“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

I've been a bit confused with my thoughts about the video... First I didn't like it that much because it didn't feel like something Michael would make. But after watching it couple of times I think I start to like it. Sofia is great and the storyline honors Michael, I'm satisfied with that.

I'm feeling . . . conflicted about this video. mostly just really sad that michael isn't here.

Alcohol and strippers in the video, That is not MJ!!!! and I like the CD version of the song more than this one

This..

Is it really based on a True Story as MJ wrote it?

255553969.jpg

Hollywood Tonight Story as written by Michael Jackson

Written by Michael Jackson in 2007 on The Beverly Hills Hotel Stationery.

"Story" Girl Runaway Age 15
She dreams of Fame Riches the illusion of Superstardom
Her mission is to make it in Hollywood
The obstacles she undertake are unbearable but she makes against her parents will
Based on True Story

I didn't know it was a true story :)

By the way, I feel more like it's a MJ tribute video than a official MJ video.. I don't know. It's not the same without Michael...

I also hate how they removed the completely natural beatbox from the album version in favour of a cut + pasted beatbox taken from other MJ songs...

To be honest i absolutely f**kin love the Estate for this!

Think about it, this sounds like Michaels demo which we asked for, they have gone against the current overproduced "trend" and given us something special and raw, something straight from Michael, unpolished but from Michael!

Plus any feel like Dancing when they hear this :p

Yes! A lot of you guys were complaining that they are screwing around with Michael's songs and that they should try to keep it as close as possible to the originals. Well, they just did that yet some of you are still negative about it and complain... make up your mind God damn it! You got what you wanted, what more do you want? We all know that this is not how things would've been if Michael was around but sadly he's not and I know it hurts and all but you gotta accept it and try to understand that whatever they will put out it will never be like previous Michael Jackson albums/videos/etc in terms of quality and what not...

I dont like the music sound of the video, the album version is really far better than this pseudo-remix....

BTW:

0:54 Black or White
0:59 Billie? Jean
1:08 Jam
1:12 Don't Stop Till U Get Enough
2:44 In The Closet
2:47 Scream

???

I also hate how they removed the completely natural beatbox from the album version in favour of a cut + pasted beatbox taken from other MJ songs...

That beatbox was also from another song

I know, but I mean it was all one recording. Instead of keeping that in there, they created their own from other songs all pasted together. It sounds so un-natural now.

This is more than likely due to the this being closer or if not Michaels original raw demo. Hence the rough cuts, same with alot of Michaels earlier "digital" drum/beatbox sounds

I don;t know but I feel that many fans are incapable of being happy for Mike products.... even when he was alive gracing us with his presence, starting from Invincible.... up to now when we lost him..... many are incapable to simple being in joy as a child, with pure heart.

We analyze too much....

I pray this state of stress and not being content with almost everything related to Mike, to disappear and fans become capable again of just simple enjoy, even if not so perfect products....

Just enjoy what's left.... the last touches of this man.... :angel:

Sorry for me saying this... it's only my feelings about this... My initial love for this video is getting ruined, and I am just feeling sad and kinda crushed... when I see almost everything going to dust....

I'm actually quite happy with the audio, it's good to hear Michael's voice not so processed. It's the vid that makes me go hmm... I think they could have made better job with it, hire some people with an artistic view and talent, maybe spend some more money on it. But you have to be satisfied what you get nowadays, I guess. It's not the same without Michael, but at least we have something. I cant' help but miss him, but I've decided to be satisfied with the video :)

This is proof for me that fans should not beg for original demos - the touched up version of this song is much better.

Non fans will see this on music channels and won't enjoy it, therefore making another single flop from Michael. This needs to be fixed. :(

This is more than likely due to the this being closer or if not Michaels original raw demo. Hence the rough cuts, same with alot of Michaels earlier "digital" drum/beatbox sounds

Then why couldn't they just use that?
I personally think they were just trying to layer over the Billie Jean sample they used, to cover it up.

While I'm not liking the beginning of the song (it feels a bit full on), the new mix has grown on me! Plus, the video manages to convey a story and Michael's influence is felt throughout it. Though I don't think that this mix should've been chosen for the video, only for a single release.

Speaking of which, is there anyway that people in contact with the Estate ask if they can release a physical CD single of "Hollywood Tonight"? I would love to have it on my shelf, as well as having this mix!

This is proof for me that fans should not beg for original demos - the touched up version of this song is much better.

Non fans will see this on music channels and won't enjoy it, therefore making another single flop from Michael. This needs to be fixed. :(

Exactly what I was thinking.

The vid was ok, I enjoyed the end dance scene. Didnt care too much for the Billie Jean baseline thingy and the extra sounds they added in. The CD version sounded just fine to me.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Some were saying `it doesn't matter what the public says,the songs would be amazing`.

Oh the irony :D

This isn't the original demo. I'd rather have the 100% original demo instad of this, just sayin'.

video is pretty cool, love the end segment from 2:35 onwards, i prefer the cd audio but the track does work with the billie jean drum section

Then why couldn't they just use that?
I personally think they were just trying to layer over the Billie Jean sample they used, to cover it up.

When the demo snippet was released a while back alot of people even though its hard to hear, said it sounded like Billie Jean. They have thousands of stock samples to use, I think MJ used BJ, its very raw

What if the video has 2 audio tracks and the tv stations can chose which one they can play?

My only complaint about them using the Billie Jean beat is that it comes accross like people just can't get over the Thriller era and every MJ release from now on must have something to do with the Thriller era in it.

Aside from that i really enjoyed the new mix. It was great that the awful spoken part was removed.

The only good thing about this new version, in my opinion, is that the spoken verse was cut out.

I really like the clip! I was surprised by this new version of the song! I like both versions! It is just a really kick-ass song! And the girl is very beautiful and also cool! I love the MJ billboards too!

((they reminded me a bit of twilight new moon :ph34r: ))

Don't shoot me, his vocals are amazing and all, but it kinda sounds like he has a cold when recording this.

I don;t know but I feel that many fans are incapable of being happy for Mike products.... even when he was alive gracing us with his presence, starting from Invincible.... up to now when we lost him..... many are incapable to simple being in joy as a child, with pure heart.

We analyze too much....

I pray this state of stress and not being content with almost everything related to Mike, to disappear and fans become capable again of just simple enjoy, even if not so perfect products....

Just enjoy what's left.... the last touches of this man.... :angel:

Sorry for me saying this... it's only my feelings about this... My initial love for this video is getting ruined, and I am just feeling sad and kinda crushed... when I see almost everything going to dust....

Thank You very much!
Best Post i've read in a long time! In the whole forum...
Especially Your first paragraph.

Simply enjoy people.

Back