If Michael announced a tour today....

How do you think "haters" will recieve his comeback?

• Total voters
Hess, HIStory had like 80 big shows.

30 cities means hardly any people get to see him. That requires money to fly over the world. A lot of people don't live near New York, Tokyo, and London.

More cities = MJ going to cities smaller than New York = people actually getting to see him.

Yeah, that's what I said too :lol:

To quote myself:

Yeah, better short shows and many cities, than long concerts, like bad, dangerous and history, and only few cities.

The more concerts the more fans will get a chance to see him.

So what I said was that I want him to do MANY concerts, but maybe short shows like 60-80 min, rather than only 30 ceoncerts with long shows like the ones he used to make, history - 130 min!

be totally pointless of having concerts that last an hr. even small group who only have a couple of albums behind them do at least 90min sets.anyway all this speculation from a tabloid article.

^^^^

Yeah agreed, I also hope he will make long concerts like we're used too.

But I rather have him make MANY shows, so many fans can get a chance to see him.

To me it is just enough that he will actually be touring! And if you know him very well, MJ will never settle for an average show! ;)

Hess, HIStory had like 80 big shows.

30 cities means hardly any people get to see him. That requires money to fly over the world. A lot of people don't live near New York, Tokyo, and London.

More cities = MJ going to cities smaller than New York = people actually getting to see him.

Come on... Most of the people DO live near New York, Tokyo, London and big cities in Europe.

And "hardly any" get to see him? 30 huge cities would be much better than for example 50 averagely smaller cities.

And the biggest cities would give him also more media coverage because there would be automatically more media around. So it would be great promotion for the whole tour. Actually in Europe there would be so much big cities near to each other that it would be pointless to tour smaller cities in Europe. Overall the smaller city tour would be more reasonal only in US, Canada, Russia, Brazilia or just in the largest countires.

Maybe the question I asked in the tabloid section would be better asked here.

I have a question to anyone who would know. What is the youngest age appropriate to bring to a concert of his if he does put any on? I am thinking more for safety and ability to see than content. I've never been to one as big as his are and if he has one, I think I would be crazy to miss it. I would love to bring my kids to a concert of his if I knew it was safe enough to to so (I know the youngest would be stuck with a sitter....but other than that). I hope if he does one, he includes either Calgary or Edmonton or at the very least Vancouver (since those are all the biggest venues nearest to me).

My 2 cents from an American that is struggling. I might be one of the few on here to say this, but I think he's waited so long that he unfortunately will have to launch something in the worst of economic times. I'm a middle class guy that has cut out a lot of the extras lately. Would I buy his new album yes, but if it came to a concert and paying $100-$200 (or more) for a ticket, I'd have to think about it. If it comes down to food on the table or filling up my gas tank for work, I have to side whats most important. I think the USA has Michael fanatics just like everywhere, but I don't think you'll find 20,000 in smaller cities. I think he only can tour in NY and Los Angeles. I don't think he can pull a sellout in Cleveland, Ohio where I'm from.

Now my guess is in Europe it would be less of an issue. Not that they're not struggling too in this global economy, but I think they as a people, Europeans hold art and music to a higher priority than us in the States. Concert sizes are always much, much larger than our in the USA for decades. Heck, Miles Davis that played 500 seat auditoriums in the USA could draw 50,000 in Europe. Its all down to their appreciation for music being higher than ours.

Maybe the question I asked in the tabloid section would be better asked here.

I have a question to anyone who would know. What is the youngest age appropriate to bring to a concert of his if he does put any on?

I think it must be K-18 this time because he is going to striptease.

Isn't anyone allowed to be there with their parents but standing area has height restrictions?

lol @ striptease

If it would be safe in the seated area then that'd be cool but I wasn't sure if it is standing only, or gets nuts in the seated area as well or what. Canadians are usually a bit more mild mannered, but it's not a guarantee that no one is going to get rowdy or hurt.

By the way, I think the answer would be a bit of all of the above, but he'd do great.

kids will be fine in seated areas. i dont think theres many if any standing shows in north america so canada is prob the same. anyway no need to worry about that.your kids will prob have kids of their own by then lol

Isn't anyone allowed to be there with their parents but standing area has height restrictions?
no restrictions in standing areas

I find it ridiculous that there could be 'haters' of Michael Jackson. Why would anyone hate on MJ?

