have your tickets been canceled

Email from AEG:

Michael Jackson ticket limits - Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets, which was many times greater than the amount of tickets available to sell, whilst ensuring that as many people as possible had the chance to purchase tickets, the ticekt limit for the full public on-sale on Friday 13th March was re-set to 4 tickets per household across the entire run. Any bookings made above this limit from Friday 13th will be cancelled and the purchaser notified.
This change does not affect any tickets purchased within the ticket limites set up during the pre-sale, these sales were pre-managed and any multiple registrations were deleted prior to codes being issed and sent out.

They have also said that an official statement will be released shortly

I can breathe again.

ok well because a friend has bought 2 tickets in the presale with the presale code.

then yesterday he bought 4 tickets for his parents and grandparents with the same credit card in the general sale.

he will be fine, ACCORDING to this AEG message?

so this is 2 different pair of shoes, pre-sale tix with code dont have anything to do with the general sale tickets?

like you can have max 4 tickets on presale and max 4 tickets on general sale right?

And Iiiiii got this email from TM today:
(I had asked them to please confirm that my tickets were safe as I was last night told by 3 different people that they were even though we got 6 in total to the same household. (presale) )
Excellent and helpful email he sent me, wouldn't you say? :lol:

Thanks for your email.
We have received no instruction from the promoter regarding ticket limit cancellations yet so we are unable to advise further at this stage.
Best regards,
Tom.

Ok, so just to make sure I REALLY got it right this time - 6 tickets bought during presale is fine....right? :unsure: (on 2 credit cards, using 2 different codes, all being sent to ONE address)

so was it 4 tickets a person per code presale.

4 tickets per billing adress gen sale:doh:

:lol:

I can't wait til the day when we can all go "PHEW" and actually look forward to the shows instead of worrying if we are going or not :lol:

But :doh: indeed. Maybe I should write back to the TM dude and attach that smilie wout writing anything. Just: :doh:

Email from AEG:

Michael Jackson ticket limits - Due to the unprecedented demand for tickets, which was many times greater than the amount of tickets available to sell, whilst ensuring that as many people as possible had the chance to purchase tickets, the ticekt limit for the full public on-sale on Friday 13th March was re-set to 4 tickets per household across the entire run. Any bookings made above this limit from Friday 13th will be cancelled and the purchaser notified.
This change does not affect any tickets purchased within the ticket limites set up during the pre-sale, these sales were pre-managed and any multiple registrations were deleted prior to codes being issed and sent out.

I have just been told the same thing from TM.

So it looks like my tickets are all safe then!!!!

THANK FRACK!!!!

So it looks as though anyone who bought more than 4 tickets over the course of all London concerts in the general sale will end up with some tickets cancelled.

That's great news for those who haven't had a chance to buy any yet!

The tickets should have been first sold via a fan club and then things would have been done properly from the start. Then every fan would have got a ticket. Things werent handled properly.

Email from AEG:

They have also said that an official statement will be released shortly[/Q
woooooooooo i can relax now!!

damn this almost costed me an heart atack!

are they f*cking insane. the tm people....
it,s not good organized....... shame on them!

my tickets are safe * sight*

so what exactly does that mean lol. it implies if u went over the limit during presale it doesnt matter? isnt it 4 tickets for the entire run and that included any tickets bought in presale aswell

ive only booked 3 tickets using my home address and cards (2) registared to it but dam u still worry LOL

were pre-managed and any multiple registrations were deleted prior to codes being issed and sent out.

ppl still got multiple codes though via email and phone and used them.

Well, based on AEG's current statement as posted above, it appears to have been interpreted by people on here that, if you bought 4 during presale, you are able buy another 4 from the general sale?

I believe that if you bought MORE THAN 4 in the presale window, you should be ok, as the terms of sale were different then, so they are standing by those terms. If you then went and bought 4 more on friday when the terms had changed, your tickets may be in risk of cancellation. If you bought more than 4 all in the general sale then you tickets will be canceled.

Last edited:
I believe that you bought MORE THAN 4

Not quite sure if you are talking to me, but I only purchased 4 in the presale, and not anymore in the general, as the 4 per household limit had already been posted on the O2 website.

During the general sale, I was online for my friend and managed to secure 2 tickets for her, through her ticketmaster account which has all her card details etc.

So no, I am not at risk of having any tickets cancelled, but going by the most recent statement from AEG, the presale was totally different to the general sale, and their statements seems to have been interpreted that if you bought during presale, regardless of how many, you can still buy 4 tickets per household from the general sale?

I believe that you bought MORE THAN 4 in the presale window, you should be ok, as the terms of sale were different then, so they are standing by those terms. If you then went and bought 4 more on friday when the terms had changed, your tickets may be in risk of cancellation. If you bought more than 4 all in the general sale then you tickets will be canceled.

yeah thats what i get from it.but from waht i read and was told it was always 4 tickets on one code for the the presale. u could only buy 4 ticks in one go when u clicked on a date

if you bought 4 during presale, you are able buy another 4 from the general sale?
i was told during one phonecall on i think thursday inbetween sales that the presales didnt count towards the limit. then it changed to the liit being six including presale. then it changed again!

yeah thats what i get from it.but from waht i read and was told it was always 4 tickets on one code for the the presale. u could only buy 4 ticks in one go when u clicked on a date

i was told during one phonecall on i think thursday inbetween sales that the presales didnt count towards the limit. then it changed to the liit being six including presale. then it changed again!

