I believe 'Breaking News' lead vocals are not 100% MJ and I want to talk about it here

Go Flying

Proud Member
Whoever Think BN Should Not Be On Michael Because Of Doubt (Merged)

Only MJ would have been able to unequivocally settle the question of whether he actually sang on Breaking News and the other Cascio tracks

The authenticity of these tracks has been legitimately raised and more than sufficient doubt exists. Nothing can alter this. Nothing can settle the debate. The die has been cast. With nothing changing (and it doesn't look like anything will change), Michael, the album will be forever tarnished with this controversy and doubt.

Sony had so much great material to choose from - what a terrible waste of a wonderful opportunity.

Re: The Damage is Done and cannot be undone

Only MJ would have been able to unequivocally settle the question of whether he actually sang on Breaking News and the other Cascio tracks

The authenticity of these tracks has been legitimately raised and more than sufficient doubt exists. Nothing can alter this. Nothing can settle the debate. The die has been cast. With nothing changing (and it doesn't look like anything will change), Michael, the album will be forever tarnished with this controversy and doubt.

Sony had so much great material to choose from - what a terrible waste of a wonderful opportunity.

Sadly I have to agree with you.

I was one of those who initially believed MJ sang over 80% of the lead vocals...I wasn't so sure about the background vocals.

But after listening to the acappella track last night...I can say, the first half of the song is NOT MJ...but the second half is.

For MJ's album to be successful, they have to remove all the Cascio tracks...but t the same time I worry about McClain.

I am not sure we are ready to hear ANY McClain produced track.

I am very worried about this album. And the negativity will impact sale of the video game, the Cirque shows & maybe Vision.

Sad. Sad. Sad. Who's to blame for this mess???

Michael deserved better.

Michael most certainly deserved better.

Shame on those who were able to make creative decisions regarding this album, who WOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, and yet still decided to 'go with the big bucks' - shame on you!

my heart is aching.

Regardless of whether the songs are MJ or not

I think they should take these songs of the album anyway. Regardless of whether we believe the songs are MJ or not, the songs arent even that good anyway in my opinion and people are allways going to be having doubts......

Surely they have songs from Will.I.Am and Akon that they can put on the album in place of the Cascio tracks.

Re: Regardless of whether the songs are MJ or not

I think they should take these songs of the album anyway. Regardless of whether we believe the songs are MJ or not, the songs arent even that good anyway in my opinion and people are allways going to be having doubts......

Surely they have songs from Will.I.Am and Akon that they can put on the album in place of the Cascio tracks.

I agree. Including the Cascio tracks may lead to some fans boycotting the album. Replacing them with tracks will.i.am or Akon, who Michael was known to work with, will make this album much better.

Agreed. I think that's something most can agree on. They should not be putting ANY songs that we feel any doubt. Breaking News feels as if it's tainted, and if there is any other songs that are "Questionable" they need to GET RID of them.

The worse part of this whole ordeal is that if it is actually MJ on the song (which I believe it is), it was MJ fans that created this s***storm so it is ultimately their fault if this tarnishes MJ's legacy.

I didn't realize 90% of this message board are audio professionals.

I'm not going to engage in an argument with you, but I actually am an "audio professional".

I may not be a Gearslutz level audio engineer, but I've been a professional dj for many years and I do a lot of work in audio production. I've made a lot of money by using my ears.

The damage has been done by Sony. Unless the stand-in singer's songs are removed, the damage will linger unfortunately.

Sadly I agree in a way.
The only way peace can come over this stuff is for Sony to not release the Cascio songs on this album.
It's not that hard of a decision to figure out really.
There is too much doubt out there now for people to enjoy these songs.
Wether it is Michael's vocals or not doesn't seem to matter anymore.
The trust in these songs are gone at this point and personally I don't think these songs are worth it to throw away the trust of the fans.
I don't think it's too late to turn all of this around.

I agree with the first poster 100%. That's what I've been saying. I think I wouldn't buy it either. I think the song quality (bad or good) doesn't mean anything either because if it's unsure (is it Michael) it affects on how good or bad the album potentially can be. I mean you just can't review them like Michael Jackson tracks if it is questionable are they. At least I don't wanna see reviews like 'the fake tracks are the best on the album' because the situation would allow haters sabotase his solo album like that no matter what is good or bad. Any album release doesn't need situations like that because the main focus is the music in itself.

Totally agree....100%....I don't think they are the greatest songs, personally...HOWEVER, if Michael were here to finish them, I can see them as being incredible...(the bass lick on BN is quite awesome....so, that to me, is Michael's doing) Sorry, Teddy...Love ya, but the overall production sounds like nothing Michael would have done :(

The worse part of this whole ordeal is that if it is actually MJ on the song (which I believe it is), it was MJ fans that created this s***storm so it is ultimately their fault if this tarnishes MJ's legacy.

Can't speak for anyone else but I have been an audio professional at the very highest level for many years

Geez! Why should it tarnish his legacy?? His legacy is set! It only tarnishes the reputation of Sony and the estate... which both has nothing to do with Michael's legacy! Michael's legacy is only what he has achieved... everything else is a worthless afterthought!

Sadly I have to agree with you.

I was one of those who initially believed MJ sang over 80% of the lead vocals...I wasn't so sure about the background vocals.

But after listening to the acappella track last night...I can say, the first half of the song is NOT MJ...but the second half is.

For MJ's album to be successful, they have to remove all the Cascio tracks...but t the same time I worry about McClain.

