How many copies has been sold by now?-merged- with updates

Re: How many copies of T25 have sold so far?

At the rate it is going now, when do you think it will reach the 1 mil mark IN THE US?

I don't think it will reach the 1 million mark in the US unless there is some major tv special. However I do think it will cross the 500,000 mark and go gold. Its likely that it could sell 600,000+, it all depends on whether there are more single releases or promotion to come. If the new album comes out this year then it could very well boost the numbers of Thriller 25. Anyway to be honest its doing really well in the US and its doing better than the majority of new albums out there.

This was posted on another MJ board:

FRANCE: #1 second week in a row - GOLD status (170K shipped)
JAPAN: #1 chart entry in int'l charts, #7 on combined domestic/int'l oricon chart (50K shipped)
BELGIUM: #1 second week in a row - GOLD status (15K shipped)
COLOMBIA: #1 also second week in a row as well (2.8K shipped)
US: still #2 best selling album in the country, #1 top pop catalog chart (460K shipped)
AUSTRALIA: #2 again this week - GOLD status (57K shipped)
MEXICO: #2 entry in int'l mix-up chart, #3 overall (37K shipped)
SPAIN: #2 this week, up from #4 last week (21K shipped)
NORWAY: #2 second week in a row - GOLD status (19K shipped)
BRAZIL: #2 entry on int'l chart, #3 on combined chart (14K shipped)
HOLLAND: #2 second week in a row (13K shipped)
DENMARK: #2 this week, up from #3 last week (10K shipped)
IRELAND: #2 this week, up from #5 - GOLD status (8.5K shipped)
KOREA: #2 again this week in combined charts (5.6K shipped)
ARGENTINA: #2 entry in retail charts (3.2K shipped)
PHILIPPINES: #2 second week in local retails charts (1K shipped)
CANADA: #3 this week, up from #4 last week (37K shipped)
SWEDEN: #3 (#2) this week - GOLD status (17K shipped)
NEW ZEALAND: #3 second week in a row (6.3K shipped)
PORTUGAL: #3 second week in a row (5.3K shipped)
SWITZERLAND: #4 (#2) this week - GOLD status (17.5K shipped)
POLAND: #4 this week, up from #6 last week - GOLD status (7.5K shipped)
AUSTRIA: #5 second week in a row (7.8K shipped)
UK: #6 (#3) this week - GOLD status (108K shipped)
FINLAND: #6 this week, up from #10 last week (3K ship)
GREECE: #6 chart entry this week (1.5K shipped)
ITALY: #7 (#6) this week (28K shipped)
HONG KONG: #7 again this week in local retail charts (3.7K shipped)
GERMANY: #8 (#2) this week (51K shipped)
CZECH REPUBLIC: #9 (#6) this week (1K shipped)

OVER 1,2 MILLION COPIES WORLDWIDE!!!

And Michael moved from #9 last week, back to #7 in the Uk charts :)

He's been in the top ten for a total of four weeks now!

T25 Holds To Number 3 Spot On Worldwide Album Chart With Another 185,000 Sales. The 4 Week Total Stands At 1,027,000 - Yipeee Its Passed A Million Sales In A Month!!! Amazing!!!

T25 Sells A Further 172,000 Copies Worldwide This Week, Slipping Just 1 Place To Number 4 On Worldwide Album Chart !!! 1,027,000 Previous Sales Mean It Has Now Sold 1,199,000 In Total Since Release - Simply Amazing Selling Power Beating Most Newly Released Albums!!!

I am so happy for Mike i could cry, this campaign has been incredible :) thanks richardhardy1979 for the update :flowers:

Another single should be realease to support another good month of T25 sales
I heard Beat IT 2008 will be realeased in the USA .

Beat It 2008 is the next logical choice...everybody I know loves that song. Fergie is very popular and her voice sounds good with Michael's. I believe that could do very well in both Canada and the USA! If Sony is smart, that should be the next single...it would surge T25 sales.

i was hoping Australia would get Beat It but unfortunately Fall Out Boy released it so i doubt there will be 2 versions of the same song out. Plus, radio support Fall Out Boy but wont play any of MJ's music post-Thriller in my local area which sucks. Its not in their "music focus".. idiots.

I think that we can safely predict that T25 will reach Gold status by the end of March. That means that it only took about 1 1/2 months for it to happen.​

So......it if only took 1 1/2 for it to go Gold, then even if sales slowed down a little, the album will still probably reach Platinum status by the end of this year.​

And when it does, Michael will have broken yet another record for selling the most albums of a 25 year old release.

Last edited:
^^haha i think by releasing this album and selling 1 copy he has broken this record. i dont know of anyone rereleasing a 25 year old album

T25 Sold Another 113,000 Copies Worldwide This Week And The 7 Week Total Now Stands At 1,472,000 !!!!!!

I don't really understand T25's success that well and I think many others don't either.. This is totally ununderstandable. I know Thriller is the best selling album in history, but still..

I don't really understand T25's success that well and I think many others don't either.. This is totally ununderstandable. I know Thriller is the best selling album in history, but still..

It's simple you have artists like Elvis and the Beatles who sell a ton of albums it's called new generations discovering the music that previous generations totally enjoyed if the work is classic enough it's timeless and will forever sell to the masses.

I am baffled by it, considering Michael isn't even promoting it himself

I betcha everybody in the industry is stunned at the success of this 25 year old album. I mean this is the same Michael, whom several years ago was supposed to be completely damaged due to that ridiculous trial. American surely didn't love him anymore, they said. Yet, he releases this album, doesn't do any appearances to promote it, uses other people to promote it....other dancers, etc. Then even manages to pull a major sponsor into the mix. And then sell more records than some of the new artists on the charts today. Go figure.

That whole America doesn't love Michael mess has totally been debunked. America is ready for Michael Jackson!

That is so very unfair. She didn't say anything to deserve this .:mad:I think Issues on other board should remain there, you know.:)

Thank You! Folks don't want me to say nothing. I am not even saying anything bad, just like I didn't say anything bad on other boards.

Back