How much will the Album "Michael" selling?

How much will the album "Michael" selling?

• > 3 mio.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • 3 - 5 mio.

Votes: 24 17.1%
  • 5 - 7 mio.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • 7 - 10 mio.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • more than 10 mio.

Votes: 36 25.7%

• Total voters

mjchris

Proud Member
michael-jackson-michael-album-cover.jpg

A simple question to all...

How much will the Album "Michael" selling?
WORLDWIDE

i think it will selling very very fast. and i think the they made the best choice to releasing "Hold my hand" as a single. a ballad for sure, and a better choice than the other ones. but they are also "special". perfect for xmas. and perfect for the sales.

a great choice to release a album on xmas, with a lot ballads on it. heartfull and full of feelings. GREAT! :clapping:

Last edited:
my opinion is 5 - 7 mio. its very realistic. 10 mio. would be great and i think it could be made. some day.

hello. do you mean worldwide sales? and over what time period?
lots of love, H4M

Voted 3-5 mil.

It could easily reach 7 million or more if it weren't for the known authenticity issue

I think it will be a HUGE success. My opinion is approximately 11 million copies will be sold.

With itunes giving people the ability to preview and the buy songs they like, I can't see this album doing 10 mill in CD sales. But in counting the individual songs purchased and itune copies, etc., I think the equivalent of 10 million will be sold.

But I'm concerned about Hold My Hand not doing well in the U.S. That is not a good sign. It's a great song with a contemporary artist who has had recent hits. I don't understand why it's not red hot right now.

With itunes giving people the ability to preview and the buy songs they like, I can't see this album doing 10 mill in CD sales. But in counting the individual songs purchased and itune copies, etc., I think the equivalent of 10 million will be sold.

But I'm concerned about Hold My Hand not doing well in the U.S. That is not a good sign. It's a great song with a contemporary artist who has had recent hits. I don't understand why it's not red hot right now.

because it's a slow song. I said back in 2008 when it first premiered that it wasn't a good comeback song. Mike needed a big hit. A club banger to get folks moving and dancing, and 'Hold My Hand' wasn't it

I actually voted for 10 million or more! I believe it is possible. If TII was able to sell 5 million and it was just another greatest hits, this album can double that. We'll see some results after the first couple of weeks, but the best thing is that this one won't be done after a couple of weeks, like TII. Just you wait until they release some new singles, hopefully the strong bangers like Hollywood and Monster, and one or two of the beautiful ballads. If Sony invests in some more videos for these singles, this album can reappear in the charts again and again.

In a year or two I believe 10M is possible.

I think its capable of getting 7-10.....maybe more.

I can see it managing 5-7 million. Any more than that and it really would be a resounding triumph for an album released after the artist's death without his final approval and with such major controversy over authenticity. I can see the controversy encouraging sales, oddly enough, but not that much.

I agree. "HMH" wont be a big hit here in the US. but also, i think people previewing these tracks will be suprised at how much they like it.

HMH isn't doing well in the states because 1 out of 3 stations are currently playing wall to wall Xmas music...which is why Sony should have released it as a single back in November.

Album will sell 10+ million world wide, but I got a bad feeling here in the states it's going to flop. The controversy with the vocals isn't helping matters, plus there hasn't been any drop of promotion. It's like Sony doesn't give a shit

HMH isn't doing well in the states because 1 out of 3 stations are currently playing wall to wall Xmas music...which is why Sony should have released it as a single back in November.

Album will sell 10+ million world wide, but I got a bad feeling here in the states it's going to flop. The controversy with the vocals isn't helping matters, plus there hasn't been any drop of promotion. It's like Sony doesn't give a shit

I'm a little more optimistic than you. I don't think the album is going to flop. The perceived competitions (Kayne West, BEP, Nicki Manji (sp))of MICHAEL performed with underwhelming results. MICHAEL itself has been on Amazon.com's Top 20 seller list for quite sometimes. I believe the album sales should be on target with Sony's expectation.

