HIStory & me

laeticia.fr

Proud Member
This is a thread to share your memories related to HIStory Album, HIStory Tour or everything happened in HIStory Era.

I bought HIStory albums on the day of its release at FNAC (French big book chain store).
I remember the music section of the store was decorated with this CD and posters; on the walls, on the shelves, at cashiers, really everywhere.
While I was standing in line at a cashier, I saw a bunch of other people who had this CD in their hand at other casiers.
I felt so good. We looked at each other and smiled.
I got back home, I listened to Disc 2 I don’t know how many times.
The next evening, I organized a party with my MJ fans friends to celebrate the release of the album.
We were happy. We loved all new songs.

I was about 10 years old and my brother got HIStory for his birthday. That summer, we hung out and played outside every day with the kids from down the street, two sisters (who to this day are my oldest and dearest friends) and their twin brothers as we did every summer. We had a big C.D. player and kept it in our garage and played nothing except HIStory and The Lion King soundtrack. My poor neighbours. It is a special memory for me because it is one of the really happy memories of my childhood. I have a lot of negative memories, but I only remember good things about these summer days.

What I really remember was the hologram image of the "statue Michael" on the actual discs. This is a very strong image for me... it just represents strength, safety, security... this might sound really weird, but I have this feeling when I see it that it is a larger image that as been cropped. With all the children of the world standing behind him, and all the bad things that could hurt us in front of him, and you know he won't let anything get past him. It's just how I feel when I see that image of him, also of him at the concert in Brunei after he gets "toasted" up onto the stage and he just stood there. This for me is why he is an image of what it is to be strong without being hard. This is something that I struggled with for a long time and am learning from Michael. That's why The whole History era means so much to me.

With HIStory the 'doom and gloom' from the Dangerous era cleared up :cheeky:

I had found a job finally :clapping:and I loved going to the music store during breaks... There was always something NEW of Michael... A single, a DVD, a T- shirt, the display in the shop ;)

I had up to 25 Penpals then as I joined a fan club trying to cope with this 'dark age' in my 'fandom'.

Life was good again... till Dec 7, 1995... I was a 'zombie' for a week and only ate 'pudding'... I went to work on automatic when Michael spend that week in the ICU and Thanks God, they saved Michael then :angel:

HIStory was also a GOLDEN era for me :blush: I saw 6 HIStory concerts and I was and ehmm still HOOKED on those 'gold pants'... I even own a pair of them :cheeky:

HIStory restored my confidence as I had the 'dough' now to see Michael where I wanted ;D

HIStory was also a GOLDEN era for me :blush: I saw 6 HIStory concerts and I was and ehmm still HOOKED on those 'gold pants'... I even own a pair of them :cheeky:

You really are a great fan. I admire you :yes: :girl_pride:

I never got the idea to go to see Michael. To me such an idea was unrealistic, surreal ...
It was as if I was going to Venus or Mars :busted: :blink:

You really are a great fan. I admire you :yes: :girl_pride:

I never got the idea to go to see Michael. To me such an idea was unrealistic, surreal ...
It was as if I was going to Venus or Mars :busted: :blink:

Well, it's exciting... It was for me like going to see my BEST friend, Boyfriend, my Soul mate :angel:

ONCE, you have felt Michael's AURA and :heart: it's kind of 'addicting' to see him again...
I felt so SAVE when Michael 'was' around... Even in a 'strange' country where you don't even speak the language but Michael strolled out so much :heart: and care and NOW, I just feel 'lost' :(

Well, it's exciting... It was for me like going to see my BEST friend, Boyfriend, my Soul mate :angel:

ONCE, you have felt Michael's AURA and :heart: it's kind of 'addicting' to see him again...
I felt so SAVE when Michael 'was' around... Even in a 'strange' country where you don't even speak the language but Michael strolled out so much :heart: and care and NOW, I just feel 'lost' :(

Oh that's great :girl_pride:
How many times in total you've been seeing Michael? :girl_smile:
I should attend a concert at least once ... especially HIStory Tour, because I could if I really had intended. :bored:
But I was just pleased to listen to HIStory album :listeningtomusic without ever thinking getting a ticket. :bored2:

