Inside the O2 Arena: Size, Pics, Videos... [All threads merged]

My other half is going to see russel brand next week at the o2, i think hes in 112, so if you have any requests for pics, let me know and i will pass them on :)

My other half is going to see russel brand next week at the o2, i think hes in 112, so if you have any requests for pics, let me know and i will pass them on :)

I will be in block 112 so it would be very nice to see pictures from there. :)

^

takes a long time to download

Michael, what do you mean by professional cameras ?

and are you sure the normal digital cameras are allowed ?

Hi BmB_Mj,

When I say professional cameras, I mean things like SLR camera, you know those very big black camera with huge lens and the big flash device that comes off the top of them! These cameras also have large zoom capability, and therefore you would get very professional pics of MJ on stage from a distance! These are not allowed!

When I say digital camera, I mean just personal £200 pound simple digital cameras that we all have! You know, normally small and silver with a small lens that only have like a 4x optical zoom! These are allowed! Everyone was using them and when security saw my camera they just said be careful incase someone takes it out of my pocket without me knowing! Someone here on MJJC rang the O2 a few weeks back and they said that these cameras would be allowed at the MJ concerts as well so that is 2 proofs they are allowed don't worry!

Secondly someone asked me could I resize the pictures? I am currently studying for university exams so I don't have time to go through 80 odd pictures and resize them individually! You can save them to your pc if you want and do it yourself! In the mean time I will try changing the gallery settings, the gallery should be able to resize them automatically!

Hope that all helps, good luck!

thanx for the info :)

glad to hear that Digital cameras are allowed ! because I was planning to buy one specialy for this event :p

Yes please & if it is Bk112 what row will the pic be from?

Hi BmB_Mj,

When I say professional cameras, I mean things like SLR camera, you know those very big black camera with huge lens and the big flash device that comes off the top of them! These cameras also have large zoom capability, and therefore you would get very professional pics of MJ on stage from a distance! These are not allowed!

When I say digital camera, I mean just personal £200 pound simple digital cameras that we all have! You know, normally small and silver with a small lens that only have like a 4x optical zoom! These are allowed! Everyone was using them and when security saw my camera they just said be careful incase someone takes it out of my pocket without me knowing! Someone here on MJJC rang the O2 a few weeks back and they said that these cameras would be allowed at the MJ concerts as well so that is 2 proofs they are allowed don't worry!

Secondly someone asked me could I resize the pictures? I am currently studying for university exams so I don't have time to go through 80 odd pictures and resize them individually! You can save them to your pc if you want and do it yourself! In the mean time I will try changing the gallery settings, the gallery should be able to resize them automatically!

Hope that all helps, good luck!

Thanks MJJOS your pictures and the information you give us is great help :).

I have some more questions about the cameras allowed in. I intend to buy a camera for this trip so I want to make sure it will be allowed inside. Do you know if compact cameras but with a larger zoom would be o.k? The one i'm interested in is the Canon Powershot SX110 IS. it is a 9 mega pixel camera with a 10x zoom.

here are some pictures of it:

sx110is.jpg

canon-powershot-sx110is.jpg

Here is also a link to a review of this camera for anyone else intersested:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/canon_sx110.html

Thanks MJJOS your pictures and the information you give us is great help :).

I have some more questions about the cameras allowed in. I intend to buy a camera for this trip so I want to make sure it will be allowed inside. Do you know if compact cameras but with a larger zoom would be o.k? The one i'm interested in is the Canon Powershot SX110 IS. it is a 9 mega pixel camera with a 10x zoom.

here are some pictures of it:

sx110is.jpg

canon-powershot-sx110is.jpg

Here is also a link to a review of this camera for anyone else intersested:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/canon_sx110.html

10x zoom, eh? Will you be close to the stage?

I'm in block 108 row N- that's not close but I don't think it's that far either...

That camera looks really good to me and I would like to buy it but if I won't be able to take it in, then there is no use in buying this one- I will buy another one instead.

I'm having second thoughts for the camera I wanna buy lol

It's the "OLYMPUS MJU-5000" and it has 5x optical zoom and I'll be in A2 section lol

This is it:
SS09205-8359TPS428245.jpg

Will they allow it or should I choose lower zoom?:(

Tell me please, and which side starts the numbering of places? My place of 920.921. I will sit closer to the stage or away from it? :)

I'm not sure but maybe this map with seating numbers will help

02-arena-default_000792_LayoutPicture.gif

It looks to me like you will sit in the closer side to the stage of your block.

OK, but why do you think that sony did suck only in 2001? They didn´t help (let) Michael to release any new album after Invincible and maybe we will never hear new album again... If I´m not mistaken, Michael can´t release new album for some other company, becouse he still has contract with sony and sony doesn´t cooperate with him on new album, they are only intrested in best of compilations and they don´t try to help Michael with some new songs. Don´t you think, that they should let Michael to release new album with another company or help him to make a comeback with sony? I don´t like to say it, but Michael is now 50, maybe his health won´t let him mo make one more comeback when he´ll be 55 or 60 for example. They should cooperate with Michael on new projects when it is possible, when he is enjoying good health. Best of compilations they can release when Michael will be 60 for example or 1000 years after his death. Don´t you think so? :) ?

OK, but why do you think that sony did suck only in 2001? They didn´t help (let) Michael to release any new album after Invincible and maybe we will never hear new album again... If I´m not mistaken, Michael can´t release new album for some other company, becouse he still has contract with sony and sony doesn´t cooperate with him on new album, they are only intrested in best of compilations and they don´t try to help Michael with some new songs. Don´t you think, that they should let Michael to release new album with another company or help him to make a comeback with sony? I don´t like to say it, but Michael is now 50, maybe his health won´t let him mo make one more comeback when he´ll be 55 or 60 for example. They should cooperate with Michael on new projects when it is possible, when he is enjoying good health. Best of compilations they can release when Michael will be 60 for example or 1000 years after his death. Don´t you think so? :) ?

As far as im aware Michael is free from his sony contract and didn't he also purchase some of sony's publishing company!? Anyway, this is the wrong place for this, take it on over to general discussion but im sure theres tons of past threads on this, so do a search first :)

I'm also planning to buy a super camera with good zoom. I'm sitting on 404, so Im not exactly close! I want to see him real close with the camera.

Someone know about a good one?

are you sitting behind the scene if you sit in bk 422? Kinda looks like that on that pic.....

^ so we'll be able to see the stage from 422? and not just the side of the stage?

^ so we'll be able to see the stage from 422? and not just the side of the stage?

I really don't know, you will see the stage ofc, but behind MJ, I don't know. Maybe someone else know? :)

Does anyone know how many rows are in blocks A,B & C? I'm in B3, Row W and am trying to guage where I'll be sitting!

Rows cover the whole alphabet, therefore to row Z (26 rows).
So you are in block B, row W, that makes you 49 rows back.

Rows cover the whole alphabet, therefore to row Z (26 rows).
So you are in block B, row W, that makes you 49 rows back.

I don't think thats true. When I was looking at one of the good photos I counted the rows in A1, and there was not enough for rows A - Z!

I don't think thats true. When I was looking at one of the good photos I counted the rows in A1, and there was not enough for rows A - Z!
maybe it varies in the different concerts? i mean i have sean seating on photos (i think on the Barbara S concert) when there were only 4 rows in block C, other times there are much more rows in block C

maybe it varies in the different concerts? i mean i have sean seating on photos (i think on the Barbara S concert) when there were only 4 rows in block C, other times there are much more rows in block C

yea, I don't think we will know till we get there. But if you work it out at rows a - z per block, you can only be closer!

Back