IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track [Count Down]

edited

Last edited:

Reminds me a bit of this:

[youtube]9G4jnaznUoQ[/youtube]

Hah, nice one that I'm not the only one. :D

I don't wonder why this wasn't released. This is just an average song but well, it's Michael, I like it anyway. :D

Didn't Bruce Swedien say this would be ballad? I'd say this is not a ballad!

"Do not Be Messin '' Round is a title that is often found on the mixer. It was worked for the albums Thriller and BAD, as well as for other projects. The version that is about to appear in stores is actually the 1987 version..."

"Matt Forget handled the mixing of title 25 for BAD and it ensures that the song has remained intact: "I made the mix of Do not Be Messin 'Round from bands of the era. No new party was allowed, not even those designed after 1987 under the leadership of Michael. "

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...ssin-round-chronique-vf/#.T8jUntNd7XM.twitter

That's what a real MJ demo sounds like.

I want Bad 25's tracklist >.

"BAD 25, it would suffice only one remix to showcase original album along with several demos and unreleased tracks to produce the same commercial effect which the record companies need: a remix that would run from the onslaught of clubs and that would appeal to radio, to celebrate the quarter century of BAD while addressing a broader audience."

Did I understand right? Only 1 remix on CD2? Please be true..

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...ssin-round-chronique-vf/#.T8jUntNd7XM.twitter

OnirMJ;3649500 said:
"BAD 25, it would suffice only one remix to showcase original album along with several demos and unreleased tracks to produce the same commercial effect which the record companies need: a remix that would run from the onslaught of clubs and that would appeal to radio, to celebrate the quarter century of BAD while addressing a broader audience."

Did I understand right? Only 1 remix on CD2? Please be true..

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...essin-round-a-review-en/#.T8jY92AAeNM.twitter English version, dude. There will be remixES.

Don’t Be Messin’ Round is a treat just before the actual BAD 25 set hits the shelves. The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music have joined forces to gather genuine and untouched recordings from the iconic times of BAD. Ok, there will be some remixes as well.

Pentum;3649503 said:
http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordp...essin-round-a-review-en/#.T8jY92AAeNM.twitter English version, dude. There will be remixES.

Don’t Be Messin’ Round is a treat just before the actual BAD 25 set hits the shelves. The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music have joined forces to gather genuine and untouched recordings from the iconic times of BAD. Ok, there will be some remixes as well.

Thanks, dude. I used google translator, it sucks. I don't understand a single word in French!

I like the song very nice. I like all MJ demos though! :p

I think Slash didn't play guitar on Earth Song. Everything else is great.

yes he actually did, same thing on TDCAU ;)

I didn't know that. There is nothing about that in Joe Vogel's book Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson. What is your source? I know that he played on Give In To Me, Black or White intro, D.S., Morphine & Privacy.

its....cute..lol i like it

Paparape parape LOL
l love it who have the lyrics please

release in austrian stores is june 8. to what they said in local stores. (Saturn)
i think germany is the same. like always. normally they have the same release date.

The release date is correct. You can see it listed as "in stock" on Amazon Germany's marketplace (third-party suppliers). Amazon, Saturn & Co. haven't received copies yet. Karstadt won't even sell it as their Maxi-CD product line is mostly "dead".
Third-party suppliers are not randomly listed on Amazon Germany, they are only listed when either Amazon itself doesn't have the product in stock and/or when the third-party suppliers have the product, too. They need to confirm availability in order to get an entry there. At the moment 5 third-party suppliers have it. I don't recommend ordering from there, Amazon will still be faster.

I didn't know that. There is nothing about that in Joe Vogel's book Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson. What is your source? I know that he played on Give In To Me, Black or White intro, D.S., Morphine & Privacy.

Slash didn't play on Privacy.

Slash didn't play on Privacy.

I think he did. Joe Vogel says he did. Also MJ says "Slash" in the song right before solo on guitar starts at 2:55.

Favorites are the ah, ah...like in 'Lovely One', the 'oehhww' (all adlibs actually, lol) and 'I ain't playing'.

Now the article made me also curious what parts he added or changed after this..:brow:

It's great to hear Michael playing piano on his song :) he played quite well. The demo is rough, bridge haha I love it and want to hear the latest version what Michael changed and added.

Last edited:

I think he did. Joe Vogel says he did. Also MJ says "Slash" in the song right before solo on guitar starts at 2:55.

Nope, it's Michael Thompson on guitars. I know Michael says it but Slash didn't actually record anything for this song, or if he did it didn't get used. And Vogel's book has a lot of mistakes.

Songs ok. it is what it is. ie a demo. be intresting to hear the later versions of it. is the later version what swedien talked about? cause if not he was doing p.r and nothing more in trying to hype the song up.

Woooot! FINALLY! LOL! Thanks!

It's cool.

*bobbin' ma head*:listeningtomusic:

Nope, it's Michael Thompson on guitars. I know Michael says it but Slash didn't actually record anything for this song, or if he did it didn't get used. And Vogel's book has a lot of mistakes.
Yeah, despite MJ saying Slash's name in the song, he didn't play on it.

Back