Incredible lifelike Michael Jackson Thriller bust [Update] The Creator comments in our thread

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Been a hectic week or so...my wife just gave birth to my son last week...I'm now a daddy!!

Here's a funny pic one of my fans made for me:

godaiking_michael_jackson_bust_wins_by_ranock-d5k5jz7.jpg

Congratulations!
Is that picture on the right real from Madame T? It doesn't look like Michael, more like mix from Britney B and Eartha K, your is more like real deal.

I think they have a new one by now (at least Madame Tussauds Hollywood has a different one now) but yours is soo much better.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Been a hectic week or so...my wife just gave birth to my son last week...I'm now a daddy!!

Here's a funny pic one of my fans made for me:

godaiking_michael_jackson_bust_wins_by_ranock-d5k5jz7.jpg

Wow! The Madame Tussauds one doesn't even LOOK like MJ! You're so talented!

Congrats on becoming a father! :D

Thanks everyone.

Here's another pic that same fan did for me:

zc.jpg

Still looks a bit off, but if I did the part in his hair and added clothes to a mannequin, that would be pretty awesome to have as a statue!

-Joe

Thanks everyone.

Here's another pic that same fan did for me:

zc.jpg

Still looks a bit off, but if I did the part in his hair and added clothes to a mannequin, that would be pretty awesome to have as a statue!

-Joe

Awesome:wild:

Shout to estate, take a notice of this. There is going to be MJ museum, Joe could do the whole statue/body of MJ, and the estate has original costumes to dress up the statues. Now that would be great to see :clapping:

Awesome:wild:

Shout to estate, take a notice of this. There is going to be MJ museum, Joe could do the whole statue/body of MJ, and the estate has original costumes to dress up the statues. Now that would be great to see :clapping:

That would be a DREAM to be a part of something like that! I'm always up for it! Thanks again for all the support everyone.

Here's a quick crappy video I did on Youtube:

By the way, my Beat It bust is going to be on exhibit soon at Juliens. I can't wait for that!

Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I was on here. Here's another Bad bust I've made:

IMG_4513_zpsffef2254.jpg

This one came out better than the last bust, IMO. ;)

It's better than Madame Tussaud's wax statues.
To me, it's the best MJ statue ever made.

Just read through this entire thread. Okay, this work is pretty amazing. Almost scary how realistic the busts are. In the video it almost looks like MJ's eyes are following me lol. You are extremely talented. Please share what materials you use and what the process is in creating one of these.

Just read through this entire thread. Okay, this work is pretty amazing. Almost scary how realistic the busts are. In the video it almost looks like MJ's eyes are following me lol. You are extremely talented. Please share what materials you use and what the process is in creating one of these.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I sculpt in both Polymer clay and apoxy clay/putty. Working on this has been a serious labor of love. I have to have Michael Jackson music playing while I work (my favorite is Human Nature) and that's how I was able to complete this project after over 2 years. That and gathering hundreds of MJ pics off the internet and studying them big time. I've gone back and forth correcting sculpting errors on this sculpt after everyone's input.

Anyhow, here's some last sets of pics of him. He's going to be for sale soon so if anyone is interested, please let me know. Having this in my work room is seriously having him right here. It's crazy.

After this Bad bust, I'm going to revisit the Thriller era and do something from that.

Thanks!

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

Wow, that's simply amazing. It's interesting how you can continue to make changes to the sculpture with this clay material without it drying out or hardening (I'm not an artists so I have no clue about sculpting materials like these). Thanks!

HOLY C#@*!!!!! Amazing!
Wow.

Wish i could afford him. I'd have him in my room and talk to him everyday : )

You should get a job at Madame Tussauds, they don´t even come close to this.

Virre;3757749 said:
You should get a job at Madame Tussauds, they don´t even come close to this.

Hmm...maybe I should try contacting them about this bust. Would be interesting..

Godaiking a quick question

your ebay description says you'll make other copies? is it correct? can you tell us how many copies you plan to make?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I sculpt in both Polymer clay and apoxy clay/putty. Working on this has been a serious labor of love. I have to have Michael Jackson music playing while I work (my favorite is Human Nature) and that's how I was able to complete this project after over 2 years. That and gathering hundreds of MJ pics off the internet and studying them big time. I've gone back and forth correcting sculpting errors on this sculpt after everyone's input.

Anyhow, here's some last sets of pics of him. He's going to be for sale soon so if anyone is interested, please let me know. Having this in my work room is seriously having him right here. It's crazy.

After this Bad bust, I'm going to revisit the Thriller era and do something from that.

Thanks!

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

OMG! :eek:
kermit.gif

Godaiking a quick question

your ebay description says you'll make other copies? is it correct? can you tell us how many copies you plan to make?

I think only 25 busts of the Bad version. Since it's the 25th anniversary of Bad, seems appropriate. :)

We'll see how this auction turns out first though.

Hey everyone...been awhile.

I did some changes to irises and now they're more accurate sized. Here's a pic of my latest bust:

Bust4_zps150c305b.jpg

Back