I am not sure we are ready to hear ANY McClain produced track.

I am very worried about this album. And the negativity will impact sale of the video game, the Cirque shows & maybe Vision.

Sad. Sad. Sad. Who's to blame for this mess???

Michael deserved better.

A lot of people are saying that the last half of the track is MJ. The last half is what raises the most doubts for me. It's possible MJ was just choosing to sing in a different sounding voice, which is why the first half sounds like it's sung by a different person.

The second half sounds like him, but it doesn't sound like it's sung by him. It doesn't sound like MJ trying to sound different. It sounds like somebody trying to sound like MJ. The ad lybs sound very simmilair to MJ, minus the emotion, power, and vibrato. If MJ wanted to sound different he wouldn't just use his same old classic screaming voice, and then remove his emotion and skills to make it sound different. He'd either sing in a completely different voice or he would keep his emotion, power, and vibrato at max.

I say it's possible MJ is singing this track. But I lean towards believing it's not. You add up the way it sounds, the refusal of McCalin to work on these tracks because of his belief that it's not MJ, MJ's kids saying "we were there when the Cascio tracks were recorded. This ain't one of those songs. It's not our Dad." Then factor in his mom's statements.

There is an awful lot of smoke for there to not be any kind of fire.

Well watever the case might be,the only thing we all agree to is that mj wuld have never wanted any of his unfinished songs finished by some hecka producer ina his absence.i rather listen to any unreleased track from whatever era it is..atleast he was around to work on it.r u guys with me?

Well watever the case might be,the only thing we all agree to is that mj wuld have never wanted any of his unfinished songs finished by some hecka producer in his absence.i rather listen to any unreleased track from whatever era it is..atleast he was around to work on it.r u guys with me?

Eh, I like Carry On, from what I've heard. Quality of the songs aren't the problem, IMO, the doubt has already begun, the seed has been planted, and is growing rapidly. For that reason alone they should be removed from the album, because whether they're Michael or not, we'll apparently never know, and nobody want's an album full of songs where their doubting if it's the original artists on any of them.

Geez! Why should it tarnish his legacy?? His legacy is set! It only tarnishes the reputation of Sony and the estate... which both has nothing to do with Michael's legacy! Michael's legacy is only what he has achieved... everything else is a worthless afterthought!

There are many John Lennon demos in the public domain, likewise Hendrix, Harrison and so many other great musicians' demos and sketches of songs yet to be completed.

None have had to suffer the indignity of their works being tarted up like cheap whores by pimps at a bordello.

You only have to listen to the awful butchery of editing and assembly so clearly evident in the accapella of BN to hear the complete and utter lack of care and respect with which it has been coerced into the semblance of a performance which never existed in its' entirety in the first place. There's no care and respect for MJ's unique talent and gifts in BN

Unfortunately most people will never know that what they are hearing is something that MJ in his wildest nightmares would never have wanted to be released.

It just makes me very angry

Michaels Legacy is untouchable............

Back in 1993, when the allegations (cough...extortion) came out, everyone said MJ was finished. The same thing happened in 2003...........

........but Michael legacy remained intact............

I am still hoping it all works out in the end.

They should put a statement and go to court. This is COURT matter. Postpone the album indefinitely. Wait for the verdict.

As for fans, stop dreaming. Listen to old tracks.

Maybe in the future after a decade or more, they can release an anniversary album with the few tracks left, and that's it. :cheers:

It would be best to just leave all of the tracks in question off of the album. Why keep something so controversial on the album for the sake of the possibility of sales? It's not worth it and it cheapens the catalog.

That's what I think. Sony already screwed up majorly when they released This Is It right after he passed away. This is why I think the music companies are having such a hard time since the advent of the internet. They don't realize that the market isn't the same as it used to be. Things have changed. You can't just release any 'ole thing and expect people not to notice. Their inability to adapt is the real reason for their demise. Crap like this only proves that even more.

I worte this yesterday...

To Sony, the Michael Jackson Estate and the Jackson family

I sit here with a broken heart. My hero, Michael Jackson, spent half of his short life being ridiculed and abused by the media; he went through 2 trials for crimes he didn’t commit and finally he died at the hands of another. Is it not enough that the fans have gone through all of this with our hero, been emotionally drained time & time again and grieved for someone we could never say goodbye too? Now, when we finally get some good news about some new, never before heard music, it is shrouded in controversy. Fans are already cancelling their pre-orders and vowing not to buy the album. They are confused, angry and sad.

The track Breaking News (and other Cascio tracks) are clearly causing division between the family, the Estate, Sony and the fans – did Michael sing these songs or didn’t he? The answer, quite frankly, is irrelevant. The tracks should be omitted from this album regardless of whether or not they are authentic so the drama can cease. I am begging you to stop this from going any further. Michael reportedly left 100’s of songs for you to pick from… choose 3 others. It’s quite simple. Check the fan forums to see what they want. They’re the people that will (or won’t) be buying the music. Please, please, think about what you’re doing and reconsider.

The fans do not deserve this after all they’ve been through.

I agree. This is the only good solution to this.

I don't agree. If it's Michael, the songs have every right to be on that album. It's Michael's creation, and if somebody doesn't like it, it's their problem, not the songs'.

I don't agree. If it's Michael, the songs have every right to be on that album. It's Michael's creation, and if somebody doesn't like it, it's their problem, not the songs'.

But at least half of the fan community don't accept they are Michael's songs. If they remain the controversy and disgust remains as well.

Back