Hollywood Tonight - Official Discussion Thread

I heard the new mix on the radio yesterday here in Belgium. In addition to the overly processed vocals, the song also seems to lack "spark". The shorter version also highlights the fact that the first verse is repeated. IMO, this song sounds very overworked and incomplete. Unfortunately, I am not very hopeful about its overall chances based on what I heard.

New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

Album Already Achieves Platinum Status in 17 Countries Worldwide
MJ_Hollywood_Tonight_V2_c.jpg
New York, NY – In the coming weeks, the Estate and Sony Music will be releasing "Hollywood Tonight" and "Behind the Mask" from the global hit album MICHAEL. "Behind The Mask" will be released as the radio single in countries including the United States, Canada, Japan and France. "Hollywood Tonight" will be the single released to radio in the rest of the world and videos for both songs will be released worldwide. Each Sony Music affiliate will also release more information on the plans in their respective territories.

Both "Behind The Mask" and "Hollywood Tonight" are fan and critical favorites from MICHAEL – the unique collection of Michael Jackson songs completed posthumously and released in December by Sony and his Estate. The album includes material Michael had been working on for future release prior to his passing along with other vintage work he planned to place on future albums. Joe Vogel, author of the upcoming book Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson, wrote that while "Posthumous works are notoriously tricky…This, ultimately, is the most important quality of Michael: it feels like Michael."

"Behind the Mask," which was recently completed by John McClain and Jon Nettlesbey, is praised by critics for infusing the spirit of Michael's music from the past. Rolling Stone called it "a fiercely funky cousin to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" The song is written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto and produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain and Jon Nettlesbey. The song's recognizable hook is a sample of "Behind The Mask" as performed by Ryuichi Sakamoto's Yellow Magic Orchestra. And "Hollywood Tonight", which USA TODAY said "pulsates with Billie Jean-esque energy, was written during the time of the Invincible album. In 2007, Michael pulled the track out of the archives to work on the song with producer Theron "Neff-U" Feemster. "Hollywood Tonight" was written by Michael Jackson and Brad Buxer and the track was produced by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson with co-producer by Theron "Neff-U" Feemster. Ellen DeGeneres debuted and danced to the song with her audience during her popular talk show.
MJ-MASK-EYES%207_0.jpg
MICHAEL was the #1 global album upon its release in December and has shipped over 3 million units worldwide making it one of the biggest albums of 2010. The album's nonstop success continues to underscore Michael's importance to his fans as a global icon and superstar, and shows how his music continues to transcend cultures and languages. The platinum status for MICHAEL has now grown to 17 countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, France (2x), Italy (2x), Spain, Denmark, Poland, Russia(2x), Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic (5x), Canada, India (2x), China, Taiwan, Korea and the Middle East. Michael is now Gold in 18 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and Sweden.
MICHAEL marks another release under the new agreement between The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March 2010 that continues the label's 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon "Thriller," which remains music's all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.
Information on MICHAEL can be found at www.MichaelJackson.com.

Wow! great- you studied Michael well! :clapping:

Thanks a lot. Yeah, he's a real inspiration when it comes to dancing. Makes me feel awesome at times. But we all still await the coming of those 2 new videos, HT and BTM, can't wait!!

When was it decided that this track may be fake too?? I mean, to me, its CLEARLY mike on here, no doubt. yet i keep finding videos on youtube where ppl are claiming its not him, just because u can hear as many vocal ticks on it. Which to me is a terrible argument as that is the case on a lot of his demo's, he didn't always go all out when recording a demo, so the ticks and deep brreaths are not always as noticeable.

Well Michael's daugher has said in the past few days that it isn't his vocal

Well she ain't listened to MJ for as many years as me, and I say it IS him! :tease:

Well Michael's daugher has said in the past few days that it isn't his vocal

Yeah, my nieces who follow Paris on twitter said that Paris made it very clear that Hollywood Tonight was not her father. I'm surprised TMZ or the media didn't pick that up.