Ok, so despite AEG's apparent clarification, it really isn't clarification at all :)

If they do in fact clarify that presale allocation was totally separate to general sale allocation, and the people who bought in the presale, were in fact able to buy another 4 in the general sale, then there is going to be a whole lotta people, those who only stuck to the 4 limit initially, trying to get more tickets from the few that are released intermittently on Ticketmaster.

Not quite sure if you are talking to me, but I only purchased 4 in the presale, and not anymore in the general, as the 4 per household limit had already been posted on the O2 website.

During the general sale, I was online for my friend and managed to secure 2 tickets for her, through her ticketmaster account which has all her card details etc.

So no, I am not at risk of having any tickets cancelled, but going by the most recent statement from AEG, the presale was totally different to the general sale, and their statements seems to have been interpreted that if you bought during presale, regardless of how many, you can still buy 4 tickets per household from the general sale?

sorry it meant to read IF you bought more than 4, was just saying what i got from the email.

Yes it has always been 4 per pre sale code. No disputes on that. However some people had more than one code in their household, leading to more than one person in the household buying 4 tickets on a presale code. And the household rule never came into play until friday. So this is why i think that orders over 4 in a household has been decided ok, but not in the general sale.

Yes it has always been 4 per pre sale code. No disputes on that. However some people had more than one code in their household, leading to more than one person in the household buying 4 tickets on a presale code. And the household rule never came into play until friday. So this is why i think that orders over 4 in a household has been decided ok, but not in the general sale.

we had 5 presale codes. sent to our house. as we have 5 adults here which could have brought us 20 tickets. if it was per person

Last edited:

ok thanks i get u. i received 2 codes aswell but gave one away to my bro who bought tickets on his card and home address and i used the other presuming u could only use one code per household/person as thats what it said on AEG T&C

I honestly dont know where I stand. Had one presale code, bought 2 tix, partner at same address on his presale code bought 4 tickets but all using the same card.

Why on earth does this have to be so god-damn confusing. So far all payments have been processed but think I may end up getting 2 tix taken back. I wont bother calling ticketmaster, they dont know their arse from their elbow it seems. if they contact me and take 2 tickets, then fair enough.

I have spoken to a lad at ticketmaster today and this is what i told him

I bought 4 tickets with a pre order code with my credit card and then my partner bought 4 with his own code and credit card. What will happen i asked?

He then went off to check with his manager and came back and told me the following :-

That because we had use a pre order code and they where different it wont matter out having the same addy and that all our tickets would be ok.

He gave me his name, extention and location.

Email from AEG:

thanks for sharing this..but guys it is not helping me..
I bought 5 all in presale and was told that the limit is 4..even for presale...
I am not a genius but I thought being a Finance person...and conducting fund transfers in the region of well.big numbers every single day....all over the world........so I was anticipating myself to have the brain capacity to understand...Mea culpa..how wrong I was...1.5 weeks on I am still confused...I failed here big time...

Terms when I book say 6...during general sale when I dont book say 4...when I guery they say they dont know. when I call them a day later they say it is 4 and with my 5 presale I am over the limit...and then they make me change one of the ticket bookings...and now they say that it has never been a 4 limit on presale...

so I officially hold my hands up and I dont care anymore...I simply I dont get it.......geee...do you think I should go to work tommorrow if I couldnt figure out wheter is 4 or 5 or 6 is a good number?????

Last edited:
I bought 4 tickets with a pre order code with my credit card and then my partner bought 4 with his own code and credit card. What will happen i asked?

He then went off to check with his manager and came back and told me the following :-

That because we had use a pre order code and they where different it wont matter out having the same addy and that all our tickets would be ok.

Oh cool, that's what we did (only 3 each but still) so it seems that our tickets are safe too then! :D.... :unsure:............ :lol:
Thanks for that info. And like I said ealier, all the 3 ppl I spoke to the other day all said the same thing, so am really hoping that's the case and that there won't be more confusion. God, it's amazing it can be that hard to buy tickets AND know if you really have them or not lol.

i never realised the pre sale limit was seperate from the general limit. devastated about all this confusion and lack of clarity

I have just seen a message on the facebook group for the Mj tour....someone has said they just recieved an email saying there tickets have bene cancelled!!

It just says ........ "So I just got a mail from Ticketmaster and 2 of my tickets got cancelled so - no spares people sorry to those that asked. Sounds like quite a few people getting their tickets axed so watch out for your chance to buy them again (unless TM have a waiting list already)."

So by this i assume he tried to sell them. I can see this getting messy june/july time.

It just says ........ "So I just got a mail from Ticketmaster and 2 of my tickets got cancelled so - no spares people sorry to those that asked. Sounds like quite a few people getting their tickets axed so watch out for your chance to buy them again (unless TM have a waiting list already)."

So by this i assume he tried to sell them. I can see this getting messy june/july time.

Yea i just had a look on another forum. TM are now sending round their cancellation emails. If you bought more than four (on diff dates diff codes) in the presale you should be fine. If you bought more than four in your household in the general sale the watch this space! If you do recieve an email, and you don't think you have broke the terms and conditions then i suggest you call to confirm this, as TM sent the dreaded email to someone who had only bought tickets in the presale, when she called to check, they realised it was a mistake. Just another failing by our lovable TicketShafter!

Back