Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

Welcome Jennifer to MJJC :wub:

I'm glad to have on board here :friends:

Daryll.

Daryll748;3853481 said:
Welcome to MJJCommunity, Manzo :clap:

OLD? :scratch: NAH, Michael fans never get old at :heart:

Thanks for finally taking the plunge to 'talk' to us... It doesn't matter if you are not good at stuff :blush: We all have our talents and we welcome every Michael loving soul here... Heehee :D

Daryll.

Thank you :) I tried another forum that people recommended, but at that place they had no single rule I think and there were threads about Michael´s plastic surgies. I don´t get how fans can discuss that and talk him down kind of. Thanks for this forum.

Hi everyone!

Well I don't know how you all feel, but myself it feels to me like we have lots of new members and old members alike but I don't feel too familiar with a lot of you! So I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to introduce ourselves, chat and tell each other a bit about ourselves! I will go first. :)

So, I'm Stacey, I'm 23 years old. I live in Derbyshire, England. I just moved here last month after spending 5 years away at uni, and at various places around England. I'm a HUGE ass Michael Jackson fan, obviously! I adore him, I love all era's, I think he was mega fine throughout! I have a weakness for the curls though in all honesty! :lol: I can't choose a favourite song or video, I love them all! I'm a classically trained singer, I'm a movie buff and I love reading!

So, how about you?! :D

Thanks for an inspiring thread... so I better get started to present myself as well but in short sentence hehe...

I am Cindy and I'm an oldie, been around this forum for many, many years all long before my king's passing, however...

I am 28 years old, married to a wonderful man since 1 year back, I loooooove Michael's music and his agenda to bits! I was (cause honestly can't call myself a fan anymore) a fan for over 23 years and saw him once in London in 2006; which I hold a certain warmth in my heart!! I love outdoor activities and have found a very big passion for design and art... what else? Hmmm, dunno... if there's anything you'd like to know about me don't be afraid to ask ;)!

Well, i guess this would be the great place to start my first post. I am absolutely terrible at introducing myself, but I will give it a try.

Hi there,
My name is Jessica and I'm 21 years old. I live in Rotterdam, which is located in the Netherlands. I am still in school, college to be precise to finish up an Secretary education. My dreams are to travel the world and seeing new places and learning about new cultures. In my spare time i listen to alot of music, including Michael Jackson.

I'm still young, I know, but eversince I was a 5 year old little girl, I got my first CD ever, and most girls from my class got CD's from Britney Spears or backstreet boys, spice girls. But mine was ''Bad'' from Michael Jackson. I remember people saying i'm weird because I wanted a CD from Michael Jackson instead of all the above artists (Not that there is anything wrong with these artists). After putting it on, i became a fan of his music immediatly (As far as I could be a fan at that age). I never stopped listening to his music, it makes me happy, and since 4 years sad because we have to miss this incredibly talented man. Unfortunately, i have never seen him perform with my own eyes in real life, because simply my mom thought I was to young to go to his concerts. Later i found out she went without me which literally broke my heart. In 2009 when I heard the news that he was going to tour again, I stayed up the entire night on the website for tickets and once I had them, I legit cried from happiness because I was going to see my Idol perform. Unfortunately that dream never came true.

Wow i just keep on talking, anyways, i'm excited to be here and I think I have finally found a place to be a fan of Michael's music and to talk about the man himself.

Bye :)

Hi, I'm a fairly young member (only 15 but will be 16 in 5 days!) and I'm really happy to have joined this forum. I don't really know any fans irl, although I know some people who like MJ's music but wouldn't really call themselves part of the fandom.

I (and I'm a bit ashamed about this) only became a real fan of MJ after his passing, which is sad to me because I wish I could've attended his real concerts or even just been apart of the immediate memorials that followed his death. (In my friend's neighbourhood they sung all the records from Thriller over and over again for the whole night and then met up for the next few days to keep going.)

What made me a fan was, of course, partially to do with his music but that then lead me to look more into his life. After watching many YT videos about him I discovered the kind of person he was and it caused me to become a huge fan. Even though I feel like I'm a bit late sometimes, I still celebrate this by going to many of the tribute concerts still held in the UK (where I live) and try to drag my friends to them as well!

