Hollywood Tonight - Official Discussion Thread

Re: Hollywood Tonight *Threads Merged*

Yes, it is, I've noticed that. Does anyone else love it but me? :D

Yes. I am very happy.
:punk:

He had no business being there in the first place...too bad they removed his greedy ass after the CD was sent to production.

This will be a collector now...

Where is Taryll in this song??? Am I just stupid and not hearing him?
LOL

Unless if he is doing the rap....? But I thought that was Teddy.

I think of the church choir in the beginning as maybe a sign of this girl's purety...and then she goes 'Hollywood', and taints her reputation and morals...that's how I see it, anyways..

My understanding is a little bit different. The opening is very sad to me, and carries the sorrow MJ feels for the girl. He'd been in the entertainment industry since age 5, and seen way too much. The chant is meant to cast a shadow over the girl's future despite her high hopes at that time.

Last edited:

Don't you think Michael had some fascination with Hollywood, there seems a theme running through some of the tracks, Monster, Hollywood Tonight and DYKWYCA, plus some songs portray his feelings about living and coping in the spotlight in Hollywood / LA. I don't know whether he hated living in LA or he thrived on the attention which made him write the lyrics?

"She's goinollywood!"

Where is Taryll in this song??? Am I just stupid and not hearing him?
LOL

Unless if he is doing the rap....? But I thought that was Teddy.

The last vocals in the songs "She's Hollywood, she's Hollywood"

Thank you Twddy Riley for removing Taryll's voice from "Hollywood Tonight".

That is probably my reward for avoiding the leaks...

Oh, Tarryll's spoken part has been removed?

Thank you Twddy Riley for removing Taryll's voice from "Hollywood Tonight".

That is probably my reward for avoiding the leaks...

Is this true?

Don't you think Michael had some fascination with Hollywood, there seems a theme running through some of the tracks, Monster, Hollywood Tonight and DYKWYCA, plus some songs portray his feelings about living and coping in the spotlight in Hollywood / LA. I don't know whether he hated living in LA or he thrived on the attention which made him write the lyrics?

He obviously didn't hate living in LA - he chose to. He just felt strongly about people wanting to become stars.

not really. it just suits the context of the song. he didnt live in l.A that much obviously as a child but when he moved out he went to the ranch and only came back to L.A cause of the concerts

how much of the music in HT was done by mj. interms of b4 teddy took the song to finish it. did he create the music or was it already there done by mj

Where is this edited version by Teddy?

HT as next single Please!

We need SONY to release som clubbangers as singles.

HT, BTM and AD would all be great singles.

I dont think the "to tinsel town" line is a glitch, I think it sounds like that because of MJ's beatboxing in the background.

I was thinking it was because of the beatboxing too. You can hear Michael singing "tinsel town", it's just the beatbox smothers it a little because of the "s" sounds.

anyone other then me feel that this song is about Marylin Monroe? lol i get that its about a random girl but "Changed her name to fit the screen" sounds like what Norma Jean did lol... I love the song but why doesn't it mention that the girl is only 15 in the song? its in the lyrics but not the song.?

Hollywood tonight sounds so good! If it were released as a single I think it would do very well, it sounds like the type of pop songs on the radio now.

Is that Michael at the beginning beatboxing or that something else like an instrument? It is really good.

Im absolutely in LOVE with this song!!! Everything about it is amazing!

Has anybody else considered how the chorus might be a reference to the Hollywood bikini wax?
'She's going Hollywood tonight'

As opposed to 'going commando', for example, she's 'going Hollywood'. Not going TO Hollywood...

Could be a tongue-in-cheek reference, considering the song has some sexual undertones.

^^ hahaha..i didn't even think of that....lol....although, i've never heard of a Hollywood bikini wax..only a Brazilian...:ninja:

@TeddyRiley1 I asked you about "tinsel town" the other day & you told me its actually "tingle town" but the booklet w/ lyrics says "tinsel"

TeddyRiley1
@Dangerous_Inc Sorry typo...It is Tinsel town.

i'm afraid i'm the only person in the world who feels like this !! but hoestly, do not like this song, it is ot MJ type at all , i always skip it ! nothing is MJ in this song i can' feel it at all !

i'm not sayin it is fake becuase i trust Teddy alot, but i would call it cheesy and very 90's !

My favourite song on the album! My gosh I love it! :wild:

She's going Hollywood, she's going Hollywood tonight!!! :wub: :wub:

Is there any chance this could be released as single? Haha I still want a new MJ song to dance to on clubs!!!

* I wonder who it's about? In the note it says "based on true story" in the end..

Last edited:
Re: Hollywood Tonight

I'm curious, was the snippet initially found in the first post's link (the one many were laughing about) actually the real deal? Cause now you can find the real song under that link.

Back