HMH Official UK Singles Chart-Reaches Number 11

not surprising when u have the feck up with the video and releasing a singe a week b4 the album is released

It's a dissapointment. Should get sales figures tomorrow morning, so we'll know how close it was to Top10.
I'll post the number here if nobody else beats me to it...

BTW radio airplay increased last week after 2 weeks in decline.
In moved from #19 to #14.

Most likely not helped by the controvery surrounding the album.

If Hollywood Tonight or Another Day had been released, they would have done better.

Slave To The Rhythm would have also done well in the UK.

I think fans should brace themselves, MICHAEL might break his number one album chart run. I hope not :(

Most likely not helped by the controvery surrounding the album.

If Hollywood Tonight or Another Day had been released, they would have done better.

Slave To The Rhythm would have also done well in the UK.

not sure what that has to do with it.its not like it was a cascio track. theres only so much u can do when theres no video and the album is released the week after. why bother buying the single if u are gonna get the album.

How could OMC get to number 4?? that didnt have a video and i never heard that on the radio. I have heard HMH loads this week on the radio....Gutted

I think it's possible it climbs still, isn't it? Because of the album release.

not sure what that has to do with it.its not like it was a cascio track. theres only so much u can do when theres no video and the album is released the week after. why bother buying the single if u are gonna get the album.

This is the first release from MICHAEL JACKSON after he died last year.

It should be big regardless. The controversy is not good. No matter what the general public thought of Michael, everyone respects his music and art.

The Cascio tracks, although HMH is not one of them, seem to have tainted slightly everyone's enthusiasm.

maybe but not very likely. singles dont climb much in the uk charts and the album being out would prob reduce sales as the song is on the album. so why buythe single if u are getting the album.thats the problem with having asingle out the week b4 the album

well done to those who supported the Hold My Hand single, no.11 is pretty good for a single without any promotion-the video has not been showing on music channels, no tv adverts, little airplay. Had the single had the same support as other artists this could have been a different story though. Sony really did screw up the release of Hold My Hand. Hold My Hand only got there through the support of core fans, rather than casual fans or general public imo. It would have reached a broader audience had Sony actually supported it.

Damn. Is there any chance the song may go higher next week? The promotion is likely going to increase because of the album release, so I don't know..... maybe there's still a chance for a top 10 single?

This is the first release from MICHAEL JACKSON after he died last year.

It should be big regardless. The controversy is not good. No matter what the general public thought of Michael, everyone respects his music and art.

The Cascio tracks, although HMH is not one of them, seem to have tainted slightly everyone's enthusiasm.

yeah well its hardly a strong song. its not an mj track just a typical akon r&B song. and nothing is big when the artist isnt here to promote it.and theres been nothing other than radio airplay. it would have been different if there had been a slot on the x factor for example.then the cascio issue wouldnt even be mentioned. big sales happened in 09 with the huge sales after june. and its not a release from MJ. this isnt like the old days.

well, they can count on all fans to buy the digital release and the CD single. Some fans even more likely to multiple buy this track as it's not "doubted" as Michael.

Plus add in Akon's fans and the story interest and it should have done OK...

To be honest, I think most people miss a good MJ dance track.

in my opinion very good!!
i am sure it will climb to top5

well done to those who supported the Hold My Hand single, no.11 is pretty good for a single without any promotion-the video has not been showing on music channels, no tv adverts, little airplay. Had the single had the same support as other artists this could have been a different story though. Sony really did screw up the release of Hold My Hand. Hold My Hand only got there through the support of core fans, rather than casual fans or general public imo. It would have reached a broader audience had Sony actually supported it.

:yes: - yep, where was the promotion?? and apart from the posters around the underground, banners on some websites has anyone seen any other promotion for the album?

I don't get it -- One More Chane debuted at #5 and it is a weaker song and had even less promotion and zero airplay. You'd think the first single after MJ's death will at least crack the top 10.

Well, hopefully the album will do better than that.

I have to say, honestly, I think it's a weak song to release as a single. They should have released Hollywood Tonight.

cause it came out at the same time as the allegations? which in a strange way created more support. also u have to wait on the actual sales. chart positions arent really relevent as HMH could have sold more in its first week than OMC but still chart lower cause of other releases

maybe but not very likely. singles dont climb much in the uk charts and the album being out would prob reduce sales as the song is on the album. so why buythe single if u are getting the album.thats the problem with having asingle out the week b4 the album

Yeah, but the singles are so cheap nowadays. I mean especially other people than fans (meaning those who are not that anxious and haven't decided to buy an album) can buy the single first still.

So close to debuting in the Top 10 :(
It will rise next week though, IMO.

I don't get it -- One More Chane debuted at #5 and it is a weaker song and had even less promotion and zero airplay. You'd think the first single after MJ's death will at least crack the top 10.

Well, hopefully the album will do better than that.

same here. shit damn. not even top 10! oh god! and there are everytime so much shitty songs out there always geting to number one.

I understand why it didn't do amazingly well though. It's like 90% akon and quite frankly, he's just annoying.

I feel ''Michael'' might not top UK album chart,If Take that are still selling 200,000+ copies after 4 weeks of release and they are performing right now on X factor which can only help their sales.
am so unhappy about hold my hand debut

Back