Welcome to MJJCommunity :wub: Jessch :ciao:

Yep, you definable found the right spot for all Michael talk :clap:

Enjoy!

Welcome to MJJCommunity :angel: DangerousSC :ciao:

There is no need to be ashamed about becoming a fan in 2009 though. I'm glad you understand Michael's message in the first place and he has touched your young life in a good way. It's NEVER too late for love. :blush:

Hope you enjoy yourself here and :clap: to the strength you have in going to tributes, they 'tear' me up too much :boohoo:

Thanks for honouring Michael and 'dragging' your friends into the MJ 'bubble' :cheeky:

Daryll.

Hello everyone! I'm rather new to this, so I'll just jump in.
I'm 42, and I remember hearing Dancing Machine and Shake Your Body on the radio and watching the Jackson's variety show. Wow I'm old! :-D
Michael has been part of my life since I was 5 or so. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until he was gone. Actually, I realized how important he was to me the moment Mariah Carey began singing I'll Be There at his memorial. I burst into tears and spent the remainder of the memorial sobbing uncontrollably. It's been an ache in my heart ever since.
I'm so glad to have found a place that celebrates his life.
A tiny bit about me I guess. I've lived here in Texas my whole life. I'm a classic rock junkie. I have a graduate degree in history.
Also, if anyone here lives in south Texas please drop me a line.....it would be so awesome to get together.

Hey, Winter Karma, welcome! Btw, nice username.

Hello Winter Karma :hat_wave:

Beautiful nick name indeed.

You old? NAH, we are all here young at :heart:

Hope you enjoy yourself here at MJJCommunity :wub:

Daryll.

I remember hearing Dancing Machine and Shake Your Body on the radio and watching the Jackson's variety show.

OMG! :woohoo:
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif
kermit.gif

That must have been so amazing. You were once only watch? Tell us how it was to be there! And you were in many tours to see Michael/Jackson 5? *I'm curious.... I know! :blushing:*

I wish I had been there! But no, I only watched it on tv. I only remember him coming through Houston once, in 1988. I couldn't go cuz I wasn't allowed to go to concerts. I missed out on a lot! Those of you who got to see him live are so lucky!

I wish I had been there! But no, I only watched it on tv. I only remember him coming through Houston once, in 1988. I couldn't go cuz I wasn't allowed to go to concerts. I missed out on a lot! Those of you who got to see him live are so lucky!

:(

Me the same thing. Michael was 3 times in my country and I was not there. I was underage. When I think about it breaks my heart and makes me so sad. I lost a lot too. NOW the dream is over.... :cry: *big sigh*

Welcome to all our new members! :D I like ANY fans whether long time or just starting out. As long as you love him you're ok in my books :yes:

Hey to everyone!
I like this thread as well :)

I'm 28 (boy, how time flies!). I live in sunny Bucharest. I guess you all know about my city by now, so I don't have to go into details ;). I must admit, though, that I became a MJ fan back in 1992, when he first came to Romania. But that's a longer story and I'm digressing...So, I used to be a language teacher and now I'm a translator. Because of that, and not only, I love reading. I also love music. I wish I had played the piano better, but it seems I'm more inclined towards listening than performing myself :piano: Some of my other hobbies include dancing, painting and (Angela, it seems we have something in common) tailoring clothes for myself.

Oh, and one of the most impressive memories I have is dating back to the History tour, when I had the chance to see Michael live...

Yes love it very well. I watch the DVD alots and i just love it Michael is just so exciting to watch. I love the last song that he does Man In The Mirror me and Michael we just have church i believe Michael is in the Holy Spirit when he sing this song it just bring tears to my eyes.

Hello to the MJJC community. I'm a member in other MJ forums so I thought i would check this place out. My name is Lori, i will be 52 in April. I'm about 8 months younger than Michael. Although i have admired him since he was a kid just starting out and followed his carrer I have to admit I didn;t become a dedicated fan until after his passing. I am from San Francisco, California (northern part of the state) i'm too far away from Los angeles to go there on a regular basis, i don;t drive and don;t have a budget to stay at accommodations but i hope to go someday. I;m probably five (?) hours from Neverland but a car is needed to get there and would also need a find a place to stay. I;m hoping to find more fans in my area of Northern California particulary in either the Sacramento and or San Francisco area. anyway I plan on talking with some of you in the future. i have made many good friends from arroound the world on some of the MJ forums and hope to make some friends here as well.

