Invincible or Xscape-Deluxe? Wich is your favorite?

Invincible or Xscape-Deluxe? Wich is your favorite?

• Invincible

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • Xscape-Deluxe

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Marcel_MR

Proud Member
210.jpg

2 albums - 1 vote. :)

The Demos on Xscape alone, Invincible is a good album, but there is no Loving You, Love never felt like this before and Do you know where your children are on it.

And Besides imagine how much better Invincible would be with "Blue Gangsta" and "Xscape" on it, both are Rodney Jerkins produced songs recorded in 1999 for possible inclusion on Invincible.

I agree too, original versions outdo the 2014 glossed over productions and having Xscape Stabdard would be unsatisfying, at 8 tracks its more an extended single than full length album. It sounds like the trick Prince did in the early days with 8 track albums and 6 song albumettes for proteges like The Time and Vanity 6. It was also common for disco and funk acts to only put 4 or 6 songs on an album, although most were 7 - 10 minute funk workouts like Parliament etc.

I choose Invincible, too.
The cover and APWNN are arguments for Xscape, but Invincible had the "go" from Michael and it has so many good songs like Threatend, Speechless, Whatever happens and so on. :bow:
On the other side: half of the Xscape-songs Michael recorded for Invincible.
(mjprincess: "Blue Gangsta" is a Dr. Freeze- and MJ-song.)
The new Xscape-mixes are good remixes for me, especially Stargates Version of APWNN is superb. :)
The original demos are the real Xscape-album, in my opinion.

For me Invincible would be a little better with some of the songs MJ recorded for it: APWNN and Xscape.

Karen Faye about the Invincible-Cover:
@wingheart The Invincible cover (the head shot) was retouched into something that was no where near the original photo shot by Albert Watson. I had painted Michael gold and he was wearing a hairpiece that was completely gold. I was very disappointed at what Sony did to the photo. The original photo was quite amazing.

A alternative albumtracklist could be:

1. Shout
  2. Invincible
  3. Break Of Dawn
  4. YRMW
  5. Butterflies (feat. Eve)
  6. Xscape
  7. Speechless
  8. APWNN
  9. Unbreakable
  10. 2000 Watts
  11. Privacy
  12. Don´t walk away
  13. Blue Gangsta
  14. Heartbreaker
  15. Whatever happens
  16. Threatend

Limited Album-Edition or B-sides for singles:
Heaven Can Wait
Cry
The Lost Children
You Are My Life
She Was Loving Me
Hollywood Tonight
Another Day

It's a bit of a toss-up for me. The remixes of Chicago and A Place With No Name, as well as either version of Loving You and Xscape, are single-handedly better than most of what made Invincible; but at the same time, Invincible has tunes like Whatever Happens and Speechless.

Not to mention that the best versions of certain Xscape tracks aren't even on the album (if the leaked cut of DYKWYCA made an appearance, Xscape would win without question; same with the extended leaked version of Blue Gangsta).

Invincible edges Xscape out just narrowly.

Impressions of the songs, one by one:

Unbreakable - positive
Heartbreaker - neutral
Invincible - positive
Break of Dawn - positive
Heaven Can Wait - positive
YRMW - neutral
Butterflies - positive
Speechless - neutral
2000 Watts - positive
YRML - positive
Privacy - positive
Don't Walk Away - neutral
Cry - negative
The Lost Children - positive
Whatever Happens - positive
Threatened - positive

LNFSG - neutral
Chicago - neutral
Loving You - positive
APWNN - positive
STTR - positive
DYKWYCR - positive
Blue Gangsta - positive
Xscape - positive

I think that would invincible.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but are people really choosing a posthumous album mainly produced and remixed by people who never worked with MJ in his life over a real original album from Michael Jackson? wow.

Invincible. Of course.

Not fair to compare studio albums with posthumous albums imo. Both brilliant albums with amazing tracks.. but still Invincible is really invincible and it is a proper studio album, not a compilation of songs.

And Besides imagine how much better Invincible would be with "Blue Gangsta" and "Xscape" on it, both are Rodney Jerkins produced songs recorded in 1999 for possible inclusion on Invincible.

