"I will miss you", MJ & Will.i.am song per CNN

Hey Guys,

Can anybody post the transcript of the audio/video you all are discussing, if it's not too long or too much trouble? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I understand you and Michael were collaborating together just before he passed away, tell us what you were working on.
I had the pleasure of working with Michael Jackson for the last - say around - two and a half years, I've been communicating with Michael, talking all the time on the phone, flew out and worked with him in Ireland, came back to America, we did Thriller 25...

So was there a new album that you guys were working on?
We were just making music, you know. We fiddled with a bunch of different ideas and recorded a bunch of things. It was never like let's record an album, more like let's have fun and make music.

Are we ever gonna get to hear it?
I would love for it to come out, you know, the things we came up with were spectacular. Some of it is unfinished... we never really got a chance to finish the tunes.

Are you still working on it or can you still work on it?
Without him it will be impossible. Our work relationship was real unique. There's a lot of producers that in the past took advantage of Michael, how big he was... and I didn't wanna go about it that way. I would like to figure out how to go about how to release some of the unfinished songs that we've started to work on together. When James Brown passed away, he and I went into the studio to record a song that was called I Will Miss You. And that was never complete... and for that song to come out now, you know, would be something else.

So you don't have the tracks, you don't own the tracks?
I have the tracks on my hard drive. But I don't... you know. He would take his vocals and I would take my music. So, you know, I didn't record his vocals on my hard drive and on my hard drive I kept the music.

It would be great if you could work with the family and bring it together, put it all together... don't you think?
That would be wonderful. I didn't want to be about money or profit earlier and I don't wanna do that now so... if they come to me and wanna do it I'll be thrilled. But that's not what I'm about - I don't wanna go out and take advantage of the situation... If it comes out it will be awesome... but I don't want to force it to come out. If I could merry the two hard drives with his vocals and my music... that would be great.

BTW I would love to hear this song played in this unreleased video from AH interview... whether it's completed or not... http://www.accesshollywood.com/last...n-and-comeback-ireland-oct-2006_video_1130386 this stuff is great.

Last edited:
I understand you and Michael were collaborating together just before he passed away, tell us what you were working on.
I had the pleasure of working with Michael Jackson for the last - say around - two and a half years, I've been communicating with Michael, talking all the time on the phone, flew out and worked with him in Ireland, came back to America, we did Thriller 25...

So was there a new album that you guys were working on?
We were just making music, you know. We fiddled with a bunch of different ideas and recorded a bunch of things. It was never like let's record an album, more like let's have fun and make music.

Are we ever gonna get to hear it?
I would love for it to come out, you know, the things we came up with were spectacular. Some of it is unfinished... we never really got a chance to finish the tunes.

Are you still working on it or can you still work on it?
Without him it will be impossible. Our work relationship was real unique. There's a lot of producers that in the past took advantage of Michael, how big he was... and I didn't wanna go about it that way. I would like to figure out how to go about how to release some of the unfinished songs that we've started to work on together. When James Brown passed away, he and I went into the studio to record a song that was called I Will Miss You. And that was never complete... and for that song to come out now, you know, would be something else.

So you don't have the tracks, you don't own the tracks?
I have the tracks on my hard drive. But I don't... you know. He would take his vocals and I would take my music. So, you know, I didn't record his vocals on my hard drive and on my hard drive I kept the music.

It would be great if you could work with the family and bring it together, put it all together... don't you think?
That would be wonderful. I didn't want to be about money or profit earlier and I don't wanna do that now so... if they come to me and wanna do it I'll be thrilled. But that's not what I'm about - I don't wanna go out and take advantage of the situation... If it comes out it will be awesome... but I don't want to force it to come out. If I could merry the two hard drives with his vocals and my music... that would be great.

BTW I would love to hear this song played in this unreleased video from AH interview... whether it's completed or not... http://www.accesshollywood.com/last...n-and-comeback-ireland-oct-2006_video_1130386 this stuff is great.

I havent clicked the link but if its what I think it is. Will used it on his album about a year ago. Its called Fly Girl. I love it :)

EDIT

Sorry ive clicked it now and see it wasnt that haha But check that out anyway if you havent. :D

Last edited:
I havent clicked the link but if its what I think it is. Will used it on his album about a year ago. Its called Fly Girl. I love it :)

It is not fly girl. It's the second beat they were playing during the interview. The song was never released so I believe Mike took it.