I know of a few people, my friend's, who are not MJ fan's but respect him for the talent he has. The only people I can think who would say anything negative could be tabloid's etc...but then that is their job, they do it to every celebrity.

Come on... Most of the people DO live near New York, Tokyo, London and big cities in Europe.

And "hardly any" get to see him? 30 huge cities would be much better than for example 50 averagely smaller cities.

And the biggest cities would give him also more media coverage because there would be automatically more media around. So it would be great promotion for the whole tour. Actually in Europe there would be so much big cities near to each other that it would be pointless to tour smaller cities in Europe. Overall the smaller city tour would be more reasonal only in US, Canada, Russia, Brazilia or just in the largest countires.

Most people live near New York, Tokyo, and London? Uhh...last time I checked, most of the US popular is not near New York.

And I'm not saying skip big cities. I'm saying go to smaller cities like Seattle, because that's the only way a lot of people will get to see him.

i really do think it would sell out Big Time!
every loves how he dances
people who dnt like him would go jus cuz its Michael Jackson

I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many coincidences going on here...

1. Firstly, it appears Kenny Ortega is currently hanging around with Michael: helped michael to create both the Dangerous and the HIStory tour.
2. Then, we have X Factor recently dedicating an Entire Show to MJ classics.
3. In addition and more recently, we have Australian Idol next week dedicating an Entire week to MJ classics as well.
4. Now we have reports of a proposed World Tour for next year (unconfirmed).

Is this just coincidence, or..? I believe Simon Fuller, Michael Jackson, MJ's management, and now Kenny Ortega are planning something. Just a hunch.. what do you think?

My 2 cents from an American that is struggling. I might be one of the few on here to say this, but I think he's waited so long that he unfortunately will have to launch something in the worst of economic times. I'm a middle class guy that has cut out a lot of the extras lately. Would I buy his new album yes, but if it came to a concert and paying $100-$200 (or more) for a ticket, I'd have to think about it. If it comes down to food on the table or filling up my gas tank for work, I have to side whats most important. I think the USA has Michael fanatics just like everywhere, but I don't think you'll find 20,000 in smaller cities. I think he only can tour in NY and Los Angeles. I don't think he can pull a sellout in Cleveland, Ohio where I'm from.

Now my guess is in Europe it would be less of an issue. Not that they're not struggling too in this global economy, but I think they as a people, Europeans hold art and music to a higher priority than us in the States. Concert sizes are always much, much larger than our in the USA for decades. Heck, Miles Davis that played 500 seat auditoriums in the USA could draw 50,000 in Europe. Its all down to their appreciation for music being higher than ours.

Actually is what I think too.
Also in Europe people have to come to compromises and cut out the extra (of course I can't live without music or cinema! LOL! prefer to cut out food!) , and the situation is going to be like that for at least 3 years now.
I actually don't think mj has a very large fan base, not as U2 or Madonna anymore, so I also don't think there will be any frenzy for getting a ticket for his concerts...
Bad time for a tour, btw I think the sun article is pure trash! :p
I still have the feeling MJ is going to do some shows around, and those will be selling out in few minutes for sure... but a world tour?, nah.....

Actually is what I think too.
Also in Europe people have to come to compromises and cut out the extra (of course I can't live without music or cinema! LOL! prefer to cut out food!) , and the situation is going to be like that for at least 3 years now.
I actually don't think mj has a very large fan base, not as U2 or Madonna anymore, so I also don't think there will be any frenzy for getting a ticket for his concerts...
Bad time for a tour, btw I think the sun article is pure trash! :p
I still have the feeling MJ is going to do some shows around, and those will be selling out in few minutes for sure... but a world tour?, nah.....

yeah that is why he can easily sell a 25 year old album as much as Madonna or U2 .

Michael has a large fan base all around the world , way more than Madonna , there is NO DOUBT about that .!!!

I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many coincidences going on here...

1. Firstly, it appears Kenny Ortega is currently hanging around with Michael: helped michael to create both the Dangerous and the HIStory tour.
3. In addition and more recently, we have Australian Idol next week dedicating an Entire week to MJ classics as well.

