I believe 'Breaking News' lead vocals are not 100% MJ and I want to talk about it here

Re: Regardless of whether the songs are MJ or not

But at least half of the fan community don't accept they are Michael's songs. If they remain the controversy and disgust remains as well.

well, at least half of the fan community doesn't like the Invincible album saying the songs are weak, and doesn't like HIStory tour cause some of the songs were not sung live. Shouldn't Michael have done those things either because they don't please half for the fan community?

well, at least half of the fan community doesn't like the Invincible album saying the songs are weak, and doesn't like HIStory tour cause some of the songs were not sung live. Shouldn't Michael have done those things either because they don't please half for the fan community?
Freaking thank you! that is all I will add to this convo. deuces.

It's different, because, whether someone likes it or not, that's at least really Michael. But if even the authenticy of something is questionable then that's a whole different problem.

If Michael made a song that people don't like that's different than if he gets criticized and bashed for something he didn't even make.

It's different, because, whether someone likes it or not, that's at least really Michael. But if even the authenticy of something is questionable then that's a whole different problem.

If Michael made a song that people don't like that's different than if he gets criticized and bashed for something he didn't even make.

That and Invincible had Michael's final approval so we cannot compare.

The will.i.am songs are not going to be on the album. If they were, we would've heard something about them by now.

I would feel so much better about the album if they announced they were taking off the Cascio tracks, but I don't believe that's going to happen.

the conversation is about IF it's proved that it's Michael singing the songs. So IF it's proved that it's him, then it's not different, then it's exactly the same - he made that song and he's bashed.

First of all, I really like BN. I thought from the beginning that is Michael, although here and there it does sound different. And imo the song is definitely not crap, just my opinion. This is not how I imagined things would unfold, all this is it or is it not? Honestly, if the family would not have talked about authenticity maybe things would have different, who knows? But I agree, songs without Michaels' vocals should not be on a Michael album. It's not right and it's not fair. Sorry, seems I'm not of much help on this one :(

I agree with the first post. The Cascio tracks has already caused too much controversy so in my opinion they should be removed.

:clapping:

They did this once before with "I never heard/This is it", and there was no or very little outrage.
So why are some of you surprised? I'm pretty sure we will see the same treatment on future releases considering there are lot of unfinished songs/demos with varying quality.

Re: Have you guys forgotten that "This is it" wasn't 100% Michael either?

They did this once before with "I never heard/This is it", and there was no or very little outrage.
So why are some of you surprised? I'm pretty sure we will see the same treatment on future releases considering there are lot of unfinished songs/demos with varying quality.

I agree a 100% with you about this.

oh, i confused that with TII movie, so delete this post : )

Last edited:

This Is It was Michael Jackson feat. The Jacksons. Sony admitted it. In this BN case, it's "all Michael"...

Yeah there wasnt anything wrong with This is it. Sony had admitted that The Jacksons did some backing vocals.

The problem with This is it was just that it was a weak low quality song which Sony just chose to include to promote the film really...

This Is It was an old demo which was released as a "completed" version with The Jacksons on background vocals and in its original form.

It wasn't the best they could choose, but as far as the song itself goes, nothing wrong with it.

I'm not nuts about the whole concept of updating old songs, but in the case of TII, Michael sang the entire lead vocal and was a proven co-writer of the song; the song also appeared to be completed composition-wise at the time Michael performed it. Additionally the credits accurately reflect who sang and played what on that track.

In my post here I explain that I think it is a slippery slope when we begin allowing people to make major changes/additions to incomplete Michael work:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3066719#post3066719

TII wasn't alarming to me at the time, BN is another step in the "updating" trend... I just hope it doesn't go further or we are going to have "new Michael" songs the real Michael Jackson never even KNEW he had begun work on! :p

Exactly, TII is completely different in that aspect.

i'm not nuts about the whole concept of updating old songs, but in the case of tii, michael sang the entire lead vocal and was a proven co-writer of the song; the song also appeared to be completed composition-wise at the time michael performed it. Additionally the credits accurately reflect who sang and played what on that track.

In my post here i explain that i think it is a slippery slope when we begin allowing people to make major changes/additions to incomplete michael work:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3066719#post3066719

tii wasn't alarming to me at the time, bn is another step in the "updating" trend... I just hope it doesn't go further or we are going to have "new michael" songs the real michael jackson never even knew he had begun work on! :p

this^^^^^

Re: Breaking News - I Do Not Support It, I will Not Buy It, I Definitely Think Its Fake Discussion

Breaking News - I Do Not Support It, I will Not Buy It, I Definitely Think Its Fake Discussion
what does that last part mean? :unsure:

Anyway, I think there is MJ there, but not only MJ as we want, expect, were offered and as it keeps being offered, told, adviced, sold.

At least this thing is for free. I will listen carefully each song before I buy it (on the web). Eventually, if most of the tunes turn out to be really MICHAEL JACKSON TRACKS, I would buy the album.

So far, no.

And all this talk leads to just one end: we the fans were right from the beginning. We knew it was not MJ, at least not only MJ, as they wanted us to believe.