Oh that's great :girl_pride:
How many times in total you've been seeing Michael? :girl_smile:
I should attend a concert at least once ... especially HIStory Tour, because I could if I really had intended. :bored:
But I was just pleased to listen to HIStory album :listeningtomusic without ever thinking getting a ticket. :bored2:

HOLD ON :better:

13 times... :doh:
'This is it' would have been the 14th time and I still can't get over the fact that we 'lost' him so suddenly
:cry:

So, HERE I'm HOME :wub:

Daryll748;3725935 said:
HOLD ON :better:

13 times... :doh:
'This is it' would have been the 14th time and I still can't get over the fact that we 'lost' him so suddenly
:cry:

So, HERE I'm HOME :wub:

Wow 13 times !!! :wild: :w00t: I wonder how many hours in total you’ve been with Michael. :excited:

I had no doubt you got a ticket for This Is It. :huh:

Among those 13 times, when you saw Michael nearest, how many meters or centimetres’ distance was there between you and Michael? :dance:

Ahaha, I cannot help but ask you stupid questions :D because this is the first time I met someone who had seen Michael in real life. :dancing:

laeticia.fr;3726030 said:
Wow 13 times !!! :wild: :w00t: I wonder how many hours in total you’ve been with Michael. :excited:

I had no doubt you got a ticket for This Is It. :huh:

Among those 13 times, when you saw Michael nearest, how many meters or centimetres’ distance was there between you and Michael? :dance:

Ahaha, I cannot help but ask you stupid questions :D because this is the first time I met someone who had seen Michael in real life. :dancing:

I don't mind and NO they are not 'stupid' as long as it doesn't concern 'rumours:smilerolleyes:'

Moments like these I FEEL blessed to share my memories with you guys as I feel that is how Michael lives on... he lives in me... :blush: Through all my memories...

HOW far is a double deck bus from the curb?
See, I never thought about the 'centimeters' or even inches... WHEN Michael glances at you, you stand on 'hollowed ground'... I didn't quite understand WHY fans were so ecstatic when Michael 'glanced' at them and yet when it happened to me... Then, I fully understood the wave of love and peace strolling through every cell of your body... Michael literately "knocks you off your feet" :D

Oh, how far is the balcony when he's leaning over it so he can glance at you again?
See, distance doesn't matter... Even time stands still... I was too mesmerized to take a piccie... Michael has the most 'radiant' aura and such pure eyes that stroll out so much :heart:

It still baffles me to this day what an 'affect' Michael had on me... :blush:

Ah well, We had seats near the stage :cry: for the BEST view and was gonna show up at his hotel in my GOLD pants :blush:

Moments like these I FEEL blessed to share my memories with you guys as I feel that is how Michael lives on... he lives in me... :blush: Through all my memories...

I love hearing your memories :hat_wave:
I'd even like you to share ALL your memories and MJ experiences if possible :pray:
You'll probably think I'm not very reasonable ;D
But me too I sort of feel blessed when you share your memories :sun:

I love hearing your memories :hat_wave:
I'd even like you to share ALL your memories and MJ experiences if possible :pray:
You'll probably think I'm not very reasonable ;D
But me too I sort of feel blessed when you share your memories :sun:

Awwww :wub: how sweet and kind of you... This gives me wings as Michael is so dear to me that I :heart: talking about him...
So, stay tuned here and I'll :tease: with more heartfelt memories...

Thanks Laeticia.fr :bow:

MUCH :heart: from Daz.

Okay, you ready? :wild:

Since this is the HIStory and me topic... I pondered if I didn't have a 'Michael' story there and 2 'popped' up... So here we go...

July 1997 was the first time I got to see London... I was glad I was on 'holiday break' so I booked a week... It would turn out a BLISS week for me... I got 3 HIStory tour tickets from a friend that bought them but then 'sold' them to me for a bargain cause she had found a 'summer job' :wild:

FIRST encounter was at Michael's hotel "The Carlton hotel" in Knightbridge ... I can't remember the day any more as when you're with Michael days and hours are NOT important any more :smilerolleyes:

I stood behind the 'hip high' fence as otherwise we could 'clog' traffic :scratch:
There was a lot of commotion and screaming and just out of the blue... I jumped over the 'hip high' fence and before I realised it... I was 'glued' to Michael's car... I could just 'notice' Michael's embroided sleeve... That 'image' is branded in my mind but I didn't have time to look up as I was 'roughly' pushed to the ground by Hotel security...