I wrote this about 2 years ago not much has changed but I'm two years older

Hi, I am Bobi - my name is complicated for people so I am telling you my nickname. I just wa accepted in university and I will turn 19 years (now I am still 18 years old) , I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson, but I started to collect his albums, posters and books last year, becuz I could do it earlier. I love each era of MJ's eras, becuz each one has it's theme and it's different and new. But if I have to say whitch era i love the most, I will tell - Dangerous. So that's from here, L.O.V.E :beach:

Hi, I am Bobi - my name is complicated for people so I am telling you my nickname. I just wa accepted in university and I will turn 19 years (now I am still 18 years old) , I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson, but I started to collect his albums, posters and books last year, becuz I could do it earlier. I love each era of MJ's eras, becuz each one has it's theme and it's different and new. But if I have to say whitch era i love the most, I will tell - Dangerous. So that's from here, L.O.V.E :beach:

Hello Bobi :ciao: Welcome to MJJCommunity :wub:

WOW :clapping:Congrats on your acceptance to UNI ! What are you gonna study if I may ask? :cheeky:

Yep, each era has a 'flavour' :blush:

Enjoy yourself!

Daz.

It saddens me a bit to know actually we live so faaaaaaar away from each other, otherwise we'd be having MJ parties like all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiime! haha... Reunions for the oldies???

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Dani and I am 32 years old from California! Just recently found this forum and happy that I joined.

Thanks
D

Welcome to the MjJ fam TDK23 and everyone :shakehands

Hello!
So glad i have found this forum! I have been a Michael Jackson fan for ages, since i first saw Billie Jean on Top Of The POPs in the eighties! I have never posted on any forum of any type before but you all seem really friendly and respectful here so here i go!
My best memory of Michael is seeing him on the bad tour at Wembley stadium, I cant describe how amazing that experience was, it totally blew me away! Since then I have followed Michael my whole life and I am a better person because of him.
Its really good to meet you all!

heyho!

iam following this forum already for several years and was mainly active in german mj forums, until august where i signed up here :D
its great to see other fans here and to share alot of stuff here!

how did i become a fan? it was quite a funny way. my mom had the bad album on vinyl and played it from time to time.
the bad cover made me curious, i always thought its a woman on the cover (cause of the hair and so on) and cause of the shouts on the songs "aowwh" "heheee". (sorry for that mike lol). but i was just 2-3years old and totally into the bad album! The way you make me feel, was my fav song.

the next step was in 1995, where i got the HIStory album as a XMAS present from my parents. i actually still remember, how i was freaking out when i unpacked it. the first thing i did, popping CD2 in, checking the cd booklet and ofc the new songs! ill never forget that moment.
i actually like every ERA, every is special in its way. but my favs are dangerous and the blood on the dancefloor EP (the 5 unreleased tracks).
when i saw the BOTDF EP at the store (in 1997), without knowing there was something new from MJ, it gave me nearly the same freakout like on the day where i got HIStory. my dad bought it for me instantly (lucky me).

from my childhood until now, i was obsessed with MJ & his music ... still am, with 24 years!

Hello there lovely MJ folk :waving:

I'm Anca, I'm 31 and I live in London, UK. I work for an events company and my main hobbies are Michael, my awesome dog, snowboarding, drawing and generally having fun.
Michael's been with me for a long time now, we've 'met' during his glorious Thriller days and I was hopelessly hooked since I remember walking really :D It was all sweetly innocent back then however by the time BAD and Dangerous came around, well, it's safe to say he had me. All of me :wub:

My biggest regret is I never had the opportunity to experience the magic of a live performance from Michael - my first time was to be 'This Is It', I had backstage passes for his shows at the O2 sorted by my then partner who worked on the staging... how messed up is that. I don't really speak of Michael in past tense because I feel he's here with us all, still flowing freely through our veins..

Anyways, this looks like an amazing community and it's nice to meet you all :D

Hello all. I posted a little hello but says i must wait for it to be aproved or something. Well i'm glad to have found this. Looking forward to making friends and doing a lot of Michaeling
LOVE

Hello Fauve so happy to see you here :)

Welcome to the others as well :)

Back