Check out the link I posted above, the video material was released after Michael passed away. The part was not included in the original interview and contains a longer snippet of the song with a cool breakdown.

Yes, I would guess Michael took that beat as well. I must say, it's smelly.

Hopefully Will.i.am will contact the JAckson family to let them know he has new music so that they can make the decision whether or not they want to proceed (if they can find the new vocals!)

It seems that Mike didn't really finish anything with Akon and from what Will was saying nothing was ever really completed with him either. Ne you has said he only really discussed ideas with Mike. So, it appears that through all these years Mike really wasn't putting any effort into recording a new album. He was just casually approaching these stars for help but his heart wasn't in it. That's very disappointing to hear because it means we really won't have new MJ music to listen to. He had barely even begun. Such a shame for us and also for the kids. IF he had a new album almost complete, that could have been put out quite quickly and could generate a huge income for them, not to mention earn MJ one or more new hits!

I hoipe will.i.am and the estate can make this work. Would love to hear this. I bet the lyrics are amazing :)

Yes, I would guess Michael took that beat as well. I must say, it's smelly.

Nice!! ;)

Hopefully Will.i.am will contact the JAckson family to let them know he has new music so that they can make the decision whether or not they want to proceed (if they can find the new vocals!)

It seems that Mike didn't really finish anything with Akon and from what Will was saying nothing was ever really completed with him either. Ne you has said he only really discussed ideas with Mike. So, it appears that through all these years Mike really wasn't putting any effort into recording a new album. He was just casually approaching these stars for help but his heart wasn't in it. That's very disappointing to hear because it means we really won't have new MJ music to listen to. He had barely even begun. Such a shame for us and also for the kids. IF he had a new album almost complete, that could have been put out quite quickly and could generate a huge income for them, not to mention earn MJ one or more new hits!

I hope that happens too...

Hmmm I'm interested in what you said. That's very sad, if it's true. At first it sounded like there was a lot of stuff ready to be released, but now I'm not so sure.
At the same time, it sounds like he had a lot of songs that never made it to his previous albums - songs that could well be released now.
But the idea that his heart wasn't in it recently......that's truly sad :(

Hmmm I'm interested in what you said. That's very sad, if it's true. At first it sounded like there was a lot of stuff ready to be released, but now I'm not so sure.
At the same time, it sounds like he had a lot of songs that never made it to his previous albums - songs that could well be released now.
But the idea that his heart wasn't in it recently......that's truly sad :(

I was always almost sure that Michael had hundereds of songs in his vaults that could be released one day... but in the last few weeks my opinion has completely changed.

I've been reading the gearslutz.com messageboard a lot lately and people working on Michaels albums are posting there lots of interesting stuff.

For example a guy who worked on Bad says there are no more unreleased STUDIO recordings from that period as far as he knows. He says that Streetwalker and Fly Away and a couple of others already released are the only ones. Maybe Mike wrote 80+ songs for that album, but as he recalls when they started working on it they cut down Mikes and other peoples ideas to about 15 tracks and that's all they've been working on!

An engineer and producer who worked with Michael on HIStory says there are THREE tracks from the HIStory sessions that could be released in his opinion. He stated that they've been working on the songs from the actual album for more than a year. And it's easy to understand - you can hear the complexity more than on any other albums made by MJ.

The only sessions I hope could reveal some real pearls are the Invincible sessions... Michael was working on the album for three or four years. It was completed at one point in 1999 with a completly different tracklist than the 2001 one... I think that he did record a lot during that period and there are more than 20 songs that could be made public...

You know, I was always browsing through those lists compiled by Korgnex and For The Record book with amazement and thought it would be wonderful to hear these songs. But I'm afraid most of them exist only as simple demo recordings made by Michael - whether home demos or studio... doesn't make any difference. What the guys on gearslutz are saying and what Will.I.Am said in this interview makes me believe there are not that many songs COMPLETED as we used to believe.

I was really surprised by the things Will said during this interview. I was always sure they have some stuff 100% complete and now I am not. But what he says doesn't mean there isn't... he says "some of it is unfinished"... so some songs are probably quite ready, like Fall Again. If this is the level their working relationship reached (I mean Fall Again kind of stuff) than it's ready to be released.

But summing up Michaels whole career I still think we can expect 2 albums of HQ recordings released. Especially the Invincible sessions... the stuff is probably awesome.