What will always stay in my heart is the fact that the car with Michael in it... Didn't took off until I was well and good on my feet again... Sweet man :wub:

So, it was 'Michael mania' taking over the streets of London... Fans were running in the middle of the street almost run over by cars... I was like 'running' for my life too... Fans wanted to push me into a cab as they told me Michael was hitting Hamleys but I refused and headed for the nearest tube... I was like on fire...

Michael was indeed in Hamleys as his Chrysler Voyager stood there parked... I could even touch the bonnet of his car and it felt still HOT so I made it 'in time'...

The second encounter broke my :heart: in thousands pieces...
As Michael came out of the store... Mayhem erupted... There was pushing, screaming...
Where was Michael?
I saw how he crawled to his car :blink: That really made me :cry:
Is this the 'price of fame' ?
I was in that crowd too and I stood there :blink:
HOW could we treat Michael like that?
I vowed to Michael that I would never 'scare' him like that again but what could I do? I was 'caught up' in the Michael mania :doh:

I had seen the mobbing scenes on TV... It's exciting there... NOT if you're caught up in it and see with your own eyes how Michael has to 'crawl' to the safety of his car :no:

This was another 'golden' memory out of the vault of Daz. :dancin:

Thank you so much, Daryll, for telling us your MJ experiences :girl_pride:

Daryll748;3726910 said:

July 1997 was the first time I got to see London... I was glad I was on 'holiday break' so I booked a week... It would turn out a BLISS week for me... I got 3 HIStory tour tickets from a friend that bought them but then 'sold' them to me for a bargain cause she had found a 'summer job' :wild:

FIRST encounter was at Michael's hotel "The Carlton hotel" in Knightbridge ... I can't remember the day any more as when you're with Michael days and hours are NOT important any more :smilerolleyes:

I stood behind the 'hip high' fence as otherwise we could 'clog' traffic :scratch:
There was a lot of commotion and screaming and just out of the blue... I jumped over the 'hip high' fence and before I realised it... I was 'glued' to Michael's car... I could just 'notice' Michael's embroided sleeve... That 'image' is branded in my mind but I didn't have time to look up as I was 'roughly' pushed to the ground by Hotel security...

What will always stay in my heart is the fact that the car with Michael in it... Didn't took off until I was well and good on my feet again... Sweet man :wub:

So, it was 'Michael mania' taking over the streets of London... Fans were running in the middle of the street almost run over by cars... I was like 'running' for my life too... Fans wanted to push me into a cab as they told me Michael was hitting Hamleys but I refused and headed for the nearest tube... I was like on fire...

Michael was indeed in Hamleys as his Chrysler Voyager stood there parked... I could even touch the bonnet of his car and it felt still HOT so I made it 'in time'...

I can easily imagine your excitement and your joy of seeing Michael. :dancin:
But what you wrote afterwards gave me some kind of complex feelings. :busted: :blink:

Daryll748;3726910 said:
The second encounter broke my :heart: in thousands pieces...
As Michael came out of the store... Mayhem erupted... There was pushing, screaming...
Where was Michael?
I saw how he crawled to his car :blink: That really made me :cry:
Is this the 'price of fame' ?
I was in that crowd too and I stood there :blink:
HOW could we treat Michael like that?
I vowed to Michael that I would never 'scare' him like that again but what could I do? I was 'caught up' in the Michael mania :doh:

I had seen the mobbing scenes on TV... It's exciting there... NOT if you're caught up in it and see with your own eyes how Michael has to 'crawl' to the safety of his car :no:

This was another 'golden' memory out of the vault of Daz. :dancin:

As a fan, I understand fans excitement watching Michael, I guess they cannot help but scream, cry, faint, try to touch him, follow him running or by car ... I wonder how I would react if I watched Michael. Although I never have screamed in my life even when I was little according to my mother, I would scream for the first time in my life. :girl_tantrum: :shout2:

