How many copies has been sold by now?-merged- with updates

Re: How many copies has been sold by now?

This is for USA... until now...

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
1 1 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 106,414 -37%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
2 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 54,508 -65%
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.

This is for USA... until now...

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
1 1 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 106,414 -37%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
2 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 54,508 -65%
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.
No. That is just for this week. It was $166,000 the first week wasn't it?

Since its release Thriller 25 has sold:

USA= 221 000 (as of today)
Global= 400 000 (soon to be updated)

Wow!!! Half of the sales are from USA.. Isn't that good?

It's not half of the sales. 221 000 is USA now and 400 000 was last week global. I think it's sold around 550 000 - 575 000 globally now.

^^u misunderstood the info. 221k is total usa sales upto this week. 381K is global sales (including usa) from last week.

from last weeks total it is 166/381, which is bout 45% of total sales < and thats bout average

BTW IT IS 381,000 NOT 400,000

From what I have seen as of today, should be 447k, but this is only taking the figures from countries we know:
USA 229000
France 60215
Australia 12790
Canada (estimation of 16k)
Japan 3928 + 32811
Poland 10k
UK 65 000
Italy (estimation 7k)
Brazil: 10k

These figures are mainly for the 1st week (except france, usa, uk)

So I assume that at the end of the second week, which is now, should be something 550-600k

Last edited:

^^u misunderstood the info. 221k is total usa sales upto this week. 381K is global sales (including usa) from last week.

from last weeks total it is 166/381, which is bout 45% of total sales < and thats bout average

BTW IT IS 381,000 NOT 400,000

No, I didn't misunderstood. I just meant that for example us is up to this moment but all the other global sales isn't. So that's why it's more.

From what I have seen as of today, should be 447k, but this is only taking the figures from countries we know:
USA 229000
France 60215
Australia 12790
Canada (estimation of 16k)
Japan 3928 + 32811
Poland 10k
UK 65 000
Italy (estimation 7k)
Brazil: 10k

These figures are mainly for the 1st week (except france, usa, uk)

So I assume that at the end of the second week, which is now, should be something 550-600k

Exactly that's what I meant too. Because this title says "by now" you have to assume it's selling all around and estimate, no matter what is raported so far because some info is from the last week. It should be (at least) around 600k after the second week and already now close to 550k.

MJ will get another platinum added on the greatest album of all time

I really want to get an update.. Once it reaches 1 million, we'll say Thriller sold 105 million.. lol! It makes so little difference when you put it up to the big number.. lol!

wiki, which has supplied references show over 750,000 album sales at the moment. This is not including sales figures from the majority of the countries listed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_25

You are reading it wrong, 381,000 is the world total on Wikipedia at the moment, you have added this world total to the individual countries to get to 750,000!!!

Whoops, thanks for pointing out my mistake there. I would have expected for it to be clearly outlined as a total right at the bottom.

Last edited:

we will have a 2 week world total later tonight, I reckon it will be about 600,000 total and MJ should still be at number 1

MJ has the biggest selling album again in the world this week, T25 sold another 253,000 worldwide making a total of 634,000 in just 2 weeks, AMAZING!!!

so i think thriller25 is selling beter from number ones or not???can anyone say?

IMO; I DO NOT think 166,000 copies are strong sales considering there was different editions available and the 'same fans' were just buying 'different versions'. If fans bought more than 1 edition that means there was not 166,000 'individual fans' that purchased. If each fan purchased at 'least' two different versions that means half of 166,000 is only 83,000 'individual fans' that purchased.

IMO; I DO NOT think 166,000 copies are strong sales considering there was different editions available and the 'same fans' were just buying 'different versions'. If fans bought more than 1 edition that means there was not 166,000 'individual fans' that purchased. If each fan purchased at 'least' two different versions that means half of 166,000 is only 83,000 'individual fans' that purchased.
In america in the first week you mean? Is it your opinion that 83,000 people bought multiple copies? You have copied this post into atleast 3 different threads now.

T25's success is amazing! Two weeks a row the best selling album after 25 years since the original release!! 25 years is a LONG time and Thriller is still living. This proves Michael's words "the great art will never die..".

I just read that it has now sold over 150.000 copies in France alone.

150K in france get outta here.

Back