If the fans selected a 12 track Invincible which songs would you choose?

Which 12 songs would you have chosen for Invincible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattyJam

Guests
We've heard quite a few Vince outtakes since it was released. Shout, Another Day, Escape, We've Had Enough etc.

I always felt that Invincible would've been a much stronger album if certain songs were replaced by others etc.

If you could've selected your favourite 12 songs from to make up the album, which would you have chosen??

Last edited:
We've heard quite a few Vince outtakes since it was released. Shout, Another Day, Escape, We've Had Enough etc.

I always felt that Invincible would've been a much stronger album if certain songs were replaced by others etc.

If you could've selected your favourite 12 songs from to make up the album, which would you have chosen??

In a sense, it's good they weren't though. Cause it wasn't the actual album that was mainly resposible for it's sales, it was the farse with sony as we know. If some of those tracks were included originally, they would have just disapeared under the radar and that would have been such a shame. We have them now to enjoy, and songs like Another Day could get the release they deserve, perhaps michael sensed this, who knows..........

I've only just realised I forgot to include Heaven Can Wait. lol.

I picked 11 and left the 12th for HCW

In a sense, it's good they weren't though. Cause it wasn't the actual album that was mainly resposible for it's sales,

completely false...

PROMOTION was mainly responsible for its sales...

Look this Poll again...and you will see that tracks like Unbreakable, Invincible, Threatened, speechless, what ever happens still are the best tracks for Invincible...

completely false...

PROMOTION was mainly responsible for its sales...

Look this Poll again...and you will see that tracks like Unbreakable, Invincible, Threatened, speechless, what ever happens still are the best tracks for Invincible...

What do you mean completely false, you have only repeated what i said?

I have to say, I'm surpised that Invincible (the song) is as popular as it is.

I always considered it one of the weaker up-tempos on the album.

I picked

Unbreakable
Escape
YRMW
2000 Watts
Break of Dawn
Speechless
Another Day
Whatever Happens
WHE
Threatened
Don't Walk Away
Fall Again

Don't know how that would work though lol.. And then there's HCW which I also would've like to include.

Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Fall Again
Heaven Can Wait
Threatened
Heartbreaker
We've Had Enough
Another Day
Speechless
Break of Dawn
2000 Watts
Invincible

It's a catchy groove, but perhaps a little to repetitive, it has a nice bridge though, and i just love it when they fill the groove with the low piano at one point, that so catchy, it's like MJ winking at you going, im just so awesome. But yeah, it's just a groove, it's nothing special for a title track

My 12...in order of how I would have liked to see them appear on the album are:

1. Escape (Xscape)
2. Break Of Dawn
3. You Are My Life
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World
6. Don't Walk Away
7. Unbreakable
8. Speechless
9. Another Day
10. Whatever Happens
11. Threatened
12. We've Had Enough

The album, since "Invincible" wouldn't appear on this album, would be renamed to "Speechless", because IMO it is one of the strongest songs vocally, and it was 100% written by Michael

I'm surprised too. I've never been big on the song myself. It's a decent song, but back to back to back with Unbreakable and Heartbreaker, I don't care for it.

IMO the 1st 3 tracks are too similar to one another. I love Unbreakable, Heartbreaker is ok..not my favorite, same with 'Vince.

What do you mean completely false, you have only repeated what i said?

you seem to say that the tracks put in the final tracklist of invincible were not the best available in 2001 for MJ...

Which is wrong...

This Polls show you for example that the tracks selected for Invincible are the best for the fans...

Unbreakable, for exemple, is still better than Xscape...for the fans at least.

I will chose unbreakable, escape, nreak of dawn, another day, the lost children, threatened, fall again and cry :flowers:

So according to this poll, a 12 track Invincible as chosen by the fans would be:

1. Unbreakable
2. Invincible
3. Break of Dawn
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World
6. Speechless
7. Another Day
8. Escape
9. 2000 Watts
10. Whatever Happens
11. We've Had Enough
12. Threatened

I reckon Heaven Can Wait probably would've been in there somewhere, had I not forgotten to include it in the poll.

So according to this poll, a 12 track Invincible as chosen by the fans would be:

1. Unbreakable
2. Invincible
3. Break of Dawn
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World
6. Speechless
7. Another Day
8. Escape
9. 2000 Watts
10. Whatever Happens
11. We've Had Enough
12. Threatened

I reckon Heaven Can Wait probably would've been in there somewhere, had I not forgotten to include it in the poll.

We'll have to make it a special bonus track....or a hidden track. ;) lol

Ironically, I think I prefer the album the way it is. Whilst I think the album undoubtely has too many filler tracks, some of my personal favourites seem to have ranked fairly low in this poll.

I can't imagine Invincible without The Lost Children and You Are My Life. Maybe I'm just a bit sappy... lol.

If I could change a few things on the current album, I would cut the intros of "Unbreakable", "Break Of Dawn", "Heaven Can Wait", "You Rock My World", and "2000 Watts" down.

Then I'd probably replace a couple tracks in favor of "Shout" and "On The Line". Probably would ditch "Privacy" for Shout, and "Cry" for On The Line....don't get me wrong...I like both songs, but IMO Shout and On The Line are stronger tracks.

id replace heartbreaker with xscape,fall again would replace the lost children, we've had enough replaces cry, and id re-arrange some of the order and bam! lol. still a banging album regardless

In a sense, it's good they weren't though. Cause it wasn't the actual album that was mainly resposible for it's sales, it was the farse with sony as we know. If some of those tracks were included originally, they would have just disapeared under the radar and that would have been such a shame. We have them now to enjoy, and songs like Another Day could get the release they deserve, perhaps michael sensed this, who knows..........

Never thought of it that way but true- very good observation. Although unfortunately "We've Had Enough" will probably never get the recognition it deserves.

1. Unbreakable
2. Invincible
3. Break of Dawn
4. Butterflies
5. You Rock My World
6. Speechless
7. Another Day
8. Escape
9. 2000 Watts
10. Whatever Happens
11. We've Had Enough
12. Threatened

That's about right, except I would add Heaven Can Wait and Don't Walk Away- hehe- that would be my personal perfect album.

Ironically, I think I prefer the album the way it is. Whilst I think the album undoubtely has too many filler tracks, some of my personal favourites seem to have ranked fairly low in this poll.

I can't imagine Invincible without The Lost Children and You Are My Life. Maybe I'm just a bit sappy... lol.

Ha ha- MattyJam I didn't picture you as sappy...:cheeky:

Back