But I also imagine fans reactions would annoy him rather than giving him a pleasure. :mello:
Poor Michael. Since the time of J5, he almost never had a private life, he never had freedom to live a life of everyone, an ordinary life of ordinary people. :(
Or I am wrong to think this way. He has so much used to be surrounded and followed by fans and paparazzi that for him it would be something quite normal, usual and ordinary. :unsure:
But Even if he had perceived things that way, I'd rather give him peace. In other words, I'd rather not be to encounter Michael; so there would be less of a person shouting and acting in a disturbing way. -_-
Anyway I would never part of fans camping outside his house or keeping scream all night under the window of his hotel room… :nooo:
To avoid being misunderstood, I repeat that I understand very well fans reaction and that if I was there I would not be different from them. :brow:
I have no intention of blaming the fans for acting or reacting that way. :nono:
Simply, as I wrote at the beginning, it gives me some kind of confused impressions if I put myself in his shoes ... :teary_eyed: :ermm: :dntknw:

Last edited:
I completely understand laeticia! I feel the same way, but I feel that Michael really wanted to connect with people and the excitement of fans stopped that for him. You might have heard the story Michael told about the Thriller era where he would just walk around and literally walk up to people and ask "Will you be my friend?" and they would just say something like "Oh my god, it's Michael Jackson!" and he would just go back home and cry.

This breaks my heart so much, and for that reason I think I take human connections for granted, even just in small ways. I will never know for sure, but I think there were times when the crowds made him feel very alone. I went to a wedding last night and was introduced a several people... I actually took a moment to remember Michael thinking "He would have loved this". People coming together, sharing and getting to know each other. I imagined how it would felt if I saw all that fun going on, but everybody screamed and hugged me when I met them... I would have felt so apart from everybody else.

I got the HIStory album when I was 11, this was in 2000. There was only one copy of it in the whole country so my parents did everything they could to get it for me. I was obsessed with ''Scream'' and I had to have it. Mind you, this was a time before YouTube, Itunes, eBay and all that. These things were not available in Croatia, some of them still aren't (iTunes and Spotify, I'm lookin' at you). So, the album holds a very special place in my heart, becuase it was the first MJ cd I ever got and it was very expensive. When I got it, it didn't matter to me that the music was five years old, it sounded fresh to me and it still does.

Wow, thanks for sharing that Katy Bird! I did not know it was so hard to get in our country. When History came out, and I listened to it all the time, I was about the same age (in 1995) and Scream was my favorite too! The way I remember it there was the most hype surrounding that song because of the duet of course but also because of the video. Much Music (A Canadian music station like MTV) promoted it for a long time before it actually aired, it was one of those things that you'd ask you're friends the next day "Did you see the Scream video?!" It was my favorite at the time but now I think I love "They Don't Care About Us" a bit more.

Yeah, HIStory is still rare, there aren't any copies in ANY of the big cd stores nor in any of the second hand shops - I know, I've looked. And I live in Zagreb, which is the capital of Croatia.

I got the HIStory album when I was 11, this was in 2000. There was only one copy of it in the whole country so my parents did everything they could to get it for me.

Wow Wow Wow :wild: :wild: Unbelievable for a person living in a country like mine (France), but I know you're telling the truth. :yes:
You're so lucky having nice and comprehensive parents doing everything for you. I guess they too are big fans of Michael, aren't they? ;D

laeticia.fr;3727588 said:
Thank you so much, Daryll, for telling us your MJ experiences :girl_pride:

I can easily imagine your excitement and your joy of seeing Michael. :dancin:
But what you wrote afterwards gave me some kind of complex feelings. :busted: :blink:

As a fan, I understand fans excitement watching Michael, I guess they cannot help but scream, cry, faint, try to touch him, follow him running or by car ... I wonder how I would react if I watched Michael. Although I never have screamed in my life even when I was little according to my mother, I would scream for the first time in my life. :girl_tantrum: :shout2:

