If Michael announced a tour today....

How do you think "haters" will recieve his comeback?

• Total voters
I voted for the forth option. Everyone wants to see the best show in the world, and everyone wants to make money out of it!

and what are these rumours in the net today sayin he's planning a 30 cities world tour? honestly i hate when they do that. "someone said that Michael said that..." etc. :doh:
do you know guys something about that "tour" rumours?

I think if Michael announced a new tour, people would be curious and would buy tickets just for the nostalgia value, even if they weren't really big fans. It's been so long since Michael has been on tour that it would be an event.

But there are still so many fans around the world that the tickets would sell out extremely fast. It would probably be really hard to get a ticket.

Last edited:
I can't even imagine how much ticket prices would BE! Not to mention how quickly they would sell out. Time to start saving up, I guess for if and when any official announcement does come, cause if I wait it'll probably be too late!

Michael Jackson is on the first page on our today's newspaper, related to his tour info :)

http://gulfnews.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Nothing negative in it :)

"Jackson plans comeback tour

London Pop star Michael Jackson is reportedly set to undertake a huge comeback tour with his children in tow next year. Jackson, who is now in Las Vegas recording some new material, is planning a tour spanning 30 cities, ananova.com reports.

A source close to the singer said: “Michael said he wasn’t doing a Vegas residency but was going on a world tour, taking in 30 cities next year. He said he wanted to do it for his kids.

“He wants them to see what he does, and he wants to take them on the road. He said he was on his way to Los Angeles to finalise the details.
”"

Last edited:
AS far as the rumours of a ww tour in 30 cities next yr get stronger it seems it might actually be happening :D
god i hope i have some money so i can finally take my little boy to see him at work but probably not :no:so i ll hope he ll put it on dvd again

Yeah, better short shows and many cities, than long concerts, like bad, dangerous and history, and only few cities.

The more concerts the more fans will get a chance to see him.

Don't count on more than 30 shows... actually 20 to 30 is what I personally heard, but, then I suppose I'm just another person saying that another person said... :lol: The idea would be to have 30 big shows though, so still a lot of people could see him.

But as nothing is official yet, he's working on it right now, the estimate of having this tour take place 'next year', meaning in 2009, may be a little optimistic. Maybe late 2009. It takes a lot, businesswise, marketingwise, financially and creatively to put this together, and we all know what a perfectionist Michael is. But if anyone can do it, Michael can. :upsidedown:

Hess, HIStory had like 80 big shows.

30 cities means hardly any people get to see him. That requires money to fly over the world. A lot of people don't live near New York, Tokyo, and London.

More cities = MJ going to cities smaller than New York = people actually getting to see him.

Everyone wants to see Mike again. This would be epic news! :D

Sure the haters would come out but who cares.

Well Michael's got to be selective ya'll. And who knows, if he feels okay he might add more dates. But one also has to consider the high intensity of Michael's live shows and take it easy on him. If he's really planning on doing this, then that's a big deal in and of itself and you'll just have to figure out a way to get there, if you really want it.

I think it would be smart to have this 30 cities and 50 concerts tour because all the most fanatic fans would attend if the concert is in the big cities. For example if there were like 5 concerts in London or Berlin, probably 1/5 of the audience would be the same in all the concerts and it would be just great. And if you're a true fan it's not hard to save money to travel some.

It would be "easily" 40-50 concerts and that wouldn't mean every single venue should contain more than just one concert. Let's say for example 8 major cities would have averagely 3 concerts. That would be 24 concerts and then there would be still 22 cities left. So altogether it could be very well 50 concerts. And that would be a huge tour.
Then if all went good there could be even the smaller second leg if Michael was interested.

I think he should go to Sweden and have some concerts there (in Stockholm or Gothenburg). Then Moscow would sell well. And Beijing. And of course Japan. In US it could be for example New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

I think starting with these countries could be fine:
US (5-6 concerts in three cities)
UK (7-8 concerts in two cities)
Ireland (2 concerts in one city)
Japan (7-8 concerts in three cities)
China (5-6 concerts in three cities)
Germany (4 concerts in two cities)
Russia (3-4 concerts in two cities)
Spain (3 concerts in one city)
Australia (2-3 concerts in one city)
Sweden (2 concerts in two cities)
France (2 concerts in two cities)
Holland (2 concerts in two cities)
Austria (2 concerts in two cities)
Italy (2 concerts in two cities)

That would be already around 50 concerts in 28 cities... :)

Well Michael's got to be selective ya'll. And who knows, if he feels okay he might add more dates. But one also has to consider the high intensity of Michael's live shows and take it easy on him. If he's really planning on doing this, then that's a big deal in and of itself and you'll just have to figure out a way to get there, if you really want it.

