ago.
I'm a psychologist and head to three different nursery homes for ppl with psychological problems and/or fighting addictions.
Michael has been one of the main inspirations in my life. I've worked hard for my dream and I've achieved it! ;) However I'm not into being 'best' in what I'm doing lol there are certainly days it just feels nice I've survived without going crazy myself!
I've attended Bad, Dangerous and HiStory live in Germany and I loved them all. My favorite album is probably Dangerous or maybe the second part of HiStory cuz I've always felt it's the most honest somehow. Well I do truely love them all. Can't chose a favorite song... I love them all for different reasons. I can however chose a favorite video cuz that's 'Who is it' and always will be. Michael looks sooo incredibly good in there! Yep there have been times in my life I've thought I'm completely in love with him... and I probably was! lol
I know this forum since 2003 but was banned once due to me protesting against the bann of a very close friend. Since I'm back here I do behave... *giggle* yet.

Hi there I am new member and am so excited to share my love for Michael on here and be part of MJFam. Thanks from Berlin, sorry if bad english.

Hello. I'm new to the site and this is also my first post. I'm 54 and live in Canada with my daughter and a adorable but also very stubborn Conure, who thinks he runs the show. I'm continually having to move him off my keyboard as I'm typing this.

I enjoy doing research on people, place and things that peek my interest and can get pretty involved I have to admit. Okay obsessed actually, just depending on what or who it is. I also love reading (I'm a bookaholic actually)and also am an amateur photographer, my interest being primarily in nature photography.

Michael is someone I deeply admire and respect for his courage, strength of will and dedication to his art and like so many others, is a major inspiration for me.

Well that's about it really. Take care and I'm glad to meet all of you.

Hey everyone,

My name is Rasheed, I'm actually half Libyan and Italian. I became a fan of MJ in 1988 Moonwalker!! Since then I started to imitate his dance moves and became verse in dance from there. there was an off period that I had and gained weight, and to be able to get back into dance I learned more and more about healthy/nutrition/fitness to get into shape and that somewhat took over my life.. While dance is still a strong passion for me, There is nothing I focus on more than fitness. (aside from family and work), I've helped bodybuilders get ready for competitions and do my own thing. Now that I became a larger guy I no longer pull off an MJesk slender appeal when I dance, but the dance is still alive within me..

Little other side notes - I'm an artsy smartsy type guy, never really was the cool kid growing up and after I got into fitness and I came out of my shell people tell me they could never picture me being the type picked on and anti social but that part of me still lingers even if outwardly people don't notice it.

Hi

My name is Jake,i am 15 from Australia i am a huge Michael Fan, my favorite albums are all of them

Hello,
My name is Matthew I have been a MJ fan since his sad passing and I believe that he does live, but through his music.

My birthday is on may 4th I turn 15.

Hey everyone my names is John, I'm 17 and have been an MJ ever since he sadly passed away. I love all of his albums but two of my favourites are Invincible and HIStory.

I just wanna say hello to you all :) I'm 16 years old and I live in Bavaria in Germany (so sorry for my bad english ;D).

Normally i listen to contemporary R&B or Metal. One of my favourite bands for instance is Metallica. Maybe because i play guitar ;D

I'm a fan since i saw a live concert in TV back in 2009. I can't remember which one, but i think it might be the one in bucharest. The live performance of Billie Jean was just magic.

But Thriller with Billie Jean isn't my favourite album. I like all of them but especially Bad and Dangerous. In my opinion every Michael album has its own sound. And for me dangerous is just timeless and i've never heard music like this.

Now i'm very excited for Xscape. I like the idea of a contemporary MJ album with new sounds and i'm looking forward what Timbaland and the other producers did with his music.

So that was just something about me ;)

Hello. Name is David, 32, long time MJ fan here. I live in Winnipeg, Canada.

Decided to finally join the forum. More to come...

