How many copies has been sold by now?-merged- with updates

Re: How many copies has been sold by now?

number ones sold 11 Million copies??????????

That sure is new news to me too.

I don't think it has sold that many copies, can anyone give a source?? I honestly don't believe it till I see it officially.

i believe number 1s has sold that many its been 5 years, geez u guys dont believe anything

From my understanding Number Ones sold over 7 million

3,000,000 Europe
1,350,00 in U.S.
1,200,00 in U.K

The rest in other countries

Last edited:

3,000,000 Europe
1,350,00 in U.S.
1,200,00 in U.K

Yeah between 6 and 8 million is what I've heard previosly. Never heard about figures that claimed it had sold more than 8 million copies. - would be nice of course, I just haven't heard about it before.

michaelsson I'm not trying to be pessimistic og negative or anything, maybe just reasonable and realistic. (sorry if the spelling isn't too good, I'm a bit drunk by now :) )

Actually I'm a bit tired of people attacking each other all the time!! If I said T25 had sold 567 million copies the last 5 days surely you wouldn't believe it, why?? Because you are negative or something like that, OR because you are realistic and would like it to be confirmed from a reliable source?

I just stated that 12 million was news to me and I would like a source or some kind of confirmation, so stop the attacks. michaelsson this is not a personal attack or anything on you :) this is general, too many people must calm down and think twice before writing something shity on the board. We are all here for the same reason, Michael Jackson and our admiration for the King of Pop - so why not just stand together and have fun and some good discussions?

Thank you Hess. The snapping off is getting annoying. (and I've said it a million times now, and I'll say it again)

the numbers are great,but don't become obssesed with them1

Number Ones hasn't sold 12 million but it has sold around 8 million copies upwards. Number Ones still has pretty high sales in the US, in 2007 it had sold 190,000 by the end of the year (and it looks like there will be similar figures this year looking at its position in the catalog charts) and in the UK it sold 90,000. Actually Number Ones is due for a 5x Platinum certification because it was confirmed in December 2007 that it had sold 1.57 million in the UK.

3,000,000 Europe
1,350,00 in U.S.
1,200,00 in U.K

This is old, at least 2 or 3 years...
Plus there was rerelease last year, which did it pretty good, so count at least half million...

I think that it sold around 10 million....
However, 7 or 10, both is great...

^^ The numbers are as of April 2007

The release sold between 200,000 -300,000

Last edited:

T25 Is Number 1 In France For A Third Week!!!

CHART DATE: 03/03/2008
LAST UPDATE: 03/04/2008 10:15:03

NOW IN: 77.49%

LW TW artist / album label power index
-- 1 JANET JACKSON DEF JAM/IDJMG 123,942
DISCIPLINE
-- 2 ERYKAH BADU UNIVERSAL MOTOWN 93,649
NEW AMERYKAH PART ONE
1 3 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 61,211
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
-- 4 WEBBIE ASYLUM/ATLANTIC/ATL G 47,303
SAVAGE LIFE 2
3 5 ALICIA KEYS J RECORDS/RMG 43,400
AS I AM
14 6 HANNAH MONTANA 2 - MEET MILEY WALT DISNEY RECORDS 42,854
SOUNDTRACK
22 7 ONCE CANVASBACK/COLUMBIA 36,051
SOUNDTRACK
8 8 JUNO RHINO 30,622
SOUNDTRACK
7 9 SARA BAREILLES EPIC 29,257
LITTLE VOICE
12 10 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 26,116
TAYLOR SWIFT
6 11 STEP UP 2: THE STREETS ATLANTIC/ATL G 24,930
SOUNDTRACK
10 12 MARY J. BLIGE GEFFEN 23,298
GROWING PAINS
5 13 AMY WINEHOUSE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 22,691
BACK TO BLACK
-- 14 SHAWTY LO ASYLUM/ATLANTIC/ATL G 21,978
UNITS IN THE CITY
2 15 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 20,501
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.

out the top 10?? :(

out the top 10?? :(

No its at No.9 in America according to the final results of hitsdailydouble. We haven't got the official sales figures yet but Thriller 25 according to hitsdailydouble has sold 41,000 copies this week. Hitsdailydouble always underestimate so expect the figure to officially be between 45-50,000 copies.

OK... :) that is what I care about.. top 10.. when it's out of #1.. then top 10 is the next important.. but it could slip very easily..

OK... :) that is what I care about.. top 10.. when it's out of #1.. then top 10 is the next important.. but it could slip very easily..

Its still No.1 on the catalog chart in America though :).

T25 SLIPS TO NUMBER 3 ON WORLD ALBUM CHART - AMAZINGLY SELLING ANOTHER 208,000 COPIES. THE 3 WEEK WORLD TOTAL NOW STANDS AT AN INCREDIBLE 843,000

WORLD ALBUM CHART

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black 3
Island - 247.000 - 1 week at No.1

Janet Jackson - Discipline
Island - 232.000 - Hot Shot Debut

week 3 Michael Jackson - Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue)
Epic - 208.000

thanks for the updates guys

thats crazy, about 80% of Janets sales came from america. is she a global artist!

Last edited:

thats crazy, about 80% of Janets sales came from america. is she a global artist!

It would seem not! She made number 60 somethin on the uk album charts and I take it from the worldwide figure that other chart positions worldwide were very poor!!!

It would seem not! She made number 60 somethin on the uk album charts and I take it from the worldwide figure that other chart positions worldwide were very poor!!!

Yeah unfortunately although Janet charted well in the US she didn't perform well abroad. I feel bad for her because I thought Feedback was a really good single and had potential to be a big hit but for some reason it hasn't caught on. I really do hope things pick up for her because she is one of pop's best female artists.

Last edited:
Re: How many copies of T25 have sold so far?

Total worldwide sales are roughly around 843,000 copies. In the first week it sold 381,000+, the second week it sold 253,000+ and then in the third week it sold 208,000+. Hopefully this week's sales will bring the total of Thriller 25 to over 1 million.

Total worldwide sales are roughly around 843,000 copies. In the first week it sold 381,000+, the second week it sold 253,000+ and then in the third week it sold 208,000+. Hopefully this week's sales will bring the total of Thriller 25 to over 1 million.

Wow, and that's within one month of it's release. Cool! Thanks for posting. :flowers:

Wow, and that's within one month of it's release. Cool! Thanks for posting. :flowers:

Your welcome. It's pretty amazing considering its a re-release of a 25 year old album without major publicity and he's giving everyone who has new albums out a run for their money lol.

if it gets over 1 million I will be happy..

we'll say THRILLER SOLD 105 million.. lol! the 1 million does not due too much compairing to the TOTAL.. But still great.. 25 years later still thrills

i already told people it sold more than a million

Lol, well I think it will be at a million this week, if not it will be extremely close.

If it's potential to sell this much in just a few weeks, I think that 104 million copies that's informed is very right.

At the rate it is going now, when do you think it will reach the 1 mil mark IN THE US?

Back