But I also imagine fans reactions would annoy him rather than giving him a pleasure. :mello:
Poor Michael. Since the time of J5, he almost never had a private life, he never had freedom to live a life of everyone, an ordinary life of ordinary people. :(
Or I am wrong to think this way. He has so much used to be surrounded and followed by fans and paparazzi that for him it would be something quite normal, usual and ordinary. :unsure:
But Even if he had perceived things that way, I'd rather give him peace. In other words, I'd rather not be to encounter Michael; so there would be less of a person shouting and acting in a disturbing way. -_-
Anyway I would never part of fans camping outside his house or keeping scream all night under the window of his hotel room… :nooo:
To avoid being misunderstood, I repeat that I understand very well fans reaction and that if I was there I would not be different from them. :brow:
I have no intention of blaming the fans for acting or reacting that way. :nono:
Simply, as I wrote at the beginning, it gives me some kind of confused impressions if I put myself in his shoes ... :teary_eyed: :ermm: :dntknw:[/SIZE]

You 'spelled' it out nice and respectfully... :bow: It's totally NOT about 'condemning' fans but once again about 'feelings' rushing through you of how Michael had to act...

Yep, Michael had to always withstand a 'storm' like this... :unsure:

It's a two edged sword hey... Michael does like the excitement of the fans but that also means his 'safety' is somehow 'compromised'...

I know, he loves us with all his :heart: and every 'crazy' thing fans did was out of 'adulation' and 'devotion' ... It's HUMAN NATURE :blush:

Wow Wow Wow :wild: :wild: Unbelievable for a person living in a country like mine (France), but I know you're telling the truth. :yes:
You're so lucky having nice and comprehensive parents doing everything for you. I guess they too are big fans of Michael, aren't they? ;D

They're actually not, but they support my passion for music and they quickly realized that Michael was special for me. They had to call in several cd shops and music distributors across the country untill they found that one copy and we had to wait for it to arrive by post. Croatia has only four million people so it's not a big, profitable market and people don't really buy music here so I guess there was no need for them to have HIStory since no one would buy it. No one except me. :)

Daryll748;3727752 said:
Michael does like the excitement of the fans but that also means his 'safety' is somehow 'compromised'...

Lark0016;3727597 said:
I completely understand laeticia! I feel the same way, but I feel that Michael really wanted to connect with people and the excitement of fans stopped that for him. You might have heard the story Michael told about the Thriller era where he would just walk around and literally walk up to people and ask "Will you be my friend?" and they would just say something like "Oh my god, it's Michael Jackson!" and he would just go back home and cry.

This breaks my heart so much, and for that reason I think I take human connections for granted, even just in small ways. I will never know for sure, but I think there were times when the crowds made him feel very alone.

Yes, Lark, I know this episode in Thriller era. And when he was ten, after entering in MoTown, he already had no time to play with his age’s children after school, he had to go to the studio for recording until late in the evening… Poor Michael :cry:

In Thriller era, he could still go out alone without disguise, and this also in Bad era, but most of time with disguise, I guess.

I wonder when exactly he stopped going out alone.

When he had a car accident and went to Jordy Chandler’s step father’s garage, he was alone. To be honest, I would have preferred Michael had stopped already in Thriller era or Bad era going out without bodyguards. In Dangerous era he was known in the whole world, so there were any sort of danger, it was predictable. If he had already stopped going out alone, even if there was a car accident, his driver could easily have repaired the car, so Michael wouldn’t have met Jordy ... :cry:
I understand Michael’s wish to be free, but in fact there were too many dangers and pitfalls, so he should have been much more cautious ... But the problem is that he was so good and naïve and he tended to trust everyone... :cry: and he also wanted to play with young children to relive his lost childhood. :cry:

I can't tell you just how happy and excited I was during the start of that era. Especially since I was finally old enough to remember an entire MJ era. Since I was 15 years old when it had started. I remember back in June of 1995 I was so totally looking forward to taping and watching that interview that Michael and Lisa did with Diane Sawyer. Which I still have on tape of course. As well as my mother's boyfriend (Now husband) at the time taped for me all those MJ related programs that MTV was showing. Since I didn't have cable just yet. MTV became MJ tv for a whole week. In August of that year I had finally gotten the HIStory Album. I would have gotten it a lot sooner if I wasn't moving in to this house at the time. Went home and gone right up to my room to listen to it. I remember the first few times of listening to Stranger In Moscow and Little Susie made me cry. But I had just so L.O.V.E. those songs so much. I remember a month later my eyes was just totally glued to the tv when the MTV VMAs came on. I remember spending that entire day thinking just how much I couldn't wait to get home. To see and tape the VMAs. I remember being in my room with the tv on taping the VMAs as I also watch it. I just could not take my eyes off of Michael not even for a second. I just so happy and excited but I wasn't surprise when Michael won the moonman for the best dance video for Scream. I already knew that he was going to win best dance. Both Michael and Janet came up on stage to get it. Back then my vcr was always constantly recording MJ related stuff. I literally have every single news story that they ever talked about Michael on tv on blank video tapes. If it had to do with Michael whether good or bad it got put on tape. Ever since 1993 I always had this crazy obsession to tape anything that has to do with Michael. I remember back in either November or December of 1995 I remember sitting in my mother's car in the front of my house. Waiting for her to come out of the house. Because she had forgotten something. Cause me and her were going somewhere I forget where. She had the radio on and I remember hearing the DJ saying that you have a chance to win 2 tickets to Michael Jackson's one night only concert in New York City. You have no idea just how badly I had wanted those tickets. But even if I did won them. I really have no way of going to New York to see him. Even though I happen to live just a few hours away from that city. And I so badly wanted my mother and her fiance to get HBO so I can watch it on tv. Of course they didn't. But this was before I knew about Michael getting really sick. I was just so extremely upset when I heard the news about him on tv. Especially reading that one New York City newspaper how Michael was just 15 minutes away from..... Well you know. I really did not want to believe that was true. But I was so extremely happy when he had gotten better. And that he was finally released from the hospital.

I remember I think back in May of 1996 being in school looking so forward to seeing and taping the entire 96 World Music Awards that night. That performance he did of Earth Song. I truly think is one of the most greatest performances he has ever done in his life. It is also the only performance of his that has ever made me cry every single time I had watch it. Because I remember seeing the premiere of his Earth Song video. And that video really open my eyes and saw what people were doing to this planet. And to the animals that lives on it. Before that I was just like my older brother that didn't really care at all about the planet and the animals that lives on it. He is still like that now. And thinks that I am totally insane for feeling the way I do now about Earth and the animals that lives on it. And I told my MJ hating brother. If you saw Michael's Earth Song video it will make you see things differently. But any way what I really L.O.V.E. is how Diana Ross sat on Michael's lap as she was singing. And to see the expression on Michael's face when she did that. I just thought it was one of the most cutest things ever. And I just found it so very funny. Then of course I totally remember all of the controversy of him making the videos for They Don't Care About Us. I should since my country just would not shut up about it. Every single day there was some kind of talk about it. Where I never saw what the problem was with it. I do admit though for a long time I had only liked the Brazilian version of that video. I had never liked the Prison version until over 10 years ago. When I actually decided to see it. And realized how much I had L.O.V.E. and prefer it over the Brazilian version. Also in 1996 I had became a gold pants girl. Being 16 years old and to see my man in the most tightest sexiest pants ever. Not only did I nearly had a heart attack when I saw just how sexy and hot he had looked in them. I was also totally drooling over them. As I wish so much that I was those gold pants of his. I have been a true gold pants girl ever since.