BG is Freeze/Jackson song, not Jerkins collab.

I have never heard Xscape, and I don't need to to choose the music Michael produced himself over something he has no say in how and what is being done to his own songs

It's a huge loss for you.

to me, it's not. I can't get myself to listen to the posthumous albums with Michael. not only because he has no say in what they are doing to his songs, and how, but because he's not here to release them himself, and to enjoy the success that automatically followed whenever he released an album. my biggest joy in life was taken away when he died. the special kind of joy and excitement I was feeling whenever he released something new, or something was coming on TV with him, or when I was going to a concert with him, etc.
a kind of joy I've never had with anything or anyone else ever, and I never will again. that's gone now and will never come back. when Xscape was released, I tried to listen to it, but I listen to 1 minute of one song, and I just couldn't anymore. I was sitting there with this empty feeling. I just can not enjoy it. it's just not the same without him, and it never will be. I can't do it. to me, the only loss is when Michael was taken away from us. I already have his music, I know what he was capable of. I don't need to be reminded that after he is dead

Ill just say there are some gems in xscape that would have put Invincible over the edge as far as making I little extra magical... If I am going to stack the albums against each other it would be too hard for me to "V.S" an album MJ finished against an album of tracks MJ didn't.. Maybe what Michael could have done with those tracks could have made it 1 up on Invincible.. but the work he did was unfished so...

to me, it's not. I can't get myself to listen to the posthumous albums with Michael. not only because he has no say in what they are doing to his songs, and how, but because he's not here to release them himself, and to enjoy the success that automatically followed whenever he released an album. my biggest joy in life was taken away when he died. the special kind of joy and excitement I was feeling whenever he released something new, or something was coming on TV with him, or when I was going to a concert with him, etc.
a kind of joy I've never had with anything or anyone else ever, and I never will again. that's gone now and will never come back. when Xscape was released, I tried to listen to it, but I listen to 1 minute of one song, and I just couldn't anymore. I was sitting there with this empty feeling. I just can not enjoy it. it's just not the same without him, and it never will be. I can't do it. to me, the only loss is when Michael was taken away from us. I already have his music, I know what he was capable of. I don't need to be reminded that after he is dead

Deluxe Edition has the demo versions of all the songs. Those area great.

For me music is something spiritual and not just physical and even though Michael is not here physically, he is spiritually present in every song. It's something beautiful and almost divine. I hope you'll get there at some point. You need to learn how to celebrate his music without thinking about his physical presence.

I have to go with Xscape i love the demo on here and the new versions of the songs.:punk:

Deluxe Edition has the demo versions of all the songs. Those area great.
I know it does, and what difference does that make?

For me music is something spiritual and not just physical and even though Michael is not here physically, he is spiritually present in every song. It's something beautiful and almost divine. I hope you'll get there at some point. You need to learn how to celebrate his music without thinking about his physical presence.

I'm not much of a spiritual person

Even though I see Invincible as an MJ album that no longer exist to me. I still voted for that. Mainly because we still had Michael when that album came out. And also for the fact I don't have the Xscape album. Nor do I ever have any desire of getting it. At least not any time soon. I can't handle the thought of listening to an MJ album that came out after that horrible June date. I already made one mistake by doing that. I am not going to make the same mistake twice.:(

Invincible - because it is an album by MICHAEL and not by the Estate. Invincible is awesome, ....
I bought the Deluxe version of Xscape, because I was mainly interested in the original versions by Michael.

I'll go with Invincible, but Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original version) is brilliant

The original demos on the Xscape 2nd disc are better than most of the songs on Invincible, for me anyway.

I'd rather listen to a scratched skipping damaged version of Invincible than the "contemporised" Xscape album however.

This thread isn't so much about deciding which album is more respectful or which album Michael would have approved of; it's more about which one has stronger material. I can't fault anyone for picking Xscape.

Xscape is a great posthumous album!! - With the demos on disc 2 - amazing even!!

BUT - This has to be Invincible, no doubt !

Invincible is an album MJ finished and finalized. - MJ had the final say and choose the songs and was in the studio creating magic.

Invincible is such a masterpiece - so I vote for Invincible, no doubt what so ever...

Back