Help honor MJ with a Star in Las Vegas!

Chichi.......

The URL you guys posted on the front of the main site and the news is wrong! LOL

The correct URL to the bStar for MJ campoaign is:

www.astarformichaeljackson.com

I tried IMing you here twice.....but it wont work for some reason?! Anyway....just wanted to say THANK YOU to you & everyone at MJJC! You guys rock!

Now, if we can change the url......lol....

PS: I'll add MJJC as a participating partner in this campain on our partners page. Do you guys have a banner I can use???

Thanks again......

Donna

That's great! I am definitelly participating, BUT how and where can I donate? There is no Michael's name on the LasVegasStar nominees http://www.lasvegaswalkofstars.com/nominees.htm (at least I don't see his name)

Yes..........Michael was a nominee........we nominated him over a year ago........but now the Walk of Stars Committe has APPROVED him to receive a Star!! I have met with the committe several times, along with the President & founder of the LVWOS! I just met with them last week. Everything is a go!!!! ;)

Yes..........Michael was a nominee........we nominated him over a year ago........but now the Walk of Stars Committe has APPROVED him to receive a Star!! I have met with the committe several times, along with the President & founder of the LVWOS! I just met with them last week. Everything is a go!!!! ;)

Do you have anything official? Anything on paper? I mean...if you're going to collect 15,000 dollars from fans...that's a LOT of money.

And I'd like to know what happens to the money IF it doesn't add up to 15, 000...if it's not enough for the star. What happens then? Where does the money go? Or if you fundraise more than 15, 000 dollars...where does the rest go?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Summer......

I understand if there is a trust issue here considering there are all kinds of scams on the internet. I understand completely. If you would like this to be confirmed....that this project is legit....please feel free to contact the LVWOS president & founder Bob Anderson.....and ask him. You'll find his contact info on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars official site. The donations will stay in an account until the total fund of $15,000 has been collected. It will stay there no matter how long it takes to raise the funds. Once the $15,000 has been raised we will no longer be taking donations.

Also, I have been in the fan club world since 1999 and have had many fan events that involved money and everything I have done is 100% legit. The KOPF also sold $20,000 in concert tickets for MJ's NY concert in 2001. I, personally, collected the money for the tickets sold by my club and I personally handed the $20,000 check to Evvy Tavasci, Michael's personal assistant at that time.

Hope that helps answer your concerns.

Donna

One more thing........ the Official Walk of Stars Committe will also be putting a link to our Star for MJ campaign on their site. There is an Elvis fan club that is also running a campaign to get a star for Elvis and a link to their campaign will be put on the LVWOS site.

WOSBANNER2.gif

The City of Las Vegas, Nevada now has a "Walk of Stars" on the Las Vegas Strip, similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood. The King of Pop Fanatics are currently trying to raise funds to sponsor a Star for Michael. We welcome all fan clubs & forums to join us in our campaign to fund the star for Michael on behalf of all MJ fans & fan clubs world-wide! Let's do this TOGETHER! We want this to be a gift/honor for Michael from ALL fans & ALL fan clubs around the world, not just from the King of Pop Fanatics! If we all work together we can make this a reality!

For COMPLETE details and to DONATE, please visit the link below:

http://www.astarformichaeljackson.com/http://www.astarformichaeljackson.com

Wow Donna, I didn't even know the KOP Fanatics were still around! :eek: One of the very few groups that have been around since MJIFC days ^_^ Good luck with this one :)

Yes, we are still around.......we actually had to close down for a few years due to our working schedules and moving from California to Las Vegas, however, we are BACK! Actually, even though the site was shut down, we were still very active & supportive during the trial. Its hard to run a club when you work full time, but Michael and the fans are our passion.....so, we are going to give it everything we have and try to be just as active & supportive as we ever were!

Yes, we are still around.......we actually had to close down for a few years due to our working schedules and moving from California to Las Vegas, however, we are BACK! Actually, even though the site was shut down, we were still very active & supportive during the trial. Its hard to run a club when you work full time, but Michael and the fans are our passion.....so, we are going to give it everything we have and try to be just as active & supportive as we ever were!

Good for you ^_^ And you're welcome :yes:

BUMP!! :D

Thanks so much Donna for this opportunity and for reassuring us that it is indeed legit and we can donate without concern.

I'll be able to do my part in the next coming days. Hopefully we will make this happen this summer. It would be wonderful to honor Michael with a star, and to know that this is one of the greatest gifts us fans could provide him with. I hope the prospects of us getting together and travelling to Las Vegas come to fruation as well. I'd love to meet everyone. ^_^

BUMP!! :D

Thanks so much Donna for this opportunity and for reassuring us that it is indeed legit and we can donate without concern.

