Inside the O2 Arena: Size, Pics, Videos... [All threads merged]

Still not on Topic but Whilst i was waiting in the lobby for the russell hammersmith show they played the thriller album.

Lol hes quite popular over here. Not my cup of tea, but wouldn't says hes an A-hole, my partners mother really likes him so thats why they went

i can't stand him since that EMA's or whatever when he said many cruel jokes about Michael. i really don't like the kind of humor based on insulting and making fun of someone else. but let's not go off-topic any further lol :)

Still not on Topic but Whilst i was waiting in the lobby for the russell hammersmith show they played the thriller album.

have you managed to get the pics from BK 101, Row U, Seat 33 yet, you said you're friend was posting them on facebook, would really appreciate it :) thanks

Btw from looking at the videos from 112 and from me questioning LiamTeg, its pretty obvious that the stage is well over 6ft high. So all people on the floor should have no problem seeing.

Hi all!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my photos!
I used a Canon Powershot A620, which is a 7 megapixel digital camera to take the photos, I did not have a camcorder with me, and I am glad I didnt!

Security was very tight. They were all over the place. Like I commented on one of the photos, our tickets were checked twice, and people were searched twice, with a scanner for peoples bags, and a detector for scanning people! All womans handbags were searched and I was asked to empty my bulgy pockets. I had my camera, she was a nice woman and she just said be careful incase someone see the bulgy pocket and pickpockets the camera from behind me. I'd say though they were not all as nice as her because they looked very serious!

When we got into the arena, a guy checks your ticket at the soor to your block and shows you to your seat. He stood there for the whole concert, I was sitting close to the door. So I certainly would not stand up with a camcorder with him there or I wouldnt want to be bringing one in with all the searches! Lots of people use the recording mode on their digital cameras without anyone saying anything! Thats how I got my footages above!

As you noticed alot of the pictures were a bit blurry. You have to keep that camera very still to take a good shot, and with all the moving around going on on stage and the changing lights and projection screens it was not easy!

I will be uploading more pictures today! I took them with my sisters camera, a Canon Isus 990 or something like that (I will find out the exact model and tell you!) and that is a 10 megapixel camera, and the pictures I took on her camera are of a muchg higher quality, far more detailed and it reacted to the lighting and movements without any problems! So stay tuned, the average sizes of the shots I uploaded yesterday were 350kb, these new shots are 3mb average so its taking longer! I will post here when they are up and they will be on a new album on my site!

Finally, yes I saw Mick very easily! I could see the outlines of his mouth and eyes but I couldnt make out detailed facial features! You will have no problem seeing MJ dance, I can honestly say there does not appear to be one bad seat in the place!
Id say these photos best show what Mick looked like from where I was sitting:
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=35
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=9
http://mjjosullivan.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=37

Remember all these shots were taken from Block 407.

Back soon with the new shots!

OooOoOoo sweetheart THANK YOU. You don't know how much of a insight and help these pics are. It gave a good feel for the outside and in of the o2.

one thing I didn't get was why the seating chart thingy had
101-104 / 104-112
113-118 /

or something like that can't remember the exact numbers. It had 104 twice and I was like what.:mello: But no worries cuz im not in that section. lol

Ok i have a question...

Does anyone know how the floor seat numbering works... On the seating plan it gives the seat numbers on the tiers but not the floor. Really need to know cos for my VIP ticket I might have the chance to request what seat I get, and since its in A1 i would rather have a seat closer to A2 than closer to the front if you get what I mean.

Ok i have a question...

Does anyone know how the floor seat numbering works... On the seating plan it gives the seat numbers on the tiers but not the floor. Really need to know cos for my VIP ticket I might have the chance to request what seat I get, and since its in A1 i would rather have a seat closer to A2 than closer to the front if you get what I mean.

I just started a thread asking this very question but it got chopped.

Would like to know the seat numbers for the front A blocks? Searched high and low on the 02 website but cannot find anything.

do you think i will be able to take this camera with me? its a 5mp camera
fs5600_p.png

either that or fuji finepix j50 (normal small camera, which takes awful concert pics)

i know this one is 8mp and the 1st one is 5mp but it takes better pics

it doesnt matter what the MP is the issues at most events if cameras are allowed in is whether the lense is detachable. the general rule is if it is then u cant take it in. the camera posted above would be a no no imo as someone who work in the security industry at concerts etc. anorma standard digital camera is fine

Would like to know the seat numbers for the front A blocks? Searched high and low on the 02 website but cannot find anything.
user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("1872467")
have u emailed them?

Hi elusive do you think this camera would be o.k? It's a canon sx110 is

26583480c.gif

I would really like to buy it for my trip to london but I also want to be able to take it with me to the concerts, so I'm trying to find out what kind of cameras I can and can not take.

Thanks in advance:)

Hi elusive do you think this camera would be o.k? It's a canon sx110 is

26583480c.gif

I would really like to buy it for my trip to london but I also want to be able to take it with me to the concerts, so I'm trying to find out what kind of cameras I can and can not take.

Thanks in advance:)

personally i would say its ok. if its just a normal zoom. the issues that they tend to have is with those big SLR ones. but we dont know the directrules yet. they cold ban cameras altogether. so if u are just buying the camera for mj and nothing else and wont get any other use out of it id hold back from buying maybe till abit later. but if u want a new camera anyay then go for it

I took this from the O2 web site:

"The use of unauthorised cameras, video or sound recording is prohibited and such items may be confiscated. At some shows, discretion may be used in the enforcement of this rule subject to the agreement of the event promoter and small (less than 35 mm) cameras may be permitted. Visitors should adhere to flash photography signage at all times. For some concerts ALL types of camera will NOT be allowed into the auditorium at the request of the artist. Professional cameras and the use of video or audio equipment is strictly prohibited AT ALL TIMES as are video and audio recordings made without the permission of the artist or promoter."

Doea anyone know what that 35 mm means?

it just means your box standard camera tmk ie doesnt have a detachable lense like a SLR

what i wanted to ask if anyone knows,my daughter and i are sitting in bk 102 and my husband is sitting in 107,i think when you first enter the arena we will have to go through seperate entrances,can you walk around once you are in the arena,i mean could we go up to where my husband is seated to talk,obviously not when the concert starts but before.

i wouldnt see why not. the whole floor space is open for ppl to walk around. unless u get a jobs worth who says your ticket isnt for this area. just say u are off to talk to your kid and it will be ok

personally i would say its ok. if its just a normal zoom. the issues that they tend to have is with those big SLR ones. but we dont know the directrules yet. they cold ban cameras altogether. so if u are just buying the camera for mj and nothing else and wont get any other use out of it id hold back from buying maybe till abit later. but if u want a new camera anyay then go for it

Thanks elusive :flowers:

I think I will buy it, I'm planning on going sightseeing and I want to have a good camera with me.

I took this from the O2 web site:

"The use of unauthorised cameras, video or sound recording is prohibited and such items may be confiscated. At some shows, discretion may be used in the enforcement of this rule subject to the agreement of the event promoter and small (less than 35 mm) cameras may be permitted. Visitors should adhere to flash photography signage at all times. For some concerts ALL types of camera will NOT be allowed into the auditorium at the request of the artist. Professional cameras and the use of video or audio equipment is strictly prohibited AT ALL TIMES as are video and audio recordings made without the permission of the artist or promoter."

Doea anyone know what that 35 mm means?
Woot! Then I'm all set!

yes you can they are both lower teir so you will be fine to walk about together. people get up for drinks or food and walk about you will be fine

Back