I lost my pet :(

Nonoka

Proud Member
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but I really need to vent :(

Yesterday, I lost my precious pet. It wasn't a dog, but a dwarf rabbit (named Hoppel, a German name). However, any animal lover will know that no matter which kind of pet, they ALL have a strong connection to you and vice-versa. I've had him for almost 8 years and day by day, he always was my loved friend. Even though it wasn't always easy, my pet was an inherent part of my life and now that it's all over, I'm lost :(
My sweet rabbit got a tooth infection (his teeth were always a problem) and he stopped eating. The doctor had to remove the tooth by surgery. However, my rabbit suffered a strong circulatory collapse 2 days after the surgery. I immediately took him to the doctor, but he said that any further treatment would be torture for my rabbit, so we agreed to euthanise him :(

I'm thankful for having had such a good time with him and that he left beautiful memories behind, however I miss him horribly now :(

2uhpifb.jpg

Awwww :better:

That's indeed really SAD, Nonoka :(

See it from the bright side... Hoppel doesn't suffer anymore...

I know, it takes time to HEAL... I've lost so many pets too... to the point that I simply don't have any anymore :mello:

Hoppel reached quite an eldery age... Mine was only 6 years when she went to 'heaven' :angel:

Wishing you a lot of strength and pull yourself up on the memories, Hun :wub:

I'm so sorry about that Nonoka!! :(
My deepest condolences for the loss of your sweet Hoppel!!
Like Daryll says, it's better he's no longer in pain, but nevertheless it's very normal to feel the hurt like this!!
Whether it is a dog, rabbit, cat, bird,... losing a home pet, is like losing a family member, it's really sad!! :(
I'm wishing you lots of courage & strength during this tough period!! Keep The Faith and never lose those precious memories! They will make you smile again from time to time! :heart:

I´m sorry for your loss

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group! You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
— Author Unknown

Yesterday, I lost my precious pet. It wasn't a dog, but a dwarf rabbit (named Hoppel, a German name). However, any animal lover will know that no matter which kind of pet, they ALL have a strong connection to you and vice-versa. I've had him for almost 8 years and day by day, he always was my loved friend. Even though it wasn't always easy, my pet was an inherent part of my life and now that it's all over, I'm lost :(
My sweet rabbit got a tooth infection (his teeth were always a problem) and he stopped eating. The doctor had to remove the tooth by surgery. However, my rabbit suffered a strong circulatory collapse 2 days after the surgery. I immediately took him to the doctor, but he said that any further treatment would be torture for my rabbit, so we agreed to euthanise him :(

I'm thankful for having had such a good time with him and that he left beautiful memories behind, however I miss him horribly now :(

2uhpifb.jpg

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear...I know exactly how you feel as I've lost a pet a few years ago too...It's never easy when it happens, but it does get easier as time goes on. It was easier for me to handle it knowing that he wouldn't have to suffer anymore (he was a dog and he had bone cancer :(). :huggy:

Pets really do become a part of the family. If you need to talk, let me know, I'm here :)

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Losing a pet is the hardest part in having pets, because most have shorter life spans sadly. I wish it wasn't that way. I have two dogs and one is nearing 12. In the back of my mind I know with everyday that passes she's not becoming any younger, and it's not something I'm ready to accept...yet.

Thank you guys for the loving answers! Even though it will still take much time for me to cope with the loss, it's very comforting to know there are people supporting you! :heart:

So very sorry for your loss. This is the worst part about having pets but the love they give you during their lives is so precious.

2uhpifb.jpg

angelhugssss.gif

Sending lots of love to You Nonoka xxx

He sure looks like a sweet boy..I'm very sorry to hear that Nonoka. It's devastating losing a pet you've shared many years of your life with. Just last year, on Michael's 2nd death Anniversary my beautiful boy Bear left us, I can't tell you how badly I cried and even now after seeing his pictures or hearing about elderly pets, my heart just sinks and I begin to cry. He had cancer, and he suffered badly..it was such torture to see him like that, because he was adorable even though he was a pit bull mix, some people feared him but he was a darling. So I know how much you must miss your boy, but be thankful you had him and for all the memories he gave you, which count a lot more than the bad times you had to go through. Be strong :hug:

2uhpifb.jpg

I am so sorry that u lst your pet :( :hug:

So sorry about the death of your beloved rabbit. Hope you find solace in the memories of the good times your little guy gave you. While is sad to loose a pet never forget that you were lucky enough to be part of his life until the last minute. Hope the love for him keeps you strong.

I know that this is a late response but I wanted to reply. I'm very sorry for the loss of your rabbit. How are you doing? It sounds like he was a great friend. :) I lost my cat to cancer in July 2011. He was not only a pet but also a friend. I still think about him everyday. I hope that you're doing better. I know that this is a hard situation to deal with.

I´m sorry to hear about your dog Treasure:hug:

Back