Is this just coincidence, or..? I believe Simon Fuller, Michael Jackson, MJ's management, and now Kenny Ortega are planning something. Just a hunch.. what do you think?

Spot on!! I think this could be more than just a rumour this time.

It sure looks like something is coming!

If MJ decides not to come to the USA with his much awaited, much anticipated, hopefully future tour...how will the US based fans feel?

What makes you think that? Why only single out USA? What are you trying to assume here? This thread is not about that.

but I don't think you'll find 20,000 in smaller cities. I think he only can tour in NY and Los Angeles. I don't think he can pull a sellout in Cleveland, Ohio where I'm from.

So, he can't tour other big cities like Philadelphia, Chi-town, Detriot, Miami, San Fran, Houston, Atlanta, Nashville, Boston, Las Vegas, Dallas? So, he can't pull out a "sell out" in your town because it is not as big as NYC or L.A.? So, are you trying to say that he cannot sell out in smaller cities but can sell out in larger cities? Just curious. I feel that MJ can sell out every major city in the USA. I just feel that, I really do. Just because he has not toured in the States in a while does not mean that he cannot sell out of them.

Last edited:
how about....if MJ decided to do a Las Vegas show - like the type Elton John, Cher and Bette Midler have with Caesars. Where they only do a couple weeks every couple of months at the resort, and then leave and do shows in other cities world wide or whatever they want to do while not performing in Vegas.

but then ppl on the east coast will moan lol

. Firstly, it appears Kenny Ortega is currently hanging around with Michael: helped michael to create both the Dangerous and the HIStory tour.

kenny was first spotted with mj about a year ago.. whats simon fuller gotto do with anything? x factor isnt his show. and the shows always do themed shows. sooner or later they were gonna do an mj one.

If he announced a tour today, I would online at ticketmaster.com so quick to purchase at least two tix. Then after I get my confirmation email from ticketmaster.com I would *faint* due to hearing he is touring again. I have seen his Victory and Bad tour and no other artist can compare, he is worth the $$$$$$!!!

the tickets would sell verry fast and it wil attract different ages, because young and old enjoy his music.

There was a Chris Brown Rihanna concert here last week, we were going past da place because we had a game at the place next to it...
THER WERE NO ADULTS ONLY TEENAGERS and kids lool i was amazed
if there will be an MJ concert i guarrantee there will be alot of people from different ages.

the onlything that would stop SOME people from going is that they wil be embariised because they wil think others will see it as a negitive thing....i bet they wil be surprised that alot of pple wil wana go
we'l see dem at da concert lol

it wil be off the hookkkkkkk!

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way for Michael to distribute concert tickets directly to his fans to make sure they get the opportunity to go - to make sure they don't miss out on fast-selling tickets because the general public (and people who usually diss MJ) bought everything before we got the chance. Like say, selling tickets through fan clubs/sites/orgs.

*dreams on*

I feel a tour is coming up in 2009! :D[/QUOTE]

if not 2009 , for sure early 2010. OMG!
I'll be 30 by that time :(

yehh im totally feelin a tour comin... :D this time it just feels true... i dunno why cuz usually i never get my hopes up for anythin, but i really believe it this time lol :p i think we got somethin to look forward to for sure guys... whether it be just a few concerts or whatever.... thers def SOMETHIN coming soon :D :D :D

the tickets would sell verry fast and it wil attract different ages, because young and old enjoy his music.

There was a Chris Brown Rihanna concert here last week, we were going past da place because we had a game at the place next to it...
THER WERE NO ADULTS ONLY TEENAGERS and kids lool i was amazed
if there will be an MJ concert i guarrantee there will be alot of people from different ages.

the onlything that would stop SOME people from going is that they wil be embariised because they wil think others will see it as a negitive thing....i bet they wil be surprised that alot of pple wil wana go
we'l see dem at da concert lol

Well anyone over the age of 12 who listens to those two has serious issues with knowing what is and isn't talent, lol.

it wil be off the hookkkkkkk!

Well anyone over the age of 12 who listens to those two has serious issues with knowing what is and isn't talent, lol.

And also aussie idol is just doing one show 4 "mj nite" and that is tonite :)

Back