BTW there is still some stuff that leaked/was released before but could come out again like What More Can I Give... I would do anything to have this song in CDQ and releasing it again is actually quite a good idea IMO. It'd be a great tribute to MJ as we know he was happy with the song and did everything he wanted on the recording.

I hate to be the one that goes against the grain here but... I don't think Will I AM is going to contact the Jackson's family. He sounds almost as if he was expecting them to come to him, and honestly I don't see him being enthusiastic about the new music. Every time I've read or heard him talk about all the things they did together, musically, it's like he always puts a BIG BUT into it. Like "Yeah everything was great, the chemistry was there, BUT I don't know WHEN and IF it's ever going to be heard". I mean, why the f.u.c.k not? I doubt Michael recorded all that music just to keep it to himself and listen to it while he was taking a bath...

I do believe all of it wil come out eventually and I hope Will starts to move that lazy butt oh his and stop waiting for everybody to come to him and beg him to finish what they started.

I was always almost sure that Michael had hundereds of songs in his vaults that could be released one day... but in the last few weeks my opinion has completely changed.

I've been reading the gearslutz.com messageboard a lot lately and people working on Michaels albums are posting there lots of interesting stuff.

For example a guy who worked on Bad says there are no more unreleased STUDIO recordings from that period as far as he knows. He says that Streetwalker and Fly Away and a couple of others already released are the only ones. Maybe Mike wrote 80+ songs for that album, but as he recalls when they started working on it they cut down Mikes and other peoples ideas to about 15 tracks and that's all they've been working on!

An engineer and producer who worked with Michael on HIStory says there are THREE tracks from the HIStory sessions that could be released in his opinion. He stated that they've been working on the songs from the actual album for more than a year. And it's easy to understand - you can hear the complexity more than on any other albums made by MJ.

The only sessions I hope could reveal some real pearls are the Invincible sessions... Michael was working on the album for three or four years. It was completed at one point in 1999 with a completly different tracklist than the 2001 one... I think that he did record a lot during that period and there are more than 20 songs that could be made public...

You know, I was always browsing through those lists compiled by Korgnex and For The Record book with amazement and thought it would be wonderful to hear these songs. But I'm afraid most of them exist only as simple demo recordings made by Michael - whether home demos or studio... doesn't make any difference. What the guys on gearslutz are saying and what Will.I.Am said in this interview makes me believe there are not that many songs COMPLETED as we used to believe.

I was really surprised by the things Will said during this interview. I was always sure they have some stuff 100% complete and now I am not. But what he says doesn't mean there isn't... he says "some of it is unfinished"... so some songs are probably quite ready, like Fall Again. If this is the level their working relationship reached (I mean Fall Again kind of stuff) than it's ready to be released.

But summing up Michaels whole career I still think we can expect 2 albums of HQ recordings released. Especially the Invincible sessions... the stuff is probably awesome.

BTW there is still some stuff that leaked/was released before but could come out again like What More Can I Give... I would do anything to have this song in CDQ and releasing it again is actually quite a good idea IMO. It'd be a great tribute to MJ as we know he was happy with the song and did everything he wanted on the recording.

Thanks for all the information!
That is such a shame...I really was expecting a lot more songs :(
But hopefully, like you say, the Invincible recordings will give us more.
I agree, Will did sound quite uncertain about it all...but maybe he's just still in shock and doesn't really know what to do right now.

I hate to be the one that goes against the grain here but... I don't think Will I AM is going to contact the Jackson's family. He sounds almost as if he was expecting them to come to him, and honestly I don't see him being enthusiastic about the new music. Every time I've read or heard him talk about all the things they did together, musically, it's like he always puts a BIG BUT into it. Like "Yeah everything was great, the chemistry was there, BUT I don't know WHEN and IF it's ever going to be heard". I mean, why the f.u.c.k not? I doubt Michael recorded all that music just to keep it to himself and listen to it while he was taking a bath...

I do believe all of it wil come out eventually and I hope Will starts to move that lazy butt oh his and stop waiting for everybody to come to him and beg him to finish what they started.

