If Michael isn't #1 in the UK...

Does Michael have more fans then Take That in UK or not?? I really don't know much about Take That.. All I know about them is that their lead singer is Robbie Williams, and that they were like UK version of Backstreet Boys in '90.

I think with their current re-union hype they probably have more fans in the UK than MJ but it's a local phenomenon and their album has been out for a month now. We will see if MJ can beat them but I don't think it's impossible.

I'm confused with so many charts on the same sites!!

Either way, there is no chance of MJ getting number 1 in the UK. I'm not saying this because I want to - it's just the reality. Everybody outside an MJ forum would agree with me.

It's sad, but I will be proved right in the midweek charts - bobmoo will most likely post them on Wednesday/Thursday.

Sorry. (sad)

Well, the fact Michael is outselling Take That on itunes and HMV must mean that there is the slight possibility he'll be outselling them in other stores and supermarkets. I'm staying positive.

seany;3132826 said:
Guy's.... YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO TO 10 DIFFERENT STORES to buy various albums so it can count towards the chart...

All you need to do is ask for SEPARATE receipts at the till, so just say you would like different receipts for the album…. It may be awkward if you are buying loads of copies, BUT it will be better than travelling to different stores to get albums to ensure they will contribute towards the charts!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:punk:<o:p></o:p>

Really?? ahhh I bought 2 copies together today :/

I don't care about Take That, If every MJ fan in UK buy 1-2 copies of MICHAEL and one digital copy + regular people buying one copy.. I think that is enough for number one. And we know how some fans are buying more then 2 copies... And one more idea.. if you are planning to buy MICHAEL someone for Christmas gift buy it now in the first week..

Lots of people may buy 'Michael', that's not the problem, it's just that MORE are buying 'Take Thats' album.

#2 will be no disgrace if the album sales are good.

In 20 years from now people will not remember sales, but if it is #1 it will be remembered.

#1 is so much better than #2.

In 20 years from now people will not remember sales, but if it is #1 it will be remembered.

#1 is so much better than #2.

Did you know that 'Off The Wall' never got to number 1 Hess? (wink)

Long term sales and more singles will help this album to be fondly remembered - that is what we must hope for.

deano - yes.

But OTW and Michael are very different.

And from what Smooth has said only two (2 !!!) more singles will be released. That is too few. 4 or 5 more singles should be released to keep focus on the album.

With all due respect to England, you are treating the British charts like the only one in the world. There are other countries, you know??

Billboard is much more important. Probably the album will sell more in Japan...we still have France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc..

Do not get me wrong. I know the British charts are important and the thread is about UK, but they're not the only one, nor are the most important.

Anyway, if the fans want the album as number one, BUY THE ALBUM (from different stores).

With all due respect to England, you are treating the British charts like the only one in the world. There are other countries, you know??

Billboard is much more important. Probably the album will sell more in Japan...we still have France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc..

Do not get me wrong. I know the British charts are important and the thread is about UK, but they're not the only one, nor are the most important.

^^ This.

How well will Michael sell in Spain?

And Japan ?

If it sells 400.000 in US and 150.000 in UK that's already 550,000 copies.

SONY think it will sell 1 million in first week.

That means "only" 450.000 will be sold in the rest of the world. - That can't be true can it? MJ always sold good in Asia. I think in China, Japan and Australien Michael will sell 450.000 copies.

That means Michael could sell 1.2 million copies first week WorldWide!

Yes lets keep this all in perspective, I can guarantee every single person that 'Michael' will be the biggest selling album in the world this week, its a dead cert!!

Better to be number 2 in every country in the world than 1 in just a few, I have to disagree about the number 1 position, its not important, total worldwide sales are what matter and will be referred to in the future when MJ's legacy is discussed.

Anyway, if the fans want the album as number one, BUY THE ALBUM (from different stores).

Agreed...

Yes 1.2 million was my prediction a few weeks back & will be an amazing result!!!

How well will Michael sell in Spain?

And Japan ?

If it sells 400.000 in US and 150.000 in UK that's already 550,000 copies.

SONY think it will sell 1 million in first week.

That means "only" 450.000 will be sold in the rest of the world. - That can't be true can it? MJ always sold good in Asia. I think in China, Japan and Australien Michael will sell 450.000 copies.

That means Michael could sell 1.2 million copies first week WorldWide!

If it came to a choice, I would rather it got to number 1 in the US.

Yes rather #1 in US than #1 in UK.

US is obviously more important than UK.

^ The album based on pre-sales will shift over 100,000 copies in Japan in the first week alone!

100.000 japan
150.000 UK
400.000 US

650.000 in 3 countries alone!

France, Spain, Germany, China and Australia have huge music markets - so 1.2 million copies WorldWide first week is realistic.

Even in a small market like Denmark I think Michael will sell around 15.000 copies first week. - That's GOLD in Denmark.

If it does so in many small countries it will be HUGE.

Michael sells great in Sweden and Finland at the moment.

I know right.

I don't even know this Take That band that they keep mentioning. On the other hand, Mike is known all over the world and he is a WORLDWIDE artist. We don't have to worry about the #1 position but rather the total accumulated sales. I think that's what's more important.

I think at this point the US sales are the most important ones, unfortunately,.. hopefully it does well, cuz the haters are surely watching the Billboard charts

I went to buy it at Tesco tonight and they didn't have it in stock!:no:

Well, maybe it's sold out? That's a good thing right? But then again.. I guess if you want to have your album... I understand. Hopefully, you'll find one soon. :)

Well, maybe it's sold out? That's a good thing right? But then again.. I guess if you want to have your album... I understand. Hopefully, you'll find one soon. :)

No. It wasn't 'sold out' - they didn't have it stocked period. I checked the new releases and it wasn't listed. I am hoping this will change. It Tesco in Brixton, London.

Back