Re: Breaking News - I Do Not Support It, I will Not Buy It, I Definitely Think Its Fake Discussion

what does that last part mean? :unsure:

Anyway, I think there is MJ there, but not only MJ as we want, expect, were offered and as it keeps being offered, told, adviced, sold.

At least this thing is for free. I will listen carefully each song before I buy it (on the web). Eventually, if most of the tunes turn out to be really MICHAEL JACKSON TRACKS, I would buy the album.

So far, no.

And all this talk leads to just one end: we the fans were right from the beginning. We knew it was not MJ, at least not only MJ, as they wanted us to believe.

That's the title of another thread who think that BN is a fake song.

I have an idea (if those 'fake tracks' will be saved)

How about two versions of the album? One with those 'Cascio tracks' and one where they have been replaced with the polished versions of Escape, We've Had Enough, Shout and a Thriller outtake(s) like Hot Street or Night Line (if not more completely unheard tracks ready)...

We MUST not give up!
MAKE them take all the suspicious tracks off the new album + include ONLY the ones that have been FINISHED by Michael but unreleased till now NOT because they were not good, but because there were even better, more amazing songs that finally found a place on the previous albums. These can be the only ones upto his extraordinary standard, no matter whether these idiots/leeches/greedy ones at So*#y think they are according to 'current' tastes or not, BECAUSE Michael Jackson and his music are for all time, in fact, he has always been a visionary and ahead of his time and THAT is the reason why he is who he is-the one and only King for the past 3 decades and he is firmly set on his throne! So these dunderheads do not need to tax their peanut sized brains worrying over whether the songs will be trendy or received well by fans. If they are 100% Mike and completed by him, they'll be blessed, cherished and honoured by ALL fans forever!!!

Last edited:
Breaking News sounds like something that i would hear on mainstream radio today. I feel like when the final mixing of Breaking News was done it was dumbed down for mainstream radio because heaven forbid that mainstream radio plays anything good now a days.

My biggest fears for this album is coming true. Producers will come in, update the original demo songs just so they can fit in with the crappy mainstream music of today.

I still think that the vocals are not MJ's by the way

The more I listen to it the more disgusted I get. I'm sure Michael would have never wanted to release such an average, lame crap (and I don't even think it's mostly him). And I cannot believe fans are clapping it. I just hope the World forgets it quickly.

Freddie Mercury comes to my mind and his posthumus songs like "Living on my own" or "You don't fool me" with their techno beat. When did Freddie ever make techno music? But that was the trend at the time, "radio friendly", as they like to put it, so the producers decided to do it that way. I'm not sure how much Freddie would have liked that or how much hard core Queen fans liked that. I though it wasn't up to Freddie's usual standards.

And now they are doing the same, or worse, with MJ......

The Media isn't gonna blame the ass fest that is Breaking News on The Estate/Sony. They are gonna blame it on Michael

There will be headlines about how MJ lost his magic and that he had to get in a voice impersonator to finish vocals for him during his final years.

This shouldn't have happened.
They have tracks good enough for us to know it was MJ without any doubts, we know they have those. Considering all the comments of the family, they should have done their best with this first song.

What they did is simply SO silly and careless!!!!

If the accapella vocal track that has been released is real, that is the most damning evidence of all. There are no stomps, hand claps or any of the usual Michael accapella background noises. If it is Michael, then why is this accapella vocal track different than every other vocal track I have ever heard of him......

PCR;3069295 said:
This shouldn't have happened.
They have tracks good enough for us to know it was MJ without any doubts, we know they have those. Considering all the comments of the family, they should have done their best with this first song.

What they did is simply SO silly and careless!!!!

:clapping:

Why not check everything before they put it up. I wouldn’t care if they had named the other guy to begin with but now I do care cause they said it’s Michael. I’m a Michael Jackson Fan not a Jason, James or whoever this dude was that sings in the background. Why shock us? And all the messages @ twitter from family members made it even worse. It really made me hate the song even if I liked the beat to begin with. I actually called Sony about this song she couldn’t say its 100% MJ. Believe it or not I asked "if I record this call can you say you are 100% sure it’s Michael?" She couldn’t answer me she said she had to check with Sony in US because there could be some kind of mix somewhere but as far as she knew it SHOULD be only Michael. Hmmmmm??? Believe me I would support everything with Michael even if it would sound like it was Britney Spears singing if they just had named the d*mn artist before. I still think it’s more mixed than they say but that’s just my opinion. I do support the CD but please no more lies just say as it is. It was a demo this dude had to sing 5, 10, 20, 50 or 80 % So what??? I would still buy it cause I want to hear the 1 % that MJ sings. Honesty as always will last longer and appreciated more by people.

Last edited:
For some reason they seem to want those Cascio recordings SO BAD on it, WHY?!!! And like the statement said, if we as fans are the judge. Remove those tracks then, listen to the majority of MJ's fans, REMOVE those tracks. It's that simple.

If the Cascio songs will get this much drama and controversy they should NOT be added.

Back