Yeah, because saving hundreds of dollars for plane tickets and concert tickets is easy.

Who said it was easy? I just said, if that's what it comes down to, that's what it comes down to. Michael doesn't have to tour. He could retire right now and live a comfortable life. But he's not, and I think some appreciation towards him for it wouldn't hurt.

I'm not saying people don't appreciate it. I'm saying, MJ likes pleasing his fans. Denying them the ability to go seem him by just doing 30 cities goes against that.

Especially when, for example HIStory, he did about 80. When he was sick.

If MJ decides not to come to the USA with his much awaited, much anticipated, hopefully future tour...how will the US based fans feel?

^^^ omg, well hopefully he does tour the US too. If not then that really sucks..But oh well, thats his choice, not ours.I doubt he'll have concerts in the US..ugh!BTW why doesnt MJ tour here in the US?

Last edited:
I just hope he will consider coming to Dubai (UAE) otherwise I will have to go to Europe to see him

If it is 30 Dates in 30 Cities demand for tickets would be ridiculous an I think you'll see the highest paid fee ever for a concert ticket, probably on eBay or something, Im talking thousands, also think you'll see ALOT of fraudulent tickets.

gosh, nothing's even announced yet and there's already people complaining... pu-lease. I'm with wbss21 on this - if you really really really want to see him perform, you'll have to find a way to get to wherever he's performing, the choices you have to make for that are every individual fans' responsibility, not Michaels. It's not up to Michael to make your dreams come true, it's up to you. He's already doing all he can. Be thankful he still wants to tour at all, and that he's able to, after all he's been through.

Yes, it's easier for some fans to travel than it is for others. That's a fact. Instead of whining about it, how about start wrecking your brain right now about what you can do in your own situation, to make it possible for you to be there? I've seen people who've done it, against all odds...

gosh, nothing's even announced yet and there's already people complaining... pu-lease. I'm with wbss21 on this - if you really really really want to see him perform, you'll have to find a way to get to wherever he's performing, the choices you have to make for that are every individual fans' responsibility, not Michaels. It's not up to Michael to make your dreams come true, it's up to you. He's already doing all he can. Be thankful he still wants to tour at all, and that he's able to, after all he's been through.

Yes, it's easier for some fans to travel than it is for others. That's a fact. Instead of whining about it, how about start wrecking your brain right now about what you can do in your own situation, to make it possible for you to be there? I've seen people who've done it, against all odds...

very true.after all its not like ppl havnt had long enough to save lol

^^^ omg, well hopefully he does tour the US too. If not then that really sucks..But oh well, thats his choice, not ours.I doubt he'll have concerts in the US..ugh!BTW why doesnt MJ tour here in the US?

your talking him out of touring the usa before a tour is even happening lol

all this 30 day talk and moaning is based off a crappy uk tabloid article. i love it how some of you are already moaning/blaming mj for doing only a certain amount of shows. when hes probably not even gonna do any at all lol

Agree. It all come down to whether you WANT to go or not. If you want to go 100%, then you'll certainly find a way to make it happen.

I am starting to believe the 30 city world tour is more than rumor. This would be so awesome for him and us!

Does anyone elese feel that maybe he's only doing 30( if true) is due to the fact that he has young children? As a mother of 5, that would definately play a facture in my decision .

I'm not blaming MJ for anything. I'm saying doing only 30 shows as the article says would be a bad idea, and I think MJ will do more than 30.

I am starting to believe the 30 city world tour is more than rumor. This would be so awesome for him and us!

Does anyone elese feel that maybe he's only doing 30( if true) is due to the fact that he has young children? As a mother of 5, that would definately play a facture in my decision .

Yeah...I know what you mean.... But then we still have to think thats IF he really does even do a tour

Back