I Can't Help It
Speechless
The Lady In My Life
Stranger In Moscow
Earth Song
Heaven Can Wait
Liberian Girl
Dirty Diana

great question! i've always thought it would be super great to watch mike in a recording session, but i just don't know what song in particular i would choose. but after reading all the different posts i can definitely agree with billie jean.:yes:

I think it was dr Freeze who said something like this" When he(Michael)came to the studio he set fire to the microphone, when he left the studio was in ashes", about Invincible sessions.
It would have been interesting to see.

I would like to see Earth song too and so many others

I think it was dr Freeze who said something like this" When he(Michael)came to the studio he set fire to the microphone, when he left the studio was in ashes", about Invincible sessions.

I would like to see Earth song too and so many others
I remember that....and I think it was Dr.Freeze. :)

It woulda been great to see MJ recording Threatened and What Ever Happens.

Speechless and Who Is It come to mind; the emotion in those songs is mouthwatering, lol.

Morphine. I love Michael's gritty and smooth vocals equally. I've always wondered how MJ sang such personal songs, which leads to my next picks: Stranger In Moscow and WYBT.

The Way You Make Me Feel. The energy of the studio a capella with his feet tapping is amazing!

Blue Gangsta. When he says "You make me wanna sing" I melt.

Leave Me Alone for about the same reason as TWYMMF.

Black or White for the fierce middle vocals. TDCAU for the fierce vocals.

Tabloid Junkie to see it all come together.

WBBS. Those just have some fun lyrics I'd love to see coming out of Michael's mouth.

Earth Song. Seeing MJ completely KILL IT would last me a lifetime of ecstasy!

I would have to watch him for every song if I could really, but this sums it up pretty well.

Oh my, soooo many...any at all actually, but Smile comes to mind first.

First thought: Another Day.

He sang his lungs out in that song and according Lenny Kravitz “it was the most amazing experience I've had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time.”

That would explain what happened to Teddy Riley's studio then.

Id love to hear everything he recorded from those sessions what is on Invincible is amazing

WOW. 4 pages and nobody has said REMEMBER THE TIME!

From 2:20 to the the end the of freaking song MJ is AMAZING! and when he does the scat, you know, when he rolls his tongue! dude vocally that song may be his most creative. Would kill to have been Teddy Riley that day man!

although we don't have it complete but i thought of A place with no name...........OMG, i love the snippet

I would have been honoured to watch him record ANYTHING....I bet every single recording session he ever did was magical....:)

I guess if I had to choose, it'd be Earth Song...

Probably Come Together or 2Bad. I'd love to see MJ recording Come Together or any Beatles song he might've recorded... Strawberry Fields Forever, anyone? I read on a few places that he covered that song too.

He should've done a whole album of Beatles song covers... now THAT, would've surely pissed off a lot of people! :lol:

But if I were to seriously have the chance to watch him record one song, I would most likely pick Earth Song. I remember reading some posts on Gearslutz where a couple of folks who worked with Michael on the HIStory album said that there actually is some footage from those sessions, including some footage from the recording of Earth Song.

Probably Come Together or 2Bad. I'd love to see MJ recording Come Together or any Beatles song he might've recorded... Strawberry Fields Forever, anyone? I read on a few places that he covered that song too.

He should've done a whole album of Beatles song covers... now THAT, would've surely pissed off a lot of people! :lol:

But if I were to seriously have the chance to watch him record one song, I would most likely pick Earth Song. I remember reading some posts on Gearslutz where a couple of folks who worked with Michael on the HIStory album said that there actually is some footage from those sessions, including some footage from the recording of Earth Song.

Earth Song, hands down.

Earth Song would be out of this world, I think....I wonder if we'll ever have the chance to see him record anything...Obviously there's footage out there....It'd be such a treat!

I hope that footage comes out one day, and any other footage of him in the studio. Just seeing All In Your Name was a real treat. I figure anything from the HIStory sessions would be amazing. :)

I would love to see him record "they dont care bout us" & scream cuz i love those type of angry songs he did

There's like a minute of him recording We Are Here To Change The World and Another Part Of Me from mid 85 I believe. During the Captian EO sessions!

Dirty Diana i would have wanted to ask him who it really was about bc i dont buy the bs about a groupie (thats my opinion)

I would pick Give in to me (those vocals "uuuhuuhuuuuu..." that are on the unreleased track drive me crazy).

Last edited:
so many! but i'd have especially liked to see some of the real emotional/deep/message songs. Will You Be There, Earth Song, Is It Scary, Threatened, and Man In the Mirror come to mind. But also i'd have like to see The Way you Make me Feel, Billie Jean, Remember the time, PYT, and Black or White too. to pick absolutely one, i'd go with Earth Song.

Back