“Hollywood Tonight” VIDEO premieres NOW

Well I didn't expect all to like it since NOTHING is good ENOUGH for some! Well This would have to be enough for us, nothing is gonna change that. With Michael gone, we should not expect anything done to his level anymore.

I Personally Love the video! It's a story of a girl...lots of girls, and there are lots of them that do not make it, and if they do, its gonna be hell with the Papz.

If you go to YT, it says only 300 or so ppl. watched it but the video has been liked over 1,000 times. I dont get how thats possible! :blink:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Well I didn't expect all to like it since NOTHING is good ENOUGH for some! Well This would have to be enough for us, nothing is gonna change that. With Michael gone, we should not expect anything done to his level anymore.

I Personally Love the video! It's a story of a girl...lots of girls, and there are lots of them that do not make it, and if they do, its gonna be hell with the Papz.

If you go to YT, it says only 300 or so ppl. watched it but the video has been liked over 1,000 times. I dont get how thats possible! :blink:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

It happens all the time when lots of people are watching it, same thing happened with Gaga's Born This Way, its a good sign, they'll update soon I would imagine ;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi
and I am not able to watch the video ... thanks sony

Alcohol and strippers in the video, That is not MJ!!!! and I like the CD version of the song more than this one

well the song has the line of "She's giving hot tricks to men just to get in ". Considering what that line means a stripper can actually be seen quite clean

and doesn't "who is it" has a high end prostitute in it?

They couldnt even follow a simple storyline,im over their ignorant asses

but I think they did.

You have a girl who comes to Hollywood to become famous to work in music / films (whose idol is MJ). She tries auditions and could not succeed initially. she gets 2 jobs , works in a restaurant (KYHU reference?) and works as a stripper (see above "hot tricks"). Finally she gets selected for one job. She becomes famous. The paparazzi is following her to take a pictures of her at her worst / when she's drunk. (a tie to Monster perhaps?). She remembers why she came to Hollywood and her idol - MJ- and shows respect to MJ by participating to a flash mob / MJ dance off.

I think that's the storyline.

Did Teddy Riley produce this version?

Nope. He complained about it on twitter. He said he had a hater in the mix :) I think he means John McClain.

does greyhound actually let people off on side of street lol

Where I live (a small city) they do. They don't have any terminals in my small city so they let you off / pick you up on the side of the street that just has a greyhound "bus stop" sign.

Does anyone know why they chose a different mix for the video? I can't say I really dig it yet. Guess I prefer Teddy's the best.

LOVE the video though! She's a great little dancer! Great job!

well the song has the line of "She's giving hot tricks to men just to get in ". Considering what that line means a stripper can actually be seen quite clean

and doesn't "who is it" has a high end prostitute in it?

but I think they did.

You have a girl who comes to Hollywood to become famous to work in music / films (whose idol is MJ). She tries auditions and could not succeed initially. she gets 2 jobs , works in a restaurant (KYHU reference?) and works as a stripper (see above "hot tricks"). Finally she gets selected for one job. She becomes famous. The paparazzi is following her to take a pictures of her at her worst / when she's drunk. (a tie to Monster perhaps?). She remembers why she came to Hollywood and her idol - MJ- and shows respect to MJ by participating to a flash mob / MJ dance off.

I think that's the storyline.

Nope. He complained about it on twitter. He said he had a hater in the mix :) I think he means John McClain.

Where I live (a small city) they do. They don't have any terminals in my small city so they let you off / pick you up on the side of the street that just has a greyhound "bus stop" sign.

He was talking about Taryll Jackson (hater in the mix), not about McClain..

and I am not able to watch the video ... thanks sony
I also noticed that. When I visit friends and family in Germany, I can't watch a single MJ video (or any official MVs by other artists). This isn't Sony's fault by the way. It's the GEMA, they are Germany's biggest royalty collections group.
Fee licensing negotiation talks between them and youtube have collapsed and as a result, youtube blocks videos on the German youtube platform. Apparently GEMA is asking for rates far higher than what the group asked for in the original agreement. I read somewhere last year that GEMA wants 12 cents for each videostream while the PRS in the UK only asks for 0,23 cents per stream.

*edit*
by the way, I recommend using a different proxy. Ironically there are lots of tutorials on youtube how to do that ;)

Last edited:
i like it, we have like 2 versions, the billie jean 1 will go down a storm in clubs, cauze ppl will think its billie jean and its not, so they will be suprised

I'm not sure about that, there is alot more energy in the original radio & album version...

The video is better than I excepted. But what the hell is up with the song?

Melodyne removed (Michael sounds odd), whole bassline of Billie Jean added, different instruments, different beatbox....
I'm confused. Is this a demo or what?

Listen to the part from 1m15sec till 1m25sec , what a mess with MJ's voices :(

He was talking about Taryll Jackson (hater in the mix), not about McClain..

In a radio interview he also referred to McClain as JM and said that he was against him.

Plus I don't think Taryll is in a position to select the HT mix used in the video / single release.

The video is better than I excepted. But what the hell is up with the song?

Melodyne removed (Michael sounds odd), whole bassline of Billie Jean added, different instruments, different beatbox....
I'm confused. Is this a demo or what?

Listen to the part from 1m15sec till 1m25sec , what a mess with MJ's voices :( But i also like the video...

Can somebody please rip the video in HD somehow?? I wanna watch on big screen and with good sound...