Hey! Im JichaelMackson, 19, from Australia and im currently studying a Diploma of Graphic Design

Hello all! It's nice to meet everyone. My name is Carmen, I'm 19-going-on-20, and I live in Florida, the Sunshine State.

I like to consider myself something of an artist - drawing is my passion, and one day I hope to become either a professional illustrator, or a graphic designer. Or both, both is good. Actually, I've just recently received an official graphic design certification for Adobe's InDesign program, so I guess I'm off to a good start. :yes:

I'm a long time MJ fan, first time MJJC forum user. I used to be apart of MJNews Online and MJFC back when they were still up and running, but I never really posted much on either. I guess you could say that I first became a fan when I was a toddler, after watching 'Moonwalker' for the first time and being instantly amazed by Michael's....well, everything. Michael has been my favorite musician, artist, and performer ever since, and that he always will be.

Hi! :ciao:

My name is Samantha, and I'm from the USA (I don't wanna get too specific, I like a little mystery, hahaha). Anyway I'm a college/university student and I'm studying to either be a paralegal or a lawyer, I haven't decided yet.

I've been a BIG MJ fan since I was about 12 or 13 (I was 14 when he passed away). My favorite era is the Bad era, but I like 'em all! Don't ask me what my favorite song is; I can NEVER decide! LOL :rollin:

I also like reading romance novels, watching random YouTube videos, and procrastinating on my school work.

...I guess that's it! See you around!

Well, hello! My name is Imani (pronounced ee-maw-knee)! I'm from the U.S. I'm 17 going on 18 and a soon to be college student in a couple months. I've been a big fan of Michael since he passed and I wish I had realized the awesomeness of Michael sooner, haha. I actually don't have a favorite era. I just love Michael at every point in time and could never pick a time period that was my favorite. My favorite album if I had to choose is tied between Off the Wall and Invincible. My favorite song is the original demo for Love Never Felt So Good. I'm just a sucker for piano and to have my favorite man in the entire world singing with nothing but a piano accompanying him just made my life when I found it!

Hi my name is Katie, I'm 15 and I'm from South Carolina :)

Hello, my name's Chrissa. I'm from Greece. I am MJ fans since i was 8-9 yrs old. I love him so much.

Hello! I'm from Spain and I'm MJ fan since I was 13 years old, in 2003. Yeah... there wasn't the best moment for it... Anyway, I love the Thriller, Bad and even Dangerous era that unfortunately I couldn't live.

I like drawing and writing. Like my nick shows, I love the 80's decade in many ways, not only for Michael.

Nice to meet everyone =)

Nice to kn u all :)

Anyway my name is Leanne and I live in the UK (Devon). I work as a carer in a residential home for the elderly been there for 11 yrs now. I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan and have been since i was little, just remember one time I would come in the door of the lounge and my nan would have something in her hand behind her bk and it was the Bad album on cassette or me going around my nan's and having to put on Moonwalker all the time and me wearing my Michael badge. When it comes to my Michael collection it is a huge collection I have wit are all in storage under my bed in draws and woredrobles and some things are out too on show lol like CDs and DVDs of course and wall rug, freames, mirror. Michael will be with me now and forever til I'm gone. Bk in 09 I was suppost to see him at 02 for the this is it concert it would of been my first Michael concert, I was so excited b/c I was going to see the man who I have loved and edmired all my life but at the end of the day it didn't happen I felt so upset that I didn't get to see him on his other tours. So Michael make sure u come into my dreams and give me a little tour or song. I love you and I miss u xx

I AM A MJF..Michael Jackson Freak! LOL.
I am from St.Louis, MO. Born and raised. I have been to Cali with a group of friends that have changed my life and we are great friends near and far far away. We still are always there for each other. I love Michael because of his pure heart and the way his voice sounds when he sings a song with meaning. You are not alone is my favorite song as well as Dangerous being the best album to me. I am looking for anyone that is a fan from all over.
I have been to Cali and visted alot of MJ spots. Hoping to go back in June 2015!
All for LOVE.
We miss you Michael!!

Back