If Michael isn't #1 in the UK...

Guy's.... YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO TO 10 DIFFERENT STORES to buy various albums so it can count towards the chart...

All you need to do is ask for SEPARATE receipts at the till, so just say you would like different receipts for the album…. It may be awkward if you are buying loads of copies, BUT it will be better than travelling to different stores to get albums to ensure they will contribute towards the charts!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:punk:<o:p></o:p>

Is the album released everywhere today or is it just HMV (as advertised) in the UK? I was just in Tesco and the album is "not out yet" accrding to the unhelpful woman in the store.

She's lying. I just bought one from Tesco - although they were nearly sold out!

^ it will go #1.

The only competition in the US is Susan Boyle who will sell 250,000 copies. MJ's projections are 400,000.... even if it were to underperform it'll still beat Boyle. So a #1 in the US is almost a guarantee

I pray you are right smooth, I really do - as the US is the biggest single market in the world - but we got it badly wrong with the UK predictions a week or two ago, so it can happen again (especially with those bloody awful Christams albums that the Americans seem to love!) (wink)

Smooth I really hope you are right.

But is it realistic for MJ to sell 400,000 copies first week?

She's lying. I just bought one from Tesco - although they were nearly sold out![/QUOTE]

Huh? First day??

They better fill those racks quickly...The worst thing would be for someone to go to a store to pick up the album adn it being sold out.

:bugeyed

She's lying. I just bought one from Tesco - although they were nearly sold out![/QUOTE]

Huh? First day??

They better fill those racks quickly...The worst thing would be for someone to go to a store to pick up the album adn it being sold out.

:bugeyed

They probably had loads in the stock room. But it was about 1pm and the shelf was nearly empty. They normally do a 'stock referesh' before the 'tea time' rush. (I used to work in retail) (wink)

A good sign that a few had sold already though.

I see people panicking because "MJ isn't #1 on iTunes or Amazon!", but he has a lot of 'traditional' fans that like to pick up a physical copy from store. I'm convinced that the biggest sale day for 'Michael' will be on Saturday!

I am praying for Number one album in UK. Michael would love to be number one in UK.. he loved UK and wonderful UK fans!

I am praying for Number one album in UK. Michael would love to be number one in UK.. he loved UK and wonderful UK fans!

You can pray all you want Onir, it 'aint gonna happen' I'm afraid. No chance at all.

Take That will sell at least double that of MJ this week.

You can pray all you want Onir, it 'aint gonna happen' I'm afraid. No chance at all.

Take That will sell at least double that of MJ this week.
Double? I doubt it. Not after being on sale for a month already.

deano... thanks for the negative twist on every thread I read.

There is a strong chance that Michael will be #1 in the UK. The Take That album has been out for a month!

We will see that's for sure. I still haven't got mine yet. Got sent out on Friday and still not here, I'm hoping tomorrow. And cant go to Tesco to get a copy as my car is in for repairs. Argh!

singles sales i'm not going to worry about really.. i'm more focused on album sales.. that's what ill be watching

deano... thanks for the negative twist on every thread I read.

There is a strong chance that Michael will be #1 in the UK. The Take That album has been out for a month!

If you read my posts you would see that I am one of the most positive MJ fans around, but I also pay attention to what is going on outside the world of MJ.

After the weekend 'Take That love fest' here in the UK, MJ now has no chance of getting to number 1. I don't want that to be true - but it is.

The bookies agree with me, as they have today 'slashed' their odds right down to 1/4 on for 'Take That'. I don't know if you are familiar with betting but, in a two horse race, that is called a 'dead cert'.

I wish it were otherwise, but we have to now hope for big sales, and a #2 here in the UK.

I think because of the pre-orders it's possible it outsells 'Progress'..?

Funny how despite of the "Take That love fest" Michael managed to overtake TT now on iTunes....

Take That have sold over 1,000,000 albums in the UK... I think its now ok for them to move down the charts lol! ;)

Its No.1 on HMV! :D But I think I saw it at No.17 on play.com :bugeyed No.3 on Itunes still.... I think we can do this! ;)

I'm sorry guys - I really am - but there really is no chance at all.

Take That are 'miles' ahead on Play.com, HMV.com, and Amazon.co.uk, and they are probably selling more than him in the supermarkets after the 'love fest'.

iTunes is 'minor' compared to this.

Take That are 'miles' ahead on Play.com, HMV.com, and Amazon.co.uk, and they are probably selling more than him in the supermarkets after the 'love fest'.

Wrong. Last time I checked, Michael was No.1

and to prove my point;

charts.jpg

Isn't Michael #1 at HMV? What is Play.com? Kinda digital shop?

Does Michael have more fans then Take That in UK or not?? I really don't know much about Take That.. All I know about them is that their lead singer is Robbie Williams, and that they were like UK version of Backstreet Boys in '90.

Back