I do agree with you that the album promotion in the US is closed to none. Well, except that Oprah episode. There is no TV apparance (for obvious reason), no radio play, no billboard, no poster.

Sony may focus on non-US markets more becasue of Michael's global appeal. Since Dangerous, Michael's album sales in non-US markets exceed the sales in US. Michael is one of very few aritists in music history to have a stronger followings in countries other than his home country.

Many American artists rely soley on domestic market. Michael is an exception.

Can I say that I don't even want to guess? I just want it to do well considering the music business now and this kind of album. This is the first album without Michael. I don't count This is It because that was mostly a greatest hits cd.

^

I know this is MICHAEL JACKSON but is it even possible to sell that many albums anymore with the current state of the industry?

I mean 20 million is how much HIStory sold and that was released during the heydays of the music industry. Also, Mike isn't here anymore to give creative outputs and videos like he used to. T_T I dunno.

I think it'll sell around 5-7 million worldwide. I'm happy and satisfied with that.

It is possible to sell 20 million imo if the album contains ONLY GREAT songs and they become HIT SINGLES. No fillers or anything like that. If you release just great singles from the album more and more people will buy it. That's what I think. Let's say if you have four hit singles on the album it will definitely sell the whole album better than if you have only one or none when people are more willing to buy only one or two songs digitally because it's possible nowadays. If you have 40% of the album hit singles people are more willing to buy the whole album with all the hit songs.

I voted 10 million. I think his biggest sales will be in Asia especially Japan and China.

I agree. Why aren't they promoting it all that well here in the US? Sure, there are a few promo blips here and there. But they really need to step it up IMO. I think the decision-makers for this dropped the ball on alot of things. I think that when the controversy over the vocals started, they should have either released the authenticity reports to the public or postponed the album until at least February 2011 and replaced the questionable songs. Secondly, I also think that they should have released "Hold My Hand" in at least the second week or so of last month. And that the public promotion in the US should have been done right after the album was announced, such as the following week with billboards and TV ads. The album needs a very major push if it is to be successful here in the US IMO. I really hope I'm being negative for nothing. But we'll see.

Last edited:
with the lack of promo and the boycott from 50 % of the "fan" I will say between 3-5 million

It is possible to sell 20 million imo if the album contains ONLY GREAT songs and they become HIT SINGLES. No fillers or anything like that. If you release just great singles from the album more and more people will buy it. That's what I think. Let's say if you have four hit singles on the album it will definitely sell the whole album better than if you have only one or none when people are more willing to buy only one or two songs digitally because it's possible nowadays. If you have 40% of the album hit singles people are more willing to buy the whole album with all the hit songs.

how the music industry is nowadays that's not always true look who's ruling the hit singles charts today rihanna, kesha, kate perry had hit after hit but that's not helping their album sales

Let me be plain, i think the album will sell 4.5 Million, why? because the US generally don't like Michael, HMH is number 1 on 14 country iTunes... its like 38 on the US version. The US is where the majority of sales will come from (and maybe Europe) but if the the US generally don't like the album im predicting US sales to be around 900,000 and i expect Europe will take most of the heat selling around 1.6 million, Australasia should sell around 1-1.5 Million and the rest of the world may sell around 500,000- 1 Million.

Above 5 Million is VERY wishful thinking, maybe when the next project is released and this albums sales spike we may see a push over 5 Million

HMH is not getting the play it needs... I never hear it!! They'd have to release at least 3 more singles and get decent radio play for it to sell big... It will still sell pretty well cuz it Michael Jackson.. But to make it big it needs to be heard.... It duz not need crazy radio play but at least some, which is not happening yet in the u.s.... Sum think the more it plays the more it will sell but last year the best selling album was Taylor swift.. She didn't get nearly as much play as others... Plus if u really think about it if Ppl are gearing a song 2 times to work and 2 times back there's no reason to buy... But it really will need to be played somewhat for Ppl to know how it sounds and to remind them that it's out.. Over seas advertising and online ads won't cut it alone

Last edited:
Back