What a lame video.
And the audio, what the hell? I always thought the video should sound exactly the same as the CD audio. If this helps boost sales, people won't hear what they did on the video :( And anyway, the new beatbox sucks, it relies way too heavily on the Billie Jean beat, people will think they just got lazy in production. Can't understand why they did this.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Somewhere, Michael Jackson is Smiling and Dancing.
The Best parts are the Scenes of Michael Jackson, of course.

Michael's aura is so Strong.
MJ-michael-jackson-7888182-1100-825.jpg

meh...it's nothing special...Fairly generic - like every other video out there nowadays.....Michael's lyrics are very powerful in this one - especially if you look at his written ideas/lyrics that we've seen....The downside of Hollywood was barely showcased in this video....

I don't mind the new mix, though..Although, I'm listening on crappy speakers here at work, so I'll check it out when I get home...

Last edited:
I like the video. I wouldn't say I love it, and nor would I go jumping for joy everytime I see it like I do when a classic Michael Jackson video comes on, but it was pretty decent. I thought the girl did an excellent job on her part. The pole dancing/stripping part I really didn't like because, even though it's reality, I truly don't think Michael himself would have gone that far in direction with it. That doesn't seem like something he could have done. But then again, who knows? To me, it still felt like I was watching a fan-made video rather than an actual Michael video, but there's nothing I can do about that. That's how it is now. I'm grateful we're getting anything at all. I'm glad they took out that spoken part of the song. It sounds so out of place. I wish they wouldn't mess around so much with his vocals though.

The video definitely could've been a lot more creative but I still like it. Not love and not the best, but not bad. The best parts are the parts showing Michael, of course. But in a way it's so bittersweet...

Let me start of by saying how good it feels to hear Michael's voice without auto tune crap and melodyne crap. They should've turned up his voice though, it's a bit too low in my opinion.

The mix is okay. It's not great and it's not bad. The beatboxing sounds more refreshing than in the album version, BUT, it feels like they are using his beatboxing as instruments I.E chopping them up like TPIMaster said to make it sound "cooler" unlike in the album version where it's just straight forward and a more natural flow.
The spoken part is gone, which makes it sound even more like a demo, even though I'm glad for this (doubt Taryll is though, hah). The song itself feels more like what Michael would've actually wanted, without the chopped beatboxing and the obvious Billie Jean beat and we all know that the song was never finished.

I am thinking Michael actually recorded this with a BJ beat. Listen to the demo snippet in bad quality we got. It sounds like a BJ beat is used. I just wish we could get a confirmation on this - I would appreaciate it more knowing if Micahel used it.

The video is good. I was expecting something less good, but again, it's just good, not great. The girl is a great dancer and hot, definitely made it better for me. I'm suprised they actually managed to squeeze in a the little story in the video and I thought they might've used less MJ in it, but he's there. Sadly, only stuff we've seen 1000 times before.

I'm thinking the new version is more like Michael's vision than Teddy's version, but in the end, I'm a bit disappointed. There isn't much energy left in it and it sounds too repetetive. The mix doesn't sound as it should sound, but then again, I didn't even know they would do a new mix on this single so it's nice to hear clean vocals and some new beatboxing.

To sum it up, I can't really decided which version is the greatest. We've got the album version which has much more energy and sounds more finished, more natural beatboxing, but has auto tune, spoken parts and sounds more robotic which I hate to see on MJ. Then we've got this new version with no auto tune, clearer voice but chopped up beatboxing + too obvious BJ beat,b ut again, if we would know for sure that MJ wanted this or recorded it with the beats, I would feel a lot better about the BJ beat added.

WTF, only 311 views all day???
VEVO is a fu*k!ng video saboteur of all MJs videos, and YouTube is a pure conspirator against Michael and his fans!!!
It was clear and obvious that Michael was the? first artist who had had the 1 BILLION VIEWS! ... before GaGa and Bieber.... - http://raaawb.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/michael-jackson-vs-lady-gaga-for-billion-views/
It has more, it's just not updating yet. Takes some time. I agree with VEVO, piece of crap. I also agree with the "Youtube is a pure conspirator against Michael".

To be honest i absolutely f**kin love the Estate for this!

Think about it, this sounds like Michaels demo which we asked for, they have gone against the current overproduced "trend" and given us something special and raw, something straight from Michael, unpolished but from Michael!

Plus any feel like Dancing when they hear this :p

WTF, only 311 views all day???
VEVO is a fu*k!ng video saboteur of all MJs videos, and YouTube is a pure conspirator against Michael and his fans!!!
It was clear and obvious that Michael was the? first artist who had had the 1 BILLION VIEWS! ... before GaGa and Bieber.... http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96825&highlight=bieber

It's nothing about that, calm down. Youtube just takes a while to update the view count. Most new (popular videos) stay at exactly 311 views too before it gets updated.

Is it really based on a True Story as MJ wrote it?

255553969.jpg

Hollywood Tonight Story as written by Michael Jackson

Written by Michael Jackson in 2007 on The Beverly Hills Hotel Stationery.

"Story" Girl Runaway Age 15
She dreams of Fame Riches the illusion of Superstardom
Her mission is to make it in Hollywood
The obstacles she undertake are unbearable but she makes against her parents will
Based on True Story

BTW still Trending ON Twitter Worldwide at no. 7....it got mixed reviews.

I agree also.....SONY/Estate should have put more EFFORT & CREATIVENESS ABOUT IT....CMON' FOR MJ'S LEGACY SAKE!!! ATLEAST ,.... HEAR US ESTATE!!!

Back