In 1997 I remember back in February of that year. Being so extremely happy and excited for Michael. When Prince was born. I remember telling my mother later that month to please get me Life Magazine. Which she did even though she really didn't want to. And of course I still have that magazine. I also remember seeing and taping that Elizabeth Taylor 65th Birthday Special. That Michael had perform for her the song that he wrote Elizabeth, I Love You. I just so totally L.O.V.E. that song that he did. About a couple of months or so later I remember hearing about a 90 minute BET special they did of Michael's HIStory Tour. But when I heard what time they were going to air it. I knew I will not be home from school in time to tape it. So I had my mother tape it for me before she left for work. Which she did of course. It was such an amazing special that they did of him. I really L.O.V.E. how they showed some of the things that Michael did. I really L.O.V.E. how they showed him going on that roller coaster. And unfortunately it was only aired a few times and that was it. So I am so very glad that it got taped when it did. And of course I remember going to the mall to get my Blood On The Dance Floor cd and tape. I also remember coming home from school that one day. Went up to my room to put my tv on. And I was saw BET showing Michael's Blood On The Dance Floor video. And of course I was totally freaking out when I saw how hot and sexy Michael was in that video. I can tell you my homework was not done that night. How could I possibly concentrate on it. After what I just saw on tv. Back then I had a MJ 6th sense because I had always seem to know when Michael is going to be shown on tv back then. And I was always just in time to see it and/or taped it. I am still very surprise how I did not worn out my VCR from all of the MJ related stuff that got taped back then. Which I still have now of course. Like the Barbara Walters interview. I remember that morning asking my mother that if I could stay home from school that day. Because I had woke up with severe streph throat. So my mother did let me stay home. So I remember going back to bed to lay down and watch tv. But the one thing I so totally haven't forgotten was that MJ interview that will be on that night. I had a blank tape already to go for me to tape it. And I remember that night when the interview started my streph throat as bad as it was. It was totally gone the minute I saw Michael. And saw how gorgeously sexy he had looked in that outfit. And I wasn't really taken any kind of medicine for it. Michael was really the only medicine I needed that day. I know it sounds crazy. But it was like some how he knew that one of his female fans was sick. And decided to wear something that might make his fan feel better. And it really did. And that was really like the last time I ever remember getting streph throat.

That is just some of my memories that I had of that wonderful era. I could tell you more but most of it is school related. And you really don't need to know how much I was teased and made fun of in my high school. For liking Michael Jackson. Who I was the only fan of his in my entire high school full of haters. But I can tell you the last 2 years of my high school was when I really had enough of those kids hatefulness towards Michael. And I really fought back and defended him. And I became an attack dog. Back then you seriously did not want to mess with me when it came to Michael Jackson.

Thanks for your big post :girl_butterfly: I found very interesting but I just quote the last paragraph.

MJsBollywoodGirl7;3728389 said:
That is just some of my memories that I had of that wonderful era. I could tell you more but most of it is school related. And you really don't need to know how much I was teased and made fun of in my high school. For liking Michael Jackson. Who I was the only fan of his in my entire high school full of haters. But I can tell you the last 2 years of my high school was when I really had enough of those kids hatefulness towards Michael. And I really fought back and defended him. And I became an attack dog. Back then you seriously did not want to mess with me when it came to Michael Jackson.

I’m glad to know you were a ferocious attack dog, but I’m truly sad hearing you were a single fan in your school and the others were filled with hatred against Michael.:mello:

My questions are simple and naïve. :mello:
Why people could hate someone they don’t even know? Why people could believe so easily in what is written by tabloid magazine? Why people want to be part of the majority instead of having their own opinion? etc etc :mello:

Croatia has only four million people so it's not a big, profitable market and people don't really buy music here so I guess there was no need for them to have HIStory since no one would buy it. No one except me. :)

I'd like to know if things have changed after Michael's passing.

laeticia.fr;3728537 said:
My questions are simple and naïve. :mello:
Why people could hate someone they don’t even know? Why people could believe so easily in what is written by tabloid magazine? Why people want to be part of the majority instead of having their own opinion? etc etc :mello:

First question... BEATS... IGNORANCE perhaps :smilerolleyes: what is NOT known 'scares' a lot of people...
Second question... Cause a lot of peeps don't THINK... They JUDGE cause it's the 'easiest' thing to do... STANDING UP for someone takes COURAGE and BADness ;)
Third question... In mine opinion, it's FEAR... Fear of NOT been 'accepted' if you act and think 'different' then the ''sheep" crowd...

I've seen it in REAL life between colleagues... I've seen someone LOSE her 'identity' cause then she fitted into their 'narrow minded' thinking... :scratch:SAD really...

Sowwy, for 'answering' with my :2cents:... I just couldn't HELP it :doh:

Not really. HIStory is still not available. The only available albums widely available are Invincible and Thriller 25. There were some compilation albums by the Jackson 5 and Number Ones right after he passed away, and now you can find The Essential, but that's about it. I was lucky to find a lot of DVDs in our shops, but now that's also become a rarity. This is a link to the list of MJ's stuff available in the biggest cd shop in Zagreb, which is the capital of Croatia:
http://www.profil-mozaik.hr/rezultati-trazenja?iskanje=Michael+jackson

Not a lot to choose from.

Back