I'll be able to do my part in the next coming days. Hopefully we will make this happen this summer. It would be wonderful to honor Michael with a star, and to know that this is one of the greatest gifts us fans could provide him with. I hope the prospects of us getting together and travelling to Las Vegas come to fruation as well. I'd love to meet everyone. ^_^

We definately will be having some type of fan event after the Star dedication ceremony. We want to have something fun & exciting for all the fans who travel to Vegas to get to meet and know one another. Once we get the funding for the Star we'll start planning something right away!!

::::::::::::::BUMP::::::::::::::

Come on guys.......lets make this happen..........remember, every dollar counts! Imagine, if every MJ fan out there donated just a little something we'd have the funds in no time!!!!! We can make this a reality, and all it takes is ALL of us pulling together and contributing just a little.

Thanks......

www.astarformichaeljackson.com

**bump**

Corrections made on main site ;) thank you for the heads up Donna.

I have a question. When I go to the Stars website and I check the nominee list, I don't see Michael's name on there. What I do see is The Jackson Five. Is this what we are paying for? Or is Michael going to have his own star?

I have a question. When I go to the Stars website and I check the nominee list, I don't see Michael's name on there. What I do see is The Jackson Five. Is this what we are paying for? Or is Michael going to have his own star?

The star we are funding for is for MICHAEL, not the Jackson 5. And I think Michael's name isnt on the nominee's list because Michael is no longer a NOMINEE. I actually nominated Michael over a year ago and he is now APPROVED. I also had a meeting with Bob Anderson (president & founder of the LV Walk of Stars) twice last week and everything is APPROVED and is a GO! All we need to do now is raise the money to fund the star. Hope that answers your question.

Chichi & crew.........THANK you for fixing the URL! We have placed MJJC's banner on the Star funding site as one of our partners! Thanks so much ;)

Last edited:
Will we be informed in good time as to when mj is going to receive the star? as i am considering going to vegas to see the ceramony and i live in the u.k so i need enough time to get tickets etc!

Thanks, Vegas, for answering my question.

I'm sure she will inform us when Michael's ceremony is. I hope Michael shows up for his ceremony too. I think I will try to go too since I only live 3 hours away.

YES! We will give everyone enough notice so that they can plan their trip out here to Vegas for the dedication ceremony. And........the Walk of Stars Committe only has the dedication ceremony if the honoree (MJ) is there! They NEVER have a dedication ceremony without the honoree! So, Michael will have to be there. Once we have the total amount of money raised, the LVWOS committee will work with MJ & his peeps so that Michael can choose the date of the ceremony that he wants! But....we need to raise the money first!!!!!

Donna :)

Last edited:
I like the idea but if you say that if there is no MJ there won't be ceremony, don't you think you should get some kind of approval from MJ's camp before collecting all that money? Even though there is not an exact date for the ceremony at least tell them about the project and ask if MJ would agree to attend.

With a confirmed OK from MJ's camp there would be more donations.

So where and how do we send the money. Is there a address for it . Can we send it threw the mail or does it have to be done on line.I sure what to be part of this one . thanks this is so great and just think how Michael will feel when he gets all this love from his fans.

So where and how do we send the money. Is there a address for it . Can we send it threw the mail or does it have to be done on line.I sure what to be part of this one . thanks this is so great and just think how Michael will feel when he gets all this love from his fans.

LOL Um, did you read this post? The link is on the first page & post of this topic. Click on it to go to the official MJ star donation site. There you will find ALL information.

http://www.astarformichaeljackson.com

And, yes, we have tried contact Raymone Bain about this many, many times for over one year.......she does not respond to us. Why? I dont know. In years past we always worked with Michaels past assistant, Evvy Tavasci, and she always responded to us......ALWAYS. I have Raymones correct email addy & office phone number where I have left numerous messages in the past, but she never responds to us. We dont understand. I guess we'll have to find another way to let Michael know about this. It's a shame that she doesnt respond to fan clubs....or, at least ours for some reason. Its really frustrating. We are going to keep working on it. Besides, it will take time to raise the funds in the mean time. We have worked with MJ & Evvy for almost 10 years and have never had this problem before. Its really sad. You try to do something positive for Michael and his PR/assistant doesnt seem to care. Sorry, but thats how we feel.

Last edited:
This idea is WONDERFUL. Thank you Donna for nominating MJ. I am totally donating when I get paid next week. I am also going to add you on myspace.

Sorry to read that you have tried contact Ms. Bain about this and she has not responded. Just hope that you can find someway to let MJ know about what you are doing for him.

I hope that everyone reads this thread and do your part.

Back