Anyway, Paris is entitled to her opinion (or whoever brainwashed her to say HT was not her dad) but when I hear HT all I hear is the REAL MJ. I can't fathom why anyone would say that wasn't Michael. I understand "Breaking News" having doubters, but HT? Don't get it. Just because Paris said it wasn't her dad yesturday, now people are like "I knew HT was a fake thanks for confirming it Paris!" Why don't people just think for themeselves nowadays? Paris wasn't in all of her dad's studio sessions. She had a traumatic 2 years since her dad is gone. She can say what she wants on her site of course but people should not take it as gospel. My nieces are so crazy about Paris, they hold on to her ever word as the crazy fanatics they are. In their defence they are 10, 12, 14 years old. lol

But us adults should know better I think :/

this thing with Paris saying that HT is not MIchael is very upsetting, because it proves that she (and probably her brothers as well) is being brainwashed.

Guys think about it: paris, prince & blanket were the ones who lived with him all their lives so of course they know what he sounds like! i too have had my doubts bout that song. Dont get me wrong it is a great song ...but at times i dont think it sounds like him.

Guys think about it: paris, prince & blanket were the ones who lived with him all their lives so of course they know what he sounds like! i too have had my doubts bout that song. Dont get me wrong it is a great song ...but at times i dont think it sounds like him.

Taryll who was the first person to start the public discussion about genuine/fake vocals on the Michael album, recorded a verse for Hollywood Tonight, so he didn't have any problems with this particular song... Only the Cascio ones.

And now Paris is suddenly saying this. I was really surprise. something must be happening behind the closed doors.

I wonder why Paris claims so, for it's very obvious that it's indeed MJ on this song.
Victor Vogel has written in his article about HT that he heard many different demos of it and is convinced, too.
And we have the demo that some fan recorded back in 2001 outside the hotel, which can be taken as proof.

LOL! Do all u guys seriously believe that is actually paris' twitter account?? i mean, i refuse to join the twitter craze cos quite frankly, i don't give a **** what everyone is doing every second of everyday, i have my own life to worry about, but i did a search on there for paris via my sister's account and over 20 accounts showed up, non of which are verified. so why believe this bollox. its so clearly MJ on HT that it hurts me to even think its not. Clearly the cascio tracks feature another singer, more so on some songs that others. But HT is MJ through and through.

I do not think theu is really the real Paris, but if it is then:

Paris saying HT is not MJ just makes her opinion about BN, KYHU and Monster worthless.

HT is clearly MJ, no doubt. And Paris' credibility regarding the Cascio songs are now very low too IMO.

Sure she knew her fathers voice, but if she says HT is not MJ, I think she is being brainwashed, manipulated - or someone else is controlling her Twitter.

To be honest, I don't think this twitter account belongs to the REAL Paris. Don't you all think this is too convenient? Just when HT makes it to the top, this comes up. It's was probably created by an MJ hater. Just saying.

To be honest, I don't think this twitter account belongs to the REAL Paris. Don't you all think this is too convenient? Just when HT makes it to the top, this comes up. It's was probably created by an MJ hater. Just saying.

That makes sense !!!

I think you are right.

I don't know if it's the real Paris or not, but my nieces said they spoke to Prince on aim a few times (what the hell is aim?) and he confirmed that Paris did have a twitter and it was her. Prince's girlfriend too so if that's some indication, it could be Paris. Unless Prince's girlfriend is nuts and likes talking to a fake Paris on twitter then hangs out with the real one after school. Also add all the fanpages on PPB who religiously screencap every tweet that Paris makes or when Prince talks to his fans on aim or whatever video thing he uses. Yes, his fans. These kids may not have done any films or music yet, but they have fans. Fans like my nieces.

I truly hope that that is a fake account. We'll have to wait and see.

I think the point is even if that was Paris saying HT was fake, you have to remember the enviorment she is in. When you hear something is fake a thousand times you end up believing it. :/

To me 'Michael' is all Michael including the Casios tracks. Damn the Jackson cousins for tweeting sh** that started a fan war.

I highly doubt that it's really Paris' Twitter account. I've heard there are several fake accounts for Michaels kids.

Back