Inception. [May contain spoilers]

_rckwitu

Proud Member
124xbf5.jpg

Anybody seen this film yet?
Personally, I thought it was amazing. Mind was completely blown.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Inception.

I think he couldn't get back to the real world, since in the last scene, the children didn't grow up. I was able to guess it would be likely to have that kind of ending while watching.
I know the ending is not closed one, but I still think he is living in his dream.
The director and 3D did a great job!
I wish he made some more movies with Christian Bale or he made one starring Dicaprio and Bale !

I'm going to see it next week, can't wait!!!

Leo :wub:

!!!!
I think he couldn't get back to the real world, since in the last scene, the children didn't grow up. I was able to guess it would be likely to have that kind of ending while watching.
I know the ending is not closed one, but I still think he is living in his dream.
The director and 3D did a great job!
I wish he made some more movies with Christian Bale or he made one starring Dicaprio and Bale !

You saw it in 3D? That would have been EPIC! We don't have it in 3D here for some reason ...
Hm, I did my research, and apparently the kids DID grow up. Because on IMDB they have a 4 actors playing the kids at different ages (even though they looked the same) Lol.
I dunno, I'm still debating with myself if he was dreaming or not. Lol.

The ending was such a tease! But the kids were the same size and wearing the same clothes so it must have been a dream? I want go go see it again to clarify some things in my head.

I think Chris Nolan is an absolute genius. I mean, he's made a film that people have to see multiple times to try and piece it all together. That man is getting some serious cash. :lol:

Im about to go see Inception now with the family.........or am I?

Hey guys, I read a post on imdb.com (the internet movie database) about the ending of the film (too lazy to find a link, but if you google "Inception imdb" you'll get to the site), and like I thought, he WASN'T actually dreaming at the end. The reason is because in EVERY single shot where Cobb was DREAMING, he was wearing his wedding ring, but in any shot where he wasn't, he didn't have it on. And according to a poster on the site (who watched the movie 3 times), he didn't have the ring on at the end.

So he wasn't dreaming :)

Edit: Okay, I went back and got the link for you guys: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/board/thread/167257951

I seen the movie yesterday and i really liked it... esspecially at the end :)
first it was a bit confusing.. then when you think, its a very good story

So Inception is about inducing sleep? Like what happened to Michael Jackson?:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/?mediaKey=ae901d7b-ba01-4564-ad62-b3c1f7ece1de&isShareURL=true

aside from the fact that people have been inducing sleep for centuries, what happened to Michael might have influenced this movie, as he has influenced quite a few movies in the past, but tmz's 'humor', can be done without, but considering some of the things i'm thinking, i wouldn't want to be tmz.

as far as the guy not having on his wedding ring...these days, that could just mean that he wants to attract other women..he might still be married.

GREAT MOVIE!!

But about the end: What about the shaking and rumbling at the end? I thought that was signaling a possible shift in gravity about to occur or something. And what about the fact everybody was staring at him at the end. In the dreams people always stared at people if they started creating too much. So I don't know what to think..... I'm leaning towards it being a dream.

GREAT MOVIE!!

But about the end: What about the shaking and rumbling at the end? I thought that was signaling a possible shift in gravity about to occur or something. And what about the fact everybody was staring at him at the end. In the dreams people always stared at people if they started creating too much. So I don't know what to think..... I'm leaning towards it being a dream.

That's exactly what I though (about the staring), but I dunno. I'm still mind-f**ked :lol:

I didn't plan to watch it, but I have to admit, you guys have got me intrigued with all your comments about the movie. I really want to see it now.

GREAT MOVIE!!

And what about the fact everybody was staring at him at the end. In the dreams people always stared at people if they started creating too much. So I don't know what to think..... I'm leaning towards it being a dream.

But they only stare at you if you're an "intruder" in the dream. As in, you are not the dreamer. For example, in the sequence where Cobb was dreaming and the architect chick (Ariadne? I forgot her name) was inventing all these structures, that's when people (from Cobb's subconscious) started staring and her and getting violent.
If Cobb was dreaming, they wouldn't be staring at him, but rather and someone else present in his dream.. Also, they weren't staring at him in a hostile way...
I think that we were able to see the kids' faces because throughought the movie in his dreams, he wouldn't be able to see their faces... so in real life, they were finally able to turn around..
I don't know if that makes sense?

I saw it yesterday!!! :wild::wild::wild: AWESOME movie!!! Ooooh this thread got me all excited about it again and after reading your posts I'm even more confused than what I was after I left the movie theatre :D

The ending was such a tease! I thought it was weird that the children hadn't grown up, I expected them to be older.

GREAT MOVIE!!

Good points, I didn't even think about the staring.. :bugeyed

I do wish there will be no Inception II, I'm tired of nowadays movies always having sequels, they very often ruin the whole story..

Just came back from the cinema..wow the movie was so great! go to see it!! ;)
Love Leo! :D

Leo was great, once again :wub:

BTW did anyone else think that Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks like Heath Ledger? :D

I do wish there will be no Inception II, I'm tired of nowadays movies always having sequels, they very often ruin the whole story..

There's going to be a sequel?!!
No, this isn't a movie that should have one!

By the way, did anyone notice similarities between Leo's character in "Inception" and "Shutter Island"? (the whole drama with the wife & family plot)...

There's going to be a sequel?!!
No, this isn't a movie that should have one!

By the way, did anyone notice similarities between Leo's character in "Inception" and "Shutter Island"? (the whole drama with the wife & family plot)...
Oh no I don't know but I wish there isn't a sequel. :)

And yeah I thought too that his character was a bit similiar to the Shutter Island one..

I loved the movie but like a lot of people I'll need to see it a second time to make more concrete sense of some things. Extremely clever and thought provoking (no pun intended!!! :p)

I also saw it yesterday, amazing movie, though a bit frustrating.

Spoiler: The ending, the spinning thing he had was about to fall, you could tell. He was not dreaming IMO.

Again, amazing movie, though there were some parts I didn't even understand. I'm not even sure WHAT Fischer found inside the vault in the dream.

Back