I strongly disagree man. Will seemed to be always excited about working with Michael and I'm sure it was the greatest time of his lifetime. He said they've been just having fun and making music and I believe that's just what they did. I think Will knew it was all in Michael's hands and he was always known to be very picky, so no one can be sure about anything. Remember Bryan Loren? He used to be the main producer/songwriter during the Dangerous sessions. A song he produced, Man In Black, was about to be the lead singe off the album. What happened? None of his stuff is on the Dangerous album! NONE! Michael teamed up with Teddy and poor Bryan was dismissed. That's how it is in the world of Michael Jackson.

of course he didn't finished all songs for an album. That would be too many some he didn't think suited for the album and some wasn't good enough or too simulare. But I'm sure there are plenty finished or almost finished songs to fill an album or two and his demos are quite good.
Didn't I read here somewhere where a bodyguard said the new album was almost finished or that about Michael contaced a producer to maybe redo some songs.

I strongly disagree man. Will seemed to be always excited about working with Michael and I'm sure it was the greatest time of his lifetime. He said they've been just having fun and making music and I believe that's just what they did. I think Will knew it was all in Michael's hands and he was always known to be very picky, so no one can be sure about anything. Remember Bryan Loren? He used to be the main producer/songwriter during the Dangerous sessions. A song he produced, Man In Black, was about to be the lead singe off the album. What happened? None of his stuff is on the Dangerous album! NONE! Michael teamed up with Teddy and poor Bryan was dismissed. That's how it is in the world of Michael Jackson.

Let's see, maybe I wasn't clear enough, or perhaps you missinterpreted me.
I never meant to say that Will isn't happy of the time he spent with MJ. Hell, why wouldn't he? Will isn't even 1/4 talented as Michael is (yes, IS!). So everything they did together was probably the most meaningful moments Will I AM will ever get to live in his life. And I'm sure Michael came up with the most craziest and sickest stuff ever (in a good way). But I can't see Will excited about that stuff coming out. I mean, if I was him I would try to get everything as soon as possible, mix it properly and put it out there NOW. FOR FREE. Even if Michael's vocals weren't 100% finished, or he recorded just one verse for each of the instrumentals Will worked on, I'd rather have the whole instrumental thing WITH that one verse from Michael, and have it Equalized and Mixed properly by Will I Am as Michael intended it to be, instead of all this "we'll see what happens" moments.

Let's see, maybe I wasn't clear enough, or perhaps you missinterpreted me.
I never meant to say that Will isn't happy of the time he spent with MJ. Hell, why wouldn't he? Will isn't even 1/4 talented as Michael is (yes, IS!). So everything they did together was probably the most meaningful moments Will I AM will ever get to live in his life. And I'm sure Michael came up with the most craziest and sickest stuff ever (in a good way). But I can't see Will excited about that stuff coming out. I mean, if I was him I would try to get everything as soon as possible, mix it properly and put it out there NOW. FOR FREE. Even if Michael's vocals weren't 100% finished, or he recorded just one verse for each of the instrumentals Will worked on, I'd rather have the whole instrumental thing WITH that one verse from Michael, and have it Equalized and Mixed properly by Will I Am as Michael intended it to be, instead of all this "we'll see what happens" moments.

Well when I said that Will was happy with the time he got to spend with Michael... I meant that IMO he was happy with the work they did together too. I think that it's easy to understand why was Will.I.Am never super overexcited about it COMING OUT because there were some people in the past who were super duper hyped and certain the songs they did with MJ were definately coming out... and Mike never used the stuff they did together. Which is exactly what Will is talking about on CNN. So I think Will was trying to play it safe and not overhype things. Considering the fact that Michael was so reclusive and everything about his music is sooo top secret... I think it's understandable. That's what the Bryan Loren part of my previous post is referring to.

Same as you... I would love for it to come out too but I'm sure if Will COULD he would actually upload it as soon as possible. I think he's waiting to release it properly and the family is yet to decide on what to do with all the stuff Mike has been working on. Remember it's been only a month, Michaels mother just got costody of the kids yesterday... It will certainly take some time. I hope for a new single to come out along with the This Is It movie production.

God after reading your post deebee... I just miss Michael so much. Ehhh I do everyday. He was such a beutiful person... so talented.

I think it's commendable on Will's part that he's not just going ahead and releasing stuff of his own accord or trying to make money off this situation like so many out there.
He seems genuinely affected by Mike's passing and I had no idea he felt so deeply about him. I remember one of his videos on his blog I think, where he talks about Mike and thanks him for everything and he was getting really choked up crying. The bit about Mike calling him for Father's day bc he knew Will didn't have a dad just teared me up.
Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised about Will, gotta give him props.

Wow Alec! You are really on top of it. Thanks for all that information and for posting the transcript.

Back