Greatest hits : a way to collect your favorite MJ songs on one CD or just a rip off ?

Off The Wall 30 will feature "remixes" by Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, T-Pain, and Tay "Chocolate Rain" Monday. :tease:

Oh man!!! :doh::rofl: I can see it now. Tay Zonday trying to perform on Off the Wall with Mike on OTW30.

Seriously! Watch them use some of the ideas on this board for next year! Oh please no Hannah Montana and Jonas Bros. Please Mike!

Oh man!!! :doh::rofl: I can see it now. Tay Zonday trying to perform on Off the Wall with Mike on OTW30.

Seriously! Watch them use some of the ideas on this board for next year! Oh please no Hannah Montana and Jonas Bros. Please Mike!

If it does, I'm gonna write an angry e-mail to Phony. They can't take a joke? :shifty: :lol:

I bought HIStory Vol. 1 back in 01 along with all the special edition albums. After that I got Number Ones and TUC. After those cd's I say everything is a rip off. I mean let's be honest....how many more legit MJ fans can be out there who don't have atleast one out of the three of those. The Essentials, KOP50, and other other Greatest Hits that gets release is a rip off. No one needs anymore rehashed or repackaged Greatest Hits. That means........IT'S TIME FOR NEW MATERIAL!

I GOT ONE:

KING OF POP: The Greatest Hits of Michael Jackson Featuring The Hits That Adds Extra Features Like Crickets On Songs You've Heard A Million Times Already On The Greatest-Selling Album Of All Time Right Now At A BILLION Copies.

GET IT OR ELSE. :lol:

Michael's raising money to fund the new album, support the cause. :D
lol

If Michael is making money of it and he KNOWS about this which I doubt because I think he's too busy making new music and raise his children , I think Michael is doing wrong !

If Michael is behind the releases of the greatest hits then shame on you Michael !!!!

But anyways I know he's not so I'm not buying any of this anymore because it's not worth it !

we need new material not a rehash on music we all already know like the palm of out hands! we've been getting the same music over and over and i think everyone shld stop living in the past. enough already! mike is too talented to always be referring to him in the past when it comes to his music

I wonder how much pressure some of MJ fans put on their parents or their children or their spouses.
How do some of MJ fans see MJ?

He is really a human being with a life of his own or do some see him as a hired slave?
I just don't understand it. I want to know.

I am hearing SOME fans making demands on MJ as if they make demands of a servant or a slave or a pet, even.

How can people tell MJ that he NEEDS to.
What does he NEED to do besides providing love and comfort and a basic needs for himself and his children.
And what if he choses to release his albums 100 times in many different ways.
Don't buy the album if you don't NEED it.

I didn't need T25, and guess what? I didn't buy it.

Some people NEEDS to re-examine why they support the man.
He is not going to produce the hype of the 80's anymore, so do not expect it again. It is in the past. He was 24 at the time. He is 50 now with a family to LOVE him and for him to love.

He also is very rich man. He is not as hungry for the money anymore. He is a business man with a large company to run.
If he releases the 200th rereleases. DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES. Nobody is putting a gun to your head.
I am sorry for my rant.

If Michael is making money of it and he KNOWS about this which I doubt because I think he's too busy making new music and raise his children , I think Michael is doing wrong !

If Michael is behind the releases of the greatest hits then shame on you Michael !!!!

But anyways I know he's not so I'm not buying any of this anymore because it's not worth it !

So the company who make the same software ot the same furniture or the same car or watches, etc are they doing wrong too? What is wrong in rereleasing your stuff if there is a demand for it? MJ's latest album went to no 3 in the charts in Britain. It was a rerelease but over 30 thousand people wanted it. They were member of the general public who thought it was worth having. Why would you want to prevent them from having it just because YOU have it already?

Firstly greatest hits compilations or anything like that are not a rip off - this is because you are not forced at gun-point to buy them. It's ultimately up to you whether you want to hand over the cash for something that's been released a million times over. Sony have to make money, and WANT to make as much of this as they can. These greatest hits packages are going to be sold forever, so get used to it.

I'd actually buy a greatest hits package myself if Sony actually came through on one occasion by literally adding an unreleased song to these CDs. "Got The Hots" was clearly released in Japan and it's not exactly rare either.

Could you imagine how much money Sony would make if they decided to actually get the rights to putting a legitimately rare and unreleased track on one of these albums? Imagine how many copies they would have sold of King Of Pop if they decided to say, chuck Men In Black or an Unreleased song from the History sessions we'd never heard of. They'd sell through the roof!

I never bought Greatest Hits - HIStory Volume I in 2001, because it was just the first half of the HIStory album that I bought in 1995.

I bought Number Ones, because it had One More Chance on it which was good enough to add to my collection. But I didn't buy all the different covers, because that was a rip off like the different coloured Invincible covers.

The Essential Michael Jackson, I couldn't be bothered to by it I already have the songs on it on different albums and singles in various formats.

Visionary: The Viideo Singles, can be seen as a rip off as or a waste of money as I already have all of the singles on vinyl in their original covers and all of the videos. But I thought this was a nice item to add to my collection as the boxset was well designed and it was only about £3-4 a week to buy each single on their release every week. I really like the Visionary Singles boxset so it was worth the money.

King Of Pop album is one I haven't bought yet. It does seem like a huge rip off considering how many greatest hits albums of Michael's have been released over the last 7yrs. I've seen the Australian CD online which has a better album cover and packaging then in the UK, so I might by an import version, but I'm not in a rush.

I can't see the point of Michael releasing more a less the same songs over and over again on different titled greatest hits albums. They are profitable as most have been in the UK top 5 album charts on the week of there release. But I think more albums like The Ultimate Collection with unreleased songs or songs not released as singles like a Best Of should be released as Michael Jackson Compliation whilst he has no new current music released. I would add some of the same songs to my collection if these Greatest Hits albums great albums cover designs, but even the photos on the albums are rehased from albums and past singles. The cover from Greatest Hits - HIStory Volume is originally from the back over of The Jacksons Live album, which was then used in the inside gatefold cover of the 1995 HIStory album on vinyl etc. There are much better ways to exploit Michael's past music, and make it seem like something you haven't owned in the sameway before.

Last edited:
I'm never buying another greatist hits completion there tiresome

If you counted all the Motown/Universal compilations then it's a never ending list. Motown were just as bad especially in the 80's, even though those haven't been re-released on CD new compilations with various names have cropped up like every year. With those you should pick and choose as they pretty much all have the same stuff on, give or take and throw in the odd song here and there.
With Sony they have kind of made it hard not to as new things are usually added or there is some incentive to buying it, like Number Ones had One More Chance, The Ultimate Collection had alot of bside and unreleased material. Visionary was great and this new KOP well some editions have unreleased or thing snot on any MJ albums such as ‘Say say say’ ‘Got the hots’ and ‘Can’t get outta the rain’ The Essential has some good edits and was a great compilations of songs, and now well we have that new 3.0 thing, which is abit much, though have to says it’s not just Michael Jackson’s The Essential album that has had this 3.0 makeover it is a lot of Sony artists. Also I don't think Michael is behind or even has anything to do with these Sony compilations, they can release his stuff without his say. I don't think he even knows about much of it, I remember once reading that he didn't even know that the Jackson 5 even had a Christmas album Lv x

Last edited:
nope. i buy 5-6 copies of each album lol. so i dont mind. i gotta have em all

Back